The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO, if Albert reached the age of 47... still single.... means that he is not interested to marry......
Either because he has other kind of preferences, or because he just loves someone not adequat for this role, he is just sincere. I prefer this behavior, that this of Prince Charles 25 years ago, he loved one woman and he marry another, ... we all know what happened ......
Albert is clear in his mind, he does not want to commit hypocritical compromises. He is young enough to rule Monaco for the next 40-50 years, and his succession in also ensured, Caroline has 2 boys and Stephanie 1. even if the sexist succession rule pertain.
And in 40 years, who knows.... mentalities will have change enough, we may see Charlotte herself or Alexandre (NC son) ruling Monaco.
Who could imagine 20 years ago, that the very catholic King of Spain will marry his son with a non aristocratic divorced woman?? And look what happened in the throne of Norway!
And that the Prince of Wales will divorce and marry a divorced mother???
Lets' wait and see in 40 years.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

Albert and Miss Germany

I have completely lost all my interest in the prince. You can have him all to yourselves. If he is interested in a child woman in a dress, he is not classy enough for me.

Do you know that she arrived at the Grace award with another gentlement who she was sweet enough to let hold her and kiss her on the cheek the whole evening. But as night came she left him for the prince.

They suit each other perfectly. What a happy couple. She is even shopping for a wedding dress.

May they live "happily" ever after.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent woman
What are yours criteria of Prince Albert future wife and future first lady of Monaco?
I just don't think Albert should marry. He seems very irresponsible with siring children out of wedlock-then denying them. A woman in California sued Albert for Paternity but the laws in California couldn't touch him or something. And that woman's child is 12 I think. I forget, I'll try to find the articles I've read online. Here is one from ABC News:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/wireStory?id=929640

Here is another from AP news:

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...636494021.html

I don't know how a 47 year old man could say he wa 'set up for fatherhood'. The woman didn't get pregnant by herself and I think a prince can afford condoms and such.

The Principality should pass on to the next heir when Albert is gone-

now what is Monaco's line of succession? I know they changed the law-I think so that the Princesses Caroline and Stephanie could follow and I think by law 'illegitimate' issue cannot succeed which leaves out Albert's children by at least a couple of women according to the gossip that has been flying around. And according the Albert's own near admission that he has more children out there-somewhere.

I just think that Prince Albert should feel no pressure to marry just to marry or to sire 'legitimate' heirs. That is a very bad reason to marry.

Imo btw I don't believe in illegitimate children. Only illegitimate parents.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Since Nicole Kidman is a divorcee, in order for her and Prince Albert to properly marry in the Catholic Church, Nicole Kidman would first have to petition and then receive an anullment from the Vatican. I think the thought of marrying a divorcee might turn off some of the "older/old school" Monagasques about their Prince. Nothing against Nicole Kidman, mind you, but just trying to look at this realistically.
Did Nicole marry Tom Cruise with Roman Catholic rites? If she had a civil marriage with Tom then she would not require an annulment from the Catholic Church. That is the reason the divorced Leticia Ortiz was allowed to marry Prince Felipe of Asturias in a Catholic ceremony. She had a civil marriage with her first husband. Also the Catholic Church recognizes some marriages outside of the Church as legitimate. Anglican marriages for example, and Orthodox Christian I believe. For those an annulment is necessary. I think the Church does not recognize the Mormon marriage.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I have completely lost all my interest in the prince. You can have him all to yourselves. If he is interested in a child woman in a dress, he is not classy enough for me.

Do you know that she arrived at the Grace award with another gentlement who she was sweet enough to let hold her and kiss her on the cheek the whole evening. But as night came she left him for the prince.

They suit each other perfectly. What a happy couple. She is even shopping for a wedding dress.

You would have lost your interest much sooner if you had seen some of the Italian "ladies" our Prince has dated, for some time even: apparently he likes long legs ad no brain...I hope he if decides to marry he choses better or Monaco is in great troubles!

Kisses
Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

I think he needs to shock everyone and find an unknown bride like Mary of Denmark.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I think he needs to shock everyone and find an unknown bride like Mary of Denmark.
The thing is that I believe all the Princes of the world have met all the Princesses at some points in their lives-through Debutante balls for example. I'm sure at times their parents have tried to 'set them up' on blind dates to see if they were compatible. The can't force most to marry these days except in some religions like the Muslims. Well force or 'arrange' marriages. I read something on the Prince Of Asturias who apparently had met all the Princesses at one point or another and they just had nothing in common. If tall ladies with long legs is Albert's taste that is not really a bad thing. Tall girls need love too and they don't all lack brains. But his prospective consort should demonstrate some level of class, and taste and hopefully not have a bad reputation such as for adultery or scandalous affairs. It just reflects badly on Royalty or a Principality.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:42 AM
Nobility

I think albert needs to marry someone whose intelligent, smart. She would have to be well educated and VERY self-confident and assured in herself. Preferably someone with no 'past' (not that this matters). Definitely someone in their 30's anyone younger would be too young for Albert.

Nicole Kidman is a good idea but i don't see her giving up her Hollyweird career for him. But still she is nearly 40 and everyone knows that in Hollyweird when an actress turns 40 its over! So i guess she'll be looking for another career - perhaps?

Also Alberts wife would have to live with the constant shadow and comparison of PG, she'll be a hard act to follow. His wife will also have to deal with his two sisters. PC i hear can be a little 'formal', PS would be the one who'll be easier to get along with. I don't think she takes herself as seriously.

Just because PA hasn't married yet doesn't mean he won't, i guess he's still waiting for the right women. However being Royal does come with certain responisbilities and duties. PA is under pressure to produce an heir - he hasn't done so yet. Not a legitimate one. I don't see him legitimizing Alexandre because i think the relationship between him and Nicole Costa? ( is that her name?) is probably very frosty at the moment.

I wish him luck in finding a bride because he's going to need it!!!! I hope he doesn't do a Prince Charles and marry a woman he's not that passionate about - just to cave into pressure.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:50 AM
Nobility

Thought i would have some fun here and post some 'possible' candidates for PA. All these women are famous, beautiful and highly intelligent. But i doubt PA will marry any of them. But like i said i'm just having fun here...

Aishwarya Rai (image Corbis)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aishwarya_rai

Aishwarya Rai (Kannada: ಐಶ್ವರ್ಯಾ ರೈ, Hindi: ऐश्वर्या राय; born on November 1, 1973; Ash for fans and media) is an actress from India. She is currently regarded as one of the biggest names in Bollywood.
[edit]

Early life

Aishwarya was born in Mangalore to Krishnaraj and Vrinda Rai, in the South Indian state of Karnataka. She is a Miss World beauty contest winner, a professional model, and an actress in Bollywood and Hollywood films.
Rai has appeared as a model in many Indian fashion magazines, including the Indian Vogue; she is currently featured in international ads for L'Oréal Paris, De Beers Diamonds, and Coca-Cola.
She was first-runner up in the 1994 Miss India Contest.....

Gong Li (Image Profimedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gong_Li

Gong Li (Simplified Chinese: 巩俐; Traditional Chinese: 鞏俐; pinyin: Gǒng L&#236 (born December 31, 1965) is a Chinese film actress. Gong is her surname. In addition to her perfomances, Gong Li is also famed for having an especially noticeable appearance, which was repeatedly made reference to in The Emperor and the Assassin. She has been featured in People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" article, and is an ambassador for L'Oreal cosmetics.

[edit]

Career

Born in Shenyang, Liaoning, China, she has appeared in most films directed by Zhang Yimou up till 1995. She grew up in Jinan, the capital of Shandong Province. In 1985, she enrolled in the Central Academy of Drama to study acting, and graduated in 1989. She was still a student there when Zhang Yimou chose her in 1987 for the lead role in...
Old 11-12-2005, 03:57 AM
Nobility

Zhang Ziyi (Image Profimedia and google)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Ziyi

This is a Chinese name; the family name is Zhang. Zhang Ziyi (Chinese: 章子怡; pinyin: Zhāng Zǐyí) (born February 9, 1979) is a Chinese actress. The characters of her name can be literally translated as Zhāng (a surname, not to be confused with the more common Zhāng 张), Zǐ (child), and Yí (happiness).
Born in Beijing in the People's Republic of China, Zhang joined the Beijing Dance Academy at the age of 11, and at 15 she entered China's prestigious Central Academy of Drama. At the age of 19, she was offered her first role in world renowned director....

Karolina Kurkova (Image Profimedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karolina_Kurkova

Karolina Kurkova (b. February 28, 1984 in Děčín, Czech Republic) is a supermodel.
Karolina Kurkova had an early insight into what celebrity life would be like, as her father Josef Kurka was a star basketball player. As a child, her height made her relatively awkward and gangly, but that would all change...
Old 11-12-2005, 04:05 AM
Nobility

Isabelle Adjani (image Newscom - couldn't find a nice pic of her in any of the agencies!!!! But she's so beautiful!!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_Adjani

Isabelle Yasmine Adjani (born June 27, 1955) is one of France's best known actresses. Multilingual, she performs in her native French language, English and German.
Adjani was born in Gennevilliers, Hauts-de-Seine to an Algerian-Turkish father and a German mother. She was drawn to acting at a young age, playing in amateur theater by the age of twelve. As a fourteen-year-old...

AND THE WINNER IS...

Ines Sastre (Sometime model and actress - highly intelligent read her bio taken from a fan website http://foversta.free.fr)

Image Profimedia

http://foversta.free.fr/bio.html

Born in Valladolid (and not in Madrid) the 21st of November 1973, Inés was quickly registered in a bilingual school (french-spanish). It's the reason why she speaks french fluently (but she also speaks perfectly italian and english).

One day, when she was 12, she went with a friend to a casting for a fast-food commercial. She was selected and thanks to this commercial, Carlos Saura noticed her and chose her to play in "El dorado" with Lambert Wilson (1987).

Then, in 1989, she won the Elite supermodel...

(Ines is not too young for Albert. Now i know i've said he should marry someone in their 30's and that by posting some of these profiles i've contradicted myself. But like i said to begin with this is just for fun!!! Ines for me is the winner. She would make a beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent and sophisticated Bride. Being a model she wouldn't mind giving up her career for Albert either. At least i don't think so!!!)
Old 11-12-2005, 06:29 AM
Courtier

What I meant is not that beautiful women don't have brains (I think in Albert's family there are some good examples of gorgeous smart women...) but I have heard many many interviews or tv appearences of the "ladies" he dated (not only for a one night stand) and I was stunned by how dumb they are, in my opinion they are embarassing; if that's what he still likes Monaco will have a not so smart bimbo for a Princess and that's not the best thing for a Country...I still have some faith that for a wife Albert will choose better though, and will find a Mary Donaldson as someone suggested, beautiful and smart (well, I don't know much about her but she seems intelligent)!

Kisses
Old 11-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
You would have lost your interest much sooner if you had seen some of the Italian "ladies" our Prince has dated, for some time even: apparently he likes long legs ad no brain...I hope he if decides to marry he choses better or Monaco is in great troubles!

Kisses
Yeah, I agree: the like of Simona Tagli and Patrizia Pellegrino.
However I heard Simona speak on the Italian TV the other day, and she didn't sound stupid to me!
Old 11-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Tosca, maybe she had a very bright day, but I often have heard her interviews and she has said some of the dumbest things I have ever heard on tv...she just had a baby, maybe becoming a mother has improved her.

BTW, of course those you mentioned were the girl I was refering to...

Kisses
Old 11-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

Question

Quote:
Regarding Shermine Sharivar

Donna, Where did you learn this information? Is there a link to an article we can read? Thanks!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

The information was in Bunte the German magazine. The other gentleman payed for her room at some fancy hotel and probably for her dress also.

As I understood the article she travelled in the plane with PA and this other man, supposedly being the other man's companion but obviously constantly giving PA a look. PA is of course so stupid as to give in to every woman. He has no class what so ever.

I don't feel like translating the whole article. But the girl and PA met first at the red cross ball in August and according to the magazine he was smitten or however you would say it in english.

It is a stupid girl and a stupid man, hardly worth us discussing them.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Donna for giving the information from the Bunte article!!
It seems that PA is acting somewhat wild still ----dating a woman who is 25 years younger(Age 22).She is the age of his nephew.....
I think its amazing that she is already looking for wedding dresses.... I hope the wedding dress she chooses to wear in the cathedral is more modest than the others she has been seen in........I wonder what the other royal crowned heads of Europe think of him... Maybe they snicker behind his back, who knows?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Thank you Donna for giving the information from the Bunte article!!
It seems that PA is acting somewhat wild still ----dating a woman who is 25 years younger(Age 22).She is the age of his nephew.....
I think its amazing that she is already looking for wedding dresses.... I hope the wedding dress she chooses to wear in the cathedral is more modest than the others she has been seen in........I wonder what the other royal crowned heads of Europe think of him... Maybe they snicker behind his back, who knows?
She can buy as many wedding dresses as she likes but she won't be wearing any of them in the cathedral in Monaco, not marrying PA at least. He is not that into her. She was just a shallow fling. And the poor girl thinks she has a chance. How stupid can women be? Well, she is young. Maybe she will grow older and wiser someday.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She can buy as many wedding dresses as she likes but she won't be wearing any of them in the cathedral in Monaco, not marrying PA at least. He is not that into her. She was just a shallow fling. And the poor girl thinks she has a chance. How stupid can women be? Well, she is young. Maybe she will grow older and wiser someday.
I don't think she thinks she has a chance. She knows she doesn't, but it is convenient publicity for her to promote her other projects and have people talk about her. just as people did with Tasha what's her name (she -Tasha-looks btw way not like any of the pictures in real life - just starved and everything that goes with it). Instead of saying flat out that she (Sharmine) hardly knows the guy, has maybe spoken to him a couple of times, she acts as though there was more to it so a few more papers pick up on it. Instead she makes remarks about his position ad his character (which she can hardly judge after such a short time), that I find rather sickening. Why does everybody slobber all over themselves just when they talk about him? He is just a human being after all and should be seen as such. I see this happening all the time and not only with women, but also with men and people who think of him as a friend or as they would put it: it is not up to them to say that they are his friends but to him to say that they are. In my world friendship is sth mutual and if it is real both parties concerned will know about it. Personally I find this inwardly bowing down in front of the prince ad his family rather disgusting. This type of behaviour has nothing to do with respect. And it must be very awkward to live surrounded by people like that. When Sharmine talks about his important position etc. You can tell, that (even though she is supposed to be clever) she is completely blinded by all the glitter and the money around her and the nice clothes she is wearing. But she certainly doesn't know the man behind all this. And I am quite sure PA knows that and knows that this is the case with most women around him. And if he takes advantage of their stupidity, well that doesn't quite make him the man he would like to be according to what he stated in his first official speech, but there are few men who would refuse a woman that offers herself. IMO Besides: old habbits die hard:)
Old 11-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Click on page 5 of this thread to see why Nicole Kidman would be a good candidate:)