A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laviollette said:
All of this does seem a little strange. I really think he just doesn't want to get married and is not going to.

I agree, PA does not really seem to want to get married but he cannot really come out and say that, he'd probably never get a date.

One thought though, if she left after the "lovers" kiss and tell quote to the press I cannot see how that relationship is going to continue unless PA is the smoothest man ever. She could have been planning to fly out that day anyway but, many much wiser royal watchers than I picked up on her chattiness to the press as being a no no. I just cannot imagine what he would have said, or had someone say that would not have been completely humiliating. Maybe, "....thanks for sharring my hotel room but.....I don't want anyone to know about it.......see ya..." IMO you just don't talk about stuff like that if you really deeply love someone. It's a little bit insulting to PA. And then there's always the idea that he was not thinking "exclusive" and she was being territorial, which I definately picked up in the pictures.

It makes me think of the time the press caught P Charles and L Diana fishing in the country, before their engagement was announced, and she ran off into the woods....anyone else remember that? Well, it was'nt like she was embarressed to be seen with him, she just respected him.

I'm kinda thinking she might have gotten dumped...any takers?

leahteresa said:
I agree, PA does not really seem to want to get married but he cannot really come out and say that, he'd probably never get a date.

One thought though, if she left after the "lovers" kiss and tell quote to the press I cannot see how that relationship is going to continue unless PA is the smoothest man ever. She could have been planning to fly out that day anyway but, many much wiser royal watchers than I picked up on her chattiness to the press as being a no no. I just cannot imagine what he would have said, or had someone say that would not have been completely humiliating. Maybe, "....thanks for sharring my hotel room but.....I don't want anyone to know about it.......see ya..." IMO you just don't talk about stuff like that if you really deeply love someone. It's a little bit insulting to PA. And then there's always the idea that he was not thinking "exclusive" and she was being territorial, which I definately picked up in the pictures.

It makes me think of the time the press caught P Charles and L Diana fishing in the country, before their engagement was announced, and she ran off into the woods....anyone else remember that? Well, it was'nt like she was embarressed to be seen with him, she just respected him.

I'm kinda thinking she might have gotten dumped...any takers?

Ah, someone as bored with the Oscars as I am. :D

I don't think PA was hiding this relationship. He went to pretty public areas with her, introduced her to some of his friends, particularly in royal circles, so he may have intended it to be her "coming out party." I've seen photos of the two of them dancing for the press (or maybe for a friend's camera?) at the Opening Ceremonies so I think silly behaviour was part of the evening (a few drinks, perhaps?) but the over-the-top PDA was probably not what PA bargained for. I do think, however, he got her out of Dodge, when she started getting chatty with the press. I'm not sure what to think about the sudden "privacy" measures she took in SA. Circling the wagons or protecting herself? As I said in earlier posts, you don't start chatting unless you have something to prove.

The cover story in Paris Match was interesting in that she never mentioned PA either. Do any of your royal watcher friends have any thoughts on that? I guess the two upcoming tests are the Rose Ball in March and the safari vacation later in the spring.

Diana was 19 at the time and I think she ran out of fear from the press, but a more recent example of more discrete behaviour was CP Mary of Denmark. And she was roughly the same age as CW when she started dating Frederick.

Unfortunately, CW might represent the kind of women PA continues to entangle himself with. And CP Mary isn't the only example of discretion. Kate Middleton has been discreet and she's only 24. Plus Tatiana, Andrea's girlfriend, who might actually be a future sovereign princess of monaco has also shown discretion and maturity considering her age of 21.

I think I'm going to stick with the "dumped" theory. He took NC to several events so I'm not sure showing up in public with a woman, which he's done a lot, is any indication about his marital intentions. I just cannot figure out how he would put her on a plane back to SA with any kind of grace. Maybe he's as much in love with the idea of a big royal wedding as some on this board but when the committment starts to close in, he bails. As far as her behavior when she returned to SA, who knows, that could be read either way. I think, despite her lack of education, Diana was pretty smart, Mary seems pretty smart, Kate is obviouly in love, etc. CW talking to the press just was not smart.

I think I'm going to stick with the "dumped" theory.

Me too! For her to have disappeared so suddenly, it's a safe bet that they went their separate ways, especially after all the pawing and schmoozing for the cameras that went on. It was pretty embarrassing.

I just cannot figure out how he would put her on a plane back to SA with any kind of grace

Can't even guess how that conversation went!! LOL

As far as her behavior when she returned to SA, who knows, that could be read either way.

The press know they can get info from her...she's too easy and eager to talk because she likes attention. They probably figure they can hound her until they get further details. My guess is that she will fade away for a while because she made a fool of herself and things didn't go as she thought they would.

how can he hop from person to person? yuck.....were's their diginity? i would die to find my daughter admit to the public that she just having fun with someone. cant he fine someone w/in his circle with a bit of moral backbone or would such a person have nothing to do with him?

semisquare said:
how can he hop from person to person? yuck.....were's their diginity? i would die to find my daughter admit to the public that she just having fun with someone. cant he fine someone w/in his circle with a bit of moral backbone or would such a person have nothing to do with him?

I'm not sure if the relationship is over but it's definitely cooling if indeed he did send her home. I can't make up my mind if she deliberately left anything about PA out or if PM's editors censored her b/c of the recent law suit. I once read that jilted/angry women go to PM when they have an axe to grind so I'm kind of wondering. We'll just have to see if she attends the Rose Ball at the end of this month.

Again, admitting publicly that you are sleeping with someone is just tacky. Assumptions will be made...it all depends on who you want to model your behaviour on: Grace Kelly or Paris Hilton. Women complain that they are not treated like ladies; they should know that you have to know how to act like one first. (Sorry for getting on the soap box.)

Personally, I think PA likes the chase and somewhat loses interest when he knows he "has" them. He just needs to find a woman who will challenge him a little and interest him on a variety of levels.

pinklady1991 said:
Personally, I think PA likes the chase and somewhat loses interest when he knows he "has" them. He just needs to find a woman who will challenge him a little and interest him on a variety of levels.

Albert must be used to getting the same type of woman: eager to be the next Princess of Monaco and who are at his beck and call. Men in general don't like women who are so easy, so the woman who calls his bluff, has a life of her own and makes him work for her will snag him. This is especially true for a man of Albert's position because he knows just what he's worth. He needs this kind of woman at his side. It is a requirement, not an option. (Especially after the NC fiasco, he is probably even more afraid to commit!) How boring must it be for Albert to get any woman he sets his sights on?

If it's really over with CW, she was dumb, plain and simple. Him taking her to such a public event was a huge test, and she proved that she couldn't handle it.

I maintain that the right woman for Albert will be as discreet as the love letters passed across the Atlantic between Ranier and Grace.

leahteresa said:
I think I'm going to stick with the "dumped" theory. He took NC to several events so I'm not sure showing up in public with a woman, which he's done a lot, is any indication about his marital intentions. I just cannot figure out how he would put her on a plane back to SA with any kind of grace. Maybe he's as much in love with the idea of a big royal wedding as some on this board but when the committment starts to close in, he bails. As far as her behavior when she returned to SA, who knows, that could be read either way. I think, despite her lack of education, Diana was pretty smart, Mary seems pretty smart, Kate is obviouly in love, etc. CW talking to the press just was not smart.

Maybe she just went back home with the rest of the swimming team. :p
That's how she got there in the first place isn't it? She came there with the swimming team, right?

pinklady1991 said:
I'm not sure if the relationship is over but it's definitely cooling if indeed he did send her home. I can't make up my mind if she deliberately left anything about PA out or if PM's editors censored her b/c of the recent law suit. I once read that jilted/angry women go to PM when they have an axe to grind so I'm kind of wondering. We'll just have to see if she attends the Rose Ball at the end of this month.

Again, admitting publicly that you are sleeping with someone is just tacky. Assumptions will be made...it all depends on who you want to model your behaviour on: Grace Kelly or Paris Hilton. Women complain that they are not treated like ladies; they should know that you have to know how to act like one first. (Sorry for getting on the soap box.)

I agree, but there are sooo many women who would willing just throw themselves at PA, no matter if they cheapen themselves or not. They don't care, so why should he?

And I can certainly imagine that he and his people would not be excited about the whiff of any new scandals at all on Albert.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure I'd call it scandal. I mean, they are both single consenting adults. They can pretty much do whatever they want. Except, it's not, I don't think, too repectable to admit to shacking up with an IOC official if your in training to compete. The olympics is political on some levels and it's just not smart.

Has anyone else gotten a look at her Paris Match interview? I'm a little confussed about that and I"m wondering if someone can clear it up. Didn't PA sue Paris Match? I cannot remember. If that is the case he certainly didn't send her out or give her permission to sit down for an interview with them. It would be like throwing them a great big bone, here make some more money off me. I don't know what kind of publication Paris Match is, maybe I'm off. Anyone?

Lillia said:
I agree, but there are sooo many women who would willing just throw themselves at PA, no matter if they cheapen themselves or not. They don't care, so why should he?

And I can certainly imagine that he and his people would not be excited about the whiff of any new scandals at all on Albert.

But we still have no proof that they are no longer an item.

Re: PA's taste in women, to quote my mother: Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

What I find amazing, is that the Monegasques seem to forgive him no matter what he does... I guess that's one of the perks of absolute monarchy. :cool:

BurberryBrit said:
Albert must be used to getting the same type of woman: eager to be the next Princess of Monaco and who are at his beck and call. Men in general don't like women who are so easy, so the woman who calls his bluff, has a life of her own and makes him work for her will snag him. This is especially true for a man of Albert's position because he knows just what he's worth. He needs this kind of woman at his side. It is a requirement, not an option. (Especially after the NC fiasco, he is probably even more afraid to commit!) How boring must it be for Albert to get any woman he sets his sights on?

If it's really over with CW, she was dumb, plain and simple. Him taking her to such a public event was a huge test, and she proved that she couldn't handle it.

I maintain that the right woman for Albert will be as discreet as the love letters passed across the Atlantic between Ranier and Grace.

I definitely agree. Men like Albert always end up marrying (or having a long term relationship with) women who don't worship them. I remember hearing that that's what first attracted JFK jr. (a womanizer in his own right) to his wife.

Then, too, there are the men who just aren't marriage material.

Bunkycat said:
Me too! For her to have disappeared so suddenly, it's a safe bet that they went their separate ways, especially after all the pawing and schmoozing for the cameras that went on. It was pretty embarrassing.

Although it could have been planned since PA was back in Monaco shortly after CW "disappeared." I just can't imagine what PA said when CW gave the "no marriage plans yet" quote. I have to wonder how long they have been a couple?

Bunkycat said:
Can't even guess how that conversation went!! LOL.

Oh, neither can I but I think it might not have been all that pretty. Do you think that maybe that's why she ran to Paris Match for an exclusive? Although there are two ways this can go: (1) she spoke to them w/ his permission with the understanding that she not mention the relationship so he would get back in PM's good graces; (2) he dumped her, she ran to PM, but they censored her.

Bunkycat said:
The press know they can get info from her...she's too easy and eager to talk because she likes attention. They probably figure they can hound her until they get further details. My guess is that she will fade away for a while because she made a fool of herself and things didn't go as she thought they would.

True...but it does smell a bit of self-promotion as well. After all, who would really care about her if she hadn't been seen with PA?

<Removed personal comments/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Time will tell! If they are still an item, we will se pics of them soon enough.

Regarding PM i think it should be mentioned that if celebs want to talk they usually do it there. There is also Gala in France, but somehow PM has managed to keep a fairly good rep (they also write on other things then celebs btw). The Grimaldis have had good relations with PM for a very long time (apparently it was their boss at the time who arranged the photo shoot of Grace and Rainier when they first met, so somehow PM has always considered the Grimaldis as belonging to them.) Generally I think that CW does not need PAs approval to talk to them. She might have talked to him about it, but if PM and CW wanted to do it and PA would have been against it, he couldn't have done anything about it. Also I don't think that PM would censure her interview. If she would talk about PA, it would be her responsibility not theirs (note he did not sue NC for giving the interview, but PM for printing the pics). So legally they would have been fine to print whatever she says even if it would be about PAs private life with her, because if she is part of it, she can talk about her side. But she can not speculate in public about whether or not he wants to marry her until he has actually made the proposal. I would assume that she made it a condition to not talk about it. Besides before this kind of interview goes to publish, they usually present the version they want to print for proof read to the one who has been interviewed to make sure that they do approve the article.

As I said before, when the whole thing started, I don't think it was ever anything serious. There was too much posing for cameras from both sides for my liking. they both knew what was going to happen and apparently accepted it. it is still beyond me, why he would do that, since it obviously sends out a bad message to those who would want to take him seriously. But maybe this was a message to someone totally different that we don't even know about. Maybe someone wasn't getting the message that there was no marriage in it for her (whoever she was) and this was his way of making sure she'd understand (which woman would accept the man she wants to marry to pose for pics like that with another woman. no decent one IMO). Maybe he had raised someone elses expectations and didn't know how to get out of it. ( some people have problems saying no out of fear to hurt the others feelings....) Who knows? But maybe it was just bad PR work once again. That wouldn't be a first.

PA has a wondering i hope he gets over it at some point....
qxv1g2.jpg

Copyright source: Bruno Press

tiawanika said:

That's hilarious! At least his gaze isn't lower. ;)

paca said:
Regarding PM i think it should be mentioned that if celebs want to talk they usually do it there. There is also Gala in France, but somehow PM has managed to keep a fairly good rep (they also write on other things then celebs btw). The Grimaldis have had good relations with PM for a very long time (apparently it was their boss at the time who arranged the photo shoot of Grace and Rainier when they first met, so somehow PM has always considered the Grimaldis as belonging to them.) Generally I think that CW does not need PAs approval to talk to them. She might have talked to him about it, but if PM and CW wanted to do it and PA would have been against it, he couldn't have done anything about it. Also I don't think that PM would censure her interview. If she would talk about PA, it would be her responsibility not theirs (note he did not sue NC for giving the interview, but PM for printing the pics). So legally they would have been fine to print whatever she says even if it would be about PAs private life with her, because if she is part of it, she can talk about her side. But she can not speculate in public about whether or not he wants to marry her until he has actually made the proposal. I would assume that she made it a condition to not talk about it. Besides before this kind of interview goes to publish, they usually present the version they want to print for proof read to the one who has been interviewed to make sure that they do approve the article.

PM was practically required reading for French majors when I was an undergrad and I think they do a wonderful job covering a wide array of topics. Much more accessible than Le Monde was (at least from my point of view all those years ago). I just find that something isn't quite right with the whole situation. Maybe I was brought up wrong, but self-promotion wouldn't be my way of getting into someone's good graces.

paca said:
As I said before, when the whole thing started, I don't think it was ever anything serious. There was too much posing for cameras from both sides for my liking. they both knew what was going to happen and apparently accepted it. it is still beyond me, why he would do that, since it obviously sends out a bad message to those who would want to take him seriously. But maybe this was a message to someone totally different that we don't even know about. Maybe someone wasn't getting the message that there was no marriage in it for her (whoever she was) and this was his way of making sure she'd understand (which woman would accept the man she wants to marry to pose for pics like that with another woman. no decent one IMO). Maybe he had raised someone elses expectations and didn't know how to get out of it. ( some people have problems saying no out of fear to hurt the others feelings....) Who knows? But maybe it was just bad PR work once again. That wouldn't be a first.

There's got to be easier ways of getting rid of a woman without making a fool of yourself and raising expectations of someone else. If the whole thing was just PR gone wrong, I think the Palace needs to rethink its strategy or hire someone new...

"Maybe someone wasn't getting the message that there was no marriage in it for her (whoever she was) and this was his way of making sure she'd understand (which woman would accept the man she wants to marry to pose for pics like that with another woman. no decent one IMO). Maybe he had raised someone elses expectations and didn't know how to get out of it. ( some people have problems saying no out of fear to hurt the others feelings....)" Paca

Interesting point of view, could actually be some truth to it. Maybe she wanted some press and he just figured he could help her out.

The pic is really funny. IMO he can look at any women he wants and date as often as he likes. He's a single man, not married to anyone. I find the wide variety of women he dates to be refreshing and a reminder that it's what's on the inside that counts. I say that and I must qualify it by saying I think It is VERY important for women (and men) to at least brush their teeth, comb their hair, and try to look decent in public. I was completely unimpressed by the pictures of CW where she looked like she'd just rolled out of bed, ie: no makeup, no hairbrush, bad haircut, bad color, bed head. She would have been safe to bet on camera's being around.

leahteresa said:
The pic is really funny. IMO he can look at any women he wants and date as often as he likes. He's a single man, not married to anyone. I find the wide variety of women he dates to be refreshing and a reminder that it's what's on the inside that counts. I say that and I must qualify it by saying I think It is VERY important for women (and men) to at least brush their teeth, comb their hair, and try to look decent in public. I was completely unimpressed by the pictures of CW where she looked like she'd just rolled out of bed, ie: no makeup, no hairbrush, bad haircut, bad color, bed head. She would have been safe to bet on camera's being around.

Yes, but after a point it just becomes amusing...I wonder if he even saw that woman walking by...or he could be thinking, "Did I...or didn't I..."

I'm all for the natural look, but you're right...at least brush your hair. She looked pretty coiffed at the Opening Ceremonies...but it was downhill after that. (No pun intended.) You need to speak with my assistant as well...can't be taken seriously if you come to work looking like you just rolled out of bed.

tiawanika said:

See, this is exactly why I myself would not want to marry a man like this.

He's always running, looking, showing interest in the next woman he would see. He must be some kind of addict or something (just kidding) -- or maybe it's because he is obliged to do all these official things and cannot live a regular life with no cameras, so this constant roaming is a way for him to pass off steam or something...

That pic is hysterical (who knows what he's actually looking at -- it's his own business, but given our dear Albie's craving for women...);) :p

I guess we can't really tell what he's actually looking at.
I'm more interested in the guy walking in front of him. :D

I would love to see Albert married...what about that lady friend he was seen with at the Turin Olympics?

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
I would love to see Albert married...what about that lady friend he was seen with at the Turin Olympics?

"MII"
No one knows. Charlene Wittstock has disappeared and changed her phone number after her spectacular debut at the 2006 Turino Olympics where she and the prince cuddled and smooched in public. Only time will tell. I'm hoping whoever he marries is a more private person. Princess Grace brought glitz and glamour to Monaco but now it needs some peace and quiet. All the noise seems to have had a negative affect on Caro, Albert and Stephanie. I like the Liechtenstein model personally.

Laviollette said:
No one knows. Charlene Wittstock has disappeared and changed her phone number after her spectacular debut at the 2006 Turino Olympics where she and the prince cuddled and smooched in public. Only time will tell. I'm hoping whoever he marries is a more private person. Princess Grace brought glitz and glamour to Monaco but now it needs some peace and quiet. All the noise seems to have had a negative affect on Caro, Albert and Stephanie. I like the Liechtenstein model personally.

Should she not have known her actions would cause a stir? Did she not think talking to a magazine would not create some buzz around her? Could she be so naive?

Did she actually swim or do anything at the contest, or was she only there being seen w/PA?

Lillia said:
Should she not have known her actions would cause a stir? Did she not think talking to a magazine would not create some buzz around her? Could she be so naive?

Did she actually swim or do anything at the contest, or was she only there being seen w/PA?

She could not have been so naive...she absolutely knew what she was doing. She was more than aware of the photographers around her...and I think she was craving the attention. The question that begs to be answered is what was PA thinking?????????

No swimming at the Winter Games...she wasn't even with the South African delegation (if there was one). She was there to be with him...

pinklady1991 said:
She could not have been so naive...she absolutely knew what she was doing. She was more than aware of the photographers around her...and I think she was craving the attention. The question that begs to be answered is what was PA thinking?????????

No swimming at the Winter Games...she wasn't even with the South African delegation (if there was one). She was there to be with him...

So she knew what she was doing (at least had a vague idea), and he probably is so used to having the attention anyway that he couldn't have thought about anything because having the camera focused on himself is how he has learned to live his life, and he likes to be next to woman anyway...

sounds possible like she was trying to profit off his celebrity abit -- or build a fence around him (maybe)...

Wow. Do you think she would be calculating a little? Sounds crazy to me.

And the idea that Albert would be so calculating is awful, but I would not put it past him. totally inconsiderate, if true. but then, he may well have an idea that other people (women especially) are for his own use and amusement, given his station in life...

Who knows -- I'm just speculating, that's all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom