A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
enchantednights said:
we both know that is not going to happen. he has been preparing for this his whole life and is so capable yet he does not wish to marry at the moment and there is nothing wrong with that, as long as he knows what he is doing with the country , which he does. he couldn't very well abdicate in favour of Caro because that would mean Ernst and her would have to give their HRHs up, and that also is not going to happen and I don't think Ernst would like being consort very much and Caro has not been training for this all her life and she could not abdicate in favour of Andrea because at the moment he is not ready, perhaps Albert is getting him ready. really, who knows? anyways i personally think albert will never get married. then we have Andrea, and I think with the proper training he will do a spectacular job. and this one will get married!
And when does Andrea start getting this training? He's 21 years old and has not gone to college, has not served in the military and has lived most of his life outside of MC. It's just more signs of irresponsibility among PG and PR's children who seem to not appreciate what their parents gave them and especially the dignity that they tried to bring to MC. You are right when you say that Andrea is not ready - and whose fault is that?

Laviollette said:
And when does Andrea start getting this training? He's 21 years old and has not gone to college, has not served in the military and has lived most of his life outside of MC. It's just more signs of irresponsibility among PG and PR's children who seem to not appreciate what their parents gave them and especially the dignity that they tried to bring to MC. You are right when you say that Andrea is not ready - and whose fault is that?

frankly, i wouldn't judge by the pictures i see in magazines. see=sell. maybe andrea and albert have already begun this but unless they personally come on here and tell us we won't know, we really don't know anything else other than what we see and read about them and i think that is not enough to judge them. it's just not fair to judge them. i have always thought the army is just not necessary, especially for monaco being such a small country. andrea could very well be going to la sorbonne but france has so many breaks that he maybe likes to go to all these different places, and hey if i had the means i would too. the fact is that we don't know what is going on but i wouldn't doubt if andrea has already begun this "training" for his future.

enchantednights said:
...maybe andrea and albert have already begun this but unless they personally come on here and tell us we won't know, we really don't know anything else other than what we see and read about them and i think that is not enough to judge them. it's just not fair to judge them. i have always thought the army is just not necessary, especially for monaco being such a small country. andrea could very well be going to la sorbonne but france has so many breaks that he maybe likes to go to all these different places, and hey if i had the means i would too. the fact is that we don't know what is going on but i wouldn't doubt if andrea has already begun this "training" for his future.
And this great faith you have in the fact that Andrea is being groomed to suceed Albert and all will be well is based on what? The past behavior of this bunch? That's a losing bet. Lifelong, irresponsible, scandalous behavior makes some of us not so optimistic.

Laviollette said:
And this great faith you have in the fact that Andrea is being groomed to suceed Albert and all will be well is based on what? The past behavior of this bunch? That's a losing bet. Lifelong, irresponsible, scandalous behavior makes some of us not so optimistic.

i have faith in him because i can see he is caring, i don't care what he does with his private life, same with albert, but i can see that the few times he has been in public acts that is now growing more as time passes, he has had an exemplary conduct and i can see him easily fit into his grandfather and uncles shoes. also remember no one thought rainier would ever amount to anything and that monaco would remain unknown and basically "out of the map".

Laviollette said:

I agree with you Laviollette! What would have happened if Albert was the only child of PR and PG? What would happen to Monaco then? Has Caroline been groomed to take over the reigns of Monaco? I always thought it was Albert and that Rainier groomed him. Andrea wasn't born to become the Prince of Monaco. I think that there is a difference between being born to a member of a royal family like Caroline and actually being the first-born and expecting to do your royal duty and fulfilling royal responsibility. Responsibility seems to be a key word with royalty. Has Andrea been instilled with the "royal duty" agenda? Does he even want it? I thought that was why Caroline didn't want her kids to have royal titles.

enchantednights said:
i have faith in him because i can see he is caring, i don't care what he does with his private life, same with albert, but i can see that the few times he has been in public acts that is now growing more as time passes, he has had an exemplary conduct and i can see him easily fit into his grandfather and uncles shoes. also remember no one thought rainier would ever amount to anything and that monaco would remain unknown and basically "out of the map".
I'm sure Andrea would be capable of running MC and I wasn't referring to him when I mentioned bad behavior. I was talking about Caroline, Albert and Stephanie. I know that Albert is doing a good job so far in Monaco and Caroline has been a great first lady but there has still been a lot of selfish and irresponsible behavior on their part. <Edited out conjecture/Mandy>
The fact is that there is no sign that Andrea is being prepared to be MC's monarch if Albert dies tomorrow or if something happens to Caroline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not really realize the strong opinions my thoughts about PA not getting married would produce....He could certainly still get married. Without a doubt he may have lots of very nice female friends who would make very nice companions. My point was just that if he's content, let him stay single. Getting married to someone who might create more problems than they sovle, is just a bad idea. P Charles got himself all caught up in the story line about marrying a virgin from the right blood line and it just brought him so much heart ache.... (not that I feel sorry for him)

I love that, lal, "Deo Juvante." What a wonderful motto. That was the name of Prince Ranier's yacht, right?

Yes, Deo Juvante II was the name of Rainier's yacht...

Um, things are getting a little heated here and slightly off topic... I think lal's response is perfect...only God knows for sure what will happen in the future, for Albert and for all of us.

Maybe we should go back to those traits we would like to see in a sovereign princess???

I have not read such strong opinions, accusations and assumptions concerning the Grimaldi family in a very long time. Thank goodness most of it is fiction and not facts. Maybe it would be a good idea to revert back to a lighter side of things. :)

lynda said:
I have not read such strong opinions, accusations and assumptions concerning the Grimaldi family in a very long time. Thank goodness most of it is fiction and not facts. Maybe it would be a good idea to revert back to a lighter side of things. :)
Albert isn't married and Andrea is not prepared to take over right now, today if he needed to. The family has not prepared him. Those are facts.

How do you know what is going on in Albert’s life and whether or not Andrea is being prepared for the future? Are you the Grimaldi’s sergeant of arms? Do you have the inside track of what is going on with this family? Most of us here are fans and we enjoy sharing pictures and little tidbits we pick up from here or there with each other. Now we can argue or we can move on to a lighter fare. It is your decision.

I get sick and tired of reading a bunch of acid laced comments about this family especially when they are not based on facts. We have been down this road before with the Nicole/Albert saga. There is nothing wrong with posting opinions but at least be objective. Some of the comments posted recently are offensive.

lynda said:
How do you know what is going on in Albert’s life and whether or not Andrea is being prepared for the future? Are you the Grimaldi’s sergeant of arms? Do you have the inside track of what is going on with this family? Most of us here are fans and we enjoy sharing pictures and little tidbits we pick up from here or there with each other. Now we can argue or we can move on to a lighter fare. It is your decision.

I get sick and tired of reading a bunch of acid laced comments about this family especially when they are not based on facts. We have been down this road before with the Nicole/Albert saga. There is nothing wrong with posting opinions but at least be objective. Some of the comments posted recently are offensive.

Avec l'aide de dieu !
Exactly !
If someone wants to continue the discussion on how Monaco's future will be with Albert, Caroline and Stephanie --> Thread

lynda said:

You are right. Nobody knows what goes on in Albert's very secretative life until someone like Nicole and her illegitimate son by PA come tumbling out of the closet. Maybe Andrea is being prepared or maybe Albert will get married. This really started when Albert again appeared in public with yet another young blonde on his arm who has now disappeared from view. It's his business what he does but some of us feel we have the right to comment on his behavior over the years instead of just heaping praise and understanding on a 47 year old man who in some peoples opinion does not live up to high enough standards for an heir of Rainier and now Albert II of Monaco.

And What if he does not marry? not everyone was born to married. Some people rather keep to themselves and not marry, life does not stop because you dont have a partner. He can do a good job as a Prince and when his time is up there will be a solution (Andrea) or the re-absorption of Monaco by France. This is a guy which by his own actions has shown again and again that marriage is not one of his priorities, either his is taking the fact that marriage is a serious issue o he does not care to be married. If he is meant to be married he will; on God's timing, nobody's elses.

I do believe that his parents marriage was a disaster and that will take the magic away of the idea of being married. Now add the fact there is a kid in the middle and you will see it gets complicated.

I think there's something a lot of you don't get: Even if Albert doesn't marry and wont have a ligitimate child this will doesn't mean the end of Monaco. Monaco is well run. it was well run by Rainier, it is currently well run by Albert. There's a lot of successful things going on in that country. People who are living there can't really complain. This doesn't all hang on private circumstances Albert is in.... sure it would be easier and nicer if her has a 'normal' family but the gouvernment works anyhow. When Albert gets older ( in a lot of years ) then there'll be an apropriate solution. So don't panic ;-)

I will tell you what bothers me: It's all of those who act as if they never do anything wrong, as if all their choices are right! If it comes to talk about Albert or Stephanie. They are always critizized for their choices. You attest them bad behaviour or no capacity of moral judgement. Did you ever think of the possibility that human beings make human mistakes or better that they act like humans which means that not every choice they make turns out to be the optimum but they do a lot of good stuff as well - they also make a lot of great choices which turn out to be successfull. I believe that Albert is convinced to make the best of the situation he is in. If he claims morallity as one of the most important issues in his country I don't see anything wrong with that. He means that in general. What should he be doing in your opinion? There aren't many possibilities. There are women claiming to have his children. One is his child, that's confirmed. I believe he was in love with Nicole but then maybe he realized that he was wrong after a while. This happens to everyone ( yes to Stephanie as well ). I know one thing my cousin told me: Stephanie for example accepts Eric Alexandre as her nephew, as much as Albert accepts him as his son, she's kind of sad about the situation that Eric isn't with his father - with the family, as is Albert, but there's obviously no other solution. The boy has a mother, and as for every child Stephanie and Albert ( don't know about Caro) see the importance for the kid to be with his mother - and so if Albert doesn't want to live with Nicole it has to be the way it is. In private Albert finds ways to be with his son. Albert didn't really choose this situation - oh yes I know you'd say he chose it willingly. No! He woul have wanted it differently, I'm sure! But the situation is how it is. It's not the best - and again yes you'd say he should have known better - but you see: He's not a machine. Things don't always go the way you want them to - and then you can just try to make the best of it! That's what they do here. It's easy for you/us sitting beheind your/our keyboards giveing wonderful inlighting comments ( again this is no personal offense - just my thoughts). Me for my part, I also try do go my road, do things the right way ... find a wife, have children, a job.. etc. But I can't control everything - things might come into my way unexpectedly. If one day I'll find girl, marry etc. and then for one or another reason it turns out to be the wrong choice then I know for sure I still tried to do my best - and yes people may say I could have known better. We all could know better - there's just no garantee ! If Albert wants to mary Charlene and everything will go the best way with them there's no garantee neither that it will work until the end - and only part of it would be under Albert's control, there's always a bit of risk there, isn't it?!
Same goes for Stephanie - not everything what happens/d his her fault only - things happen. They're princely/royal but they're not god!

Last edited:
Have any of our European friends seen a copy of this week's Paris Match? CW is on the cover -- exclusive interview in South Africa prior to the end of the Olympics. What did the article say?

Exclusive interview, Paris Match...haven't these people learned their lesson or does she have PA's blessing to start talking.

pinklady1991 said:
Have any of our European friends seen a copy of this week's Paris Match? CW is on the cover -- exclusive interview in South Africa prior to the end of the Olympics. What did the article say?

Exclusive interview, Paris Match...haven't these people learned their lesson or does she have PA's blessing to start talking.
She is truly starting to annoy me!!!

I'll try to look for this copy and scan it but someone from Europe will probably find sooner...

Tamar:mad:

tamarindi said:
She is truly starting to annoy me!!!

I'll try to look for this copy and scan it but someone from Europe will probably find sooner...

Tamar:mad:

Another reason why she is probably not "the one." No discretion!

Well, no clue about the interview but I have seen the cover and taken a peek at some other pics. She is not lacking in the looks department but I really just want to brush her hair and help her find some mascara.

Three more pics of Charlene - Olycom

qnmxvl.jpg
qnmxw7.jpg
qnmxwx.jpg

Does anyone have a traslation on her Paris Match interview?

Apparently, I have read, PA is planning a safari in Charlene's country in the spring. Could be rumour but that's what i've read.

BurberryBrit said:
Another reason why she is probably not "the one." No discretion!

Exactly - has Ernst, Felix, Tatiana even given an interview about Caro, Char, or Andrea?! No, of course not. They love and respect their partner, and choose to ignore the invasive cameras, etc. CW seems to always "find" the camera - almost as if she's deliberatly smiling as the shot is being taken. It looks as if she's planned it, no one is that perfect at always find the perfect camera angle and shot - she seems phony and in it for the publicity.

Horseygal said:
Exactly - has Ernst, Felix, Tatiana even given an interview about Caro, Char, or Andrea?! No, of course not. They love and respect their partner, and choose to ignore the invasive cameras, etc. CW seems to always "find" the camera - almost as if she's deliberatly smiling as the shot is being taken. It looks as if she's planned it, no one is that perfect at always find the perfect camera angle and shot - she seems phony and in it for the publicity.

OK...I've caught up on my reading. Still can't get the most recent issues of Paris Match but this is what I found out. The first issue of Point de Vue did nothing but rehash the interview that Charlene gave back in '01...

The second it seemed tried to make a point of comparing her to Grace (juxtapositioning similar photos) as well as reporting on exactly what CW & PA did in Torino. A lot of people were quoted as saying they were absolutely besotted with each other. He was introducing her around to friends some rather high profile (I assume he did the same with NC and other gf's), they found out exactly what suite they stayed in, and reported that she left for home the morning of Feb. 16th. After the "lovers" quote to the press, PdeV reported that they purposely kept a low profile. IMO, the article hinted that she was being a little too high profile which precipitated her going home. Upon her return, she informed friends and family to say nothing, got herself a press agent (another former swimmer), and changed her phone number which supposedly indicates how much "South Africans value thier privacy." PdeV also gave a little bit on her life in South Africa: CW lives in a heavily gated, exclusive community which makes sense given the extraordinarily high crime rate in South Africa. I still don't know how she earns a living unless it's modeling in SA. She reportedly starts training for the '08 Games in September '06...I'm not sure if I had that translation correct but that seems weird to me. Then again, I know little or nothing about swimming. It also traced her dating life with various swimmers, etc. This article mentioned the safari in South Africa and wondered aloud if CW would join him. (Sounds like a private vacation which I doubt would be on any official schedule.)

The Italian magazine Oggi basically rehashed a lot of PdeV stuff but there was one or two interesting observations. First, it said that photographers remember seeing them together at a tennis tournament in Paris in February '05 but it seemed to be platonic. It also reported that she will be at the Rose Ball on March 25th. (Disclaimer here: I may or may not have translated the tense wrong so forgive me if I made an error.) The other interesting point (which I believe is just Italian pragmatism) was the tracing of PA's dating history. Nothing that strange there, but I thought it was interesting the way it subtly noted how physically different Albert's gf's were...with perhaps the exception of Alicia Warlick & CW. It also noted that this kind of buzzing was going on while he was dating Alicia and then (loosely translated) no one knows what happened.

I know this is getting too long, but I drew a couple of conclusions that I'd like to throw out there for comment. In light of the new "exclusive" article in Paris Match, I think PA & CW's PR machines are working in conjunction to try to put some sort of spin on the story that they control. Does anyone have any thoughts on CW's going back to training in September? I also still can't quite get a grasp on how long they have been an "item." He was denying he was dating anyone last fall (maybe to keep it private?) but where was she on the two most important days of his life (July 12 & Nov 19) if this is so serious? Maybe to keep the focus on PA? It doesn't surprise me that he was able to keep it so quiet.

Her "training" for the '08 Olympics could just be them trying to throw the press off. Also, maybe he's trying to slowly introduce her in small steps leading up to the big one - a wedding. And her sudden silence to the press by changing her phone number and all seems like she is being advised by PA's people on how to handle herself and the media.

CW seems to always "find" the camera - almost as if she's deliberatly smiling as the shot is being taken. It looks as if she's planned it, no one is that perfect at always find the perfect camera angle and shot - she seems phony and in it for the publicity
i have notice that too, but she is young and maybe its a real love match or maybe she is at the nice age to have children or maybe she is young enough to control her thinking and will be easy to tell he what to do whatever the reason , i'm sure we'll find out soon enough

semisquare said:
i have notice that too, but she is young and maybe its a real love match or maybe she is at the nice age to have children or maybe she is young enough to control her thinking and will be easy to tell he what to do whatever the reason , i'm sure we'll find out soon enough

I just can't get my head wrapped around this one. :confused: First it seems like they're taunting the press into following the relationship and then they back away from it. Could be part of a plan...although I would have thought if this were serious all PR people involved would have coached her first. I hope it is a real love match on both sides and not just fulfilling an obligation and fantasy.

pinklady1991 said:
I just can't get my head wrapped around this one. :confused: First it seems like they're taunting the press into following the relationship and then they back away from it. Could be part of a plan...although I would have thought if this were serious all PR people involved would have coached her first. I hope it is a real love match on both sides and not just fulfilling an obligation and fantasy.
All of this does seem a little strange. I really think he just doesn't want to get married and is not going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom