The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I sincerely hope that the jewels would have been returned to the Crown, but I somehow doubt it - unless it had clearly been agreed when they were given to Margaret. If it had not expressly been agreed, I suspect they will rmain with her children. I also think the Queen is very soft with Linley, and sees it as her responsibility to look after her sisters children.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Courtier

Selfish??/ Perhaps. Greedy, Most Certainly. Linley really is not one of the most admirable of royals to say the least.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Courtier

That may be a bit harsh, Thomas. I met David Linley in London once, and he actually seemed like a pretty nice guy.

I sort of understand why he and his sister decided to sell their mother's jewellery. They really don't need that much, as they are not senior royals and do not attend the same number of formal events as some of the other members of the family. How many tiaras can one person need? Especially when you wear a tiara maybe once a year, twice at the most? It would take a decade to wear all the jewellery even once.

I also disagree that everything will be returned to the Windsors. I think the Papyrus, Snowdon, and Turquoise tiaras will likely be kept by the Snowdons. If any were to be returned, I would guess that the Papyrus is most likely, as it has a connection to the royal family. The others really don't.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Prince of Chota, I agree that the Snowden tiara would remain. In fact, Lady Sarah wore it for her wedding so I doubt she would be willing to give it up. Serena wore the Papyrus for her wedding, so she may want to keep that one for the family. As for the turquoise--well, I just love it. It was wedding gift from King George V and Queen Mary to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (the future Queen Elizabeth then QEQM) when she married the Duke of York. The Duke of Gloucester also has a beautiful turquoise parue--one is older than the other, but I never can remember which. But, this one that we are discussing has royal significance. We didn't see it sold at the auction, it has royal history---and it is the only complete parue that Linely has at his disposal so he may well have kept it. Personally, I would prefer to think that Charles inherited it from his Aunt Margaret, because then we could see the lovely Camilla wearing it, but most likely Lord Linley has it. Serena is beautiful, I'm sure she'll look beautiful in it.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Courtier

I think the Cartier tiara of Queen Elisabeth of Belgium would look great on her great great granddaughter Princess Elisabeth.
Diamond Divas: Queen Elisabeth of Belgium
Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Administrator

As the tiara is no longer owned by the Belgian Royal Family it falls outside of the ambit of this thread which is more about tiaras from existing collections.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Courtier

I know they don't own it anymore, but I hope that one day they can get in back. I just think it would be the perfect gift for Elisabeth when she becomes 18 of when she becomes queen.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Belgium definitely needs some new jewels, or needs to get the old ones back. I think they are being careful not to spend money on things like that, though, which might be viewed as ostentatious.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Administrator

Maybe they could get away with it if they promised that the tiara would be kept "for all future queens" rather than be sold off in the next generation.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

I think Elisabeth would look good with the tiara Claire wore on her wedding day. It is small, simple but pretty and delicate- perfect for someone with her mother's bone structure

Then when Philippe becomes king, Elisabeth can move on to something larger. When she herself becomes queen, she can wear something really majestic!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i would love to see Leonor on her wedding day in the same tiara that Letizia and Sofia wore on their wedding day to keep on the tradition it would be really nice touch i think

Old 06-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Nobility

I was wondering what other tiaras will be available to Princess Mary and Princess Marie - other than the ones that Mary wears and the one Princess Marie wore at her wedding.

I have seen a few pictures of Queen Margrethe wearing different tiaras (but can't find a website or thread showing them all).

Which tiaras will be available for Princess Isabella?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Mary and Marie have worn all the tiaras currently available to them. Mary has her wedding tiara and Queen Ingrid's ruby parure, and Marie has her wedding tiara. When Mary becomes queen she will have all of the danish royal tiaras at her disposal, which includes Margrethe's pearl tiara, floral aignette, and Margrethe's other tiaras (hopefully not those horrid poppies though!)

Old 06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

I'd like to see Mary in a more substantial diamond tiara. She looks stunning in the rubies and I like the delicate design of her wedding tiara, but it just looks kind of "dinky" compared to Marie's wedding tiara. But, I don't know exactly what Margareth has in the way of tiaras.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Majesty

so the lsirt of girls that will probebly wear tiaras and other jewllery at the age of 18 is

Princess Elisabeth
Princess Eléonore
Princess Chatrine-Amelia
Princess Alexia
Princess Ariana
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra
Princess Leonra
Princess Sofia
Princess Isabella
Princess Aiko (does princess wear tiaras before marrige)

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica
Leah Isadora
Emma Tallula
Victoria Federica
Irene
Maria-Olympia
Arrietta
Ana María
Amelia

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian
Prince Sverre Magnus
Prince Emanuel
Prince Gabriel
Prince Nikolai
Prince Felix

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Albert
Prince Carl Philip
Prince William
Prince Harry
Prince Nicholas
Prince Phillipos
Grand duke Guillaume
Prince Sebastian
Prince Felix
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Maybe they could get away with it if they promised that the tiara would be kept "for all future queens" rather than be sold off in the next generation.
I wholeheartly agree - given that the Belgium RF is not that bad off - I am wondering, why they have such a small number of jewels available. And come on - I don't think that people would mind - if they create something like the Dutch jewelry foundation -which would mean, that jewels belong to the crown and can be lent to members of the RF. So let's start to look for some nice new tiaras for the RF.
Bentley & Skinner - Jewellery Search
Old 04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
I wholeheartly agree - given that the Belgium RF is not that bad off - I am wondering, why they have such a small number of jewels available. And come on - I don't think that people would mind - if they create something like the Dutch jewelry foundation -which would mean, that jewels belong to the crown and can be lent to members of the RF. So let's start to look for some nice new tiaras for the RF.
I would love to see the Belgium family with another tiara also, but I have always read that they are not that well off, although what do we really know? Thanks for the link to the jewelry store. Incredible!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Majesty

new list
have i forgotten anyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post

Princess Elisabeth
Princess Eléonore

the duch princesses will wear different tiaras quite soon after the first events
Princess Chatrine-Amelia (first tiara Antique Pearl Tiara)
Princess Alexia (first tiara Diamond Bandeau Tiara)
Princess Ariana (first tiara Pearl Button Tiara)

Princess Ingrid-Alexandra (Queen Louisa´s Circle Tiara)
Princess Leonra (Her mother new tiara, we have not seen this yet)
Princess Sofia
Princess Isabella (queen Marys wedding tiara)
Princess Josephine (new) (diamond and turqiose bandeau tiara
)

Princess Aiko (does princess wear tiaras before marrige)

Maybe tiaras at thier wedding and maybe other royal weddings and birthdays galas
Maud Angelica
Leah Isadora
Emma Tallula
Victoria Federica
Irene
Maria-Olympia
Arrietta
Ana María
Amelia

Princes that later on get marrried and their wife will wear tiaras
Prince christian
Prince Vincent (new)
Prince Sverre Magnus
Prince Emanuel
Prince Gabriel
Prince Nikolai
Prince Felix
Prince Henrik(new)

Princes that are older and will get married a bit sonner then the kids
Prince Albert
Prince Carl Philip
Prince Harry
Prince Phillipos
Grand duke Guillaume
Prince Sebastian
Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Any of these would be great for Harry's wife, or anybody. I know I would wear them.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I could picture Ingrid of Norway wear her mothers wedding tiara on her wedding day.Also,Victoria's daughter wears the Cameo on her wedding day.

Tags
jewellery, tiaras, young royals