The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Majesty

i have been thinking of this it depends what you think is "best" i like swedens becouse they have several items, very special tiaras that we do not see in the other collections like the cameo and cut steel jewllery, i also like that they share a few of them then some are personal a good balance

but does Sweden has the best?

Netherlands has a lot, are they lacking anything?

Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

I would say British and Sweden. Queen Silvia wears some absolutely gorgeous pieces.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

My vote would go for the British and Swedish Royals.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

My vote goes to Sweden, Britain and Nederland
Old 04-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Courtier

OF course Sweden and nederland :)
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

1º Netherlands
2º British
3º Sweden
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are we limited to royal families presently on the throne? When I was in Turkey, the royal jewels are now in the museum in Istanbul. I remember they had a little sign up that they were the most valuable royal jewels in the world. The emeralds had to be seen to be believed.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Adding to what people have already mentioned-UK,Sweden,Netherlands who have a lot of valuable+pretty jewellery,I would also like to include Monaco as they have only a few tiaras but those few are exceptionally beautiful.I am thinking of Carolines Cartier tiara,it is simply perfect and one of my favourite pieces.
Princess Grace had a few very stunning pieces of timeless beauty-even though the collection is not as big as the British one.Iran and the Russian imperial family had a collection that was truly breathtaking and very large as well...unfortunately many of the Romanov jewels were sold or disappeared after the revolution,but still there are many intact tiaras that are sometimes even seen on beautiful heads:-)
. Helen Keller
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Royal Highness

The British Royal Family, without a doubt.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Probably Iran, as we never get to see them so we don't know what's left.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Administrator

We do know as a large part of the Imperial collection is on display.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

I think it's easy to jump right to Sweden, Britain and the Netherlands as they have the largest collections and are reigning houses!

I have to disagree -as much as I love all of their collections and can't get enough when it comes to looking (other Scandinavian ladies as well), I have to disagree!

I think Greece has the best collection -albeit smaller than it used to be, but their collection has some of the best and most beautiful tiaras around and the fact that Anne Marie and family have been able to keep them even through exile is amazing!

I love, love, love the Greek jewels!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Probably Iran, as we never get to see them so we don't know what's left.
No, I also was afraid the jewels got lost during the revolution of 1979,but most of it is on display in Tehran! You can also watch many of it online,on wikipedia and other pages!I agree with you,they have very big,creative and precious jewels.Farah Dibah left the crown jewels in Iran and luckily they were not sold or disappeared in other ways
. Helen Keller
Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Royal Highness

Even though I have favourites from each royal family jewerly, I vote for The British, The Swedish and The Netherlands, for obvious reasons.

And though the Morrocan Royal Family own only 1 tiara per Princess, I must recognize that they have the most varity, exquisite and unusual pieces in their Jewerly vault, and dare I say the Morrocan Royal Family might be the one with the biggest collection of jewerly sets.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Jewels, jewels of love
Joyas de princesa, joyas de amor

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...ier%2F&act=url
Old 01-31-2014, 02:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Are we limited to royal families presently on the throne? When I was in Turkey, the royal jewels are now in the museum in Istanbul. I remember they had a little sign up that they were the most valuable royal jewels in the world. The emeralds had to be seen to be believed.
Many jewels from the ottomans were at the exile sold. In the museum are only a few of the jewels
Old 01-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
No, I also was afraid the jewels got lost during the revolution of 1979,but most of it is on display in Tehran! You can also watch many of it online,on wikipedia and other pages!I agree with you,they have very big,creative and precious jewels.Farah Dibah left the crown jewels in Iran and luckily they were not sold or disappeared in other ways
At one time, the Persian Crown Jewels were the support for the monetary system. I wonder if they still are.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

The Dutch have the best collection. They have a large collection and they're not so strict in what a Princess is allowed and not allowed to wear. If I'm marrying a prince, I better have access to the diamonds. I ain't here for sharing or sticking with just one.

The British have a big collection too but besides The Girls of GB Tiara, they're all unremarkable or just plain hideous looking.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:52 AM
Royal Highness

I don't read Spanish, but that was a lovely article full of magnificent pictures!

Tags
best jewels, collections, jewellery