Wedding Tiara of Princess Madeleine of Sweden

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What tiara will princess Madelaine of Sweden wear for her wedding ceremony

• 1) Cameo tiara

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • 2) Connaught tiara

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • 3) Baden Fringe Tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 4) Modern Fringe tiara

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • 5) Six Button Tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 6) Four button Tiara

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 7) Laurel Tiara

• 8) Other Tiara

• Total voters
I voted for the Cameo tiara and I hope she will follow the tradition started by Princess Birgitta.

I think the Cameo will be an equivalent the Kediv of Egypt tiara in Denmark (now owned by Queen Anna Maria of Greece), only Princesses in their own right may wear it.

It's more fun that way! Silva was a exception of course! She married the king for goodness sakes!!!

Not very likely but it would be interesting if she wore the amethyst tiara. It is rare to see a colored tiara on a royal bride plus, no Swedish royal has worn that tiara on their wedding day. I don't like the tiara so I hope she won't pick that one. I also hope she won't wear the Modern Fringe tiara as she has worn it so many times.

Last edited:
Not very likely but it would be interesting if she wore the amethyst tiara. It is rare to see a colored tiara on a royal bride plus, no Swedish royal has worn that tiara on their wedding day. I don't like the tiara so I hope she won't pick that one. I also hope she won't wear the Modern Fringe tiara as she has worn it so many times.

Interesting idea! Kind of like it -but I too am my a fan of the diadem.

I don't like the tiara's that seem to float above the head or where you can clearly see the supporting system like the amethyst, the six button and the modern fringe.
IMO the Connaught tiara and the fringe tiara are the most beautiful in the swedish collection. And I think Madeleine also looked good with the four button tiara.
But I think she will go with the tradition of wearing the cameo.

I opted for the Cameo Tiara merely out of its Swedish Royal wedding tradition but perhaps Princess Madeleine might not follow this tradition.

I think she will follow tradition with the cameo.

I think the laurel or amethyst would suit her better though. Or if she is to wear one she has worn before, then the Connaught.

I voted for the Cameo tiara for Madeleine beacuse i think this is the one she will wear on the wedding day - but i would much prefer her to wear the connaught tiara with a lace-gown.

I think the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure and will be very happy if she does. I hope that Crownprincess Victoria will wear a new to hear tiara, most of all the Estelle parure (IF the rumours are true that they have bought it), but otherwise the Ruby tiara, the Connaught tiara or the Nine-prong tiara (together with the pink-topaz or emerald demi-parure :D)

Would love to see Sofia (C-P girlfriend) in the four-button or Victorias small (first) or Madeleins aquamarine tiara, but that´s maybe not very likely. But it is VERY likely that they get engaged before this year ends imo.

I voted for the Cameo tiara for Madeleine beacuse i think this is the one she will wear on the wedding day - but i would much prefer her to wear the connaught tiara with a lace-gown.

I think the Queen will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure and will be very happy if she does. I hope that Crownprincess Victoria will wear a new to hear tiara, most of all the Estelle parure (IF the rumours are true that they have bought it), but otherwise the Ruby tiara, the Connaught tiara or the Nine-prong tiara (together with the pink-topaz or emerald demi-parure :D)

Would love to see Sofia (C-P girlfriend) in the four-button or Victorias small (first) or Madeleins aquamarine tiara, but that´s maybe not very likely. But it is VERY likely that they get engaged before this year ends imo.

What is Estelle's parure? What does this look like?

Also, because they are not married yet, I don't believe that Sofia will be wearing any tiaras on her head, unless CP purchases on for her. Then again, perhaps the king will change the rules now that a possible engagement is on the horizon... Don't see that however, as the press and coverage of her in a tiara would distract from the lady of the day! Not cool! It's Madeleine's day!!!

What is Estelle's parure? What does this look like?

Also, because they are not married yet, I don't believe that Sofia will be wearing any tiaras on her head, unless CP purchases on for her. Then again, perhaps the king will change the rules now that a possible engagement is on the horizon... Don't see that however, as the press and coverage of her in a tiara would distract from the lady of the day! Not cool! It's Madeleine's day!!!

It's a pink tourmaline parure that once belonged to Countess Estelle Bernadotte, wife of Folke Bernadotte. Some time ago it was rumoured that the king had bought it back from her children but there is no confirmation yet.

If Carl Philip and Sofia are not engaged at the wedding day it's unlikely that she will wear any royal jewel. However does someone know if Prince Carl Philip inherited Princess Lilians tiara ?
If he did Sofia might very well turn up in it as then it's not belonging to the royal family but is Carl Philips private property

I voted 'Other' because I (still) want her to wear the other Connaught tiara, the ruby heartshapped one. That was my vote for her previous wedding too.

The Connaught or the Modern Fringe would be nice. I don't want to see the Cameo just because Victoria wore it just a few years ago for her wedding.

Maybe Chris will have a tiara made especially for Madeline.

The Connaught or the Modern Fringe would be nice. I don't want to see the Cameo just because Victoria wore it just a few years ago for her wedding.

Maybe Chris will have a tiara made especially for Madeline.

I also like the tiaras mentioned above, they look great on Madeleine!
Chris would have the resources to give her a new,special tiara and I am sure that they would make something lovely for her,
but if she uses a Family-heirloom tiara I hope for the Connaught !
The Modern fringe is absolutely stunning,but she has worn it many times before and I would wish that she picks something that has been less in use,something more special for her wedding day:D

I seriously hope she doesn't wear the cameo tiara. I love the amethyst tiara on her. She always looks beautiful when she wears it.

I'm also going to wager for a long shot - Princess Lillian's Laurel Wreath Tiara.

I have my doubts about her wearing the Connaught tiara at the wedding as she has already worn it to Victoria's wedding. I think the choice will really be between the Cameo, the modern fringe, and a new tiara for her.

I have my doubts about her wearing the Connaught tiara at the wedding as she has already worn it to Victoria's wedding. I think the choice will really be between the Cameo, the modern fringe, and a new tiara for her.

Actually, I think it really does make sense for Madeleine to be given a new tiara at her wedding, and slowly a separate pool of jewels be built up for her, quite like Princess Margaret in the UK.

I hope Madeleine will wear the Modern Fringe Tiara, it's so stunning and it looks very good on her. It'll suit her head much better than the Cameo Tiara. I have never been a fan of the Cameo, the only person I've really liked it on was Crown Princess Margareta. There's just too much to look at.

I am hoping that she won't wear the Modern Fringe tiara. She has worn it so often and I don't think it is all that special. We shall soon find out!

I am hoping that she won't wear the Modern Fringe tiara. She has worn it so often and I don't think it is all that special. We shall soon find out!

Same! I want to see something different if it is not the traditional cameo!

I would be shocked if she wore anything other than the Cameo, since both her mother and sister wore it. By the way, will the wedding be broadcast in the USA?

I think exactly the same, I hope that the next who wears the Cameo Tiara, is princess Estelle.
I was thinking about that since she announced her engagement. I love the Cameo Tiara but I was hoping for something different. But so far she's following tradition so I would guess she would be wearing the Cameo.

I can't wait to see that wedding gown!!!!!

Maybe she will shock everyone and not wear a tiara at all.

That would be shocking indeed!

But Madeleine is used to wearing tiaras. She has tried out many different tiaras, has played around with different ways to wear them. I see no sign that she dislikes wearing tiaras that much. That’s why I’m convinced that she will proudly wear a special tiara on her special day.

Cameo can be choosed just by reason that it's wedding tiara not only for Viktoria but also for Sylvia. But Cameo doesn't suit to Madleine type of beauty. She's more princess from fairytale.
I like Connaught but it's was already used on Viki's wedding.
Maybe Modern Fringe......but i guess this tiara is too-often-weared to bee choosen for wedding

Guess she'll choose some original ....Maybe even amethyst.....as we can judge by the color of flowers)))))))))))

It is pretty much expected of her -a princess -to wear a tiara... It is highly unlikely that she will be without a tiara on her wedding day tomorrow!

It's official, Madeleine is wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara!

It's official, Madeleine is wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara!

I'm sad that she didn't. But what I don't get... The people who are celebrating! I don't see how the tiara should be set aside for future queens only if that is what the excitement is about!

That is all I am saying!

Back
Top Bottom