Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wymanda

Royal Highness
City
Perth
Country
Australia
What tiara's & other jewels do you think will be worn by the current younger generation in the various european houses?

For HRH Princess Henry of Wales the Strathmore Rose Tiara

Attachments

• Strathmore Rose.jpg
    Strathmore Rose.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,845
HRH Princess Beatrice

Attachments

• Fergiie.jpg
    Fergiie.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,395
ghostly11 said:
What's this one called? It's nice, too.

I don't think it has an actual name per se but it was given, by the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh, to Sarah Ferguson as a wedding gift. It is believed that it was purchased especially for her.

HRH Princess Carl Phillip.

The Edward VII Ruby Tiara. Given to Princess Margaret of Connaught on her wedding by her uncle King Edward VII.

Attachments

• Sweden Ruby.jpg
    Sweden Ruby.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,053
wymanda said:

The Edward VII Ruby Tiara. Given to Princess Margaret of Connaught on her wedding by her uncle King Edward VII.

Ohh, i love that tiara! I would like to see Silvia or Victoria wear it soon, as far as i know Silvia has only worn it once at joakim & alexandras wedding... maybe it is beacuse it has been involved in some controverses (atleast if you belive swedish papers).

who is princess carl philip?
I know what you mean but that is so title like that in sweden she will be princess on her own name if she will have a title and also a duchess

who of the royal ladies will be 18 next and we may see a tiara on?

Which tiaras do you think the young ladies of Europe will wear when it is their time? I'm talking about Ingrid Alexandra, Elisabeth and Catherina-Amalia (apologies if I've left someone out.)

Strathmore Rose Tiara for Prince Harry's Future Wife

I agree that the Strathmore Rose Tiara would be a splendid choice for the future wife of Prince Harry, but it could go to Prince William's future wife also.

rop81 said:
maybe it is beacuse it has been involved in some controverses (atleast if you belive swedish papers).

Do Tell!!!

HRH Princess William of Wales

Attachments

• GGI Tiara.jpg
    GGI Tiara.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,516
wymanda said:
HRH Princess William of Wales

The Queen won't give up the "Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara". That is her favorite Tiara because it is the most lightweight.

How about some of the more creative forum members designing some tiara's for the next generation?

For the future royals, i dont think they will wear very extravagant tiaras and jewellery because isnt the saying "less is more" the current style of today? I dont think they will wear huge and heavy tiaras, just simple ones , just my opinion.

so we have several young ladies that are princesses that we may see wear tiaras when they turn 18

the last young lady that wore her first tiara must be princess theodora she wore a tiara for the first time at the danish royal wedding 2004

we have to look forward to princess alexandra of luxumbourg (how old is she)
or the princesses of belgium princess astrids dughters

but then we have a few very young ladies

princess Amelia
princess alexia
proncess ingrid Alexandra
princess leanor

have i forgotten any
little princess of Japan maybe

do you think the princesses of prince andrew will one day wear tiaras if you do not count on thier wedding day

The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara was a bequest from Queen Mary to The Queen, but it is likely to remain in the Crown Collection, rather than given to a new princess.

I'd love to see the York Princesses wearing something from the Queen Mother, from when she was Duchess of York. There's a few nice ones that aren't overwhelming, and don't have major attachment to British history, but are still gorgeous:)

tiaraprin said:
The Queen won't give up the "Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara". That is her favorite Tiara because it is the most lightweight.
Yes it is a gorgeous tiara but I do see the Queen wearing it a LOT!
Probably William and Harrys wives will get 'wedding tiaras' like the Countess of Wessex and the Duchess of York

wymanda said:

I believe that this ruby tiara has been set aside from Madeleine. I read it from somewhere (can't remember:eek: ) but I'm pretty sure it's not going to go to Carl Philip. I actually really don't like the tiara but I like Madeleine....oh well.:p

I believe that the Hellenic Tiara would pass from Sofía to Leonor, because the diamond flower tiara kind of "belongs" to Cristina because she's the one that uses it almost all the time.

Isn't there a dutch tiara with rubies once wore by Queen Juliana? I would love to see Amalia wearing it

The story goes that according to an uncle or a close relative of King Carl Gustaf The Edward VII Ruby Tiara is actually his. So probably to avoid any further discussion they don't were it.

So if Prince Carl Philip were to marry, which tiara would his wife be given?

HI&RH Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este will turn 18 on the 26th of August this year, will there be a gala??

I'd actually like to see the Royals wearing less extravagant jewellery in the future, I think the era for the really big pieces is slipping away.

Princess Robijn said:
HI&RH Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este will turn 18 on the 26th of August this year, will there be a gala??

I don't think they will have a gala. They didn't have one for Prince Amedeo when he turned and he's their oldest son. I think they will have a private family gathering like they did for Prince Amedeo. I've noticed that the Belgian Royal Family don't really throw big parties like the other royals. As nice as it would be to see them throw a nice big party for her I don't think they will (it wouldn't be fair if she got a gala and her brother didn't), they are a very private family. But I do hope they will give her a nice tiara for her 18th birthday.

Just a reminder that this thread is for royal jewels. Please keep the discussion to tiaras already in royal families or likely to be bought by royals in the future. Pictures of paste tiaras from wedding catalogues aren't relevant to a thread about royal jewels.

Elspeth

Royal Jewels moderator

Maxie said:
Yes, that's a really pretty one. Does someone know how it's called and what its history is? I'm quite curious about it! :rolleyes:
It's the Württemberg Tiara, diamonds and pearls, worn by Queen Beatrix on her wedding day in 1966. The provenance is from Princess Sophie, a daughter of Wilhelm I, King of Württemberg, who married King Willem III of the Netherlands in 1839.

When Beatrix married she added some pearls on top of it. I believe Queen Wilhelmina used it at her wedding as well, adorned with Orange-blossom I think.

Thanks for the information, Warren and Marengo. It's always a treat to read your comments on royal jewels! :)
I'll head off and go searching some pictures of Beatrix's and Wilhelmina's marriages now!

Back
Top Bottom