Unidentified, Mystery and Lost Royal Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In what year were the Irish Crown Jewels last seen?

They were stolen from Dublin Castle in 1907 and have never been recovered .

The Russian royal family had the best jewels in the monarchy correct? I read other royal houses envied their jewels.

Isn't it the bandeau oft he Empress Maria Feodorovna, but partially hidden in the hair of the princess?

Queen Maud of Norway received a lot of jewels to her wedding in 1896. One of them was a double riviere necklace of diamonds and rubies. Where is this necklace today? There is no photo of it. Kind of strange, because this was the most prominent gift. It was the gift from the Queen Victoria. It must have been dismantled and reused or sold. Queen Sonja don't have any ruby jewels today. And the rubies of Princess Astrid, they come from another gift to Queen Maud, an Aigrette, earrings and a brooch. Did it disappear when it was stored at Windsor from Maud's death from 1938 until Crown Prince Olav got the jewels back in 1953? Or did Maud not like it from the beginning?

Queen Alexandra was Princess Alexandra of Denmark when she wed Albert Edward, Prince of Wales in 1863. One of her wedding gifts was the Rundell Tiara. The Rundell Tiara was inherited by Princess Victoria, Alexandra's daughter. Did not Princess Victoria bequeath the tiara to either of her nieces: Princess Alexandra, 2nd Duchess of Fife or Princess Maud, Countess of Southesk?
This replica looks similar to the Rundell Tiara.

Lost, Missing, or Hidden Jewels

I am new to the forums but not new to the subject matter. I have been making a list of jewels I notice in paintings in the UK's Royal Collection. It's a young list yet. Your additions would be most welcome and appreciated.

The names on the tiaras' list are my own. I'm sure there will be those among you who can identify them by their actual name.

1. Hanoverian Lovers' Knot (reference RCIN 405098, pinned https://pin.it/7aOlx4C)
  2. Prussian Bandeau (reference RCIN 405104, pinned https://pin.it/6vM3ULX)
  3. Ansbach Diadem (reference RCIN 406035, pinned https://pin.it/3c0tJdo)
  4. Queen Mary's Snowman Tiara (reference RCIN 407415, pinned https://pin.it/7xti4Oq)
  5. Princess Anne's missing tiara, aka "pearl bandeau" according to the Court Jeweller (pinned https://pin.it/2PB9WPA & also see 1 & 2 in second list for better images)

Further references:

I believe the poster(s) hinted that there were some financial issues, related to tax? But I suppose they should have been resolved in 3 decades.

The taxes had been paid in the beginning of nineties
through the land of the Tatoi that HM gave to the finance ministry

A diadem, a bracelet, and a necklace of the Romanov crown jewels have not been traced.

If the tiara was left to Princess Victoria (Queen Alex’s second daughter), who never married, then it’s odds on imo that it (if it was entire at that time) ultimately ended up with the Kents, George and Marina, as Prss Victoria was close to them and left them quite a lot of her personal possessions.

As the tiara was very much a mid-Victorian piece (early 1860s) regardless of who made it, and Marina was never seen in it, then it could well have been broken up for either Victoria or Marina and the stones made into fashionable clips, earrings, necklace, bracelets etc in the 1930s. That’s my guess anyway

If the tiara was left to Princess Victoria (Queen Alex’s second daughter), who never married, then it’s odds on imo that it (if it was entire at that time) ultimately ended up with the Kents, George and Marina, as Prss Victoria was close to them and left them quite a lot of her personal possessions.

As the tiara was very much a mid-Victorian piece (early 1860s) regardless of who made it, and Marina was never seen in it, then it could well have been broken up for either Victoria or Marina and the stones made into fashionable clips, earrings, necklace, bracelets etc in the 1930s. That’s my guess anyway

I have have bever read before that it was left to the Kent's but rather that Princess Victoria disposed it off

I have have bever read before that it was left to the Kent's but rather that Princess Victoria disposed it off

Quite right. The Hugh Roberts book, The Queen's Diamonds, confirmed that Princess Victoria disposed it off.

That's a fascinating video. Mary must surely have had one of the bigger jewelry collections in history.

Are the jewels of Queen Marie Antoinette of France, lost during the French Revolution, buried beneath the Money Pit?

What happens withe the ottoman jewels? We know.that every ottoman princess have tiaras. At the exile they sold all. Anyone know who build the tiaras?
They were forced to liquidate because the government wouldn’t allow them to keep properties in Turkey so they sold their jewels. The sultan arranged for a sale of some jewels but it was intercepted by a seller who gave the money to the Young Turk movement.

Where is Queen Maud of Norway's stolen Pearl Tiara?

The Queen Maud's tiara was stolen when it was for cleaning by Garrards . But the others ?

Back
Top Bottom