Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...

LaRae
Unfortunately regardless of when Harry gets engage and to whom, comparasions will be made between the two ladies engagement rings.
When Charles and Andrew became engaged clusters rings were all the rage and 'blah blah' was the name of the game.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eM2xA7gx0vo/UQsRpf8t6pI/AAAAAAAATUE/UXUcIPGJlU4/s400/_Diana.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNq4FIFOBoc/UQsgIlxL7NI/AAAAAAAATYs/rqYtoKVVNVc/s400/_Sarah.jpg

I'm no jewelry expert - but the emeralds in the choker appear to be cabochons and most engagement rings feature faceted stones. Emeralds would be lovely, though I doubt any official Royal stones would be used as they will pass out of the core family and down Harry's line & ultimately might end up sold as has happened w/ some of the ancillary branches of the family.
Charles enjoys gifting jewelry, so it's possible Diana had some pieces he gave her that now belong to William and/or Harry.
To summarize QEII male sons/grandsons engagement ring choices:
Diana's sapphire ring was a new purchase.
Catherine's engagement ring was Diana's sapphire ring.
Sarah's ruby ring was a new purchase. (Margaret's ring was a ruby too.)
Sophie's diamond ring was a new purchase.
Autumns diamond ring was a new purchase.
Charles gifted Camilla w/ one of the Queen Mum's diamond rings.
All that said, it's a bit early to be speculating about which stone a future ring might contain - but I can't wait to start wedding tiara speculation when the time comes for Harry's future bride & his cousins the York's.
Guess I'll see myself out & head over to the Royal jewelry threads to get my fix:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Unfortunately regardless of when Harry gets engage and to whom, comparasions will be made between the two ladies engagement rings.
When Charles and Andrew became engaged clusters rings were all the rage and 'blah blah' was the name of the game.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eM2xA7gx0vo/UQsRpf8t6pI/AAAAAAAATUE/UXUcIPGJlU4/s400/_Diana.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNq4FIFOBoc/UQsgIlxL7NI/AAAAAAAATYs/rqYtoKVVNVc/s400/_Sarah.jpg

Oh too right...people are so annoying.

LaRae

I'm no jewelry expert - but the emeralds in the choker appear to be cabochons and most engagement rings feature faceted stones. Emeralds would be lovely, though I doubt any official Royal stones would be used as they will pass out of the core family and down Harry's line & ultimately might end up sold as has happened w/ some of the ancillary branches of the family.
Charles enjoys gifting jewelry, so it's possible Diana had some pieces he gave her that now belong to William and/or Harry.
To summarize QEII male sons/grandsons engagement ring choices:
Diana's sapphire ring was a new purchase.
Catherine's engagement ring was Diana's sapphire ring.
Sarah's ruby ring was a new purchase. (Margaret's ring was a ruby too.)
Sophie's diamond ring was a new purchase.
Autumns diamond ring was a new purchase.
Charles gifted Camilla w/ one of the Queen Mum's diamond rings.
All that said, it's a bit early to be speculating about which stone a future ring might contain - but I can't wait to start wedding tiara speculation when the time comes for Harry's future bride & his cousins the York's.
Guess I'll see myself out & head over to the Royal jewelry threads to get my fix:ROFLMAO:

Love Camilla's ring...I'd take that kind of 'hand me down' ring any day!

I am glad Diana's ring was used. It's quite pretty and the sentimental value for her boys must be high...can't imagine one of them not using it.

I can only imagine the rings in the royal vaults that haven't seen the light of day in years....would be neat to see one of those used.

I love going over to the jewelry threads...tons of pretty things to look at!

LaRae

I will patiently wait for an announcement. But I do wish them both the best whether they marry each other or not.

Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...

LaRae

Mark gave Anne an engagement ring with a Sapphire center stone, and that didn't stop Charles and Diana from 'copying' by picking a sapphire ring. Did the media harp on that in 1981, like the fuss they made over Andrew choosing a cluster?

Totally different atmosphere today than 1981. Everything is very different. The media has much more info nowdays and of course they are really good and making things up.

LaRae

Diana also owned a beautiful large aquamarine ring and an emerald and diamond ring that she occasionally wore instead of her engagement ring both before and after her divorce. Diana's Rings The aquamarine ring is stunning, if a big large for everyday wear.

Diana also owned a beautiful large aquamarine ring and an emerald and diamond ring that she occasionally wore instead of her engagement ring both before and after her divorce. Diana's Rings The aquamarine ring is stunning, if a big large for everyday wear.

I was looking at those earlier today. I'm sure there are a ton of rings in the Royal collection we don't know about too, if Harry wants to go the heirloom route.

My feeling is he will probably have something new created but we'll see

That aquamarine ring is stunning. The boys got all her personal jewelry (wonder who has the eternity band) so it would be possible to see Harry use the aquamarine ring...can't imagine a girl not liking that!

LaRae

That aquamarine ring is stunning. The boys got all her personal jewelry (wonder who has the eternity band) so it would be possible to see Harry use the aquamarine ring...can't imagine a girl not liking that!

LaRae

I hope it gets worn by either Harry's wife or Kate, but aquamarine would be an unusual engagement ring choice for every day. (But still possible!)

Seems like now days I'm seeing more colored stones as engagement rings instead of diamonds so we can hope!!!

LaRae

Yes. Color is quite the trend. If people have the money, it's coloured diamonds, which can be far more expensive than the standard diamond. But other coloured stones have grown very popular.

An aquamarine of that size and quality certainly would make an appropriate engagement ring.

From what I read it is flanked by diamonds from her family. It was a recent piece before her death.
http://www.dianapow.com/jewelry.html

Last edited:
She had some lovely jewelry. I hope we see more of it worn by Catherine and whomever Harry marries...and even Charlotte when she's old enough.

LaRae

LaRae

I thought Harry inherited almost all of Diana's jewelry?
The reasoning was that William would have access to everything in the royal vaults so Diana wanted to balance things a bit.

If Harry did give a ring, I think he'd go with an emerald or possibly a diamond. An aquamarine is a lesser gemstone.

Diana's will is in the public record. You can google it. William and Harry each share it equally

I don't consider that aquamarine to be lesser anything. It's gorgeous!

Yeah I think Skippyboo is right, the boy shared equally...at first (before it all was released, her will) things were said differently but it got cleared up later on.

LaRae

Emerald ring with diamonds would be nice. :flowers:

Emerald ring with diamonds would be nice. :flowers:

It would be beautiful, but emeralds are so easily chipped or broken...not that she will be doing the gardening. For a tiara, I vote for the Strathmore Rose or the Rundell.

It would be beautiful, but emeralds are so easily chipped or broken...not that she will be doing the gardening. For a tiara, I vote for the Strathmore Rose or the Rundell.

According to Hugh Roberts the Rundell no longer exists.

I would love if they took one of the historic necklaces and set them as a tiara. They have some fantastic pieces, add some new bling via an old piece.

How about the oriental circlet? It's a very airy design, and would look great against her dark hair (assuming it's MM).

How about the oriental circlet? It's a very airy design, and would look great against her dark hair (assuming it's MM).

Queen Victoria designated that the oriental circlet must only be worn by Queens. I don't see the BRF breaking that tradition.

Does anyone have a list of tiaras in the BRF that are not on QV's list?

Does anyone have a list of tiaras in the BRF that are not on QV's list?

Most tiaras that are personally owned by Queen Elizabeth II were purchased/ acquired after Queen Victoria's passing. The older pieces from the Victorian age are usually part of the Royal Collection trust.

How about the double meander tiara, only seen once on the Princess Royal decades ago?

The second. Daenerys specifically asked the double meander, which is the second, which belonged to the queen mum.

The first is more commonly referred to as the Greek keY, though it is in a meander style. And it belongs to Anne. I don't see Harry's wife wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom