The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Thomas, my dearie, I think either of them wearing a tiara might probably land them in this thread.....oi :)

Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree with you Warren!

The thing is if Hillary can wear a tiara, next thing we know Paris will be wearing one and we'll hear thousand of royals rolling on their graves

Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
... next thing we know Paris will be wearing one...
Rest assured that Ms Hilton will not be making any appearances in the Royal Jewels threads.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Unless she marries Prince William, of course...

Or not even then?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Are you trying to kill me people?
I'll fled the country if...that...ever come close to be my Queen
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Courtier

My dear Warren,

I of course understand that this is a caste system. That is what makes it so lovely. It even puts up with nutcase eccentrics such as this present writer. I am by all means in favor of the Gotha rules and frankly wish they could be more widely applied, (no names, please).

I was merely speculating, after all any woman with the means to beg, borrow, buy or steal one can wear a tiara and the rest of the goodies that go with it. They could even order one of Austrian crystals or whatnot from Wall Mart or possibly one of those royalty magazines. It would be an interesting sight indeed to see a certain ex first lady fully bedecked. But NEVER HERE!!!!

In any case I have become so disgusting in appearance that I have had to renounce chocolate, which has affected my reason, what little of it is left, as you can see. By the way, who on earth is Paris Hilton, and why would Prince William of all people have the slightest interest in her???

Of course the history of royalty is a history of unhappy or unsuitable marriages. I well remember when Prince Frederick of Denmark was younger and greatly distressed Mother and Papa with his unseemly choice of partners in affection, much it not all of which was in the newspapers. Creating some degree of scandal. Edward VII along with George IV and William IV were much addicted to unseemly gallantry. And poor not too terrribly bright and horribly unlucky Nicholas II had the massive misfortune to marry the wrong Czarina. Then there is the huge list of royal mistresses, almost a professional obligation actually.

Of course we do have Louis XIV and Charles II. Or as somebody said of Charles II, he was indeed the father of his people, or at least a good many of them. Cheers.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 PM

I do think Laura Bush is incredibly beautiful and would look stunning in a tiara - photoshop people, photoshop. But it's all about style. Tiaras should be for those who can afford them - look at Imelda Marcos who looked truly stunning and really didn't know when to say when diamond wise. But she still looked fabulous. I don't think Royals are the only people who can wear tiaras but celebrities - nah. It just looks like they're wannabes which I suppose they are in many ways.

I think it would be lovely if the Royals all swapped jewels. Can you image Camilla in the Norwegian Emeralds? Queen Elizabeth in Queen Beatrix's sapphires? Now that would be a sight to see.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
By the way, who on earth is Paris Hilton
No offense, but who doesn't know who Paris Hilton is? She's all over the news all the time for everything and anything. She's in the papers, she's on the TV, she's on the internet [blogs, news sites].....she's everywhere.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I think it would be lovely if the Royals all swapped jewels. Can you image Camilla in the Norwegian Emeralds? Queen Elizabeth in Queen Beatrix's sapphires? Now that would be a sight to see.

I'd like to see Mary in the Swedish Amethysts.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Who is Paris Hilton?
Paris Hilton is an Heiress to a share of the Hilton Hotel fortune. She tried to be a singer and an actress but having no talent forced her to make a poor quality sex video which was mysteriously leaked and made her famous internationally. Her great-grandmother is Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Her great-grandmother is Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Huh? Is this true?! Or are you kidding???
Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Well, step-great-grandmother. Zsa Zsa's second husband was Conrad Hilton who was the great-grandfather of Paris Hilton.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Administrator

We've obviously run out of "worst royal jewels" and are rambling into "worst celebrities" territory.
This thread is already long enough without extending it further with irrelevant waffle.

thanks.
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator
Old 02-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

"irrelevant waffle"

I must give you points for that.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Administrator

I try to keep it interesting.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Well, Dear Members, to put my two cents worth in, since this is the worst royal jewels, why not the worst royal wannabes. And no, I do not watch television, or at least most of it, I rarely read the newspapers as they are so much vulgar and disgusting twaddle, panem et circenses gone mad and I do not blog on the internet. I do read and answer e mails, do some research and induge in my addictions to the things that make life worth while, such as the royal forum, chocolate and Mozart.

BTW did Zsa Zsa end up being the princess something or other-after all she did marry just about everybody didn't she??? I have, if my half brain remembers, seen her in a rather ghastly emerald parure with tiara or am I just having a nightmare hallucination. If somebody could find that maybe we could get the photoshopping people to plop it on the head of Ms Paris so I could find out what the poor thing actually looks like. And put her on the guest list for our charity halloween party of the worlds worst royal Jewelry. Cheers.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, Dear Members, to put my two cents worth in, since this is the worst royal jewels, why not the worst royal wannabes.
Because threads about Royal Wannabes belong in Celebrity Chit Chat, not here.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Oh, God, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED has spoken. so I prostrate, grovel and beg for mercy, given the fact that my brain just does not work I should at least attempt to dig up some horror to keep the show going on. But I cannot use a computer worth a tinkers damn. So I cannot photoshop, edit send in pictures--Wannnnngh. Life is cruel. I shall have to go back on chocolate. Sort of like koala bears who live their lives stoned on eucalyptus leaves, otherwise they are most disagreeable and can be quite unpleasant.

There is one horror in the British royal jewels that nobody has seen fit to comment on and I do not know how to pull it up. It is some kind of turban goodie that some Indian prince gave to Edward VII, or maybe Victoria. It looks like a kind of diamond pumpkin with emeralds drooping down off of the front. It has never been worn in public by any member of the British royal family or anybody, it has just disappeared along with the Austrialian Opal Gall Bladder Stone. I wonder if anybody knows what on earth I am talking about and could they pull it up for the members to know that I am not babbling any more than usual. Cheers.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Warren, If you have a picture of the turban-thingy Thomas is talking about, (I'm not sure what that is), I'll see what I can do with it. Or Thomas, if you want, just PM me or post in the Photoshopping thread any ideas you have- I'll have time in the next two weeks, I think.
Thomas deary, go have some chocolates, and visit the best jewels thread- that'll perk you up!

Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Gee, when I started this thread I never thought there would be this many 'worst royal jewels'. It just goes to show...you can be born into money, fame and a god given right to rule a country but you can't always have taste!

Tags
jewellery, worst jewels