Worst Royal Jewels 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea. make from this tiara necklace. I think it will be more beautiful as necklace.

galuhcandrakirana said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1065616648 I agree with the one who said that this tiara does not match with her hair colour (and also the rest of her attire). I like emerald colour, the piece style is good but I think it will look more interesting if it is not all in emerald

I think what's wrong with this tiara is that it is set in black gold. It makes it look very dark and then in this pic and with the lighting makes it look fake. I think if it was set in white gold it would look better.

Sorry -- Queen Rania's green tiara (emeralds?) looks like a Mardi Gras party toy. Throw it out -- redo it!

Believe or not, this lady (Mrs. president of Iceland) could actually use Queen Rania's tiara and maybe even get away with it:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241345&d=1146394724

Also, if Gloria of Turn und Taxis calls in sick one day as the village traffic light I'm sure her collegue, the princess of Hanover could fill in.

Not that I think this necklace is ugly, it's just very, very busy.

(Scroll down to post 25 and 26:)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/princess-caroline-prince-ernst-august-current-events-part-ix-9289-2.html

Last edited:
Daneborn said:
Believe or not, this lady (Mrs. president of Iceland) could actually use Queen Rania's tiara and maybe even get away with it:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241345&d=1146394724

Also, if Gloria of Turn und Taxis calls in sick one day as the village traffic light I'm sure her collegue, the princess of Hanover could fill in.

Not that I think this necklace is ugly, it's just very, very busy.

Thank you Warren for giving us a little bit of relief!:) Daneborn, I must say Princess Caroline is a repeat offender. Here are a few of her disaster's, although she did get it right once or twice with her grandmother's jewels and the Hannover's.:)

Caroline's bad choices::eek:

This style only looked good on Cleopatra:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147275&d=1116730417

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=147273&d=1116730249

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=138784&d=1115560437
What can I say? This is just a mess!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120041&d=1112573867
This would go perfectly with the street light necklace.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=120040&d=1112573867

Finally Caroline!! Good choice::)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37361&d=1084662995

HRHAmy said:

THAT's a GOOD choice???? :confused: Not in my books; although it is a regal tiara, it's sitting too high on her head: it looks like a decorative cake tin! [Perhaps her bouffant (?) is too high to start with?] Nice, but could have improved: only 3 stars for her!

Also, that necklace...:mad: ...how come we didn't pick it up sooner??? What IS it? A few sapphires interspersed with...what...magnets? Fishing weights?

And if I can comment on Queen Rania's tiara, perhaps (JUST perhaps), it might look good if she bothered to put her hair up: it would form a pretty good backdrop for it and she wouldn't look like a schoolgirl on the playground (the dress didn't help discourage THAT impression, either :cool: ).

fraxales, I agree with your comments on Princess Caroline, I just didn't have the heart to write it down earlier. A cake decoration is a good expression. The position of the tiara along with the puff makes me think of Princess Alexandra of Denmark, the Alexandrine tiara and the conehead look which we have debated earlier.

I think Caroline looked great. The tiara was perfectly positioned from what I can see.

Her hairstyle was quite puffy at the front, which in turn, could have given the illusion that the tiara was sitting higher than it actually was.

It certainly was a very old fashioned way of combining the two though.

"MII"

Last edited:
I think the tiara of Caroline is rather pretty, but it doesn't go well with that hairdo. :rolleyes:

Wow!!! :cool: :cool:
After a rainy winter's day, and the workload from Hell this forum is the best form of therapy.;)

Thank you all so much for the seeming endless supply of photographic fashion faux pas, or just plain awful taste breaks. :)

The BORG Queen's headgear. :eek: Traffic Lights. :eek: Decorative cake tin. :confused: And let's not forget just plain horrendous.:D

Your vocabularies have such depth. The mental comparisons are awsome. In short, you guys rock!! ;) It makes the heart merry, and I can't wait for the next thrilling installment. :)

You leave off, dear heart, the QMII poppy star trek earth mother horror. As for Caroline, well it just goes to prove that all the money in the world is no substitue for good taste and elegance, which cannot be bought. If the ancient Egyptians or Romans had caught her they would have brought in a bucket of asps forthwith. As for that brooch,. Warren, fantastic. An oasis in the desert, although this desert has certainly been unforgetable and a most splendid orgy of spleen and sarcasm. By all means do not stop now, I have become hooked on it. What more goodies has the noble Warren and company got hidden away in those treasure troves of theirs?? kind of like the BRF, nicht wahr??? Cheers. Thomas Parkman

fraxales said:
THAT's a GOOD choice???? :confused: Not in my books; although it is a regal tiara, it's sitting too high on her head: it looks like a decorative cake tin! [Perhaps her bouffant (?) is too high to start with?] Nice, but could have improved: only 3 stars for her!

Also, that necklace...:mad: ...how come we didn't pick it up sooner??? What IS it? A few sapphires interspersed with...what...magnets? Fishing weights?

And if I can comment on Queen Rania's tiara, perhaps (JUST perhaps), it might look good if she bothered to put her hair up: it would form a pretty good backdrop for it and she wouldn't look like a schoolgirl on the playground (the dress didn't help discourage THAT impression, either :cool: ).

Well Fraxales I'm sorry you don't like what I called a good choice, as for the tiara I do think it is a good choice, after all this is the "Worst royal Jewels" thread and I was only commenting on her jewels not hair (I think they already have a thread for that one). I think these Hannover jewels happen to be far more nicer that what she usaully wears. And IMO I do like the necklace, I think they're very pretty cabochon sapphires that go great on the choker which are heald together by diamond strands not fishing weights. IMO I think it's the best display of jewels on Caroline yet and I stand by my opinion. Although I still do respect yours.:)

I do believe Caroline inherited that sapphire necklace from her grandmother, Princess Charlotte and I think it is beautiful. Due to the simplicity of the design and the small size of the diamonds it strikes me as more of a girls first grown up necklace and indeed I Caroline wore it as a young woman. Her tiara's a bit high but impressive.
Imo, nothing could save that martian green blooper horror that Rania trots out. Everytime I see it I keep looking for antennas! Melt it down, start over and add some diamonds to break up the color a bit! I mean I love emeralds as much as the next person but you can have too much of even a very good thing;)

bluebess said:
Imo, nothing could save that martian green blooper horror that Rania trots out. Everytime I see it I keep looking for antennas! Melt it down, start over and add some diamonds to break up the color a bit! I mean I love emeralds as much as the next person but you can have too much of even a very good thing;)

It is a horrid piece..

It looks like a fallen branch that Rania's just scooped up off the pavement and placed on her head... It is in great need of diamonds, and fast!

Even better, melt down the base and start from scratch as has been suggested!

"MII"

well I know I'm gonna get a bashing out of this comment but here it is: Caroline shouldn't wear a tiara, it doesn't suit her; specially those heavy Hannoverian ones; she's a beautiful woman with tons of great dresses and awesome style and elegance but she should ask her fellow female royals about jewelry:eek:

and for Rania's olive branch, what can i say? get back to the 2004 Olympics?:rolleyes: this is by far the WORST tiara ever

HRHAmy said:
Well Fraxales I'm sorry you don't like what I called a good choice, as for the tiara I do think it is a good choice, after all this is the "Worst royal Jewels" thread and I was only commenting on her jewels not hair (I think they already have a thread for that one).

Uh-oh...:eek: ...I seem to have touched a nerve. I was not condemning your choice; in fact, I think it's quite a beautiful tiara, IF worn correctly (that's where the hair came in). It reminds me of the ancient Greek headdresses and probably would have looked much nicer opened up a little and resting at an angle, as worn in those ancient times. On Caroline, it was too upright, too high with not much contrast below (ie. more fabulous necklace to offset it). In other words, not altogether a disaster but could be greatly improved upon. :rolleyes:

Um...it was actually worn correctly, just not to your's & and whoever elses, personal taste :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Caroline looked awfully aged at Fred and Mary's wedding. I don't know if its the tiara (which I think is lovely) or the fact that her hair was pulled all the way up. Now I know some tiara-mavens are going to say that having the hair all pulled up is the only way to wear a tiara ;) but somehow I would have liked to see a softer hairstyle with that tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, good people, I have had a truly evil inspiration. Could one of you truly computer cometent people-excuse me but as far as computers are concerned I am a total idiot-a raving lunatic in all other aspects of course-could one of you TCC people kindly take the nine poppy star trek horror and by what ever electonic slight of hand and cyberspace voodoo you can come up with and transfer the unsightly monstrosity to the head of the truly brain dead-at least a far as jewelry is concerned-Carolina and let us see how the poor wench looks in THAT. It could be as memorable as her Liz Taylor Anthony and Cleopatra imitation Egyptian number with a cast of thousands.
Of course the whole family is nuts. And their various follies are all done in the worst possible taste, which is the main fault and only crime in the first place. First Albert had an illigitimate off of some third world African airline stewardess who hit a gold mine. The little boy is to get half of the estate. He has a number of paternity suits pending, I have read somewhere or other. If he is so unstable why doesn't he just do like everybody else and get married. at least the line of succession would be established. Then which sister is it has had five or six husbands of totally unsuitable quality for anybody. One of which was something in a circus?/ Hmm, maybe it is just a well that he be allowed to flit from flower to flower. A marriage could be a disaster for the monarchy. No doubt the republicans are having a field day. No wonder her taste in jewelry is so bad. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Whoa! Dear Thomas, I'd suggest a nice cup of tea. :)

I'm always amazed the way Thomas put all that things together in one post, wow!:D:D
And someone *thomas cough* needs to stay away from the coffee from now on, ok?:cool:

(sigh...) Fuerstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis does have some really amazing (and beautiful) jewellery. I think that in most cases it was simply a casualty of the "punk princess" taste in 1980's couture. (Although I have to agree that the Diamant Collier is atrocious). Alas, the beautiful diamond and pearl tiara that she wore to her wedding (and again to a birthday costume party for her husband) has been returned to France, as it had belonged to the empress Eugenie.

Hmmm...I really wonder why, with everyone going on about that--interesting tiara of Queen Rania's--has anyone noticed the other one that she wears? I don't think I have a link to it, but I'm sure it's in the galleries. It is a very abstract pattern of sharp verticle lines that come to a point floating above her head (most of the tiara does not rest on the head at all). I understand that the fashions popular in the Middle East may not be the same as those of the western monarchies, but it really just looks like someone scribbled a line over her head.

But, my dear Warren, that is just the problem. I am not suppose do to take much sugar. So how can you have a decent cup of tea without 1. Good Enlish tea 2. lots of half and half as cream is just a bit rich and 3 SUGAR? and decent amount of that too. It is just not done. Plus I am off of the housewine of the South, Sweet Tea, which the Enlish abominate. So I am now venting my spleen and bile on the head of the tasteless and brain dead Caroline. Poort thing. It is not so much what she does but HOW she does what she does. Dittto for the rest of the family and everybody else.

Further I cannot have chocolate as a result either. Do you have any idea what it is like not to have chocolate? So Perhaps somebody can concoct tiaras made of various kind of chocolate and other goodies. Edible jewelry anyone?? Yes, I know this deprivation has finally gone to my brain. Where are the little men with the white coats and needles when you need them? Cheers. Thomas Parkman

That second one looks like something a character from Star Wars would wear. And the first one consists of so much different stones that it definitely becomes very tacky. Two tiara's who most certainly belong in this thread, if you ask me... :p

Australian said:
This web page has two tiaras from the Royal family of Iran. The first one is ok, but could you imagine any Queen actually wearing it? and the second one is just simply hideous!

http://www.iranchamber.com/museum/royal_jewels/national_iranian_jewels04.php
Thank you Australian, I've been waiting for someone to put these tiara's in this thread. That first one is sooo gaudy, I mean come on, pink diamonds and yellow diamonds and then they threw those gigantic emaralds on top I'll never know. And what's with the widow's peak base? She isn't countess dracula. It looks like they just threw all these big expensive stones together just to show how much money they can spend a tiara. It's also very mis-matchy and gaudy and should be locked away in a vault or torn apart and have the diamonds sold so they can go on well designed tiara.

mashed potatoes said:
it looks like a nice tiara, but it's placement on the head is all wrong.
i believe it should be placed higher on the head no?
However it could be a nice and clever way to conceal the seams of your wig.

DEar Serene Highness,

The first jewel to which you refer was actually worn by the Empress Farah. I agree that it is not to my taste but it certainly is colorful. i would not call it hideous, but certainly if the good Empress chooses to wear it, well. Same with regard to Margarethe II and the poppy star trek horror. I for one have the highest regard for Queen Margarethe II and should she choose to wear that shall we say truly unforgetable work I for one would observe a polite but respectful silence. Of course a sense of humor would be a great help.

As for the second, it was a shah's hat ornament. They wore these magnificent jewels on their hats or turbans or whatever they wear in Iran. I think it is certainly striking. the late shah at his coronation wore his fathers army hat at the start of the ceremony which had a jewel, my brain fog has caused me to forget the name, which had in it a 107 carat diamond. There is one incredible 8 inch contraption that I just love and would almost give my eye teeth to get my hands on it with diamonds and a huge emeral in it. Now can you see me wearing a hat with that??? It would stop traffic. You must give these Iranians credit. They certainly belong to the Queen Mary school of jewelry. In any case Iran really has got to be a marvelous country, even if its politics are not to everybody's taste, including appearently a majority of the population. Any country that has invented both chess and sherry must be a shining light in the history of the world.

they also, I understand, have a those among them with a considerable sense of humor of which we seem to be having a shortage of lately around here. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom