The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

hey just out of interest do either Princess Beatrice or Eugenie own any royal jewellery or are they entitled to any? I wonder what tiaras Bea would wear or if she would wear one?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Aristocracy

if she got married that is not on a night out on the town of course!

Old 08-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
hey just out of interest do either Princess Beatrice or Eugenie own any royal jewellery or are they entitled to any? I wonder what tiaras Bea would wear or if she would wear one?
I think it is pretty unlikely B&E are likely to be invited to any state banquets or events that require a tiara in the short term. They probbaly have access to their mothers tiara, and I suspect that is how far it gets.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

You don't think the queen would loan her granddaughters some jewelry if they asked? She is 'granny' to them.

MM
Old 08-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestern Mom View Post
You don't think the queen would loan her granddaughters some jewelry if they asked? She is 'granny' to them.

MM
HM may indeed lend some jewellery to B&E if they required it, but it is unlikely to be a tiara.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Majesty

what royal family is more likely to buy a new tiara for their younger generation?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would think Tatiana of Greece would need access to her own small tiara. While she won't go to alot of events she will go to some and her wedding tiara(corsage) is being used by the younger sister of Alex. IMO
Old 09-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I would think Tatiana of Greece would need access to her own small tiara. While she won't go to alot of events she will go to some and her wedding tiara(corsage) is being used by the younger sister of Alex. IMO
A new tiara for Tatiana would be so great! It will be interesting to see Tatiana at future gala events. Especially if both she and Theodora take part. She will either need a tiara of her own, like Marie Chantale and Alexia, or Queen Anne Marie will have to start sharing one of her other tiaras.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Nobility

Unfortunately, no real need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
A new tiara for Tatiana would be so great! It will be interesting to see Tatiana at future gala events. Especially if both she and Theodora take part. She will either need a tiara of her own, like Marie Chantale and Alexia, or Queen Anne Marie will have to start sharing one of her other tiaras.
Actually, the likelihood of Tatiana even attending major royal events is slim, and even more so for white tie tiara events. The Greeks usually have daytime weddings and none of their pre-wedding events involved tiaras.

In addition, the Scandinavian royal houses are the only ones which seem to have a white tie & tiara dress code for weddings (even if she were to be invited) and more than likely the only occasions that could conceivably happen in the next 15-18 years would be the weddings of Carl-Philip and of his sister, Madeleine. And these are not necessarily going to be tiara events...Victoria and Christina were the only others in the last 50 years to be under that dress code. All the other adults in immediate royal families are married. Some cousins (like the Magnusons of Sweden could have tiara weddings, but they would be much smaller occasions with a limited guest list in comparison to the larger ones we have seen). And as Queen Anne-Marie is still relatively young, it could be quite a while before that collection is available to the next generation.

The more interesting question in regards to the Greek jewels would be IMO what will happen when Constantine and/or Anne-Marie die? They could choose to distribute their jewels among their sons (who would have wives who became princesses as a courtesy title); distribute them to their daughters (less likely because they each already have a tiara); return certain pieces (the Khedive tiara) to the Danish royal house to continue the tradition of Ingrid's female descendants wearing it at their wedding; keep the complete collection intact in case of a restoration of the Greek monarchy (highly unlikely); or auction them off.

Only time will tell.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Royal Highness

The Danish RF still often hosts white tie family events every couple of years (remember Queen Margrethe's 70th and Prince Henrik's 75th birthday). IIRC there is a jubilee coming up next year which migh be celebrated with a white tie event. Usually some of the Greek nieces/nephews are present. So there is quite a good chance that Tatiana will wear a tiara from time to time.
Both Marie Chantale and Alexia have their own tiaras. Theodora and Tatiana so far have borrowed the antique corsage tiara. Time will tell how they are going to handle the situation in the future.
You are right about the distribution of tiaras when the Queen passes away. Time will tell.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Both Marie Chantale and Alexia have their own tiaras.
Hi, Tilia C....doesn't Marie-Chantal have more than one tiara? I thought she had the fringe one and the smaller one of stones she wore to F&M's wedding in 2004...was one of those a loaner? If they are hers, perhaps she could loan one to Tatiana.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Hi, Tilia C....doesn't Marie-Chantal have more than one tiara? I thought she had the fringe one and the smaller one of stones she wore to F&M's wedding in 2004...was one of those a loaner? If they are hers, perhaps she could loan one to Tatiana.
I heard that the tiara at the F&M wedding was a loaner, but I don't know the source of this information. However, I find it very likely. She doesn't really need two tiaras, especially if you remember that Pavlos will certainly inherit at least some of the Greek royal bling bling.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

MC only owns one tiara-the Fringe.Her wedding tiara was also borrowed.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Thanks for the clarification Tilia C and IluvCP. I was never really sure if MC owned any tiara other than the fringe. Is it true that it was bought for her by her parents? I have read that in a few places but nothing seemed absolutely sure.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Thanks for the clarification Tilia C and IluvCP. I was never really sure if MC owned any tiara other than the fringe. Is it true that it was bought for her by her parents? I have read that in a few places but nothing seemed absolutely sure.
It is generally asumed that the fringe was a present from her parents. Since her parents were incredibly rich, this seems likely. But I don't think that there is a really creditable source for this assumption. But I don't think that there is a really creditable source for this assumption, so we can't be 100% sure.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Im pretty sure is was bought by her parents.I don't think the king and queen did since there is no monarchy.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Im pretty sure is was bought by her parents.I don't think the king and queen did since there is no monarchy.
I also believe that it came from her parents. But I wanted to stress that there is no good source for this assupmtion. And we must not forget that Princess Alexia received a tiara as wedding present, presumably from her parents. So what if they gave one to MC (and Tatiana?) as well? Exciting prospect! I can't wait to see Tatiana at a tiara event!
Old 10-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Majesty

how abot this one for princess isabelle of denmark
photo 1

or this one i think its princess elisabeths of denmarks tiara
photo 1

here is a few other tiaras
but i do not think they look like royal tiaras
photo 1
photo 2
photo 3
photo 4
photo 5
Old 10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Originally Posted by Josefine
Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Countess Luana (new)
Countess Zaria (new)
Countess Eloise (new)
Countess Leonore (new)

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Count Claus-Casimir (new)
Old 10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Originally Posted by Josefine
Princess Aiko (does princess wear tiaras before marrige)
yes they do! if you look at the Imperial family thread, Princess Mako used a white dress, with beautiful jewels and tiara for her 20th birthday when visiting the Emperor and Empress.
cant wait to see Aiko with a tiara.

and wait a second, Letizia has a new tiara that hasnt been shown yet????

Tags
jewellery, tiaras, young royals