The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks HRHAmy I just saw a necklace on his website that would make a gorgeous tiara that would look great on
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium
Princess Ingrid Alexandra
Princess Catharina-Amalia
Charlotte Casiraghi

http://www.fredleighton.com/
click on Fred Leighton Collection
Click Antique Grandeur
Go to page 4
The necklace is on the model you can click on it to see the detail

Old 04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiyah2086
Thanks HRHAmy I just saw a necklace on his website that would make a gorgeous tiara...
Yes, I think that necklace would look stunning as a tiara, I also like the diamond drop earrings she's wearing. I think I've seen those diamond star brooches on a certain Dutch princesses tiara too. They're probably not the same but very similair. Fred leighton is a wonderful jeweler I love the diamond and pearl necklace on the very first page, it's huge but it's spectacular nice!:)

Old 05-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Courtier

Smile Tiaras for the upcoming Generation

what do you think will be the first Tiaras for the new royal generation Or which Tiaras will the wear in generall?
Princess Catharina Amalia
Princess Ingrid Alexandra
Infanta Leonor
Princess Beatrice
and so on
:)
Old 05-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Courtier

This would be a nice first Tiara for Amalia:
The Small Floral Tiara Beatrix' uses to wear quiet often:

source:
http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/
Old 05-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Gentry

Does anyone know if the late Diana, Princess of Wales' tiara (the Spencer Tiara) went back to her brother or did it stay with her children? I think it would be a nice wedding tiara for the future Princess William of Wales.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKnottie
Does anyone know if the late Diana, Princess of Wales' tiara (the Spencer Tiara) went back to her brother or did it stay with her children? I think it would be a nice wedding tiara for the future Princess William of Wales.
The Spencer Tiara is exactly that. It was on loan to her from her family, and has since been returned to her brother the current Earl of Spencer.

It would be inappropriate for Prince William's future wife to wear it as it is rightfully Countess Spencer's.

William's future wife will have, literally, an embarassment of riches to choose from, or be chosen for her. I think his Grandmother and Father will be falling over themselves to make sure she has everything she 'needs'.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

i would love catharina amalia to wear the bourbon-parma tiara for her wedding. it's lovely and really impressive, however i doubt so since they tend to use smaller tiaras in weddings. you can see a picture of princess irene wearing it here: http://www.royal-magazin.de/niederla...rene-tiara.htm

if i was to choose from smaller ones, definetely the pearl tiara as the one hrharmy quoted would be a great option. for alexia, i think she would choose something smaller, perhaps the laurel wreath tiara, which i love. :)

for ingrid alexandra i think she would pick the daisy tiara that her mum used in her wedding. the pearl one that martha louise wore for her wedding is also lovely.

infanta leonor will definetely choose queen federica's tiara, since it's the same one her great-grandmother, grandmother and mother used for their weddings. maybe tradition changes, but it's a really strong possibility.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Lost tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i would love catharina amalia to wear the bourbon-parma tiara for her wedding. it's lovely and really impressive.
Unfortunately the Bourbon-Parma tiara has disappeared.

Quoted from the royal-magazin.de site:
This tiara belonged to the Bourbon-Parma family and had been deposed to a lawyer in Paris. Unfortunately it seems to have been lost acually since 1996.
The Parma Tiara was trusted, at that time, to an attorney office in the late 90s by Pss. Marie-Cécilie of Bourbon-Parma, while succession procedures took place. Misteriously the tiara "got lost" and the attorney office had to pay € 3.022.500 to the Bourbon-Parma family.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Courtier

For Infanta Leonor:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&d=1050007450
Corbis

but maybe this one is a bit to huge to be worn as "the first Tiara"

she could start wearing this one :)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1072279553
Polfoto
Old 05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Spencer tiara worn by Diana on her wedding day and throughout her marriage was a loan from her brother, the Earl Spencer. Their grandfather left the tiara to Charles upon his death in 1975. The Earl asked Diana to return it after her separation from Prince Charles. It remained with the Spencers since then.

William and Harry will have plenty of jewels to give to their wives. In addition to their mother's jewels, they will have access to the family collection as well.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Courtier

I'm glad to see Laura Parker Bowles wore her mothers tiara, I think it looked very pretty on her. I know she's not royal but I thought it's a great gesture of passing down one peice of jewelry to the next. Plus I'm glad her mother the Duchess loaned her her wedding earrings, I think they look great.:)

http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_16769277.jpg
Old 05-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
i would love catharina amalia to wear the bourbon-parma tiara for her wedding. it's lovely and really impressive, however i doubt so since they tend to use smaller tiaras in weddings. you can see a picture of princess irene wearing it here: http://www.royal-magazin.de/niederla...rene-tiara.htm
The Bourbon-Parmer Tiara, as it's name refers, belongs to the royal family of Bourbon Parma, not the possesion of the royal family of the Netherland, and not for CAmalia to use.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
I'm glad to see Laura Parker Bowles wore her mothers tiara, I think it looked very pretty on her. I know she's not royal but I thought it's a great gesture of passing down one peice of jewelry to the next. Plus I'm glad her mother the Duchess loaned her her wedding earrings, I think they look great.:)

http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_16769277.jpg
HRHamy, I was wondering about this tiara that Laura wore at her wedding. I didn't know if it was a family tiara from the mother's or father's side. Are you saying this is a Shand family tiara, not a Parker Bowles tiara?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
HRHamy, I was wondering about this tiara that Laura wore at her wedding. I didn't know if it was a family tiara from the mother's or father's side. Are you saying this is a Shand family tiara, not a Parker Bowles tiara?
This has been discussed in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Majesty

i am wondering who will be next princess we will see wearing a tiara for the first time
Old 09-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg might be the fírst princess who will wear a tiara. Probably one of the bracelet-tiaras. I wonder if Tessy will get to wear one for her wedding (as Prince Louis loses his rights, I assume she won´t wear a tiara).
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

I think she will wear that one tiara which wore MT on her wedding. Louis can loose his rights on throne, but I think, here is good example of princess Mabel.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

well, I don´t think that would be a very respectful thing to do to the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, it was her tiara after all, and she would most likely have strongely disapproved of the marriage. So out of respect to her I hope they will chose another one.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Courtier

I hardly think the tiara would mind, should it be worn. :) Besides, it really isn't Josephine-Charlotte's choice, anymore. If the rest of the family approves the use of a tiara (and that one), then it will be that tiara.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That's The Spencer family piece no royal.
http://www.dianasjewels.net/tiaras.htm

Tags
jewellery, tiaras, young royals