Worst Royal Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the worse jewels, is that diadem that Crownprincess Victoria was wearing at here wedding day, i just hate it!:sad:

Oraci said:
Hi. This is my first post, so please bear with me, and let me know if I haven't followed protocol or something.

I'd just like to discuss this alluring little contribution to Anglo-Aussie relations:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110939&d=1110972771
(photo sourced from the first Worst Jewels thread Sorry, I can't recall the poster).

Good grief, they must REALLY want to be a republic!!! LOL

In regards to Queen Sonja's Star Wars Tiara - Luke and the gang defeated the Empire. She doesn't need to show solidarity with the Rebel Alliance anymore!!! LOL

Bad jokes aside...So fun to laugh at some of the truly, um, *unique* pieces that have been mentioned...Viva les Poppies!!

Delicious! Thank you, IloveCP. What a wealth of odd things.

The more I see Queen Margrethe's poppy catastrophe, the more it's growing on me.:ROFLMAO: It's SO hideous it's wonderful, especially finished off with those cascading poppy earrings. :D

I think the worse jewels, is that diadem that Crownprincess Victoria was wearing at here wedding day, i just hate it!:sad:

I know we all have are opinions but,I love the tiara.I love the gold mixed with the pearls.And I love Greek Mythology so I love it even more!

Thank you IloveCo for this post. Quite an assortment of oversized and quite ugly tiaras. 200 years ago it might have been fashionable to wear these ungainly pieces. In fact, in those days, it was more a case of the bigger the better. However, although safely housed in many royal vaults, I do not feel that most of these tiaras make elegant and fashionable dress sense anymore. Some members of royalty do look quite ridiculous, regardless of the value attached to the piece. For example in the post, Grand Dutchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg wore a tiara even larger than her actual head. Not at all elegant.

Last edited:
:previous:
I can't agree with all the author's choices, some of the pieces are very beautiful. A lot can depend on how a tiara is placed on the hair and the hair style.

I'm not a huge fan of the halo tiara either it is too small and boring. I don't mind the peridot tiara but the poppy tiara that is a very different story. Talk about ugly and the earrings and necklace that go with it are just as bad. Not sure what to make with the feather winter tiara of Mary's. I can't even tell what it is made off. Doesn't look bad but not good either. Some of these tiaras need to be put back in the vault and not bought out again.

I laughed hard about a comment on Princess Astrid of Norway's Golden Tiara with Gemstones on it. It says that her Tiara looks looks like a Burger King Tiara made out of paper and chewed green Gummi Bear lol :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone have some historical infos about Margarethe's Poppy Tiara ??? This is the worst thing I have ever seen!

The only ones on that list that are truely terrible are Margarethe's Poppies and Princess Astrid of Norway's tiaras. Boy, did she get shafted!

Queen Margrethe looks like a fairy godmother in her Poppy Tiara.

Last edited:
The Tiara worn by Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei on her wedding day is also bad-looking according to The Royal Correspondent. They say that her Wedding Tiara looks plastic, flimsy, and held together with glue. They even added that the Royal Family of Brunei are billionaires so why would they give the Crown Prince's wife a cheap looking Tiara on their wedding day lol :ROFLMAO:

some crown no nice but some veyr nice ;)

I liked most of the tiaras :lol:
I think they can´t be too big,you just have to know how to wear them...
Only Astrid´s tiaras and Margarethes jewels are rather fairytale-like than princess-style,but I don´t think any of them is ugly! The one worn by the woman on Prince Alberts side may be too high,I agree on that.They seem to try out different styles or more simple jewels like Madeleine, they experiment a little bit and it´s interesting to see new looks and not always the same thing.

Prince Gustav's girlfriends tiara does look fake!

Princess Laurentien's choker today!
Reasons in her fashion thread.
Though it is pretty obvious why I am posting about it in here!;):eek:

From that article,Mette Marit's tiara is not that bad!Not my favorite but not horrible.

Here is my list (In no specific order):

The Poppies

Sonja's Gold tiara

Victoria's 18th birthday tiara

Mary's midnight tiara

Madeleine's augamarine tiara

Charlene's wedding tiara

Astrid of Norway's Gold tiara and Wings tiara

Hesse Star tiara

Mabel's wedding tiara

Horrendous!

Last edited:
:previous:This little tiara wouldn't look so bad on Victoria in the first two and last pictures if the base wasn't popping up so obviously. Otherwise, it's age appropriate, I think, for a young princess.

:previous:
It's not a family heirloom.
Victoria Lockwood's engagement ring was modelled after a diamond and ruby ring that was a gift from Princess Feodora of Leiningen to her half-sister Queen Victoria on the occasion of her marriage to Prince Albert. The ring was quite a typical example of the romantic movement of the time.
I like the original better; it's not quite as pretentious as the one Earl Spencer chose to give to Victoria Lockwood.

Back
Top Bottom