The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-30-2006, 04:44 AM
Commoner

What publications contain the tiara's which Danjel used to display? Googling takes a long time, so it would be nice to have a book to look at. I already have the Munn and Scarsdale? book. Any others? Other publications? I would like to view the jewels in a modern setting, since the old, dark prints do not show detail well, at least to my eyes. I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks

Old 06-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

When is Danjels' website going to be back up?

Old 06-21-2006, 08:16 AM

Danjel's Site

I don't believe Danjel's will be up again, the copyright problems due to use of photos from agencies will not disappear, if anything, they will be stricter.

At the risk of also shutting the few pages that are still available online, I would suggest you try a search on specific items, some pages are still online and with pics, but just a couple of them.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Here a site about the dutch royal jewels: http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/
Old 07-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

A beautiful site about siamese jewels: http://www.geocities.com/threeb.rm/royaljewels.html
Old 09-10-2006, 07:12 PM

My first post

This is my first post. I'm a big fan of 16th and 17th English and French history. I don't know too much about the modern royals, but I surely do love their jewelry. Expecially the tiaras, wish I could wear one everyday.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Administrator

Glenn's Danish Royal Jewels site has been revamped and has a new address: http://www.slaikjaer.org/
Old 03-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Glenn's Danish Royal Jewels site has been revamped and has a new address: http://www.slaikjaer.org/

I just went to that site, and if you click on a person's name, you're taken to a new page...but that's it. It has a list of things like tiaras, earrings, brooches...but you can't click on anything.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Glenn's site must still be a 'work in progress'. I'm sure patience will be rewarded.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I'm just glad to have another royal jewels site to look at--at the web design is great!

Old 06-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I've just found it (on Spanish)

SOLO TIARAS Y DIADEMAS II
Old 11-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Lots of wonderful jewels!

This is a new site about royal and aristocratic jewels listed on Brigitte's site.
It looks like it's going to grow into a wonderful site!
I like this Royal Magazin site most of all, I think. Danjel's site is the only one which compares to it in terms of having the best information. The Royal Jewels of the World blog is great too because you can see the latest wears next to the past wears, all together, very nice. Well, I guess these three sites I mentioned are my favorite sources to go to when I need info. on the jewels fast. The Royal Collection for the British jewels are nice too, but obviously they don't show everything...mostly the "biggies" like George IV Diadem and Vladimir Tiara, the Coronation Necklace, the State Crown.
I made a Mac group, in case any of my fellow Mac-user members are interested: Chewster Castle Jewels I have no idea if you need a mac membership to join or see the group. Of course I have this, but I never tested it without. There is a group homepage though it doesn't have much yet, and I think to see it you must be a group member....
Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Danjel's site is no longer accessable. It's been closed.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Glenn's site must still be a 'work in progress'. I'm sure patience will be rewarded.
It's progressing - you can now use some of the Queen's links, none for Mary yet
Alex has one tiara link
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Nobility

A new site with two albums. One is full of wonderful jewels and another one contains magazin covers with various royals. It is a a site set up by a Chinese girl. But I believe you will have not much problem surfing it.

Enjoy. _
Old 07-01-2008, 04:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
It's progressing - you can now use some of the Queen's links, none for Mary yet
Alex has one tiara link
Progressing still further (slowly ), there are more tiara pictures, and I was wondering, and maybe be I should be asking this in the House of fashion come to think of it, but I'll try here first: Does anyone know when or to what event Benedikt wore this dress? I'd love to track down more pictures of it.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Here a site about the dutch royal jewels: http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/
This website has moved to www.royaldutchjewels.nl

Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know what happened to Magnolia's wonderful website? I know there used to be problems getting onto it at times, but it's just stopped working completely a while ago, so I wondered if anyone knew why, or where it might have been relocated, if it has...
Old 12-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

a recap of christmas and other postcards sent by royal families can be seen here
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe you know it:
Famous Gemstones of the World-Internet Stones.COM