Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
remember that many of the royal ladies have avoided the Teck tiara because its base is uncomfortably wide. I dunno if we'll be seeing it on any young brides too soon--it takes more substantial hairstyles to support it.

:)I know--it is a wide tiara that needs a big hairdo. I'd hate to see it broken up, though, because no one wants to wear it. The Duchess of Cornwall could pull that thing off, though.

Tiaras for the future wife of Prince Harry

what tiara will be given to the future wife of Harry?

i think that maybe a new tiara like the queen did for Fergie in 1986 which was young and modern. whoever marries Harry will be in the same position as she was then and as william's wife will get all the historic jewels from the crown collection it would be nice for harry's wife to get something new that would always be her own

Good point, but The Countess of Wessex received a very royal tiara (well, made from very royal pieces) for a wedding gift so we don't really know what will happen.
I'd like to see that old scroll tiara reappear, and the Strathmore Rose tiara, too. But, I read somewhere that the STrathmore is in bad shape and needs resetting.

:)I know--it is a wide tiara that needs a big hairdo. I'd hate to see it broken up, though, because no one wants to wear it. The Duchess of Cornwall could pull that thing off, though.

It's too bad. I really like the Teck Crescent very much. But I admit sometimes I have unpopular likes. I swear I remember Sarah, Duchess of York wearing this one during her marriage. Am I crazy or did she?

I swear I remember Sarah, Duchess of York wearing this one during her marriage. Am I crazy or did she?
I won't answer the first part of your question directly :D, but to my knowledge the only tiara that Sarah has been pictured wearing is her wedding tiara.

If the Teck had made an appearance someone of this board of obsessed jewel watchers would have seen it! Such a shame, its such an historic piece attached to our beloved Queen Mary

Will William and Harry's brides wear

The Spencer Tiara at the wedding?
I was just thinking it would be a nice tribute to the Spencer side of the family and most brides in the Spencer family have worn this tiara correct?

I think it will also be a fitting tribute to Princess Diana. While I don't hope that they give the engagement ring to a royal bride I think breaking it up and sharing it between the 2 for a fitting royal ring or earrings would be very nice.

What are your thoughts?
Michelle

I just don't want her wedding ring given to the girls, I just see that ring as bad luck, the tiara though is a nice idea.

yes it would be nice if they could wear the Spencer tiara as William and Harry are half Spencers but i just cant image it happening

I would be surprised if the girls ever wear the Spencer tiara. The boys dont really see themselves as Spencers, and there is plenty of Windsor jewellery available for them to use. I think William's wife will be given a substantial and historic tiara, whilst Harry's will probably get a new tiara - just like was done with Diana and Sarah.

I also dont think that Diana's engagement ring should be reused as an engagement ring for either of the girls. Diana did not really have the most happy married life, so the connection really should not be played up. Also, why create such an obvious and public connection? The girls will have a lot to cope with when they enter royal life, without being compared (any more than they unfortunately will be) with Diana

I think the general consensus is that the Spencer tiara will most likely not be seen on the head of one of the brides of William or Harry. While both men are obviously half-Spencer, the family ties are not strong on that side of the family, and Diana's name is so shadowed on both ends that using the Spencer tiara would be virtually impossible as well as an injustice. I'm definitely in accord with what the rest of you are saying: William's wife will probably get a BRF tiara passed down to her if Charles is King by then, or else have a tiara commissioned for her personal use. I suspect the same thing will happen for Harry's future bride, she'll most likely receive one as a wedding gift.

I also agree about Diana's engagement ring...that was Diana's engagement ring, and while it would be a charming tribute to her memory, either bride of William or Harry deserves her own ring. Maybe one or both of the boys will follow in their grandfather's footsteps and take an interest in jewelry design :)

But you know what would be simply delightful? If there's any substance left of the Welsh gold nugget that was used to create the wedding rings for the past few Queen(s)/consorts, that it could be used for one or both of the boys' brides.

The Albatross

To be honest, I don't think any royal bride would want to wear the Spencer Tiara, even if it were offered. More that any other thing, that Tiara personifies Diana. It is frozen in time along with the image of her wedding.

Picture if you will, William or Harry's beautiful and beloved bride walking up the aisle on the arm of her father, the groom watching from the front of the Cathedral, joy beaming from his face (maybe even a tear a la Prince Frederik) meanwhile the BBC commentator goes into raptures as he/she espies The Tiara under the veil and rapsodises about how wonderful it looked on Lady Diana on her wedding day, and, oh the bride is taking the groom's hand, and oh, once again I really must say how wonderful and symbolic the tiara is under the veil, and how magnificent it will look when the veil is lifted, oh and what's that, they're exchanging the rings . . . . very soon we will have our first look at "Diana's" Tiara, oh, what was the bride's name again? :ROFLMAO:

Forget it! Never happen! Those brides will wear something wonderful and perhaps (if we are really lucky) something historic from the vaults. Something that will be "their own" for as long as they live or divorce. :D

I quite agree with MARG--the scenario she set up is an eerily accurate indication of what it could be like--and God Forbid that Camilla is at the wedding because then we would hear something like: "And there sits Queen Camilla/Princess Consort Camilla, who must be remembering the day so many years ago when Diana walked this aisle, and that marriage ended so badly. I wonder what Camilla is thinking now" and then they forget all about the actual wedding taking place, yada yada yada....
I don't know about tiaras for William and Harry's wives--there are certainly a lot there, but Queen Mary really gave a substantial amount of pieces away (of course, they were hers to do with as she wished) but that Iveagh tiara is such a nice size...
Anyway, perhaps we will see that delightful scroll tiara re-emerge, or the Fantasy Mystery tiara which Princess Anne wore in that portrait, or the Nizm of Hyberadad tiara, or perhaps the Cambridge Lover's Knot--that would be a nice wedding tiara, but perhaps a bit of the same issue as the Spencer.

Truer words were never spoken MARG. William's wife will have enough comparisons to Diana without having to have that hanging over her head. Once again, I would like to submit my vote for the Strathmore Rose. Surely, they will take my wishes into consideration. ;)

Truer words were never spoken MARG. William's wife will have enough comparisons to Diana without having to have that hanging over her head. Once again, I would like to submit my vote for the Strathmore Rose. Surely, they will take my wishes into consideration. ;)

Kimebear - It would be absolutely foolish for the ruling monarch to not take into account your wishes as to what tiara should be given to the wives of William and Harry. My own personal view is that Harry's wife may probably end up with a new tiara, and the Strathmore rose may languish for a bit longer. That said, if the monarch did decide to let Harry'swife have an old tiara, this is certainly a strong contender - as its royal history is limited.

I also think it is so suitable for a young lady. Unfortunately, I have heard rumors that it is not in the best of shape. I hope this isn't true. I have a hard time believing that HM would not take good care of her mother's tiara. That being said, when the time comes, I'll make sure to watch my phone to see if Buckingham Palace comes up on my caller ID :rolleyes:

I have heard that the Strathmore is badly tarnished and in serious need to repair--which is a shame, but the piece was quite old when the Earl gave it to the Queen Mother as a wedding gift. I had always thought that the roses would make wonderful brooches if they were detachable.
Now, that we are talking about it, I am having trouble determining which tiaras would be serious contenders for William's wife--as she will need an historic tiara. The more I think about it, the more the selection for potential wedding tiaras seems a little sparse--which sounds so odd when you think about QEII's collection!

Keep in mind that her first tiara will serve two purposes: it will be her bridal tiara and quite possibly, for a time, her only tiara. For the first it has to be relatively lightweight and comfortable, and for the second it has to be something suitably regal as befitting the wife of a future King. Chances are it won't be one of the tiaras that HM favours to wear herself, and it won't be a tiara that is earmarked for the next Consort (ie Camilla) to wear. That reduces the choices considerably, so I'd suggest we may be looking at a lesser-known tiara, or something dusted off from those fabled and capacious vaults.

As an aside, it's interesting to note the different perspectives of the same event: some members are eagerly anticipating William's marriage because a royal wedding is the stuff of fantasy; others are looking forward to the wedding to see if the bride will surprise them with a long-unseen royal treasure. Or to put it another way: some eyes will be keenly examining the dress, while others will be focussed on what is sparkling under the tulle. :D

some members are eagerly anticipating William's marriage because a royal wedding is the stuff of fantasy;

Oh, Warren, that sounds ominous and all too reminescent of 1981. :ohmy:

But I think you make some good points -- light and probably lesser known/less visible.

I still think the long-unseen scroll tiara (worn by QEQM, Princess Margaret, and Princess Anne) is a serious contender. It appears to be lightweight, is composed of all diamonds (meaning it goes with everything for future events), and has royal connections but not a strong royal history. It would also look lovely with a veil.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/633776-post5.html

Perhaps a fringe tiara will show up; Queen Mary had a narrow one, there's the one QEII and Anne wore for their weddings, and I think there may be another one floating around.

That scroll tiara is beautiful. It's youthful enough for a bride but majestic enough for a princess. I suppose it's still in the Queen's collection even though Princess Margaret wore it so frequently?

I think you are so right, the scroll tiara would be perfect. Its smaller for a new princess but packs a lot of punch, I had forgotten about that piece. GREAT THINKING!!

I would love to see William's bride wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara. It would be nice to see another future Queen Consort wear it on her wedding day.

I think we could be entering a new "Golden Age". The Queen set the tone by changing her whole look after the death of the Queen Mum. Where before she was a little staid and conservative, she has entered her second "White" wardrobe for gala events and we are now treated to fabulous parures a la the State Banquet for the French President. She has also gifted the use of two fabulous historically significant tiaras (and not a few diamond necklaces and earrings) for her daughter-in-law Camilla.

That being the case, what wonders will she unearth from the vaults for William and Harry's brides? Somehow I think she is going to "go large". Nothing so discreet as to be insignificant here I think, rather something really amazing and, if we are really lucky, historic.

As an aside, we hear reports that the York Princesses are to start "working for the firm" and if that is so . . . well then, even more goodies. :D

Somehow I think she is going to "go large". Nothing so discreet as to be insignificant here I think, rather something really amazing and, if we are really lucky, historic.

MARG, do you mean large as in size or large as in degree of grandeur? Because while I definitely could see the Queen bestowing tiaras with significant amounts of sparkle and glam to any future young princesses, I can't see either of the current royal girlfriends pulling off some of the rather big tiaras that Camilla has worn, like the Delhi Durbar or the Boucheron. They just don't have the hair for it, I don't think, as Camilla does. (Though that's not to say that their eventual royal brides, whoever they may be, won't.)

I am totally with you on hoping for something historic, though. If the Queen would part with the Girls of Great Britain tiara, I think that one would be perfect for a young royal bride. But I'm not sure that she would.

. . . . do you mean large as in size or large as in degree of grandeur?
Degree of grandeur and hopefully history.
Ella Kay said:
. . . . I can't see either of the current royal girlfriends pulling off some of the rather big tiaras . .
Quite right, nor even a small one. Niether has the quantity "X" required for that. Strangely I don't see it as a question of age as Princess Mary managed to pull of the entire Queen Desiree Ruby Parure before the wedding, which would make her in her late 20's?

But, and this is a punt, we have only seen them with long hair. Neither seems to have the self-confidence it takes for an "updo" let alone a tiara, but we may yet be surprised.

I would love to see HM the Queen surprise us. I think there are still a few of Q Mary's mysterious bandeaus in the vaults, perhaps one of those would suit the elegence and simplicity of a modern royal bride. I would hate to see anything too heavy-looking, especially for the wedding ceremony.

But, and this is a punt, we have only seen them with long hair. Neither seems to have the self-confidence it takes for an "updo" let alone a tiara, but we may yet be surprised.

So true, MARG -- and Kate Middleton's certainly got enough hair to pull off an elegant updo. Perhaps she (or whoever William does end up marrying) will surprise us and wear royal jewels with as much panache as the Duchess of Cornwall has over the last few years. Kate's simple and classic clothing choices might lend themselves well to some major sparkly accessories. :)

Queen Mary did have this delighful diamond bandeau referred to as the "Lozenge" tiara. I dont' have a pic, but it would make a lovely first tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom