Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry's wife will likely have a less substantial tiara than Kate's, particularly when Kate is Princess of Wales. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up with the Lover's Knot tiara and another one or two of that size, and Harry's wife wears something smaller.

Harry's wife will likely have a less substantial tiara than Kate's, particularly when Kate is Princess of Wales. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up with the Lover's Knot tiara and another one or two of that size, and Harry's wife wears something smaller.

How does someone decide what is less substantial? After all the scroll is quite small already. If Harry's wife gets anything smaller it won't be there. Tiaras shouldn't be awarded by size=rank. Otherwise they would never make anyone happy.

Besides Harry's wife deserves something based on who she is not in comparison to Kate. Kate after all doesn't decide who get the jewels. The Queen does and let's not forget that she gave Sophie two tiaras. One of a fairly good size.

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of engagement ring Harry will give his wife. Will it be old or new.

If it is old then I vote for the eternity band. Then again it can't be resized. I also think that Diana wore a lot of costume jewelry so there doesn't appear to be a lot o options. Harry could design a ring using the diamonds or stones from one of Diana's ring but a new creation so it would still be unique. If it is new then I hope it is a new design. While I think that Autumn's and Sophie's rings are nice the designs have been seen before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could picture her wearing the Teck Moon tiara.

Here is what I can picture her wearing:

The Scroll Tiara

The Teck Moon Tiara

Sapphire Bandeau

These are not serious guesses just for fun.

I can't picture her wearing a lot of tiaras or very big one's since she is not going to be a wife of a heir.

This may be a stretch, but I'd love to see the Strathmore Rose tiara brought out of drydock, restored and given to Harry's wife to wear. It's not an overwhelming piece and given what may be in the vaults that we have no clue exists, it might not be economically feasible for it to be repaired when others are ready to be worn. But as a tiara belonging to the Queen Mother and with great provenance, it would be nice to see it refurbished and adorning the future Princess Henry.

Strathmore is also my wish, beautiful and delicate tiara. But who knows, maybe Harry will marry young noble girl and she';; wear family's tiara.

IloveCP said:
Here is what I can picture her wearing...
It would be so lovely to see these works of art again, but I hazard a guess we've seen the last of them! Since Queen Mary passed away we have hardly seen them at all! And the Strathmore Rose tiara would have been worn by Princess Margaret or passed to the Queen - it is now confined to its case to tarnish.
The young princesses like the Duchess of Cambridge do not seem interested in the antique pieces.
The scroll tiara was worn by the Duchess of Cambridge so is unlikely to be used again.
Such a shame!

I wonder what Harry's future wife's wedding tiara will be. I really hope it's not the Scroll tiara! It may be unlikely, but the Teck Moon tiara and the Strathmore tiara would be great wedding tiaras for her.

I wonder what Harry's future wife's wedding tiara will be. I really hope it's not the Scroll tiara! It may be unlikely, but the Teck Moon tiara and the Strathmore tiara would be great wedding tiaras for her.

Not to forget ...
Depending on her background she might prefer to use a family heirloom ;-)

Not to forget ...
Depending on her background she might prefer to use a family heirloom ;-)
I know that we shouldn't expect an immediate engagement between Harry and Cressida, they have been dating for only a couple of months.

But just for fun: afaik Cressida's mother is a daughter of the 6th earl of Howe. Is it known whether the family still owns a tiara? The with of the 5th earl wore rather interesting fringe tiara.

6th Earl Howe died in 1984 and was succeeded by his 2nd cousin - not sure how close the family is now.

6th Earl Howe died in 1984 and was succeeded by his 2nd cousin - not sure how close the family is now.
Yes, that is a good point. But the tiara (if he still owned one) might not have been inherited by the next earl, but by one of his daughters.

Are there any wedding pics of the Curzon ladies?

Yes, that is a good point. But the tiara (if he still owned one) might not have been inherited by the next earl, but by one of his daughters.

Are there any wedding pics of the Curzon ladies?

If there is family jewellery (for example, something like the SPencer tiara) then is is usual for that to be inherited by the heir. He may lend it out for a wedding (and certainly a royal wedding) but it would still be his property.

You may see a new tiara emerge for Harry's wife - either something purchased (as with Sarah) or cobbled together from existing elements (like Sophie).

Maybe Charles might buy one for her? He's not averse to spending significant sums on jewellery.

Otherwise, if she doesn't have her own, I assume HM will give her the option of a few of the smaller pieces in the vaults as a loan.

The Howe Diamond Fringe Tiara
made 1883, possibly sold

Attachments

• Howe Fringe Tiara 1883.jpg
    Howe Fringe Tiara 1883.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3,635
^^^^^
Not terribly attractive. Looks like 2 mismatched tiaras cobbled together, like one of the Spencer tiaras.

^^^^^
Not terribly attractive. Looks like 2 mismatched tiaras cobbled together, like one of the Spencer tiaras.
I quite like it when worn by the 6th countess in the 1920s fashion.
Mary Howe (née Curzon), Countess Howe -- by Bassano -- High quality art prints, framed prints, canvases -- Art on Demand Portraits
I also found this picture on flickr. Can anybody identify the couple? It very much looks like the Howe fringe tiara.
800FawbsC100 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

:previous:
I think that is Lady Sarah Curzon, sister of the 6th Earl Howe (the one called Edward), and Piers Courage, who was a formula 1 racing driver. He was killed in 1970 at Zandvoort

She later married John Aspinall. That makes her Mary-Gayes aunt.

Is it just me or does Cressida resemble her...like a lot?!!! Whoooo

I think it sits weird. It's very tall and I don't if even some big hair could hide this bad boy. Maybe not hide but make it not look so...tall? I can't explain it right. Still I think it's a pretty tiara nonetheless.

Oh I do so love when family actually resembles one another and act as lovely model for us. It looks nice on her. If a bit tall...

A veil that looks less like a curtain, a different angle of the tiara and slightly bigger hair might give a potential bride a very nice and contemporary look. I do like the base of the tiara, it gives the fringe a really unique look. If only we knew who really owns this beauty these days.

The wedding was in 1966 - sad they were only married for 4 years (2 children, boys). I supposed tracking family weddings from that date might help.

The Howe Diamond Fringe Tiara
made 1883, possibly sold

Thank you for the picture Warren, but as much as it pains me to say it about any tiara...it's just dreadful together like that! Not that it would stop me from wearing it 24/7.

There has to be some way the two tiaras come apart, right? It clearly is two pieces.

Here is what I can picture her wearing:

The Scroll Tiara

The Teck Moon Tiara

Sapphire Bandeau

These are not serious guesses just for fun.

I can't picture her wearing a lot of tiaras or very big one's since she is not going to be a wife of a heir.

I am not familiar with any of these ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom