The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
I second that on you, there are vasts amounts that we have never seen, as ERII is simple in the way that she has her few favourates and has stuck with them over the years! She has Princess Alice of Greece's, the Queen mother, and Queen Mary's and Alexandra's personala and state owned jewels. Presents from various countries etc...Queen Sylvia, Margerethe,Beatrix, and Sonja have on the other hand not hidden any jewells
Queen Beatrix has hidden the Stuart Diamond Parure. she has never worn any Part of it and it was seen the last time when Queen Juliana paid a State Visit to the UK at the beginnin of the 1970's. And there is the mystery with the Peacock Ruby Parure whioch was obviously given to Princess Irene as a gift by her grandmother Queen Wilhelmina.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Queen Beatrix has hidden the Stuart Diamond Parure. she has never worn any Part of it and it was seen the last time when Queen Juliana paid a State Visit to the UK at the beginnin of the 1970's. And there is the mystery with the Peacock Ruby Parure whioch was obviously given to Princess Irene as a gift by her grandmother Queen Wilhelmina.
Yes, but the British Royal Jewel collection, private and state owned, is by far larger!

Old 10-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
But not all have a Tiara with it, i meant only these wo consists of Tiara, Necklace, Brooch, earrings etc.
Hence why I have appropriately referred to the lesser pieces as a demi-parure.

As for the Oranje-Nassau collection, yes, I do remember reading that it is not a parure...how it slipped my mind I do not know.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:08 AM
Courtier

it has to be the Brunei family...they are that way, they love jewels, it has to be them, followed by the Saudis. the European houses just dotn compare to the immense collecton of jewls that these families have. it is quite flabbergasting
Old 10-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

Which jewels worn by Royals are the most wonderful?

I like rings and earrings,the rings i like the most are Letizia and Diana's engagement rings,Diana's sapphire is a bit big for my taste,by it's a classical beautiful ring

http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diana27iu.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nilloa24nc.jpg
Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcc
hi. what noble or non-reigning families have the best jewel collections. i thought i asked this question before but cant find the thread.anyguesses and oppinions ?
I think it would be too difficult to say because we never see the whole collection. We know that there's probably alot of jewelry that QEII has but never wears - just imagine if that were the case of every royal house!
Old 04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Gloria Of Thurn und Taxis

For the West:
When Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis had her magnificent jewellery collection she exemplified the best taste I have ever seen.Seeing the world through her jewels was an experience I shall not forget. The taste of the Princess had and has an aesthetic endurance against time.. it is hard to forget.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

the british collection is the largest as there are vaults of jewels that no-one has has access to for years and that the Queen has never worn eg the opal she received from australia.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

For the East

For the East;
The jewellery collection of Rani Sita Devi of Kapurthala as photograhed by Cecil Beaton was & is my most coveted magnificent jewellery of the East.Photographic examples of the collection she owned can be found in a book called "Made for Maharajas:A Design Diary Made for Princely India" by Dr. Amin Jaffer [in print.]
Old 05-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Courtier

The collection of Elizabeth II is unequaled.

The Saudis definitely GIVE the best jewels, but I don't know about the ones they own. Flashy, yes...but missing the history.

The Brunei jewels seem to be thrown together at random and without much taste.

Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, while she still owns some pretty impressive pieces, opted to sell much of the TuT collection. Nor could that collection stand at all on par with the British one.

The Iranian jewels actually make quite an impressive collection. My vote still goes to Lizzy Two, but I thought the Pahlavi jewels should be mentioned.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
The Romanov's had quite a collection of jewels hidden in the Kremlin but over half was sold at auction. I know that Marjorie Merriweather Post bought a lot of jewels as well as artwork. I remember that much from watching Biography on A&E at least 10 years ago. However, most of the jewels' whereabouts are unknown.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
However, most of the jewels' whereabouts are unknown.
Many heirloom jewels were (and probably still are) bought by jewellers to be broken up. How many engagement rings were made from former Romanov diamonds?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
I think it would be too difficult to say because we never see the whole collection. We know that there's probably alot of jewelry that QEII has but never wears - just imagine if that were the case of every royal house!
Also....at what point in history are we judging the collection? I ask this because some of the Savoy royal gems go up for auction this month as well as some yugoslavian/russian ones. We could argue for a particular country's collection before it was divided up among the family members, and/or sold at auction.

I just ask this cause I can't make up my mind!:w00t2:
Old 09-07-2007, 08:27 AM

of course jewels of iran are the best in the world which are kept in the museum in tehran.
very old and priceless
Old 07-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

i love the russian family's jewels..also most of the maharajas of india had some interesting pieces of jewellery.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Umm I did think the Russians had a stunning set of jewels. But for a reigning monarchy the British jewels aren't half bad.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

I think that Pahlavi Dynasty had a very nice and impressive collection of jewels (specially tiaras ) to his disposition (the jewels belonged to the Iranian Central Bank).

Regards!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

As it rains to-day , I am busy with my files about the Royal Houses: the royal of the past , the nowadays and their heirs.
I am now in Greece and am surprised how wonderful were the Princess Helčne's of Greece jewels. Her mother was the Grand Duchess Wladimir of Russia.
I have (thanks to the RF) pictures of her daughter Olga , Princess Paul of Y.
The Olga's tiaras were sold to Albion/Japan and Dushan of Y., Barbara's von und zu Liechtenstein only son ,has now a flat in London!
Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think I can choose a 'best' because thats like choosing a favorate child. but I really like the Ducal family of Luxemborg's jewels.and of course the British and the Dutch.......SEE I TOLD YOU!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

If a Grand Duchess of Russia maried a royal King or Prince they brought huge jewels.
This goes for Luxemborg's , greek's, Dutch's , Sweden's and more.
Queen Ingrid , the King of sweden 's only girl brought to Danemark her mother's jewelry (british) and her swedish.
Sorry that for belgian Royals , the jewelry of the past were sold or stolen.
Josephine Charlotte and Marie Jose's brought begian jewels in their country, lot of them were sold by her heirs but lucky the great people of a small country such as Luxemburg, obliged the Grand Duke to cancel the auction of his mother's jewels(most coming from belgium) in Paris. ( Sorry for my bad english!)

Tags
best jewels, collections, jewellery