A wife for Albert

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be getting married anytime soon, he's too old to not have committed to one person without a scary reason :eek: .

AquaMarine said:
IMHO, quite the contrary :cool:, Albert is afraid to repeat his parents marriage type and tries to avoid it delaying his own experience. Faithful...it's well known they weren't...Let's be perfectly honest, Grace and Ranier had exceptional and strong personalities, as parents they were loving and careful, but at the same time we should not forget that their intimate life was far from ideal from the beginning to the end, it wasn't peaceful and happy (may be only on magazine covers)... :)

When you say it was well know that "they" (meaning Princess Grace and Prince Rainier) were not "faithful", was it ever really proven that Princess Grace and Prince Rainier cheated on each other ? Or is that just speculation? I remember Larry King specifically addressing that issue to Prince Albert in an interview, and Prince Albert said his parents had their arguments like most couples do, but that there had been no infidelities. I thought (maybe I'm just naive), perhaps, that had addressed all of those rumors.

Last edited:
mw7060a said:
When you say it was well know that "they" (meaning Princess Grace and Prince Rainier) were not "faithful", was it ever really proven that Princess Grace and Prince Rainier cheated on each other ? Or is that just speculation? I remember Larry King specifically addressing that issue to Prince Albert in an interview, and Prince Albert said his parents had their arguments like most couples do, but that there had been no infidelities. I thought (maybe I'm just naive), perhaps, that had addressed all of those rumors.
Whether they cheated on each other or not, I think that is not so important (and I wouldn't take their childrens word for it, because children - no matter what age - do not like to discuss their parents sexlife). Most don't even like to admit that their parents ever had one, even though they know perfectly well that at least once in their lives they must have had sex with one another (unless of course immaculate conception is the rule in human procreation, but I guess I missed that lesson in school:D ). What is known though is that they were seperated for a while (Grace living in Paris with her daughters) and apparently they were discussing divorce. Who knows what would have happened if she had lived. But a good indication for her thoughts of her own marriage is IMO the fact that she encouraged Caro to divorce, rather then to resolve and endure (which is would she was prepared to do, seeing that she was catholic). Mothers often encourage their daughters to go ahead, where they themselves lacked the courage or just couldn't go ahead with it due to their own upbringing and believes and the time they were living in.

But the marriage between Grace and Rainier was much less of a fairytale then most people think and the media and the family themselves would like to make the public believe. One should not forget that a lot of tourists are attracted to Monaco as the country where fairytales do come true. To say that their marriage was just as good or bad as the average marriage, would not attract millions of tourists to come here every year. You always have to remember, that once you wipe away the gloss, all you see are two human beings who got married and had children and all the problems that are involved with it.

pinklady1991 said:
Horseygal, do you think by PA's deflecting the focus away from him it may be a defensive tactic to keep his private life as private as possible? Perhaps he knows exactly what he wants but hopes to keep those criteria quiet so as to avoid women molding themselves into something they aren't? Perhaps this is a naive way of looking at things, but do you think it's a possibility? Another reason, could be he doesn't know what he wants exactly enough to verbalize it, but he'll know when he meets her?

As Lady M says in another post, marriage to a sovereign ruler isn't quite like what the average person experiences: it reminds me of a doctor or high-level politician but on a more intense level. I've heard the same thing that Rainier was in control of Albert's education, while the girls were Grace's domain. But keeping the Oedipal analysis out of the discussion (that's a thread in of itself), any spouse of a reigning monarch has to learn to juggle the needs of his/her spouse, the state, and his/her children above his/her own. Raised in that kind of environment could leave PA a pretty good judge of who is up to the job and who isn't. And in today's day and age, most people don't know how to truly put the needs of others above their own.

Almost anything is "possible" within reason -but, then, why have children out of wedlock.....that COMPLICATES things even more!!! If you're looking for "the one" you don't want to have to explain that you have a few bastards running around, or future claims by women about their children. He doesn't seem to be going about this the right way - rather, like someone creating reasons to not to commit (maybe he's thinking no one will want him at his age, with illegitimate children).

paca said:
Of course if you are the kind of woman who needs a lot of attention, that will be hard, but if you are independent and know how to occupy yourself in the times when he is otherwise busy...Basically it takes very low maintenance women for this.

Lots of posts tonight...busy day at the office so bear with me folks...thanks in advance for your patience. :)

Of course, anyone serving as PA's wife will have her own agenda of obligations and duties for various charities and the family. So it's not like she's at home waiting around for him.

I noticed that Tasha de Vasconcelos is back in the picture!!! She is sitting in a prominent position (Same row-couple seats away from PA) in the new circus pictures!!!
I think they could be back together! She is beautiful...

Last edited:
teense said:
I noticed that Tasha de Vasconcelos is back in the picture!!! She is sitting in a prominent position (Same row-couple seats away from PA) in the new circus pictures!!!
I think they could be back together! She is beautiful...

They would make a lovely couple.

Freedom said:
They would make a lovely couple.
She is the one I said was the prettiest he dated. She didn't say anything bad about him to the press only good things. Last I heard she lived in Monaco.

Not permanently, but she has anppartment here. Andakea cab to go shoping.:rolleyes:

LadyMacAlpine said:
She is the one I said was the prettiest he dated. She didn't say anything bad about him to the press only good things. Last I heard she lived in Monaco.
Even after they broke up ,she was kind in her comments about him.She praised him when asked to comment about his enthronement.
A few months back, she was interviewed saying she wanted children in her future, but lacked a boyfriend--- maybe he read that article.....:rolleyes:

why should she have said bad tings about him? The publicity boosted her carreer and if she wanted to continue to live here, not talk or o say nice things was her only option. Especially if she wanted to continue to attend high profile events here, which she needs to be photographed at to help her carreer. I don't call that class, I call that smart. Claudia Schiffer did exactly the same when the press spread rumours about her and PA and she still lived here.

Paca,
Does Tasha attend these types of events frequently with PA-- is this nothing to get excited about regarding a future wife ....?:confused:
Or is this a way of publicly stating to everyone that she is back in the fold?:rolleyes:

Horseygal said:
Almost anything is "possible" within reason -but, then, why have children out of wedlock.....that COMPLICATES things even more!!! If you're looking for "the one" you don't want to have to explain that you have a few bastards running around, or future claims by women about their children. He doesn't seem to be going about this the right way - rather, like someone creating reasons to not to commit (maybe he's thinking no one will want him at his age, with illegitimate children).

We all have baggage, just that some have more than most. And besides, he didn't intentionally have a child with NC. There are probably 1,001 reasons why he hasn't married that really are not that apparent to the public. Mostly I think it has a lot to do with his judgment of who can and is willing to do the job.

Horseygal said:
Well, you just said it - her "career" is on the slump, and she needs some publicity....expensive cab ride!!! Also, what is her supposed "career??"

I think we're all jumping to conclusions here...no one knows if they are dating again just b/c she was seen in a few photos. And remember PA was dating her, Alicia Warlick and a host of others when in the relationship wit NC. Could mean something; could mean nothing. Could be that she is posing as a "camera ready" date. Paca, I guess this means you'll have to scout around to see if she's at the St. Devote Mass on the 27th. (That is the feast day, correct?)

I have to agree with paca she does suddenly turn up when her modeling/acting career needs a boost. She'll never be starving but the behavior that paca describes does make her sound a bit self-important. Obviously the high maintenance woman that we all believe would be the worst choice for princess. It also doesn't sound like she'd be very content for very long living in someone else's shadow.

She is stunning in the photos I've seen so I can't judge her on her everyday look and if she can make him happy...hey, more power to her.

For those who mentioned Paris Hilton with Albert according to the charts
Human rating: 12.9 / 20

Emotional rating: 15.0 / 20
Physical rating: 12.2 / 20
Communication rating: 14.8 / 20
Durability rating: 12.9 / 20
[Balanced global rating: 2 925,87]

She beats out Nicole Kidman with [Balanced global rating: 2 352,68]

His best match is Monica Bellucci
Human rating: 17.7 / 20

Emotional rating: 18.9 / 20
Physical rating: 19.8 / 20
Communication rating: 19.3 / 20
Durability rating: 15.7 / 20
[Balanced global rating: 4 026,23]

He an Naomi Campbell didn't do to hot

Human rating: 6.5 / 20
Emotional rating: 6.1 / 20
Physical rating: 6.7 / 20
Communication rating: 7.5 / 20
Durability rating: 9.5 / 20
[Balanced global rating: 1 424,33]

Last edited by a moderator:
pinklady1991 said:
We all have baggage, just that some have more than most. And besides, he didn't intentionally have a child with NC. There are probably 1,001 reasons why he hasn't married that really are not that apparent to the public. Mostly I think it has a lot to do with his judgment of who can and is willing to do the job.

One of those 1001 reasons is evident...it's on the surface...Many men and women in their thirties-fortieth do not want marriage because they are so afraid of making a mistake...may be the main mistake in their life. They are confused about what kind of person they want - and the men are even more confused! :eek: Such doubts and uncertainy about corectness of the every more or less important step are usually absent or blurred when you are twenty...
Second reason its' a habit of living alone when you are responsible only for your own life, do what you want, spend your evenings&nights as you want, feel yourself comfy and want nothing change...unwillingness and fear of changes is a dangerous habi...I know it from my own experience :) ...and understand Albert in respect of it very well ;)

Tasha looks like what my husband calls a "FAB"--- Far Away Beauty
She is still very attractive---but it sure makes a difference when the photo is not airbrushed...
Her skin does seem to have more wrinkles and eye bags than a 32 yr. old should have.......
<Removed personal comments/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, paca...those photos were quite remarkable. I thought Tasha was still in her 20's and in the photos from the previous posts she looked wonderful. The wonders of airbrushing. I thought she was billing herself as an "actress" these days. I'm glad for my good genes and that I don't look my age. Guess we can cross her off the list.

AquaMarine said:
One of those 1001 reasons is evident...it's on the surface...Many men and women in their thirties-fortieth do not want marriage because they are so afraid of making a mistake...may be the main mistake in their life. They are confused about what kind of person they want - and the men are even more confused! :eek: Such doubts and uncertainy about corectness of the every more or less important step are usually absent or blurred when you are twenty...

I wouldn't call it fear of making a mistake but in your 30's you have a few more mistakes under your belt and you can be quite specific about what you want and why. It's not really confusion. And I still maintain that there are a lot of people in these age groups who were really focused on their career so that relationships just didn't take center stage.

AquaMarine said:
Second reason its' a habit of living alone when you are responsible only for your own life, do what you want, spend your evenings&nights as you want, feel yourself comfy and want nothing change...unwillingness and fear of changes is a dangerous habi...I know it from my own experience :) ...and understand Albert in respect of it very well ;)

This, sadly, can be true. Also have to remember that PA had to run any potential spouses by his father for approval. Not that Rainier probably didn't want his son married, but they may have had more than a few differences in what a future Princess of Monaco should be.

paca said:
At fashion rocks, no one noticed she was there, since some other people took up all the limelight. I think PA was only doing her a favour out of friendship. Otherwise I think they might have posed together (as they did before) and she would have been his guest of honour. Instead, there were a few other women sitting between them.

Paca...do you think the circus organizers could have invited her to add to the "star quality" of the event and PA extended the invite to sit in his box out of courtesy? Just a thought...:confused:

pinklady1991 said:
Paca...do you think the circus organizers could have invited her to add to the "star quality" of the event and PA extended the invite to sit in his box out of courtesy? Just a thought...:confused:
No, the festival committee doesn't do this. They have other ways of accomadating particular guests. They are more associated with the friends of the circus. Besides all the seats in the boxes are for sale, except PAs, which is the only one that is always photographed ( there are several photographers seated right below, between the boxes and the arena). This is not an event were you see stars beside the event. The event is the circus and the stars are the artists. If you see VIPs, they are mostly there, because they are close friends of the family and adore the circus. Mostly you see French actors or directors who are also otherwise known for their circus passion. The circus festival has been created to support the circus and give them another plateau to present itself. I doubt that it was ever intended to attract those glamourous people to it. They would take away from the celebration of the circus rather then adding to it.

I do think that they have "reconnected". I"M sure PA feels foolish for "two timing" Tasha for Nicole and others......
Tasha has probably proved herself a true friend in times of need....
I think Tasha must have comforted him for what he has gone through in recent months. I think he could have made a quick phone call to get her the prime seat for the circus event.
IMO ,I think they are slowly beginning to date.

teense said:
I do think that they have "reconnected". I"M sure PA feels foolish for "two timing" Tasha for Nicole and others......
Tasha has probably proved herself a true friend in times of need....
I think Tasha must have comforted him for what he has gone through in recent months. I think he could have made a quick phone call to get her the prime seat for the circus event.
IMO ,I think they are slowly beginning to date.
He does not need to make a phonecall for her to join him in his box. I saw on MOnday how Robert Hossein joined him. He was later then PA and asked whether he could join him. He actually talked to Cl Fringant, who seemed surprised to see him and after a short exchange of words and a quick remark to PA, he was admitted. That shows you, that as a dear friend to the family, you can just come and see them without much fuss made about it. And he was seated right next to PA, not somewhere int he back or far away. If they were together, I'm sure they would have been seated together since tongues will wag whether she is next to him or 3 seats away. I think it is rather a statement that he is not sitting next to her.

paca said:
No, the festival committee doesn't do this. They have other ways of accomadating particular guests. They are more associated with the friends of the circus. Besides all the seats in the boxes are for sale, except PAs, which is the only one that is always photographed ( there are several photographers seated right below, between the boxes and the arena). This is not an event were you see stars beside the event. The event is the circus and the stars are the artists. If you see VIPs, they are mostly there, because they are close friends of the family and adore the circus. Mostly you see French actors or directors who are also otherwise known for their circus passion. The circus festival has been created to support the circus and give them another plateau to present itself. I doubt that it was ever intended to attract those glamourous people to it. They would take away from the celebration of the circus rather then adding to it.

That's right. Stephanie's friend Virginie is often sitting in that box with them too - there's no problem.

Paca,
I liked your story of meeting Cheryl Ladd. Its so interesting to think that when a movie was made of the life Princess Grace--They chose Cheryl Ladd to play her! She was wonderful in that role.... The movie was in 1983--but I saw it a while back on a cable channel.

paca said:
I think to live here, you have to have some extra skin to protect yourself. You need to be fairly tough. But once you know all the unwritten rules, I think you can be happy here. It is certainly easier elsewhere, especially since everyone is leading a sort of public life - VIP or not -, but if you like the area and find whatever else you're looking for in life, you can be just as happy here.

As always interesting points. With the kind of scrutiny that you describe, paca, it does make sense to me why PA is still single. He is attracted to and attractive to many pretty faces -- women who are used to being the center of attention and often lead very sheltered lives thanks to managers and stylists and the like. Many have fragile egos that perhaps would not be able to withstand that kind of treatment without the constant reassurance of a paid entourage. My assumption (whether true or false) is that to be princess you would not be praised as much as criticized even by those working for you. You would be expected to do a good job, to perform flawlessly, to think before you speak, put the needs of state, your spouse, your family above your own and if you falter for even a moment, a harsh reprimand would follow. I guess that is the price you pay for entrance into such a little piece of heaven; it sounds like the ultimate gilded cage.

I remember reading once that PA wanted someone who could share not only the work but the emotions of his job (whatever that means). And with his predeliction for supermodels that may or may not possess intellectual interests, finding an ideal woman may be hard. Sort of reminds me about why a very attractive, well off, genuinely nice gentleman I know is still single: he claims to be in search of a supermodel with a PhD who owns her own brewery. Tough order to fill.

paca said:
I wrote an answer to this mail before, but once again it got lost in cyberspace:D . So, sorry for not answering sooner.

Generally people, men and women alike, are very friendly. But that is very superficial and the glitzier the people, the more they talk behind your back. In general, if you live here, you have to live with the fact that everyone knows almost everything about you. So, if you want to have a secret affair, you're better off having it elsewhere. People see you a few times at the same place and they decide it is worth knowing more about you. When my ex takes the kids out, he doesn't need to tell me where they went, because by the time they get back I already know, because people tell me where they were seen. You also need a good BS detector because a lot of people try to tell you things that are not true. So it is in general not easy to make friends here. For someone not accustomed to this sort of environment, it would surely be diffcult to live here and especially if you were the princess, you would need to be very careful in whom to trust. Life is much easier elsewhere. A lot of people here, especially the wealthy, are more into appearance then into human qualities. You will be respected to a certain degree, while you look good. Men like to decorate themselves with beautiful women, even though they despise them for lack of intellect. But once beauty fades and you have nothing else to give, people will be not very nice.

I think to live here, you have to have some extra skin to protect yourself. You need to be fairly tough. But once you know all the unwritten rules, I think you can be happy here. It is certainly easier elsewhere, especially since everyone is leading a sort of public life - VIP or not -, but if you like the area and find whatever else you're looking for in life, you can be just as happy here.

Paca, thank you very much for not only answering once, but answering twice. :)

Claudia Schiefer and Albert were never romantically involved, he wasn't in love with Alicia and while he was publicly dating her, Tasha, and Angie he was privately seeing Nicole who he was romantically involved with even if once a month there was something there until he told her they should just remain friends. Yes, I know Albert will make an announcement about marriage. He is a very likable man and none of his ex-gf or public dates have said anything bad about him that is a positive in his favor.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Claudia Schiefer and Albert were never romantically involved, he wasn't in love with Alicia and while he was publicly dating her, Tasha, and Angie he was privately seeing Nicole who he was romantically involved with even if once a month there was something there until he told her they should just remain friends. Yes, I know Albert will make an announcement about marriage. He is a very likable man and none of his ex-gf or public dates have said anything bad about him that is a positive in his favor.

i am just curious how you know this for sure?? do you have a link??. i think you also kinda did not understand my last sentence. i didnt say he wast going to get married i said `when he gets married`. you cant teach an old dog new tricks, if by your own admission he was two timing or three timing all these women at the same time what makes you so sure he will stick to one woman when he gets married?? and if the rumblings about Tasha being back in his life are true and and yet she wasn`t enough for him then (since he was with nicole too at that time) what makes you so sure she will be all he needs now? and remember all this happened within the last 5 years not in his 20s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom