The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 12:27 AM
Royal Highness

I can get over the tiara. It's Sophie's awful necklace that gets to me. Since Edward designed it for her, I guess she would have to wear it. But on her wedding day?! It's just not a very beautiful piece of jewelry. I know pearls are expensive but the necklace looks fake, something you would make out of a jewelry making kit. (No offense to Edward :o )

Old 06-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Courtier

As for what I'd do with these pieces if I had them, I'd honestly rather be cash poor and heritage rich. I would sell some of them, but I'd also try to ensure that I left a rich legacy. Pieces like tiaras are things best left in the family, as they are so special.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I can get over the tiara. It's Sophie's awful necklace that gets to me.
Yeah, it's really awful, isn't it? And the matching earrings are a bit worse than lackluster, aren't they?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

You guys, what's up with the empty spaces on Sophie's necklace? It doesn't look as though they are diamond spacers, just looks like exposed wire. Makes the whole necklace look cheap.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Courtier

A dog collar maybe?

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/t...e-wladimir.htm

It sure would look nice a one of Queen Elizabeth's corgie's.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Peroxide, my dear. You can do wonders with peroxide. Although I would have thought somebody as rich as Thurn and Taxis would not be quite that uh shall we say frugal. As for the jewelry, it can only be called creative bad taste of the first order. When you have that much money and go hog wild this is the appalling result. You look like an apple vendor at the state fair or maybe one of those hags who as an act of charity sit over large tubs of water and dare the red neck masses to hit the target with a baseball and dunk them for a quarter.

But my God, those emeralds are magnificent. The misuse of such is both awful and absolutely hilarious at the same time. It only goes to prove that you may have all the money in the world and have not a drop of taste, decorum or class. Cheers.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Courtier

Also this one http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/t...y-choker2.htm. http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/t...uby-choker.htm This necklace remind me collar of "Sangha the tiger" in Two brothers (Deux Frères) movie, have alook this picture

http://www.allocine.fr/film/galerie_...=18372917.html (unfortunately I don't find the better picture, the collar larger than what shown in picture).
Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Well, good people, we should do a bit of imaginative compter jewelry creation and come up with the worst of all possible horrors. I propose the T und T emerald ruby chocker (what magnificent jewels so totally wasted-the noble princess really was a nut) put together with either the Sonja viking burn the monasteries Maltese Cross horror or with the QMII poppy star trek monstrosity or possibly throw a few poppies into the mix with the crosses. It would be a huge joke show the world that we the peasants have even worse taste than our betters (or at least some of us) if not nearly as much money to be able to act out our fantasies. cheers.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

I like queen Silvia, but I dont understand to this tiara:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1046209313
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1046239619
Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Yeah, I've never really been into cameos, are they even considered a jewel? Who knows, but to make a tiara out of it, yuck.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

definition of cameo

The best cameos are carved out of a single stone like agate that is naturally formed with different colored layers. The carver carves the head out of the top lighter layer leaving the darker underlayer smooth and intact.

Here are some modern cameo pendants made of agate. They are quite beautiful.

http://masterwiresculptor.com/cameo_agate_pendants.php
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Well, I have to confess then that this tiara is probably the one I like best from the Swedish collection . I think it is quite unique and that Silvia wears it extremely well. She wore it at her wedding and while her wedding gown was very unflattering, her veil with this cameo tiara was just perfect IMO.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy

I guess I am not big on the cameo tiara or cameos in general but when someone photo shopped it onto Victoria's head it looked wonderful. I would love to see her wear it in real life.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Courtier

I don't like this at all, I never thought Mathilde would be on this list.

http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?i...80195lowz5.jpg
Old 07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Nobility

Sorry, everyone. I think Queen Silvia's cameo tiara is one of the most beautiful ones out there. I find the gold and pearl combination very attractive and unusual.

Also, isn't there a really unique history behind this piece? Napoleonic era???
Old 07-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

Amy, I can't see that image. Can you help me, please?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mims111
Amy, I can't see that image. Can you help me, please?
Sorry mims, Here is another link:)
http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?i...28811lofq2.jpg

And if that doesn't work here is the Royal Forums link it is post #136
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...lry-177-7.html
Old 07-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I don't like this at all, I never thought Mathilde would be on this list.

http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?i...80195lowz5.jpg
It is an unusual piece I think, but I also think she wears it quite well and doesn't let it overwhelm her otherwise, which is good.

I think Mathilde is probably one of those few women who knows how to manage unusual pieces, like that choker.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Mathilde looks just fine using this, but if it was put in my own neck, it should look as a dog collar. Not a very nice jewel...:(

Vanesa.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Thank You. I love this tiara, and it was the first that ever really caught my attention. It hails from the Napoleonic era, and is quite unique in Europe because of its size. No, cameos are not jewels, but it certainly is much more interesting than a few sapphires or rubies. I think that this tiara is incredibly dignified, and recalls the very history of the Bernadotte dynasty, which originated with one of Napoleon's generals. :)

Tags
jewellery, worst jewels