Worst Royal Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just looks .. cheap and with faux "jewels". Simple as that.

EEEEK!!!! Horrors!! That cannot be for real! :eek:

Didn't she once joke that she gets Russian radio with one wing, and American radio with the other one at the same time :D

LOL... That is what I read also! Good thing she has a sense of humor as one would have to to wear that thing on one's head... :)

But she doesn't "have" to wear that thing she has other pieces available, like the turquoise parure and the beautifull Vasa tiara. For me she should just hide those things away . But maybe that tiara is also functional , you know , for the days she feels tired and moody and just can't torelate anything bigger on her head :cool:.

Of course she doesn't "have" to wear it.... Perhaps she only wears it for casual occasions. LOL

Didn't she once joke that she gets Russian radio with one wing, and American radio with the other one at the same time :D

That's right. Astrid also joked that when her children were younger and she wore this tiara, they would say, " Why are you wearing THAT?" I love that Astrid doesn't take herself too seriously.

That really is hideous...but for me nothing matches the horror of the infamous golden poppies!

Astrid of Norway`s "Asterix" tiara
UGH!!
It's actually an aigrette, very fashionable in the 1920's, and would be worn with feathers, so rather than a "tiara", an aigrette is more of a "feather-holder".
This form of jewelled headdress was popular with the Indian Princes and Ottoman Sultans.

Thanks for the information, Warren. I knew there was another name for it but I couldn't remember what is was. Ah, those Roaring twenties!

Thanks very much for the explanation, Warren. Still, its an awful piece of jewelry /accesory.

But not that much like Thisone. Tiara, necklace, brooch and earring are.... Urgh!! :S

Mercy... that is horrendous!! None of the pieces look remotely like the real thing. It all looks just like something a child would use for playing dress-up. What a shame...

Thanks very much for the explanation, Warren. Still, its an awful piece of jewelry /accesory.

But not that much like Thisone. Tiara, necklace, brooch and earring are.... Urgh!! :S

I was not expecting that when I clicked on the link. However has that escaped my notice??
Astrid's aigrette is not my personal favorite, but I think it is whimsical and a nice remeinder of the era. I would much rather see her in this!

I doubt that very much. Princess Michael usually goes for the real stuff... not silk flowers. :)

Queen Elizabeth's Opal necklace and earring set is so ugly, you can admire it on the royal collection website. Although in this picture it doesnt look to horrendous, it would probably look better if the opal in the necklace was smaller.
Royal Collection - Queen & Commonwealth

Queen Elizabeth's Opal necklace and earring set is so ugly, you can admire it on the royal collection website. Although in this picture it doesnt look to horrendous, it would probably look better if the opal in the necklace was smaller.
Royal Collection - Queen & Commonwealth

As I've said, Her Majesty didn't care for it, as she only wore it once and that was the visit to Australia when she received the set and wore it that evening.
Maxima has gotten into the habit of wearing "Flintstones" jewelry and I really don't care for the pieces at all. They seem to detract from her and the rest of her outfits plus they look awfully clunky and heavy even though they may not be.

Thanks Warren! I was wondering about the purpose of the aigrette. It seems a little bit pitiful to wear by itself.

Wow, that is ugly. I dare say it even makes the golden poppies look good.
This looks like something you would by at a dollar store or something that comes in a Craker-Jack box! :nonono:

Everyone sing along now..... Lollipop, lollipop, ooh lolly lolly lolly lollipop! I would be afraid of being attacked by toddlers if I wore this one. :w00t2:

Peridot Tiara pictures from history photos on webshots

Cat

i couldn't agree more with you, LadyCat. the emerald(?) stones look as though they were supported by toothpicks and might fall anytime. it looks almost like a waste of precious stones.

Wow, that is ugly. I dare say it even makes the golden poppies look good.
This looks like something you would by at a dollar store or something that comes in a Craker-Jack box! :nonono:
I think a tiara made from pull-tabs would look better than that!:lol:

I really don't like the Halo tiara.It's not bad though it is boring.

Back
Top Bottom