What was new for royal jewellery watching; 2011-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
here is the same quastian i posted at Royal Jewels of the World Blog

what items did give us a buzz 2011

new jewllery
old jewllery but not seen for many years
maybe old jewllery but first seen on a new royal lady

We may have a new contender for exciting 2011 jewel moments! Kate's necklace tonight is stunning and is apparently one of her wedding presents.

The Scroll Tiara was not seen for years since,I think,Princess Anne.

here is the same quastian i posted at Royal Jewels of the World Blog

what items did give us a buzz 2011

new jewllery
old jewllery but not seen for many years
maybe old jewllery but first seen on a new royal lady
I think you meant to post this link, Josephine? http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1324021013.html
This year had some wonderful weddings and lovely brides. My personal highlight, apart from the London and Monaco weddings, was the Prussia-Isenburg wedding: two wonderful, rarely seen bridal tiaras, and a couple of rarely seen tiaras worn by the guests.
I’m not much of a brooch watcher, but didn’t Queen Elisabeth wear a good number of Queen Mum’s brooches for the first time?

Last edited:
Great to see Catherine's New Jewels, and I loved that the "reserected" the Scroll tiara for her wedding!

we got to see 3 ladies wearing a tiara for the first time
Zara and Kate
one tiara we have not seen for a long time the one Kate wore scroll tiara
kate has also worn
a maple leaf flower diamond brosch in canada worn before her queen mother, the queen and duchess camilla
Kate also wore a new necklace with bracelet in December

charlene wore not a tiara for her wedding but ahir ornament worn by caroline bfore
however charlene has gotten 2 modern tiaras one she wore at night wedding gala the other one she has worn as a necklace but it can be turned into a tiara.
Charlene also been seen with a pearl diamond necklace.

Queen Elizabeth wore the waterfall brooch for the first time if i understand it correct

Maxima wears a Queen Emma’s diamond hairornament for the first time a item not seen for many many years

Mary made a changed in her wedding tiara added pearls but then she chaned back to the orginal form

Khedive tiara was by Princess Nathalie as brides on the royal family in denmark has done for over 40 years now.

marie got a new tiara i do not know if we will see her wear it or if its her.

mathilde wore 1 broche worn by fabiola before

revelations could be
A member at TRF also found a photo pf princess sibylla wearing the diamond arrow brosch worn last year by crown princess victoria at her pre wedding day.

happy news

Duch Royal Jewels site up and running again
i also found order of splender site love the posts there, i do not know how currect all he facts about jewllery are but i get to know much about other jewllery then swedish we got to see the documentary about royal jewllery with a long history.. cant wait for next sunday

Last edited:
Looking back it was a very interesting year in terms of jewellery. Most of the mentioned jewel appearances were in connection with weddings, and this year saw a good number of high profile royal weddings. Let's hope that there are some happy couples ready to do the big thing next year!

Just deleted my whole post inadvertently ....so need to summarize quickly.

Although 2 royal weddings, I did not see so many sparklers as expected, maybe because of the overall economic situation or maybe due to the trend to tune down jewelry appearances.

My wish for 2012:
- seeing Pr. Charlene in her Lorenz Bäumer tiara - properly set
- seeing Pr. Charlene in her VC&A tiara - worn as tiara, not as necklace
- seeing the DoCa in the Cartier halo tiara again
- seeing CP Letizia in her new tiara
- having another high profile royal wedding with all the sparklers out and about

Happy Seasons Greetings

[I like your wish list! But I'd like to add the new lily and amethyst tiara of Princess Marie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a glittering start to a hopefully happy new year 2012: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
At the new years court CP Mary wears for the first time a hair ornament or haircomb made from pieces of the ruby tiara. Isn't that a splendid start of the new year?

It makes me think about this thread: maybe we could turn it into a kind of a record of sensational jewellery news, rather than restrict it to the past year?

Last Sunday gave us a very good reason to continue this thread with: What is new 2012?
Crown Princess Marie Chantale of Greece wore the long un-seen diamond tiara at the 40th jubilee celebrations of Queen Margrethe II. The tiara was originally a wedding present to Queen Sophie of Greece and later was frequently worn by Queen Federika.

Minor surprise this year also were:
- CP Mary wore three new ruby brooches as hair ornaments at the New Year gala. The brooches were made from leftover pieces from the change of her ruby tiara
- Princess Theodora of Greece wore the turquoise bandeau to the gala concerts fro Queen Margrethe's jubilee. That is especially surprising since Margrethe usually does not loan her jewellery.

Last edited:
^^^^
Actually it was Theodora who wore the turquoise. Tatiana was not there.

Thank you! I really got confused there! I'll edit my post above.

Lets start talking what was new for 2012

À new "old" tiara in Sweden à cut steel item
Madeleine wore the swedish amethyst tiara and beckets
Victoria wore the Grand Bernadotte emerald necklace
Christina tiara were stolen

Last edited by a moderator:
And now for this year's noble and royal brides, with and without tiaras. Of course it's not complete, as there is still the wedding of AD Christian and his Adelaide to come. And I might have missed many pictures of other brides. Maybe someone can post other pics?
http://s11.postimage.org/gqzvcucdf/2012_brides.jpg

1. Esther Sánchez Calvo married Konstantin, duke of Oldenburg
  2. Countess Camilla Schenk von Stauffenberg married Prince Carl-Albrecht von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
  3. Princess Philippa von Bayern & Christina Dienst
  4. Emily McCorquodale married James Hutt
  5. Princess Maria Carolina de Bourbon-Parma married Albert Brenninkmeijer
  6. Marta Ferri married Carlo Borromeo
  7. Princess Cecily zu Salm-Salm married Ludwig Benecke
  8. Princess Marie-Anna zu Salm-Salm married Dominik Count von Neipperg
  9. Silvia Steisel married Edouard, prince de Mérode
  10. Kathleen Walker married Arch Duke Imre
  11. Princess Isabelle von Hohenberg married Franziskus Bagusat
  12. Countess Olga zu Castell-Rüdenhausen married Prince Dominik von Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenborg
  13. Rixa, Duchess von Oldenburg married Stephan Sanders
  14. Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy married Heriditary Grand Duke Guillaume de Luxembourg

Last edited:
:previous:

Great to see all the jewels together, thanks for the pictures. Britain-wise:

- Sophie debuted the Smaller Aquamarine Tiara (which was presumed to have been dismantled to create the Brazilian Aquamarine Tiara).
- Camilla debuted her most recent choker (the larger Diamond Choker). Plus, her brand new RVO made a first appearance too.
- The Queen debuted several new brooches (including the mysterious Tudor Rose one which seems to be making a lot of appearances in a short time).

Aside from that, I can't remember any major news from British Royals.

May I add the the winning stone 2012 was the aquamarine? That double re-appearance of aqua tiaras was quite a stunner.

P.S. Aaargh... how could I miss the Duchess of Vendome with the sapphire tiara???? I'll add her to my panel later. I have do do some other chores now.

Last edited:
Countess Camilla Schenk von Stauffenberg married Prince Carl-Albrecht von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Off topic but I was wondering what her relationship was to Colonel Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg who was depicted in the film Valkyrie?

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: The Tiaras

The Luxembourg pre-wedding event is definitely my favorite tiara event of the year! My favorite tiara worn at that event is Caroline's Peal Drop tiara! Love Mary's Ruby tiara and hair clips that she wore at the beginning of the year. Even though I don't like the Amethyst tiara, it's great to see Madeleine wear something new. So glad to see the Alexandrine Drop tiara and Queen Sophie's Diamond tiara this year!

From the perspective of the BRF, 2012 saw:

1) "Granny's Chips" made a very rare appearance on HM as part of the Jubilee celebrations

2) A long unseen amethyst and pearl necklace, rumoured to have been owned by Queen Alexandra, reappeared around the neck of the Duchess of Cornwall

3) The five acquamarine tiara reappeared after c40 years, as did the King Khalid diamond necklace (previously lent by HM to Diana) reappeared on Sophie for the Lux wedding

4) The book, The Queens Diamonds, clarified the position on a number of mysteries. These included confirmation that the Nizam tiara was indeed used for th Burmese ruby tiara, the Boucheron loop tiara was sacrificed for the Delhi Durbar, the pearls from the Girls of Britain & Ireland tiara were used for the Cambridge Lovers Knot, that Camilla has the Teck Crescent tiara.....

From the perspective of the BRF, 2012 saw:

3) The five acquamarine tiara reappeared after c40 years, as did the King Khalid diamond necklace (previously lent by HM to Diana) reappeared on Sophie for the Lux wedding

Diana wore this necklace maybe once or twice (the point being a handful of times) but the Queen has worn it many times in the intervening years, so I wouldn't class it as a reappearance as it hadn't disappeared. :)

Diana wore this necklace maybe once or twice (the point being a handful of times) but the Queen has worn it many times in the intervening years, so I wouldn't class it as a reappearance as it hadn't disappeared. :)

One can talk about à new wearer

Off topic but I was wondering what her relationship was to Colonel Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg who was depicted in the film Valkyrie?

He was a Count ;)

They are/were second cousins twice removed...

Claus's grandfather Count Klemens Schenk von Stauffenberg and Camilla's great-great-grandfather Count Berhtold Franz Schenk von Stauffenberg were brothers...

Btw,Camilla was known for previously dating Andrea Casiraghi,son of Princess Caroline of Hanover...to whom she was also distantly related as his grandmother Princess Gracia descended from Schenk von Stauffenberg family...which makes him also related to Claus,via Schenk line! ;)

Last edited:
Just deleted my whole post inadvertently ....so need to summarize quickly.

Although 2 royal weddings, I did not see so many sparklers as expected, maybe because of the overall economic situation or maybe due to the trend to tune down jewelry appearances.

My wish for 2012:
- seeing Pr. Charlene in her Lorenz Bäumer tiara - properly set
- seeing Pr. Charlene in her VC&A tiara - worn as tiara, not as necklace
- seeing the DoCa in the Cartier halo tiara again
- seeing CP Letizia in her new tiara
- having another high profile royal wedding with all the sparklers out and about

Happy Seasons Greetings

You got one of them right

What was new for 2013

Duchess of Cambridge wore a second tiara, Queen mother/princess Margrets Lotus Flower tiara

Crown princess of Sweden wore the Cameo necklace

Crown princess of sweden wore princess Lilians tiara for the first time

Crown princess of Sweden wore Queen Josefinas coursage necklace

Stephanie of luxemburg wore the Citrine Tiara for the first time

Queen maxima wore the The Dutch Sapphire Tiara for the first time

Queen margrethe wore the The Naasut Tiara for the first time

Queen mathilde wore the The Nine Provinces Tiara loger part for the first time

I think a new necklace for Märtha Louise of norway

Last edited:
What was new for 2013

Duchess of Cambridge wore a second tiara, Queen mother/princess Margrets Lotus Flower tiara

Crown princess of Sweden wore the Cameo necklace

Crown princess of sweden wore princess Lilians tiara for the first time

Crown princess of Sweden wore Queen Josefinas coursage necklace

Stephanie of luxemburg wore the Citrine Tiara for the first time

Queen maxima wore the The Dutch Sapphire Tiara for the first time

Queen margrethe wore the The Naasut Tiara for the first time

Queen mathilde wore the The Nine Provinces Tiara loger part for the first time

I think a new necklace for Märtha Louise of norway

Might I add:

> 2013 saw the Duchess of Cornwall wore the stunning sapphire pendant, suspended from a modern "minor" collet necklace to the Royal Variety Show

> Princess Charlene wore a stunning pair of earrings with the purple Ralph Lauren gown

Last edited:
Might I add:

> 2013 saw the Duchess of Cornwall wore the stunning sapphire pendant, suspended from a modern "minor" collet necklace to the Royal Variety Show

> Princess Charlene wore a stunning pair of earrings with the purple Ralph Lauren gown

Also, Camilla wore a previously unseen aquamarine and diamond brooch to Westminster Abbey to mark the 60th anniversary of HM's coronation. There are not many clear pictures of the brooch.

For 2014

we have seen a photo shoot of Princess Charlene wear the ocean tiara as a tiara

In 2014, The Duchess of Cambridge was seen wearing some historic jewels:

1) The Nizam of Hyderabad necklace for a solo engagement at The National Portrait Gallery

2) The NZ fern brooch on arrival in NZ

Back
Top Bottom