What was new for royal jewellery watching; 2011-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mathilde, Madeleine and Letizia for me. I hope have more new first time tiaras in 2016!!

Sofia wore Silvia's emerald and diamond earrings to the Nobles

I would love to see more experimentation in how the royal ladies wear their tiaras. They are more and more looking like headbands as if they are making them less noticeable.

I think it takes practice and/or supreme self-confidence to wear a tiara with panache. Many just don't have that level of comfort in their own skin. I am continually surprised by those you think are shy, etc. and blow us out of the water. A perfect example of this is HGD Stephanie. The way she has taken to wearing serious tiaras with nonchalance is remarkable and my only complaint is there are not enough white tie events to dazzle us. Meanwhile, others either shrink them headband style or leave them off altogether.

New aquamarine earings for princess madeleine of sweden
Princess astrid were the Queen Elisabeth's Diamond Bandeau for the first time
New tiara/necklace for crown princess mary of denmark

Last edited:
Madeleine wore these earrings for the first time at her father's birthday.

Queen victorias corsage brooch worn by queen silvia for the first time.
The brosch has not worn by any other royal lady then Q Victoria and Q Silvia

In the program Blauw Bloed of Saturday September 22nd we could see Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme wearing a beautiful ring of large rose-cut diamonds with a ruby centre-stone. Princess Margarita told the stones of the ring were from Anna Paulovna Romanova, Queen of the Netherlands, Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg born Grand-Duchess of Russia (1795-1865).

I understood the ring is owned by Margarita's mother Princess Irene of the Netherlands. She told about her Dutch/German/Russian roots via her mother and her French/Italian/Spanish roots via her father. She thought it was wonderful that such a ring, tracing such a while back, could be worn by her daughter.

From this I distilled that the four daughters of Queen Juliana (Beatrix, Irene, Margriet and Christina) indeed own personal bijoux, not only contemporary pieces but certainly also historic pieces. This ring was new to me (but also Queen Máxima has been seen with similar rings, maybe four rings were made?)

Video with Princess Margarita: http://www.eo.nl/blauwbloed/artikel-detail/prinses-margarita-over-sieraden-door-de-eeuwen-heen/

Last edited:
Max wore the pendant from the emerald parure attached to a collet necklace, along with a cabochon emerald in Sydney this month. This was the first time she had worn it with the collet collier.

Queen Máxima wore an Edwardian/Art Nouveau/Jugendstil style necklace with haeartshaped pendant. It is in gold, with diamonds, turquoises and pearls. This bijou from the Orange-Nassau collection has not been seen since 1975.

Picture

20 February: Princess Sofia wears the Napoleonic amethyst tiara at the State Visit from Canada

22 February: Queen Letizia wears several pieces from the joyas de pasar: the fleur de lys tiara by Ansorena, the two bracelets and the earrings

:previous:

And the Peacock Ruby necklace on Queen Máxima on February 7th.

They are beautiful, but I bet they are heavy to wear. Her hair is so nicely done.

Maxima wore the Necklace House Diamonds at the state visit from argentina
it has not seen for many many years

Last year Princess Sofia wore 2 new tiaras from the bernadotte voult
the small cut steel tiara and 4 button tiara

In Tokyo, Letizia wore sapphire and diamond earrings and ruby and diamond earrings previously worn by Queen Sofia

Queen Mathilde wearing Queen Fabiola's waterfall Brooch, earrings (2) , ruby bracelet and the Wolfers necklace-tiara.

In Tokyo, Letizia wore sapphire and diamond earrings and ruby and diamond earrings previously worn by Queen Sofia

.... and a second diamond and ruby earrings reappeared today when their majesties dined with the Japanese PM and his wife this evening. Letizia had first used these earrings at Fred and Mary's wedding in 2004, a short while before her own wedding.

Camilla wore a new bracelet in Florence

Wonder if we will see any new tiara on any royal lady this year ;)

Queen Mathilde wearing Queen Fabiola's waterfall Brooch, earrings (2) , ruby bracelet and the Wolfers necklace-tiara.

And her new butterfly diamond brooch at the Danish state banquet !

For Harald and Sonja's 80th birthday:

HGD Stephanie in the aquamarine necklace, bracelet, and earrings.
Mabel in the pearl button tiara
Mette Marit in the Vifte tiara
Sofia in the Six button tiara

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom