A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem to me that PA makes out an impossible situation for any woman. Never can find one because the fame scares them and being a Princess of Monaco is a tough job. And of course women are throwing themselves at him. If she makes one false move, she's thrown overboard for having been scared away by the attention, or seduced by the attention.

If he cares for her, then the public supposedly never sees her, instead cameras would see him cosy with someone else, but not the person he 'really' wants.

So, the woman he 'really wants' would have to be insulted (at least I would be) because he's running around with someone else. The one he's seen with in the pictures can never be sure of what he's thinking about her either -- except that she best enjoy the moment because that's about all she'll get probably and she'd better expect him to be seen also in a picture kissing and holding onto someone beside her, the next flavor of the moment or something. At least we all know that he is capable of having some kind of 'sort-of long-term' committed relationship.

wow. what a game.

Last edited:
tiawanika said:
PA has a wondering i hope he gets over it at some point....
I like the picture. Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't read the menu. Meaning even if he was married he can still look just not touch. <Deleted personal remarks/Mandy> If he has waited this long to commit to marriage he will be in love when he does because he had found a woman he knew he could trust loved him. One that was worthy of his heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way to know what was going on with CW. Who can say but her behavior was very territorial and I just think it's a bad move for anyone, man or woman, to toss themselves in like that. It has a funny way of making people feel trapped. I have a bit of a hard time attributing anything to her behavior other than maybe a really big crush, good time in bed, not really knowing how to handle to attention. She sure did grin up for the camera though. I noticted that in old pics of Prince Charles with women when he was dating. He'd be completely oblivious half the time and the women would just be ear to ear teeth.

Laviollette said:
No one knows. Charlene Wittstock has disappeared and changed her phone number after her spectacular debut at the 2006 Turino Olympics where she and the prince cuddled and smooched in public...

Wow, that was fast! I thought the beauty from South Africa (?) was going to last Prince Albert at least for half a season :rolleyes:.

I too think we could lighten up a bit about PA & all his ladies. We, more than most people, know it must be extremely difficult (if not next to impossible) for PA to truly date anyone long enough to really give the relationship a chance w/out the media getting in the way. I vote we take the higher road and try to be a bit more supportive.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I like the picture. Just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't read the menu. Meaning even if he was married he can still look just not touch. <Deleted personal remarks/Mandy> If he has waited this long to commit to marriage he will be in love when he does because he had found a woman he knew he could trust loved him. One that was worthy of his heart.

I like the photo too...but sometimes I just can't control the smart-aleck in me. :eek: I think he'd be faithful too...besides, why would any woman marry any man that she didn't trust completely?

Freedom said:
I too think we could lighten up a bit about PA & all his ladies. We, more than most people, know it must be extremely difficult (if not next to impossible) for PA to truly date anyone long enough to really give the relationship a chance w/out the media getting in the way. I vote we take the higher road and try to be a bit more supportive.

Amen...as has been said...it's all a waiting game now. It's one thing to comment on how a person is acting as documented in photos, etc. but it's quite another, and quite wrong, to project how others feel or think.

Diez Minutos

This mag thinks Charlene was the girl on the Pacha last summer

r23xac.jpg
r23xau.jpg
r23xbl.jpg
r23xc4.jpg

tbhrc said:
Diez Minutos

I don't think so. both of them are blond but they have diffrent facial structures, you can see it better in other photos from last summer I'll look for them later.

Tamar

I think it's hard to tell...but if they were dating, I wonder if she was miffed b/c last fall he was telling the NYTimes and others that he wasn't in a relationship. True, could be protecting her privacy...however, that went out the window this month.

It is hard to tell, but that person on the boar has a similar frame (body type) to Charlene. Charlene has some pretty deep wrinkles for a 28 year old. :(

ditto burberry, is she really 28 or could it be sun damage to her skin?
but in the 2nd row of pic & the 2nd pic with ablert's back to the camera. he has a workmans smile going on. lol

tbhrc said:
Diez Minutos

If it wasn't CW you can bet she's wondering who it was. PA really has it made with the ladies, I'm going to bet he never marries. Andrea is as much Gramaldi blood line as any children he could produce.

Dang, how hard can it be to find a good woman? :D This is highly unusual behavior for a man who comes from a stable household with parents who were in love and together til the end. I don't get it. I just hope it's someone soon.

His name's Andrea and he's just as legit as any of the three children produced by Grace and Rainer. He does not need to marry and I predict he will continue to enjoy a buffet of women.

BurberryBrit said:
Dang, how hard can it be to find a good woman? :D This is highly unusual behavior for a man who comes from a stable household with parents who were in love and together til the end. I don't get it. I just hope it's someone soon.
I don't think it's been as hard to find a good woman as PA has made it out to be. He's the problem. He's never taken responsibility for doing what is part of his job description, produce a legitimate heir or heirs. Imo, he deliberately attaches himself to unavailable and unsuitable women. I also wonder if he's just decided, secretly of course, that Andrea will be his heir.

Laviollette said:
I don't think it's been as hard to find a good woman as PA has made it out to be. He's the problem. He's never taken responsibility for doing what is part of his job description, produce a legitimate heir or heirs. Imo, he deliberately attaches himself to unavailable and unsuitable women. I also wonder if he's just decided, secretly of course, that Andrea will be his heir.

I agree -- he's a grown man. But I would guess he probably has never ever liked the idea of being told or forced on what to do -- especially when it comes to his own 'procreation' -- I know I wouldn't like it ether because it's a personal matter. Whether it was part of the job or not. PA didn't pick to born into that position, although I'm sure he likes being Reigning Prince and all the perks that come with it. Part of the perks is lots of women and anything else he could want, right?

I think Albert is doing what he wants to do, and imo, it shouldn't be any other way. :p

So ok, good for him:p :)

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I agree -- he's a grown man. But I would guess he probably has never ever liked the idea of being told or forced on what to do -- especially when it comes to his own 'procreation' -- I know I wouldn't like it ether because it's a personal matter. Whether it was part of the job or not. PA didn't pick to born into that position, although I'm sure he likes being Reigning Prince and all the perks that come with it. Part of the perks is lots of women and anything else he could want, right?

I think Albert is doing what he wants to do, and imo, it shouldn't be any other way. :p

So ok, good for him:p :)
I wonder how Andrea will be prepared for the role of future monarch? The family may not want to spill those beans just yet. It would put heavy pressure on him and make him a target. But I think that course has basically been set. PA obviously doesn't want to get married and the 2002 MC constitution let him off the hook.

I guess there is just a disconnect between what he wants and what he needs. What he wants is the young, pretty model...it's amazing -- he ages but his companions never seem to. Fixation on perpetual youth? What he needs is someone who not only posseses the grace (no pun intended), poise, and intelligence to fill a very specific and unforgiving role.

That being said, I don't think there is anything unseemly in the photos. A couple are posed shots, one is one of them at the Olympics (posed or not), and the vacation photos -- regardless of who the young lady is -- was a private party. The camera was the intruder.

The reason he and Sophie appeared to make such a well-suited pair is that she is closer to his age and is carrying herself well in the role.

pinklady1991 said:
I guess there is just a disconnect between what he wants and what he needs. What he wants is the young, pretty model...it's amazing -- he ages but his companions never seem to. Fixation on perpetual youth? What he needs is someone who not only posseses the grace (no pun intended), poise, and intelligence to fill a very specific and unforgiving role.

That being said, I don't think there is anything unseemly in the photos. A couple are posed shots, one is one of them at the Olympics (posed or not), and the vacation photos -- regardless of who the young lady is -- was a private party. The camera was the intruder.

The reason he and Sophie appeared to make such a well-suited pair is that she is closer to his age and is carrying herself well in the role.

I agree, Sophie looks like a mature woman who takes care of business. The kind of woman that would seem to do well with him, at least in public in terms of maturity. Very unlike, imo, the girls PA seems to like to be around -- like to party, like to have fun, not being too serious or heavy on anything, just want to hang around for awhile and be dazzled and impressed.

At least he doesn't seem to be anyway to serious about all that anyway -- I think he's just letting off some pressure or something:)

Last edited:
Oh, and about Andrea being prepared. I read somewhere that Rainer was not "prepared" at all when he took over. There are a lot of people who live in Monoco with too much at stake to just let Andrea out to dry. I think Princes Charles and Albert are SO prepared it's' what people have come to expect. Plus, Albert still has at least 30 good years of life ahead, Andrea has plenty of time. There is no saying he needs a college degee, he may just have to get "on the job" training.

I think it would be a big disappointment if PA married, finally, and it didn't work out. That might even be worse then just remaining a bachelor. I imagine that thing with NC right after his father died was probably quite traumatic, who could blame him for keeping women at a distence.

PA-CW thoughts

Hi all - I read that CW is focused on the 2008 for a medal. If she and PA married next year, she'd probably be pg in time for the Olympics. Now, do we really see that happening? LOL. I say, that if they become serious then she'd have to make that decision - crown or medal. Does anyone know if the Olympic/school issues were the reasons why Alicia didn't make it down the aisle?

Royal interest said:
Hi all - I read that CW is focused on the 2008 for a medal. If she and PA married next year, she'd probably be pg in time for the Olympics. Now, do we really see that happening? LOL. I say, that if they become serious then she'd have to make that decision - crown or medal. Does anyone know if the Olympic/school issues were the reasons why Alicia didn't make it down the aisle?

It could be a cover. CW was the one in Torino telling the press there were "no marriage plans yet." She failed to qualify for the '04 games so '08 is a huge stretch and her coach told Point de Vue that she isn't expected to restart training until Septmber '06. So you have to assume that if she is out giving interviews to Paris Match and Hello! and getting a press agent, trying to get some favorable PR focused on her, she believes that a proposal could be imminent. In fact, the magazine article from which the most recent posting of photos comes, Diez Minutos, is reporting that an engagement will be announced in April right after Albert's trip to the North Pole and a year after the official mourning period for Rainier. Of couse, this article also says she was introduced to the entire Grimaldi family too and it was under the "Engagements" subsection. So really who knows who is getting the scoop? (Disclaimer: I never formally studied Spanish so my translation could be faulty.) Palace staff would have to approach her first to guarantee that she would accept. Remember that Grace, at the time of her engagement, was reviewing scripts and negotiating contracts.

Personally, I think this can go either way. PA's birthday is Tuesday so it would be interesting to see if any press sees her with him this weekend. The Italian magazine Oggi has reported that she is on the guest list for the Rose Ball; we just have to wait and see. He has taken other gf's to high profile events and nothing happened. Do we even know if he spent New Year's with CW?

As someone stated earlier, Albert's younger companions have only seemed interested in the party, no obligation side of being with him; if that is true, you would have to assume that Albert could sense the same thing. Maybe that's what scared Alicia off -- in reality, no one knows what happened. Maybe she found out about the other women. It has been said that you never have to worry about the women Albert is seen with; there is usually someone in the background that is much more serious.

Paca -- you are close enough geographically and are familiar with some of the background players, what do you think, particularly with CW's rather sudden disapperance at the Olympics but being introduced to high profile and important people in PA's life (Prince Emmanuele of Italy for one)? You said you thought this wasn't serious then; have you changed your mind? Are these magazines making engagement rumors up or is someone feeding them info? (Could it even be our own speculations?) I realize that CW hasn't been with him on the most recent round of "official" visits, but then again, they aren't engaged yet. I just get the impression that PA will balk if anyone, official or not, puts him on a time table and, with having just assumed the throne he would be loathe to jump into anything that if he hadn't really thought through could potentially be disasterous.

PA will be 48. He is getting closer to 50, so maybe he is sizing CW up.
I can't wait to see the pictures from his birthday party.

This is all so inredibly fascinating. I wonder if she will be at the Rose Ball.

And the more I look at the pics from the summer, I think it IS CW. That woman has a prominant chin from the profile pic, like CW and has a sporty/athletic body like CW. I wonder if they've been dating all that time?

Another woman between or right before Charlene?

Below is an article about another woman PA was dating (Sonique) for two months after a music awards in Monaco. The article doesn't say what music awards show. I believe there was some type of charity music event last year that Mariah Carey attended, but I am not sure if this is what the article is referring. I posted a picture of Sonique and albert taken in 2002 in a further post, so they knew each other way before this article was written.

I originally wrote this post becasue I assumed that the article was written soon after their "two-month dalliance" was over. So, I implied that If the woman in the picture is Charlene and he was dating her during the summer, then he wasn't in an exclusive relationship with her either between last summer and the more public Olympics dates. But, another poster informed me that the last music award was held in Monaco in 2003. More pertinently, this article is a gossip piece.

Daily Mail (London)

December 5, 2005 Monday

ED 1ST; Pg. 39

Frozen out by Albert's flunkies

GRACE KELLY she isn't, but DJ and singer Sonique (above) certainly presses the right buttons for the late Princess's son, Monaco's ruler Prince Albert II. For I can reveal that the London-born beauty - real name Sonia Clarke - enjoyed an unlikely two-month dalliance with Albert.

Sonique, 37, trills:'He's absolutely lovely.We met at a music awards ceremony in Monaco. We hung out together for two months - going out to dinner and clubbing - and he was not a bit royal. I liked him a lot.' Alas, Sonique, who had a No1 single with It Feels So Good, soon realised there was no future with Albert.

The singer felt frozen out by Albert's flunkies because of her background: she left school without qualifications, drew the dole for four years and even slept rough before finding fame.

Explains a friend: 'Albert was fine, but the people around him treated her like dirt. It was quite clear they didn't think she should be part of their scene.' Perhaps Albert's retainers should have treated Sonique better - they nearly hyperventilated earlier this year after he was forced to admit having sired a lovechild with Togo air hostess Nicole Coste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom