The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Nobility

It would be beautiful if he did end up with a true and enduring love story. Thank you LadyMacAlpine for responding. :)

Old 01-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
It would be beautiful if he did end up with a true and enduring love story. Thank you LadyMacAlpine for responding. :)
You're welcome and yes it would be beautiful.

Old 01-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Please stay on topic and have personal conversations through PMs.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
Yes, without quesiton he will be. You don't wait most of your life for love then to screw it up to visit foreign ports.
Well, he has surely been looking a while and I am sure that he would start out with the best intentions, but old habbits die hard and no matter how much you might love each other when you marry, daily life can do a lot of harm to any relation and being under constant scrutiny does not make it any easier. So waiting for Ms Perfect to come around and then to live with her, are two different things. I wish him the best of luck, but there is never a 100% guarantee for happiness.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

The music is almost the "same procedure as every year", although this year there will be 3 soloists singing, 2 of them excellent, the 3rd has a good voice, but unfortunetely it doesn't carry, so the other 2 basically "drown" him, without being able to do anything about it. The boy (Alex) who sang the solo last time will be one of them (he has such a brilliant voice considering his age and training and an incredible interpretation too, I hope PA will help and encourage him to consider music his profession)
Old 01-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Courtier

My only hope is that PA doesn't decide that "it's time to get married" and do what many of my male friends did and got married b/c they hit a certain age or felt that it was the next item on their to do. :( This attitude cost one a lot of happiness in his current situation and another a lot of money in the divorce settlement.

Also re: would he be faithful...I don't know...I'd like to think that he had a solid example of a faithful marriage from his parents and follows what he had been taught. But I agree with paca sometimes habits are hard to break, vow in front of God not withstanding.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Isn't that alleged statement rather telling. I wouldn't let it upset you, however, he seems to say anything to try to deflect the focus from himself regarding relationships. There is something very suspect about him and his opinion toward women. Princess Grace was intelligent, and seemed to be a sweet, loving wife and mother. I could see if she had been an absentee partner/parent, dispicable toward the children and Prince Rainier - if that were the case (which we know it wasn't) why he might have formulated such a low opinion of women. I think there is something much more sinister as to why he claims he cannot find "the one," whether she is young, the same age as him, older....he can throw out all the excuses he wants, there is a real problem there. I just find it hard to take him seriously on this topic, and I bet I'm not alone.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
Isn't that alleged statement rather telling. I wouldn't let it upset you, however, he seems to say anything to try to deflect the focus from himself regarding relationships. There is something very suspect about him and his opinion toward women. Princess Grace was intelligent, and seemed to be a sweet, loving wife and mother. I could see if she had been an absentee partner/parent, dispicable toward the children and Prince Rainier - if that were the case (which we know it wasn't) why he might have formulated such a low opinion of women. I think there is something much more sinister as to why he claims he cannot find "the one," whether she is young, the same age as him, older....he can throw out all the excuses he wants, there is a real problem there. I just find it hard to take him seriously on this topic, and I bet I'm not alone.
You are correct in using the word alleged it was a quote and I didn't hear it. It didn't upset me. Don't forget Princess Grace was in Paris with the girls. Albert was in Monaco with his father going to school. You forget a source has said Grace had to ask Rainier to see Albert when he was little. They didn't have a normal healthy upbringing as children should. No child of a Royal does.

Albert's day will consist of getting up off to his office taking care of things like a city mayor would only more demanding. Lunch with the wife, hello to the children when small and back at it. Dinner might be at home but could likely be off somewhere with the wife to a function. A normal marriage has its problems but being married to him will have more. It will take a special type of woman to deal with it. Go in with your eyes wide open with padding and boxing gloves on and take the punches as they come.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal
Horseygal, do you think by PA's deflecting the focus away from him it may be a defensive tactic to keep his private life as private as possible? Perhaps he knows exactly what he wants but hopes to keep those criteria quiet so as to avoid women molding themselves into something they aren't? Perhaps this is a naive way of looking at things, but do you think it's a possibility? Another reason, could be he doesn't know what he wants exactly enough to verbalize it, but he'll know when he meets her?

As Lady M says in another post, marriage to a sovereign ruler isn't quite like what the average person experiences: it reminds me of a doctor or high-level politician but on a more intense level. I've heard the same thing that Rainier was in control of Albert's education, while the girls were Grace's domain. But keeping the Oedipal analysis out of the discussion (that's a thread in of itself), any spouse of a reigning monarch has to learn to juggle the needs of his/her spouse, the state, and his/her children above his/her own. Raised in that kind of environment could leave PA a pretty good judge of who is up to the job and who isn't. And in today's day and age, most people don't know how to truly put the needs of others above their own.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
...Also re: would he be faithful...I don't know...I'd like to think that he had a solid example of a faithful marriage from his parents and follows what he had been taught. But I agree with paca sometimes habits are hard to break, vow in front of God not withstanding.
IMHO, quite the contrary , Albert is afraid to repeat his parents marriage type and tries to avoid it delaying his own experience. Faithful...it's well known they weren't...Let's be perfectly honest, Grace and Ranier had exceptional and strong personalities, as parents they were loving and careful, but at the same time we should not forget that their intimate life was far from ideal from the beginning to the end, it wasn't peaceful and happy (may be only on magazine covers). Their union was sooner a firm companionship, and so I think Albert have some fears about future family relationship, they are hiden deeply inside and probably he even does not know what&who he needs exactly so that to create happy family...In this case Albert differs from Steph. She learns by her own mistakes fearlessly doing wrong steps and repeating them time and again while Albert prefers to remain as an observer :)
Old 01-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Commoner

He won't be getting married anytime soon, he's too old to not have committed to one person without a scary reason :o .
Old 01-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
IMHO, quite the contrary , Albert is afraid to repeat his parents marriage type and tries to avoid it delaying his own experience. Faithful...it's well known they weren't...Let's be perfectly honest, Grace and Ranier had exceptional and strong personalities, as parents they were loving and careful, but at the same time we should not forget that their intimate life was far from ideal from the beginning to the end, it wasn't peaceful and happy (may be only on magazine covers)... :)
When you say it was well know that "they" (meaning Princess Grace and Prince Rainier) were not "faithful", was it ever really proven that Princess Grace and Prince Rainier cheated on each other ? Or is that just speculation? I remember Larry King specifically addressing that issue to Prince Albert in an interview, and Prince Albert said his parents had their arguments like most couples do, but that there had been no infidelities. I thought (maybe I'm just naive), perhaps, that had addressed all of those rumors.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
When you say it was well know that "they" (meaning Princess Grace and Prince Rainier) were not "faithful", was it ever really proven that Princess Grace and Prince Rainier cheated on each other ? Or is that just speculation? I remember Larry King specifically addressing that issue to Prince Albert in an interview, and Prince Albert said his parents had their arguments like most couples do, but that there had been no infidelities. I thought (maybe I'm just naive), perhaps, that had addressed all of those rumors.
Whether they cheated on each other or not, I think that is not so important (and I wouldn't take their childrens word for it, because children - no matter what age - do not like to discuss their parents sexlife). Most don't even like to admit that their parents ever had one, even though they know perfectly well that at least once in their lives they must have had sex with one another (unless of course immaculate conception is the rule in human procreation, but I guess I missed that lesson in school ). What is known though is that they were seperated for a while (Grace living in Paris with her daughters) and apparently they were discussing divorce. Who knows what would have happened if she had lived. But a good indication for her thoughts of her own marriage is IMO the fact that she encouraged Caro to divorce, rather then to resolve and endure (which is would she was prepared to do, seeing that she was catholic). Mothers often encourage their daughters to go ahead, where they themselves lacked the courage or just couldn't go ahead with it due to their own upbringing and believes and the time they were living in.

But the marriage between Grace and Rainier was much less of a fairytale then most people think and the media and the family themselves would like to make the public believe. One should not forget that a lot of tourists are attracted to Monaco as the country where fairytales do come true. To say that their marriage was just as good or bad as the average marriage, would not attract millions of tourists to come here every year. You always have to remember, that once you wipe away the gloss, all you see are two human beings who got married and had children and all the problems that are involved with it.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Horseygal, do you think by PA's deflecting the focus away from him it may be a defensive tactic to keep his private life as private as possible? Perhaps he knows exactly what he wants but hopes to keep those criteria quiet so as to avoid women molding themselves into something they aren't? Perhaps this is a naive way of looking at things, but do you think it's a possibility? Another reason, could be he doesn't know what he wants exactly enough to verbalize it, but he'll know when he meets her?

As Lady M says in another post, marriage to a sovereign ruler isn't quite like what the average person experiences: it reminds me of a doctor or high-level politician but on a more intense level. I've heard the same thing that Rainier was in control of Albert's education, while the girls were Grace's domain. But keeping the Oedipal analysis out of the discussion (that's a thread in of itself), any spouse of a reigning monarch has to learn to juggle the needs of his/her spouse, the state, and his/her children above his/her own. Raised in that kind of environment could leave PA a pretty good judge of who is up to the job and who isn't. And in today's day and age, most people don't know how to truly put the needs of others above their own.
Almost anything is "possible" within reason -but, then, why have children out of wedlock.....that COMPLICATES things even more!!! If you're looking for "the one" you don't want to have to explain that you have a few bastards running around, or future claims by women about their children. He doesn't seem to be going about this the right way - rather, like someone creating reasons to not to commit (maybe he's thinking no one will want him at his age, with illegitimate children).
Old 01-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
Of course if you are the kind of woman who needs a lot of attention, that will be hard, but if you are independent and know how to occupy yourself in the times when he is otherwise busy...Basically it takes very low maintenance women for this.
Lots of posts tonight...busy day at the office so bear with me folks...thanks in advance for your patience. :)

Of course, anyone serving as PA's wife will have her own agenda of obligations and duties for various charities and the family. So it's not like she's at home waiting around for him.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

I noticed that Tasha de Vasconcelos is back in the picture!!! She is sitting in a prominent position (Same row-couple seats away from PA) in the new circus pictures!!!
I think they could be back together! She is beautiful...
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
I noticed that Tasha de Vasconcelos is back in the picture!!! She is sitting in a prominent position (Same row-couple seats away from PA) in the new circus pictures!!!
I think they could be back together! She is beautiful...
They would make a lovely couple.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
They would make a lovely couple.
She is the one I said was the prettiest he dated. She didn't say anything bad about him to the press only good things. Last I heard she lived in Monaco.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

Not permanently, but she has anppartment here. Andakea cab to go shoping.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
She is the one I said was the prettiest he dated. She didn't say anything bad about him to the press only good things. Last I heard she lived in Monaco.
Even after they broke up ,she was kind in her comments about him.She praised him when asked to comment about his enthronement.
A few months back, she was interviewed saying she wanted children in her future, but lacked a boyfriend--- maybe he read that article.....