Tiaras and Jewels Queen Máxima and her Daughters Might Use

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IloveCP

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
United States
Can't wait too see the jewels Maxima will wear when she is Queen! :D

I wonder what tiara Maxima will wear at her husbands installation ceremony. Maybe the Stuart tiara, or the Pearl Button tiara, which is also the same tiara Queen Beatrix wore when she became Queen. Or maybe she will wear the Star version of the Pearl Button tiara (her wedding tiara). She only wore the Star tiara three times so it would be a nice suprise to see it again.

I go for the Holland Diamond aka Stuart...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is atiara she has not worn before. But probably also not to big, to not overshadow her husband. perhaps the Mellerio sapphire tiara as it represnts one of the colours of the dutch flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping MAX lives up to get name and wears the biggest tiara and grandest gown ... Hoping for an Elie Saab moment!

Are queen consorts wearing at the inauguration of their husbands tiaras?

Well, the last time this occurred in the netherlands was in 1849... :flowers:
True. That means Maxima is more or less free to introduce some new traditions and changes.
Personally, I would place my bet on the Stuart Tiara as well; it's as close to a Crown while actually remaining a tiara as possible.

The Stuart tiara is so beautiful and regal...I really hope that´s the one Maxima´ll wear. She hasn´t worn it yet, has she?
Is then the inauguration a tiara event? or is only the queen expected to wear a tiara?

The installation of the Dutch monarch is not a tiara event. The dress code is similar to that of the opening of the Dutch parliament. Only Maxima would wear a tiara, the other ladies will wear hats if previous installations are anything to go by.

I'm of the opinion that the Stuart Tiara was designed to be "impressive/imposing" rather than "pretty." However, I would also like to see high quality close-ups, so I do want Max to wear it at least once.

I would also like to see what she can do with the other two big tiaras in the Dutch collection.

I suppose the ceremony is not set in stone. Máxima can opt for a hat too. I am hoping for the Stuart as well, but somehow I doubt we will see it again (in the last setting at least). It must be very heavy and uncomfortable. Perhaps she will choose the Wurttemberg pearls.

I suppose the ceremony is not set in stone. Máxima can opt for a hat too. I am hoping for the Stuart as well, but somehow I doubt we will see it again (in the last setting at least). It must be very heavy and uncomfortable. Perhaps she will choose the Wurttemberg pearls.
Wasn't the Stuart Tiara renovated some years ago? I'd assume it was made a bit lighter and more comfortable to wear.
Maxima is one of the few people who can pull it off so I really hope we'll see the Stuart during the inauguration.

Wasn't the Stuart Tiara renovated some years ago? I'd assume it was made a bit lighter and more comfortable to wear.
Maxima is one of the few people who can pull it off so I really hope we'll see the Stuart during the inauguration.

Nothing official.One or two royal jewelry experts speculated that they might have decided to alter or break down and reset the parure. But that was just speculation, nothing official. As said, it is very heavy, also the brooch.

A pity that Queen Beatrix has never worn it, not even for an official pitcture. She has only worn a few drops from the brooch as earrings.

My guess is atiara she has not worn before. But probably also not to big, to not overshadow her husband. perhaps the Mellerio sapphire tiara as it represnts one of the colours of the dutch flag.

You might well be right there but Maxima might also wear the the Pearl Button tiara seeing as her mother in law wore at her Investiture Ceremony in 1980.

You might well be right there but Maxima might also wear the the Pearl Button tiara seeing as her mother in law wore at her Investiture Ceremony in 1980.

You know, I thought about that today- I wondered if it was significant that Maxima wore the Pearl button tiara in its original form for the first time just this past week- if she chose it knowing this announcement would soon follow.

I like to think so- it would be a sly wink to the jewelry watchers.

And she hasn't worn the Stuart parure as yet. I'm hoping that one comes out of the the vaults under Queen Maxima.

Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use

Given the recent announcement, I thought it would be useful to have a thread for the discussion

It would be nice if she wore her mother-in-law's wedding tiara at the installation ceremony!

I'm having the mental image of Maxima wearing the full Mellerio Sapphire Parure and it makes me happy. Hopefully the converted necklace can still be worn as a necklace.

Other than that, I can see the Wurtemburg Pearl Tiara (maybe with some of the pearl spikes restored?) and the Stuart Tiara (maybe just once or twice, though).

The enormous Stuart Parure Bow brooch/stomacher worn centrally on a black velvet column dress <3

If this sapphire parure is still in existence with the royal family. I'd love to see at least the necklace. The tiara needs to re-designed for a more modern IMO.

http://i49.tinypic.com/10hu2jp.jpg

Personally, I hope for some never-before-seen or at the very least long-unseen tiaras from the Dutch vaults.
Luckily, Maxima seems to enjoy wearing jewellery and digging out forgotten pieces so here is a hope the trend continues.

The one tiara I really want to see (especially during the Inauguration ceremony) is the Stuart one; granted, it's heavy and uncomfortable but it's so regal!

If this sapphire parure is still in existence with the royal family. I'd love to see at least the necklace. The tiara needs to re-designed for a more modern IMO.

http://i49.tinypic.com/10hu2jp.jpg

Oh no,but this was taken apart long ago...decades ago and is worn by several members of the family in very different ways.It was the sapphire parure,a gift to HM Queen Wilhelmina but as I said,taken apart after her death.

I hope Máxima will wear full Parures for big State Visits (like to or from other monarchies) which Beatrix has never done with the exception of the aquamarines.
I hope to see the entire Stuart parure, the big stomacher from the Mellerio ruby Parure, the necklace from the peackock ruby Parure and other items in the Vault who have not seen the light of the day since ages.

Oh no,but this was taken apart long ago...decades ago and is worn by several members of the family in very different ways.It was the sapphire parure,a gift to HM Queen Wilhelmina but as I said,taken apart after her death.

That's a shame- it was quite lovely.

Back
Top Bottom