Wedding Tiara of Princess Madeleine of Sweden

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What tiara will princess Madelaine of Sweden wear for her wedding ceremony

• 1) Cameo tiara

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • 2) Connaught tiara

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 3) Baden Fringe Tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 4) Modern Fringe tiara

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • 5) Six Button Tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 6) Four button Tiara

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 7) Laurel Tiara

• 8) Other Tiara

• Total voters
I hope for Connaught Tiara. But any other tiara than the Cameo tiara, Baden Fringe Tiara and Laurel Wreath tiara are fine for me.

i do love and loved the Cameo Tiara on Victoria at her wedding, but i'd like for Princess Madelaine to use a different tiara. I think it should be something smaller. I don't know, maybe I'm just sentimental, but i'd like it to stay the tiara of a future queen's wedding!

i do love and loved the Cameo Tiara on Victoria at her wedding, but i'd like for Princess Madelaine to use a different tiara. I think it should be something smaller. I don't know, maybe I'm just sentimental, but i'd like it to stay the tiara of a future queen's wedding!

I think exactly the same, I hope that the next who wears the Cameo Tiara, is princess Estelle.

I would like for Madeleine to wear the Connaught tiara.

I would like for Princess to wear Modern Fringe tiara

I also voted for the Cameo tiara. It would be a lovely tradition if only the future Queens would wear the Cameo tiara; but since also Princess Desiree and Princess Brigitta wore the Cameo tiara for their weddings, I voted for this one.

I agree with Her Majesty, since Desiree and Brigitta wore the Cameo, there is no reason why Madeleine wouldn't be allowed to use it.

Besides, I believe she will choose a wedding tiara which she hasn't worn before. If she ever intended to wear the Connaught at her own wedding, she wouldn't have worn this one at Victoria's wedding. For the same reason I don't believe in the modern fringe. (I'm quite happy that this reason also rules out both button tiaras :whistling:.)

The Baden fringe has become something like Victoria's trademark tiara, that's why I hope that it wont be worn by Madeleine. I should stay the exclusive tiara of the CP.

And as for the laurel tiara: out of respect for Princess Lillian it will stay in the vaults for a couple of years. Imo it would be strange to wear it so soon after her death.

Maybe there are more unseen tiaras in the Swedish Royal Family and Madeleine will wear a tiara that hasn't been seen for a very long time if ever.

Mine was not a prediction, but marely my own wish.

Oh I am glad i am not the only one!!

I personally hope that she wears it... It's a beautiful tiara -her mother wore it, her sister wore it, so there is no reason why she should not be given the chance to do so. I personally don't see Madeleine as anything less than Estelle -her niece is the future queen, but I see all of the Swedish ladies the same when it comes to something like tiara for the wedding day. It's a given that Estelle will wear it, but why let it lie for another 20-35 years. Why let it wait until 2035-2047 to be worn again for a wedding? It's been three years -bring out the cameo, please! ;)

The cameo has pretty much become the wedding tiara in the Swedish royal family -my vote is for the cameo!

I am so excited for June 8th. It couldn't come quick enough!

My post was not to be negative, I just wanted to respond to the thought that it should be saved for Estelle. Please don't think that is the case, as I completely see where you are coming from.

I'm voting at the Cameo parure. After all it has become a family tradition in the immediate royal family during later years with a few exceptions.

I didn't like the connaught tiara at her head at Victorias wedding. I'd rather se Victoria in the connaught tiara and the fantastic emerald demi parure on 8:th june.

Madeleine would also look wonderful in any of the 2 fringe tiaras i think

I voted for the Cameo as well. I think it will be probably the only time she will have the opportunity to wear it and it is does seem to be family tradition. I also hope that Victoria wears the Connaught tiara ... something new for her. :flowers:

Not exactly my favorite, but I'm thinking the Cameo.

I think it will be the cameo but I would love the modern fringe.

I love how she looks in the Modern Fringe. Frankly, I love how her sister looked on her wedding day however, I think that Madeline would do better with competing with her sisters look by wearing the same Tiara. Not, that they care however, I think that she should have her own look, the day is Hers & Chri's.

No matter what she wears she will look Beautiful.:flowers:

I voted Modern Fringe as it looks the most like a wedding tiara.

I voted for the Cameo tiara. It's a beautiful piece and something special all Swedish royal brides should be able to wear on their wedding day.

I think it will be the Cameo but for an outsider Queen Josephine's amythyst as "something blue" or purple.

Last edited:
I don't think she's going to pick the Connaught tiara on her wedding day, since she used it already for her sister's. I exclude the Modern FringeTiara, for the same reason..she has worn it too many time before. I think it might be Cameo Tiara for her as well, as it appears to be the wedding tiara for almost all the Swedish Princesses (Queen in Silvia's case). But if I was her, I'd choose the Laurel Tiara.

Please not the Cameo Tiara, I have never liked it....
But sadly she will probably follow tradition and wear it. Hoping for Modern Fringe though... Suits her much more and very bridal.....

my prefer Baden Fringe Tiara

I highly doubt Madeleine will ever wear that tiara as Queen Victoria of Sweden only wanted the tiara to be worn by Queens and Crown Princesses only. However, Princess Lillian and the kings sisters have worn the tiara for some reason.

I highly doubt Madeleine will ever wear that tiara as Queen Victoria of Sweden only wanted the tiara to be worn by Queens and Crown Princesses only. However, Princess Lillian and the kings sisters have worn the tiara for some reason.
I'm quite glad that they didn't let the tiara gather dust for all those years when there wasn't a CP in Sweden. But since Victoria started wearing the fringe it was only occasionally shared with dear Princess Lillian. Probably they had a soft spot for that grand old lady:flowers:.
There seems to be a marked devision between the Baden fringe and the Modern fringe: one is only worn by Victoria, the other is only worn by Madeleine. I'd be very surprised, if Madeleine would ever wear the Baden fringe.

I voted for the Cameo tiara and I hope she will follow the tradition started by Princess Birgitta.

I think the Cameo will be an equivalent the Kediv of Egypt tiara in Denmark (now owned by Queen Anna Maria of Greece), only Princesses in their own right may wear it.

I voted for the Cameo tiara and I hope she will follow the tradition started by Princess Birgitta.

I think the Cameo will be an equivalent the Kediv of Egypt tiara in Denmark (now owned by Queen Anna Maria of Greece), only Princesses in their own right may wear it.
I hope you are right about the "Princesses in their own right". I dread to see it on Sophia one day. But that is my very personal emotion :cool:.

Well, Queen Silvia was neither a Princess nor a Queen in her own rights. But I really, really hope, that the Cameo will continue the "little tradition" of being worn by Royal Swedish Brides.
Bye Bine

Back
Top Bottom