Worst Royal Jewels 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, step-great-grandmother. Zsa Zsa's second husband was Conrad Hilton who was the great-grandfather of Paris Hilton.

We've obviously run out of "worst royal jewels" and are rambling into "worst celebrities" territory.
This thread is already long enough without extending it further with irrelevant waffle.

thanks.
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

"irrelevant waffle"

I must give you points for that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I try to keep it interesting. ;)

Well, Dear Members, to put my two cents worth in, since this is the worst royal jewels, why not the worst royal wannabes. And no, I do not watch television, or at least most of it, I rarely read the newspapers as they are so much vulgar and disgusting twaddle, panem et circenses gone mad and I do not blog on the internet. I do read and answer e mails, do some research and induge in my addictions to the things that make life worth while, such as the royal forum, chocolate and Mozart.

BTW did Zsa Zsa end up being the princess something or other-after all she did marry just about everybody didn't she??? I have, if my half brain remembers, seen her in a rather ghastly emerald parure with tiara or am I just having a nightmare hallucination. If somebody could find that maybe we could get the photoshopping people to plop it on the head of Ms Paris so I could find out what the poor thing actually looks like. And put her on the guest list for our charity halloween party of the worlds worst royal Jewelry. Cheers.

Well, Dear Members, to put my two cents worth in, since this is the worst royal jewels, why not the worst royal wannabes.

Because threads about Royal Wannabes belong in Celebrity Chit Chat, not here.

Oh, God, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED has spoken. so I prostrate, grovel and beg for mercy, given the fact that my brain just does not work I should at least attempt to dig up some horror to keep the show going on. But I cannot use a computer worth a tinkers damn. So I cannot photoshop, edit send in pictures--Wannnnngh. Life is cruel. I shall have to go back on chocolate. Sort of like koala bears who live their lives stoned on eucalyptus leaves, otherwise they are most disagreeable and can be quite unpleasant.

There is one horror in the British royal jewels that nobody has seen fit to comment on and I do not know how to pull it up. It is some kind of turban goodie that some Indian prince gave to Edward VII, or maybe Victoria. It looks like a kind of diamond pumpkin with emeralds drooping down off of the front. It has never been worn in public by any member of the British royal family or anybody, it has just disappeared along with the Austrialian Opal Gall Bladder Stone. I wonder if anybody knows what on earth I am talking about and could they pull it up for the members to know that I am not babbling any more than usual. Cheers.

Warren, If you have a picture of the turban-thingy Thomas is talking about, (I'm not sure what that is), I'll see what I can do with it. Or Thomas, if you want, just PM me or post in the Photoshopping thread any ideas you have- I'll have time in the next two weeks, I think.
Thomas deary, go have some chocolates, and visit the best jewels thread- that'll perk you up!

Gee, when I started this thread I never thought there would be this many 'worst royal jewels'. It just goes to show...you can be born into money, fame and a god given right to rule a country but you can't always have taste!:ROFLMAO:

HRH Amy dear heart, you have actually performed a service to humanity and also a great disservice. First not only do you have bad taste galore in this massive thread, you also have commentary, sarcasm and venom. Enormously entertaining. This thread alone has had over 42, or 43 THOUSAND HITS!!!! So you have all these vultures out there watching all these royal bejeweled trainwrecks. Each of which is worth a fortune. And salavating and knawing away in sheer malicious joy. Delicious.

The great disservice, as is usually the case in these situations, is that you have attracted the flakes and nutcases. There are these demented souls whom you very kindly decent people just do not know how to handle and so you must endure it and hope that they (or in this case he) will someday tire of all this-fat chance-and go his merry way. And leave you alone. You have sinned in your former lives and now you must pay back all that bad karma in the form of--------------------a certain chocoholic nutcase who really should be in a home and if anybody reports him here I (oops) he will be hauled off by the little men in white coats with needles drawn. Cheers.

Thomas Parkman said:
This thread alone has had over 42, or 43 THOUSAND HITS!!!! So you have all these vultures out there watching all these royal bejeweled trainwrecks. Each of which is worth a fortune. And salavating and knawing away in sheer malicious joy. Delicious.
OK. I'll bite (and expose my ignorance in so doing), how do you know how may hits there are per thread? :blush:

I happily admit my obsession with the worst royal jewels thread. I love it! I go back and re-read post and just cackle with laughter. It is almost decadent. Thomas, I have looked for this pumpkin turban aigrette thing you mentioned--not luck as of yet. Warren, I believe we need you!

MARG said:
OK. I'll bite. How do you know how may hits there are per thread? :blush:
See the Threads in Forum page when you have clicked on the 'Royal Jewels' subforum: Worst Royal Jewels (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 ... Last Page) ... 42,848 views column.

Thomas Parkman said:
There is one horror in the British royal jewels that nobody has seen fit to comment on and I do not know how to pull it up. It is some kind of turban goodie that some Indian prince gave to Edward VII, or maybe Victoria.
Thomas, as to your "some kind of turban goodie", I don't know specifically what piece you are referring to. Most Indian aigrettes are small works of art, but nontheless since British Kings and Princes didn't/don't have much reason to wear turbans, there would be little opportunity to wear an aigrette, or any other kind of turban decoration.

By way of illustration, here is a link to an Aigrette made by Cartier for the Maharajah of Nawanagar.

It may be best to confine "Worst Royal Jewels" discussions to those jewels which have been worn publicly, and are therefore familiar to members.

Last edited:
Dear Warren and Noble Members of the List,

NO! NO! NO! I do know what an aigrette is and I was not referring to an aigrette. I am referring to a crown that was given by some Indian princeling back in the days of Victoria or Edward VII and it is in the form of a round object sort of like the Russian Imperial crown, it is rounded and has emeralds dripping off of it. If I could find the Indian Jewels thread I probably could find it but I cannot. I keep telling you people I am brain dead, now maybe you will believe me. Of course today I did break down and have two scoops of Rocky Road Ice cream. and now maybe the feeble remnants of my brain will start to function. I will see if I can find this thingie. It is not a turban, and no I am not obseesed with turbans. We will not go into my real obsessions here, after all this is a family forum and people just do not understand chocoholism. I merely made a naughty joke one time about Brad Pit wearing a turban with the Iranian imperial emerald aigrette-which is a hat ornament or jeweled pin by the way and being clad in nothing more than a diamond and emerald fig leaf to match. Cheers. Now where is that thread when you need it.

Royal Collection - Regal Crownhttp://www.royalcollection.org.uk/egallery/images/collection_large/11358.jpg

There it is Lady K, where are you when we need you???? I found it Warren, sob, I even managed to copy it off and put it on an e mail. I really should ead more Rocky Road Ice Cream. I am not a totally helpless mongoloid after all.
In any case if this thingie is just not plain ugly would somebody please tell me what it. I will of course have to find that gorgeous drop dead Iranian emerald aigrette that I go into orbit over. Perhaps we could get or should I say corrumpt the Lady K into putting a turban and bejeweld fig leaf on Brad Pitt to show off the aigrette. I refer you to one of my naughtier postings, I am too exhausted now to look any further. It was in Indian Royal Jewels by the way. A marvelous and luscious thread indeed. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
UGGH! Thomas, I was not prepared for how ugly this thing is. It is hideous--it right up there with the opal pendent (actually, the opal is a thing of beauty compared to this)--I vastly prefer the Wurttenburg Ruby Star Tiara over this thing (and that is saying a lot), and even that hideous pearl tiara that the Westminsters own is a beauty compared to this ugly piece of royal regalia.
How fitting that its picture would find its way into the Worst Royal Jewels thread--of course, no one has worn it, they knew they would be mocked!

Thomas Parkman said:
Royal Collection - Regal Crown

Eww. I don't even know where to begin with this...so many things wrong with this "thing". Thomas, I think I'm going to need some of your chocolate to revive myself ;) . See? You are not a totally helpless mongoloid! :flowers:

Thomas, I'll play around with it, but I'm not sure what I can do-it's pretty bad!

Actually, suprisingly, I have come up with something pretty good- check it out in the Photoshopping thread. And it only took me a half-hour!

Last edited:
Thomas Parkman said:
HRH Amy dear heart, you have actually performed a service to humanity and also a great disservice. First not only do you have bad taste galore in this massive thread, you also have commentary, sarcasm and venom. Enormously entertaining. This thread alone has had over 42, or 43 THOUSAND HITS!!!! So you have all these vultures out there watching all these royal bejeweled trainwrecks. Each of which is worth a fortune. And salavating and knawing away in sheer malicious joy. Delicious.

The great disservice, as is usually the case in these situations, is that you have attracted the flakes and nutcases. There are these demented souls whom you very kindly decent people just do not know how to handle and so you must endure it and hope that they (or in this case he) will someday tire of all this-fat chance-and go his merry way. And leave you alone. You have sinned in your former lives and now you must pay back all that bad karma in the form of--------------------a certain chocoholic nutcase who really should be in a home and if anybody reports him here I (oops) he will be hauled off by the little men in white coats with needles drawn. Cheers.
Oh no Thomas! Don't let the men in white coats take you!:flowers: I think you belong right here pointing out the many be-jeweled mistakes the royals made and continue to make. Thank you for your support also, before I started this thread I thought so niavely that Royals had the most beautiful jewels on the planet and I was content to just hang out in this 'Royal Jewels Forum' and gawk in amazement and dismay and fantasize what I would do if I ever got my hands on even the smallest diamond and pearl earring that they owned....THEN, the jewel-admirer I was stumbeled across some not so eye pleasing pieces, and if I recall the first hideous piece I started out with in this thread was the ugly Sophie of Wessex's pearl wedding necklace and earrings. Double YUCK! Then I knew, right then and there, that royals do make some serious jewel-related mistakes now and then. And looking back through this thread, I see that even way back in history, royals then even had some very bad taste in jewels! Hopefully, the good people of this Forum will continue to take some enjoyment in seeing these awful pieces and maybe, just maybe a royal will come across and see the mistakes they've made and change their ways so we won't have to cringe anymore, we can just drool, like I used to.

Well, dear Members, I knew that if I rummaged long enough I would dredge up even more horrors for our malicious and venemous enjoyment. I can hear the cackles now. The noble Lady K would be in bliss and Warren, the long suffering one would lie awake groaning in the night-wondering why we didn't kick that deranged eccentric off the list long ago. But in any case here are four more horrors for you comments.

Hesse Star Tiara http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1065684532

and Queen Rania new tiara http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_590lo.jpg UgH!!!

Mountbatten Star Tiara http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1050690623

Dutch Tiara http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1051046792 which only goes to prove the Dutch have the ugliest jewel collection in Europe with this contraption as par for the course. I guess they think all those riches and money and jewels are a sin and have set out to prove it. And they have.

I can only conclude that good taste and bad taste-each involving lots of the taxpayers money are running a neck and neck race where royal jewels are concerned. We thus have more candidates for our Haloween party and for the photoshopping talents of our brilliant memership. cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...that Mountbatten Star Tiara is a mess!

Does it still belong to the Mountbatten family?

I have to agree with Zonk, the Mountbatten tiara is a bit much for my taste. The Hesse tiara is a bit big, but nonetheless it is quite impressive.

I rather like the Hesse tiara and Queen Rania's tiara. They aren't ugly so much as they are big, and on the right person, big can be pulled off. The Mountbatten tiara is ugly as all get out, though. Reminds me of that star tiara CP Maxima wore on her wedding day.

I'd rather have the Hesse tiara or the Mountbatten Star Tiara over Queen Rania's thing. I realize it's the same general shape as the Hesse tiara, but it's just not becoming on her. Maybe if it is photoshopped onto Camilla, the pointy height would be offset by her horizontal hair wings.

Hesse Tiara: Frankly, to me, it looks like it could be a prop from the old Wonder Woman show.:ROFLMAO: I think it's too big, weird and fake looking.

Mountbatten Tiara: Could it be any more awkward? It's so heavy and clunky--I get a headache just looking at it. Are there any pictures of it being worn?

Rania's: I don't mind it. It's an odd shape but delicate and pretty and with the right hair style would look beautiful.

And I am in agreement with you Thomas when it comesto the Dutch Royal jewels--some of them are lovely but in the main, when I see them, the first thought that goes through my mind is "Sigh. All those lovely gems-such a shame."

Am I seeing things, but does Rania's new tiara incorporate some Arabic script into its design? Remember, Arabic is read from right to left, rather than left to right as with Latin-alphabet based languages.

I cannot pull up a picture of the Dutch Tiara that you are alluding to, Thomas. I would love to see it as your description is quite thought provoking. Where is it located? I am only getting the main discussion board when I click on it. Which tiara is it?
OK, of the three which I did see--well, well, well......where to begin? Rania's tiara isn't so bad (not to say that its great) and it does some large diamonds in it. I don't know about it, maybe its her hair in the pic but it is just a little topheavy, maybe? It isn't ugly, but it is a touch awkward, I think.
The Hesse Star tiara would have to my favorite of the three I saw (which when given the choices.....) its not so bad. Maybe it was the picture that made me like it--another era, another hair style, a time of true class and distinction--it's not too bad.
The Mountbatten Star tiara. Well, Thomas, you've done it again! I had always wondered what this elusive tiara looked like because I could never find a picture. Now I know why--its like the turban pumpkin thingy--no one wants to be seen wearing it. Someone posted that it looked like Maxima's wedding tiara, and it does have some similarities (I actually like Maxima in the tiara--its very whimsical and charming) but THIS tiara, with its little pearl inserts, well, I cannot imagine the great Edwina Mountbatten wearing this at all. However, I read that she received it as a wedding present and it originallly belonged to her mother in law. Stars were very popular when she did get it. I tend to like that so many star tiaras can be used as brooches (for the bodice, for the waist, for the hair) and I like them less than as a tiara. These could make a nice set of brooches for someone. But, as a tiara, its chunky and bulky.

Thomas Parkman said:
Royal Collection - Regal Crown

There it is Lady K, where are you when we need you???? I found it Warren, sob, I even managed to copy it off and put it on an e mail. I really should ead more Rocky Road Ice Cream. I am not a totally helpless mongoloid after all.
In any case if this thingie is just not plain ugly would somebody please tell me what it. I will of course have to find that gorgeous drop dead Iranian emerald aigrette that I go into orbit over. Perhaps we could get or should I say corrumpt the Lady K into putting a turban and bejeweld fig leaf on Brad Pitt to show off the aigrette. I refer you to one of my naughtier postings, I am too exhausted now to look any further. It was in Indian Royal Jewels by the way. A marvelous and luscious thread indeed. Cheers.

I have seen the crown in question. I rather like it. It isn't in the aesthetic of Western or European jewellery, though, so it isn't really proper to call it "worst" in the context that the jewels we're mostly discussing here are in a separate aesthetic and artistic tradition. Of course, that's my opinion, but I also do think it's very interesting looking. I am fascinated by non-European conceptions of European crowns and such. Take, for example, the Incan-made "Crown of the Andes". Marvellous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom