The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1106178683

This goes into the books as the High Five tiara

My worst tiaras are the button-tiaras of the Swedish court, especially the 4-button one that makes Victoria look like an alien with antennas on.

I agree, the green one Princess Rania wears looks awful. Maybe with a dress in the same colour and shade it would work better. Did she have her nose done ?? I think someone implied that earlier

This is one of my favorite tiaras although I know many hate it, the upper middle picture: http://www.slaikjaer.com/jewellery/margrethe3.html

This one even I dislike, the upper right picture: http://www.slaikjaer.com/jewellery/margrethe1.html

hilal & warren > I really like the tiara. I think Alexandrine's diamond drop tiara would look better on someone else than Alexandra. But I think they gave it to her so it would make her appear taller.

Old 03-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania
I don't understand, why would royals hold on to less attractive pieces rather than sell them and get more money for them since they are historic pieces, and then they could buy better jewels and tiaras that they could get more use out of? For example, CP Victoria has a not so pretty tiara that I think she could probably sell and then she would be able to buy a more fashionable tiara. Just a thought. You would think that that is what they would do. Why keep a not so pretty tiara when you can get a better one that would make you look better and you could get a lot more use out of? Who knows, it's her culture and her family.
I don't think the royals find it appropriate to sell out clothes or jewellery.

What if some rich adult movie producer bought Victoria's most ugly tiaras and her early dresses , hired an actress who looked like Victoria (only with F-cups) and started producing hot Vickan movies ??

The thought is awful.

Sorry if my vivid imagination offends anyone.

But I think it's obvious why tiaras and clothes shouldn't end up in commoners possesion.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
This one even I dislike, the upper right picture: http://www.slaikjaer.com/jewellery/margrethe1.html.
It's almost impressively ugly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
hilal & warren > I really like the tiara. I think Alexandrine's diamond drop tiara would look better on someone else than Alexandra. But I think they gave it to her so it would make her appear taller.
I like this tiara too; I'm surprised that it has found its way to the thread about worst royal jewels.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Courtier

I actually like HH Princess Alexandra of Denmark's Drop Diamond Tiara.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Courtier

Those awful ten buttons

Dear Members,

Comments have been made about the button tiara of CP Victoria of Sweden. It seems that the dress uniform of HM Carl XIV Jahan of Sweden who was Marshall Jean Bernedotte under the Emperor Napoleon had ten large buttons set with diamonds. These buttons have been used to construct two tiaras. One with four for the Crown Princess and one with six, which doesn't look quite as bad for Princess Lillian. I think they should have just pried out all of those diamonds melted down the metal and done something elegand and decent with them. A lovely Swedish tiara, but no, the buttons are of historical importance I guess. So there you have it. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
Old 03-17-2006, 05:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
Dear Members,

Comments have been made about the button tiara of CP Victoria of Sweden. It seems that the dress uniform of HM Carl XIV Jahan of Sweden who was Marshall Jean Bernedotte under the Emperor Napoleon had ten large buttons set with diamonds. These buttons have been used to construct two tiaras. One with four for the Crown Princess and one with six, which doesn't look quite as bad for Princess Lillian. I think they should have just pried out all of those diamonds melted down the metal and done something elegand and decent with them. A lovely Swedish tiara, but no, the buttons are of historical importance I guess. So there you have it. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
What a shame they broke 10 buttons up into two different tiaras. It might look better with 10 buttons placed closer to each other than the 4-button antennas. The 6 button can be OK, especially on Lilian.

The 4 and 6-button tiaras aren't ''made'' for Victoria and Lilian. All the royal ladies get to use them from time to time. Only Silvia, who apparently gets to pick first from the royal jewel box, can avoid them.

I don't know, maybe it's actually Silvia who decides which of her female relatives who get to use which tiara. So that way we know who's most unpopular with the Queen. (Only me speculating)

At the 2005 Nobel banquet I believe Princess Christina wore the 4-button tiara.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Just my idea, I love princess Alexandra's tiara, it really is a magnificent piece of jeweller's art, as you say, Warren! :)
Old 03-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I'm not a fan of this tiara, I don't particularly like turquoise on tiaras.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1131310362
I don't think she likes it either. Look at her facial expression. "Don't look up. Please don't look up!":o
Old 03-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Are there any pics of Queen Alexandrine with the diamond-drop tiara? I agree, I think it may be a beautiful tiara but just not right for Alexandra.

It makes her look like a fairytale princess but not in a good way; the whole effect is a little cartoonish, I keep waiting for the evil stepmother to step out of the carriage.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Are there any pics of Queen Alexandrine with the diamond-drop tiara? I agree, I think it may be a beautiful tiara but just not right for Alexandra.

It makes her look like a fairytale princess but not in a good way; the whole effect is a little cartoonish, I keep waiting for the evil stepmother to step out of the carriage.
The diamond-drop is a very beautiful tiara indeed. But I agree that it doesn't look the best on Alexandra. I think it's the way she wears it. Sometimes it's pushed far back and her hair in the front poofs up that you only see the pointy edges of the tiara. Other times she places it squarely on top of her head and it looks off. I'll look for some pictures to post.

EDIT: I've found one picture where I think the tiara looks so-so but it's because there's hair behind it to back it up, if you get what I mean: http://www.theroyalforums.com/galler...php?i=2415&c=4

This I don't like because it's right on top of her head and doesn't match her face shape: http://www.theroyalforums.com/galler...php?i=2174&c=4

What is the point of wearing a tiara when it can't really be seen? This is the hairstyle I'm talking about the poof in the front. She looks very bit elegant and regal but the tiara leaves much to be desired:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/galler...php?i=1483&c=4

*All photos taken from the TRF Photo Gallery - Royal Family of Denmark
Old 03-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Administrator

SoCal girl - thanks for the work you put into this. :)
Old 03-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
SoCal girl - thanks for the work you put into this. :)
No problem Warren. :)

I really do wish one day that Alexandra is presented with another tiara. I know Queen Margarethe has no obligation to do so but with all the hard work Alexandra does representing Denmark; I hope it will be recognized with a grand, beautiful tiara (that complements Alexandra well :p ).
Old 03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks socal.

This is the way she wears it most often and its not so flattering:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/galler...php?i=2415&c=4

I wanted to see it on other royal ladies to compare how it looked. Queen Margrethe actually wore it at a reception given at Harald's and Sonja's wedding but I couldn't find a pic. And although its called the Alexandrine diamond drop, there's no pic of Queen Alexandrine actually wearing it.

So these pics of Alexandra wearing it are the only ones around, I think.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 03-20-2006, 06:26 AM
Serene Highness

Lalla Asma
http://www.angelfire.com/de3/verenas...mages2/AsmaaM.

Lalla Meryem
http://www.marocain.biz/Mar/_maroc/_.../Meryem_01.jpg
Old 03-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Courtier

The Wessex Tiara is the second worst Tiara after the Swedish Steel Tiara, imho.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

What makes them look bad is when the metal base of the tiara is cleary able to be seen in the hair. The Wessex one is noted for that.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
What makes them look bad is when the metal base of the tiara is cleary able to be seen in the hair. The Wessex one is noted for that.
I agree that is one of the main reasons, but the Wessex Tiara just looks odd to me. Please don't laugh, but it puts me in mind of Antlers. I can't explain. I know she has received others, but it would be nice if she could receive a nice Old, Royal Tiara.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Courtier

I dislike the Swedish Six Button Tiara.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

I don't like the six button tiara. I don't see how Victoria can wear it as often as hse does. The poppy tiara is a real joke and thank God Queen Margrethe hasn't worn again. I think what makes Princess Alexandra's tiara not look that great on her is the way she does her hair. The massive amounts of extensions to make her hair big and poufy gets old after a while. And to me it always looks like its done in the same style even though its probably not.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath
Actually, I think this is quite pretty. Delicate looking.
I think it's a beautiful tiara. But the way she wears it all the time is just awful! If you go to the Danish Royal Family, Bulgaria State Visit Thread, you'll see new pictures of Alexandra in the tiara. It's in the same style, plopped on her head and it just doesn't look good. Alexandra and the tiara are gorgeous separately but they don't seem to mesh well together.

Tags
jewellery, worst jewels