Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about the ruby tiara?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the ruby tiara?

Contentious history, the only ruby tiara in the collection....... I suspect they may prefer to make the 4 button primarily her tiara instead.

Ooo, I hope not. That one is difficult to wear and not the most flattering.

Princess Iman of Jordan will soon be 18 in september do you think we will see her wearing tiaras in the near future?

Updated list 2014-06-05

so the list of girls that will probebly wear tiaras and other jewllery at the age of 18 is

Princess Kako of Akishino (Japan)
Princess Iman of Jordan 18 in september
Princess Salma of Jordan
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
Princess Eléonore of Belgium
Princess Chatrine-Amelia the Netherlands
Princess Alexia of The Netherlands
Princess Ariana of the Netherlands
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway
Infanta Leonra of Spain
Infanta Sofia of Spain
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Princess Josephine of Denmark
Princess Aiko (Japan)
Princess Athena of denmark
Princess Estelle of Sweden

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica, Norway
Leah Isadora, Norway
Emma Tallula, Norway
Victoria Federica, Spain
Irene, Sapin
Maria-Olympia, Greace
Arrietta, Greace
Ana María, Greace
Amelia, Greace
Countess Luana, Netherlands
Countess Zaria, Netherlands
Countess Eloise, Netherlands
Countess Leonore, Netherlands
Princess Louise of Belgium
Princess Leonore of Sweden

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian of Denmark
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Prince Emanuel of Belgium
Prince Gabriel of Belgium
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince Nicolas of Belgium
Prince Aymeric of Belgium

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden
Prince Harry of Wales
Prince Phillipos, Greece
Prince Sebastian of Luxemburg
Prince Hussein of Jordan
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Hisahito of Akishino (Japan)
Count Claus-Casimir, Netherlands

Older princesses, likely to wear tiara at thier wedding
Princess Beatrice of York
Princess Eugenie of York

New
Prince Amedeo of Belgium fiance

future baby in monaco

Princess Iman of Jordan will soon be 18 in september do you think we will see her wearing tiaras in the near future?

I hope so but I doubt it as the royal family does not have a lot of tiara events. If she does, then I think she will wear this tiara.

This event will be in many years away but I predict Amalia will wear the Mellerio tiara at her enthronement. My second choice would the Wurttemberg tiara.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what tiaras a future wife of Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden might wear? I know the Swedish do tend to share their tiaras around, but I think it would be very useful to have a new tiara close identified with the new Princess - quite like the modern fringe is closely identified with Maddy, and will probably end up being hers only. This will allow the bulk of the Swedish collection to primarily be used by the main line only, ie the Queen and the Crown Princess.

Yes, I agree. CP should buy her one as a wedding gift.

I hope Elisabeth will receive Fabiola's Wolfers Tiara as a first tiara. Also, I predict she will wear her mothers laurel wreath tiara frequently. In another post I predicted Gabriel and Emmanuel's future wives will wear that tiara on their wedding days, but I now think they will wear Mathilde's wedding tiara. I also assume Elisabeth and Eleaonore will wear that tiara on their wedding days as well.

Mathilde's wedding tiara was a loan from Queen Paola , her laurel wreath tiara was not ready.
I don't think we will see the Queen wearing this very tiara for a second time.

Queen Paola's deco tiara will be seen on Princess Astrid's daughters and in laws.

Tiaras and Jewels for the next generation

I hope Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler (of Sweden) will leave the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara to the swedish royal family when she departs. Would be a pity to see it dissapear. Same with Princess Desirée's Diamond tiara.

Last edited:
Let us hope that it is left to CP Victoria.

I hope Princess Margareta Mrs Ambler (of Sweden) will leave the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara to the swedish royal family when she departs. Would be a pity to see it dissapear. Same with Princess Desirée's Diamond tiara.

I would love to see Victoria, Madeleine, Estelle, and Leonore wear that tiara.

Updated list 2015-08-04

so the list of girls that will probebly wear tiaras and other jewllery at the age of 18 is

Princess Iman of Jordan
Princess Salma of Jordan
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
Princess Eléonore of Belgium
Princess Chatrine-Amelia the Netherlands
Princess Alexia of The Netherlands
Princess Ariana of the Netherlands
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway
Infanta Leonra of Spain
Infanta Sofia of Spain
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Princess Josephine of Denmark
Princess Aiko (Japan)
Princess Athena of denmark
Princess Estelle of Sweden
Princess Lenore of Sweden
Princess Gabriella of Monaco
Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica, Norway
Leah Isadora, Norway
Emma Tallula, Norway
Victoria Federica, Spain
Irene, Sapin
Maria-Olympia, Greace
Arrietta, Greace
Ana María, Greace
Amelia, Greace
Countess Luana, Netherlands
Countess Zaria, Netherlands
Countess Eloise, Netherlands
Countess Leonore, Netherlands
Princess Louise of Belgium
Lady Louise Windsor

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian of Denmark
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway
Prince Emanuel of Belgium
Prince Gabriel of Belgium
James, Viscount Severn
Prince Hashem of Jordan
Prince Nikolai of Denmark
Prince Felix of Denmark
Prince Hisahito of Akishino (Japan)
Count Claus-Casimir, Netherlands
Prince Henrik of Denmark
Prince Nicolas of Belgium
Prince Aymeric of Belgium
Prince George of Cambridge
Prince Jacques of Monaco
Prince Nicolas of Sweden

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Harry of Wales
Prince Phillipos, Greece
Prince Sebastian of Luxemburg
Prince Hussein of Jordan

Older princesses, likely to wear tiara at thier wedding
Princess Beatrice of York
Princess Eugenie of York

we have seen a few ladies wearing tiras for the first time
Princess Kako of Akishino (Japan)
Princess Sofia of Sweden
Tatiana Casiraghi née Santo Domingo
Prince Amedeos wife Elisabetta "Lili" Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein is she a princess?
Princess Claire of Luxembourg (born Claire Margareta Lademacher

It will be in a long time but, I predict Princess Charlotte will wear Queen Mary's Fringe tiara on her wedding day. It would be great if she wore the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara however.

I think Princess Elisabeth will inherit the Laurel Wreath from her mother when she turns 18, or, hopefully, she may get a new tiara as a birthday gift, iIf Queen Paola does indeed leave the Art Deco to Princess Astrid, then I'm
afraid we will never see Elisabeth wear it, which is a shame really as she needs the tiara far more than Astrid or her daughters.

:previous:
even If Queen Paola leave the Art Deco to Princess Astrid she may wear it on her wedding day

I doubt Paola will leave it to Astrid. Some jewels but the days an important tiara leaves the main line is over. Mathilde wore it on her wedding. I could see Paola giving it to Elisabeth, it was made for her namesake. Elizabeth, Astrid, Lilian and Paola all wore it, and Mathilde as CP.

I doubt Paola will leave it to Astrid. Some jewels but the days an important tiara leaves the main line is over. Mathilde wore it on her wedding. I could see Paola giving it to Elisabeth, it was made for her namesake. Elizabeth, Astrid, Lilian and Paola all wore it, and Mathilde as CP.

The speculation that Astrid may have been given the Art Deco intensified after she wore it in the State Banquet for the German president. It could have been just a loan, but , given Paola's not so warm relationship with Mathilde, it wouldn't surprise me if she left the tiara to her daughter instead.

Last edited:
The speculation that Astrid may have been given the Art Deco intensified after she wore it in the State Banquet for the German president. It could have been just a loan, but , given Paola's not so warm relationship with Mathilde, it wouldn't surprise me if she left the tiara to her daughter instead.

It's a pity that what you suggest may actually be correct. It would be great to the art deco tiara be part of the collection of the main line of the BRF

I've been thinking a lot on the future of Royal jewelry lately. We know that the British, Dutch and Swedish collection is safe for next generations (at least a big part of it). So, I am wondering if anybody knows a little bit more about the future of the other collections.

I've heard that a few pieces in the Danish collection (Emerald tiara, Pearl Poiré tiara) are in a kind of foundation as well, so Queen Mary will have her own tiaras plus the two tiaras mentioned above. However, I am wondering, what will happen to the rest of Queen Margrethe's tiaras? Does anybody know more about the future of the Floral Aigrette/Baden Palmette/Benedikte's tiara? It would be a pity if those would leave the main family line. Queen Mary will need a lot of tiaras in the future for her son's wives and daughters. I hope she will chose for a long term loan instead of giving them historic pieces: otherwise there will be a very small collection left for prince Christians future wife.

We know Queen Letizia has access to the Crown jewels and to her own Fleur de Lys tiara. We haven't seen her a lot since becoming Queen with a tiara (I guess she only wore the floral tiara and her own Fleur de Lys?). Does anybody know what will happen to the rest of the Spanish Collection (Mellerio floral, Mellerio shell, Prussian diamond, Cartier loop, Cartier pearl and diamond) if King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia pass away (since I expect it is their property?)? Is it possible that the current Royal Couple will receive everything?

And what do we know about the future of the Norwegian vault? Is it to be expected that the large pieces (the Emerald and the Diamond tiaras) will remain there for Queen Mette-Marit? Will princess Astrids pieces return to the vaults if she dies? Or is it fair to guess that some tiaras will leave the family ultimately?

My ultimate conclusion is: every Royal Family should create a family foundation for the jewels.

We saw already that Princess Raghnild tiaras did not go to the main Branch such as the sapphire tiara of the late Countess Anne Dorte of Rosenborg.

I've been thinking a lot on the future of Royal jewelry lately. We know that the British, Dutch and Swedish collection is safe for next generations (at least a big part of it). So, I am wondering if anybody knows a little bit more about the future of the other collections.

I've heard that a few pieces in the Danish collection (Emerald tiara, Pearl Poiré tiara) are in a kind of foundation as well, so Queen Mary will have her own tiaras plus the two tiaras mentioned above. However, I am wondering, what will happen to the rest of Queen Margrethe's tiaras? Does anybody know more about the future of the Floral Aigrette/Baden Palmette/Benedikte's tiara? It would be a pity if those would leave the main family line. Queen Mary will need a lot of tiaras in the future for her son's wives and daughters. I hope she will chose for a long term loan instead of giving them historic pieces: otherwise there will be a very small collection left for prince Christians future wife.

We know Queen Letizia has access to the Crown jewels and to her own Fleur de Lys tiara. We haven't seen her a lot since becoming Queen with a tiara (I guess she only wore the floral tiara and her own Fleur de Lys?). Does anybody know what will happen to the rest of the Spanish Collection (Mellerio floral, Mellerio shell, Prussian diamond, Cartier loop, Cartier pearl and diamond) if King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia pass away (since I expect it is their property?)? Is it possible that the current Royal Couple will receive everything?

And what do we know about the future of the Norwegian vault? Is it to be expected that the large pieces (the Emerald and the Diamond tiaras) will remain there for Queen Mette-Marit? Will princess Astrids pieces return to the vaults if she dies? Or is it fair to guess that some tiaras will leave the family ultimately?

My ultimate conclusion is: every Royal Family should create a family foundation for the jewels.
In the Uk many of the Jewels are prvately owned by Queen Elizabeth II. So if she wanted she could also leave some of them to Abnne, Andrew and Edward or to her other ghrandchildren and not all of them to Charles. I think they best she could do wioth them would put them all in a Family foundation and give out loans from it.

In Denmark there are 3 categories of Jewels:
The Crown Jewels which are on display at Rosenboprg Castle and include the emerald parure, the dianmond Parure w3hich the big necklace wtih several diamond rops and the ruby and pearl parure. The can only be worn by the Queen.
Some Jewels are part of a foundation foudned by Queen Louse, née Pricness of Sweden. They incldue the diamoind and pearl Set and some other smaller Jewels. The are for the use of the reigning Monarch. This foundatuion also includes Artowroks and furniture.
And trhen ofcourse the private owned Jewels. My guess is that Queen Margrdethe makes sure that the floral aigrette stays with the riegning moarch but with the other Jewels it is hard to tell. if she follows the examplöes of Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine they will be divided among her sons. As for the jewels like thje pearl and star tiara and the Khedive tioara which where left to Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte i don'Ät think there is a chance that they will come back to Denmark except if Frederik will buy them back from his aunts/cousins.

In Norway i think the mayor Jewels like the emeral Parure, the big diamond tiara and the diamond and pearl tiara belong to the monarch. I think that is also the case with some of the Jewels worn by Prccness Ragnhild (the big diamond tiara) and Princess Astrid (the turqiose Parure and the Vasa tiara) and they where/are lifetime loans to them.

As for Spain the are the Jewels for the Queen which include the fleur de lys tiara and some othere jewels. Don't know who owns the 2 diamonad and pearl tiaras whioch whre bought back by King Juan Carlos. I think they will remain with the monarch. As for the Jewels owned by Queens Sofia no Idea. She has also lots of demi Parues (mosts necklaces and earrings) which where mostly given to her by arabian Royals.

Last edited:
We saw already that Princess Raghnild tiaras did not go to the main Branch such as the sapphire tiara of the late Countess Anne Dorte of Rosenborg.

For Princess Ragnhild's tiara it was told the the big diamond tiara would go back to the main line. IBut it has not been since since she passed aways but it is only 4 years since her death. Also Princess Astrid has said that form her Jewels the turqiose Parure and the Vasa tiara will come back to the main line.
As for Countess Anne-Dorthe sapphire tiara it was a gift from Queen Alexandrine to her daughter-in-law Caroline-NMathilde who left it to her younger son Count Christian. So it will come only back to he main line if either Queen Margrethe or Crown Prince Frederike buy it back from their daughters.

The vast majority of the Spanish Jewels belong to Queen Sofia,her daughter in law does have her own small personal collection but rarely wears anything,the future looks bleak for Spanish Jewel watchers.

There are jewels that are reserved solely for use by the queen consort,queen Sofia wore them with pride during her tenure.It will be some time before we see Leonor and Sofia attending gala receptions.

There are jewels that are reserved solely for use by the queen consort,queen Sofia wore them with pride during her tenure.It will be some time before we see Leonor and Sofia attending gala receptions.

Probably the will start to attend iState Banquets at incoming State Visits after they turned 18. Let's hope they will not come after their mother in regards to the use of Jewels
I still hope that when the spanish Royal Couple will pay State Visits to other monarchies that Queen Letizia then will use proudly some of the bigger Jewels. I always think she sometimes lack's the creativity to use the Jewels in other ways like Queen Máxima does it so often.

Back
Top Bottom