Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HRHAmy said:
I hope when Charolette Casiraghi gets married she will wear some of her mother's jewels. I think she should either wear the pearl and diamond tiara or the diamond fringe tiara, I'm leaning more to the fringe for some reason.:)
Here's a pic

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21334&d=1066080235

That would be great! Would Charlotte wear a tiara on her wedding day? She's technically not a princess and probably will not marry into a royal household. I know lots of women wear tiaras on their wedding day but I wonder if Charlotte would go that route. I hope she does, I think she would look magnificent in one! I'm leaning towards the fringe as well. I think the pearls look too....old? for Charlotte. Well, maybe because I'm thinking of the 18 year old Charlotte? :D

did Grace wear a tiara at her wedding?

And charlotte is not a royal so she maybe will not use the jewllery that her mother has when we talk about tiaras

Josefine said:
did Grace wear a tiara at her wedding?

And charlotte is not a royal so she maybe will not use the jewllery that her mother has when we talk about tiaras

No grace did not wear a tiara to her wedding which is a shame IMO because she would have looked stunning. She wore a headpiece which you can see here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/prince-rainier-grace-kelly-19-april-1956-a-5-2.html
it's post # 39

I don't think being royal matters if you wear a tiara or not when you get married. If your mother is a princess and she has access to the jewels and her daughter would like to wear one I think she would let her. Hey it could be a 'something borrowed' also I've see some exiled princesses and even Queens still wears jewels and let their daughters wear their tiara's so why not Charlotte if she chooses when her mother still is a princess?:)

i was more thinking in the lines that in monaco the ladies has not worn tiaras at their wedding the last 50 years but i could be wrong
who do you think we will see next wear a tiara for the first time

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping Charlotte!:) She would look gorgous in one of her mother's tiaras but it will probably be Andrea's wife if she chooses. Or if Caroline is so kind, she could lend one to Albert's wife (if the guy ever gets married) I would like to see the fringe tiara be used again, instead of just a necklace.

There is a beautiful tiara by Fred Leighton on his website that is very similar to Crown Princess Mathilde's tiara that she received as a gift from the Belgian Aristocrats.

CP Mathilde's Tiara
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5783&d=1052624829
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5784&d=1052624891

Fred Leighton's tiara
http://www.fredleighton.com/
click on Fred Leighton Collection
Click Antique Grandeur
Go to page 3 and you'll the tiara you can't miss it. It's gorgeous.

This tiara I could see on Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, Princess Eugenie, Zara Philipps

Shadiyah2086 said:
There is a beautiful tiara by Fred Leighton on his website...
Thanks shadiyah2086! All those jewels are beautiful on his site. my favorite is the sapphire and diamond brooch on page 8. It reminds me of princess Mary's christening brooch.:)

Thanks HRHAmy I just saw a necklace on his website that would make a gorgeous tiara that would look great on
Princess Elisabeth of Belgium
Princess Maria-Laura of Belgium
Princess Ingrid Alexandra
Princess Catharina-Amalia
Charlotte Casiraghi

http://www.fredleighton.com/
click on Fred Leighton Collection
Click Antique Grandeur
Go to page 4
The necklace is on the model you can click on it to see the detail

Shadiyah2086 said:
Thanks HRHAmy I just saw a necklace on his website that would make a gorgeous tiara...
Yes, I think that necklace would look stunning as a tiara, I also like the diamond drop earrings she's wearing. I think I've seen those diamond star brooches on a certain Dutch princesses tiara too;). They're probably not the same but very similair. Fred leighton is a wonderful jeweler I love the diamond and pearl necklace on the very first page, it's huge but it's spectacular nice!:)

Tiaras for the upcoming Generation

what do you think will be the first Tiaras for the new royal generation Or which Tiaras will the wear in generall?
Princess Catharina Amalia
Princess Ingrid Alexandra
Infanta Leonor
Princess Beatrice
and so on
:)

Does anyone know if the late Diana, Princess of Wales' tiara (the Spencer Tiara) went back to her brother or did it stay with her children? I think it would be a nice wedding tiara for the future Princess William of Wales.

RoyalKnottie said:
Does anyone know if the late Diana, Princess of Wales' tiara (the Spencer Tiara) went back to her brother or did it stay with her children? I think it would be a nice wedding tiara for the future Princess William of Wales.

The Spencer Tiara is exactly that. It was on loan to her from her family, and has since been returned to her brother the current Earl of Spencer.

It would be inappropriate for Prince William's future wife to wear it as it is rightfully Countess Spencer's.

William's future wife will have, literally, an embarassment of riches to choose from, or be chosen for her. I think his Grandmother and Father will be falling over themselves to make sure she has everything she 'needs'. ;)

i would love catharina amalia to wear the bourbon-parma tiara for her wedding. it's lovely and really impressive, however i doubt so since they tend to use smaller tiaras in weddings. you can see a picture of princess irene wearing it here: http://www.royal-magazin.de/niederlande/princess-irene-tiara.htm

if i was to choose from smaller ones, definetely the pearl tiara as the one hrharmy quoted would be a great option. for alexia, i think she would choose something smaller, perhaps the laurel wreath tiara, which i love. :)

for ingrid alexandra i think she would pick the daisy tiara that her mum used in her wedding. the pearl one that martha louise wore for her wedding is also lovely.

infanta leonor will definetely choose queen federica's tiara, since it's the same one her great-grandmother, grandmother and mother used for their weddings. maybe tradition changes, but it's a really strong possibility.

Lost tiara

carlota said:
i would love catharina amalia to wear the bourbon-parma tiara for her wedding. it's lovely and really impressive.
Unfortunately the Bourbon-Parma tiara has disappeared.

Quoted from the royal-magazin.de site:
This tiara belonged to the Bourbon-Parma family and had been deposed to a lawyer in Paris. Unfortunately it seems to have been lost acually since 1996.
The Parma Tiara was trusted, at that time, to an attorney office in the late 90s by Pss. Marie-Cécilie of Bourbon-Parma, while succession procedures took place. Misteriously the tiara "got lost" and the attorney office had to pay € 3.022.500 to the Bourbon-Parma family.

RoyalKnottie said:

The Spencer tiara worn by Diana on her wedding day and throughout her marriage was a loan from her brother, the Earl Spencer. Their grandfather left the tiara to Charles upon his death in 1975. The Earl asked Diana to return it after her separation from Prince Charles. It remained with the Spencers since then.

William and Harry will have plenty of jewels to give to their wives. In addition to their mother's jewels, they will have access to the family collection as well.

carlota said:
i would love catharina amalia to wear the bourbon-parma tiara for her wedding. it's lovely and really impressive, however i doubt so since they tend to use smaller tiaras in weddings. you can see a picture of princess irene wearing it here: http://www.royal-magazin.de/niederlande/princess-irene-tiara.htm

The Bourbon-Parmer Tiara, as it's name refers, belongs to the royal family of Bourbon Parma, not the possesion of the royal family of the Netherland, and not for CAmalia to use.

HRHAmy said:
I'm glad to see Laura Parker Bowles wore her mothers tiara, I think it looked very pretty on her. I know she's not royal but I thought it's a great gesture of passing down one peice of jewelry to the next. Plus I'm glad her mother the Duchess loaned her her wedding earrings, I think they look great.:)

http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc47&image=78600_42_16769277.jpg

HRHamy, I was wondering about this tiara that Laura wore at her wedding. I didn't know if it was a family tiara from the mother's or father's side. Are you saying this is a Shand family tiara, not a Parker Bowles tiara?

CasiraghiTrio said:
HRHamy, I was wondering about this tiara that Laura wore at her wedding. I didn't know if it was a family tiara from the mother's or father's side. Are you saying this is a Shand family tiara, not a Parker Bowles tiara?
This has been discussed in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

i am wondering who will be next princess we will see wearing a tiara for the first time

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg might be the fírst princess who will wear a tiara. Probably one of the bracelet-tiaras. I wonder if Tessy will get to wear one for her wedding (as Prince Louis loses his rights, I assume she won´t wear a tiara).

I think she will wear that one tiara which wore MT on her wedding. Louis can loose his rights on throne, but I think, here is good example of princess Mabel.

well, I don´t think that would be a very respectful thing to do to the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, it was her tiara after all, and she would most likely have strongely disapproved of the marriage. So out of respect to her I hope they will chose another one.

I hardly think the tiara would mind, should it be worn. :) Besides, it really isn't Josephine-Charlotte's choice, anymore. If the rest of the family approves the use of a tiara (and that one), then it will be that tiara.

RoyalKnottie said:
That's The Spencer family piece no royal.
http://www.dianasjewels.net/tiaras.htm

Back
Top Bottom