Worst Royal Jewels 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fortunately, voices of sanity have spoken about the Spanish Wedding Present tiara. There's opinion and then there's just failure to understand related to genre.

Omg I didn't think it could get worse...just hideous! It looks so fake too. Please tell me these aren't family heirlooms.

It is a family heirloom indeed. The gold diadem is set with a variety of stones in different shapes and colors: green, red, white. It is a complete circlet and it is part of a set witch matching earrings and a brooch. The fluffy hairdo of Princess Astrid does no justice to the diadem. It is possible that it would look stunning on someone as Princess Mette-Marit. The set is believed to be made for Princess Ingeborg of Denmark who became Princess of Sweden by marriage. She was not only a grandmother of King Harald and Princess Astrid, she was also a grandmother of King Albert II of the Belgians, King Baudouin of the Belgians and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg and a grandmother to Madeleine Kogevinas née Countess Bernadotte.

Princess Ingeborg of Sweden née Princess of Denmark (grandmother of Princess Astrid)

Princess Märtha of Norway née Princess of Sweden (mother of Princess Astrid)

Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner

:flowers:

Last edited:
Omg I didn't think it could get worse...just hideous! It looks so fake too. Please tell me these aren't family heirlooms.

As said above it is a diadem from her Grandmother Princess Ingeborg. Astrid has said that this tiara along with her diamond bandeau and the famous "radio antennas" will be left to her children while her 2 bigger (and nicer) pieces the Vasa tiara and the Turqoise tiara will go back to the King.

Oh my! Oh my! MEEEERCY!! Stop already with images of this woman...pleeeeease!! Does she have no one who loves her? Surely she has been warned of how hideous her taste appears to be with head pieces? :eek:

Haha i think it's a cool piece. Astrid is well aware of how it looks as she has joked that she can recive radio transmissions from London and Moscow when she is wearing it :-D

She has a more traditional looking nice piece too called the "vasa diadem"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QWDiKzAhr...wn+Princess+Martha+here+Princess+Astrid+7.jpg

It is a family heirloom indeed. The gold diadem is set with a variety of stones in different shapes and colors: green, red, white. It is a complete circlet and it is part of a set witch matching earrings and a brooch. The fluffy hairdo of Princess Astrid does no justice to the diadem. It is possible that it would look stunning on someone as Princess Mette-Marit. The set is believed to be made for Princess Ingeborg of Denmark who became Princess of Sweden by marriage. She was not only a grandmother of King Harald and Princess Astrid, she was also a grandmother of King Albert II of the Belgians, King Baudouin of the Belgians and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg and a grandmother to Madeleine Kogevinas née Countess Bernadotte.

Princess Ingeborg of Sweden née Princess of Denmark (grandmother of Princess Astrid)

IMO I don't think this tiara would look good on anyone...especially Mette-Marit. But I guess if it's a family heirloom then one has to wear it. Now the "Vasa" tiara is quite stunning!

Haha i think it's a cool piece. Astrid is well aware of how it looks as she has joked that she can recive radio transmissions from London and Moscow when she is wearing it :-D

She has a more traditional looking nice piece too called the "vasa diadem"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QWDiKzAhr...wn+Princess+Martha+here+Princess+Astrid+7.jpg

Yes, that piece is indeed beautiful as are the others she wears on your image, however she clearly is a "Bling" person, like our Dame Edna Average. She does not wear her jewels elegantly. A waste when they are indeed quite beautiful.:sad:

Do you Know Princess Astrid of Norway personaly ?

She is one of the very last respectful Widow Princess, which parents were both RHH ,of her Generation.
Cousine of King Albert II and the late Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, i saw her at Queen Fabiola's Funerals. She was full of Dignity and sorrow !

Last edited:
The tiara she is wearing comes from her grand Mother Princess Ingeborg. This very tiara has a story for her

I admit it is an old fashion tiara which should he nice with feather.

To the Moderators,
The Norvegian Emerald tiara, the belgian floral tiara are not worse tiaras.
Their owners did not deserve personal critics such as being bling etc...

Well, taste is in the eye of the beholder. I agree strange choices have been made but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, of course...

To the Moderators,
The Norvegian Emerald tiara, the belgian floral tiara are not worse tiaras.
Their owners did not deserve personal critics such as being bling etc...

This is the thread for "Worst Royal Jewels" if someone doesn't like a tiara they're entitled to say so. That is what this thread is about. Of course no one should be attacking anyone personally, but they have a right to their opinion about the tiaras/jewels on this page.

It would help when someone says WHY a diadem is considered "the worst royal jewel".

When I saw one of the most versatile, ingenious and esthetically pleasing pieces as the Spanish Wedding Gift Diadem enlisted as the "top 10 of maddest tiaras", yes then also the question pops up: WHY....? At least have an argument for throwing that sparkling jewel on the scrap heap...

Interesting thread which taught me that i'm not a fan of Aigrette tiaras (any of them ;) ) but I have a feeling that there must be *worse* out there
So i checked out Gloria von Thurn und Taxis jewelry and while she can pull anything of (well, she's Gloria after all ;) ) i like to submit this one as a possible worst
http://img.mittelbayerische.de/bdb/2157000/2157055/300x.jpg
Like the object as such, but as a necklace? ehm...no... :lol:

I agree 100 % everybody may tell what they want about the tiara/jewels.
But the taste of the Beholder should be neutral. That's all.

Interesting thread which taught me that i'm not a fan of Aigrette tiaras (any of them ;) ) but I have a feeling that there must be *worse* out there
So i checked out Gloria von Thurn und Taxis jewelry and while she can pull anything of (well, she's Gloria after all ;) ) i like to submit this one as a possible worst
http://img.mittelbayerische.de/bdb/2157000/2157055/300x.jpg
Like the object as such, but as a necklace? ehm...no... :lol:

I don't know what to say except...oh my God:eek:!

I think the necklace worn by Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis is an interesting one, when that enormous pendant is removed. In any way: typical Gloria, never a dull moment with her...

:lol:

She can look glamorous too. See this example.

Do you Know Princess Astrid of Norway personaly ?

She is one of the very last respectful Widow Princess, which parents were both RHH ,of her Generation.
Cousine of King Albert II and the late Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, i saw her at Queen Fabiola's Funerals. She was full of Dignity and sorrow !

I don't, do you?

Her respectability is not in question, nor is her dignity at funerals or her pedigree.

Her taste in how she wears her jewels however...:eek:

Not a tiara, but the piece of Royal jewelry I've never cared for is the necklace with the huge opal that Queen Elizabeth was given as a gift when she toured Australia. No offense intended to Australian members at all. I've seen a color photo of the necklace and the opal is beautiful, but it just is too huge for my taste and it would seem to be awkward to wear.

Well,it is far more antique then it looks like:

1. Princess Pauline von Württemberg, Duchess von Nassau

2. Princess Sophia von Nassau, Queen of Sweden

3. Prince Carl of Sweden (inherited and worn by his wife Princess Ingeborg of Denmark and given to her granddaughter Princess Astrid of Norway)

4.Princess Martha of Sweden, Crown Princess of Norway (just a connection as she passed away before her mother)

5.Princess Astrid of Norway

https://royal-magazin.de/norway/norway-pauline-nassau-jewels.htm

https://royal-magazin.de/norway/norway-nassau-bandeau-royal-jewels.htm

Last edited:
Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara - I am not a fan of this tiara because it falls short when it comes to the actual Kokoshnik effect.

Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara - I am not a fan of this tiara because it falls short when it comes to the actual Kokoshnik effect.

If you look at it as a kokoshnik, yes its a failure. But if you look at it simply as a tiara, its actually lovely.

It really is more a fringe tiara then a kokoshnik. It was designed by an English jeweler to try and replicate the Russian style, to answer a request by Alexandra.

:previous: Nope, I don't care for it as a tiara either. It's definitely blingy but there is something about it where it either is difficult to place it on the wearer's head in a flattering way, or it can look good but only at certain angles.

Back
Top Bottom