Tiaras and Jewels for the Next Generation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe Infanta Sofia will inherit Queen Sofia's Niarchos Ruby tiara. Some would say Elena and Cristina will inherit the tiara but probably not because in recent years they have participated in few tiara events.

Maybe Infanta Sofia will inherit Queen Sofia's Niarchos Ruby tiara. Some would say Elena and Cristina will inherit the tiara but probably not because in recent years they have participated in few tiara events.

Having tiara event or not, that is not necessarily relevant, if Sofia does want to pass something to her daughters or their children, she definitely could do so.

I rather wish she would leave the ruby necklace/tiara to her daughters if she does want to leave some tiaras to them, that's one of the less historically significant piece in her own collection, just leave the major historical tiaras in the main line.

For Amalia, Alexia, and Ariane’s future wedding tiaras, maybe Amalia will wear the Ornate Pearl tiara, and Alexia and Ariane will wear either the Star tiara or the Antique Pearl tiara.

I guess that Estelle for her 18th birthday tiara will inherit her mother's birthday tiara

I guess that Estelle for her 18th birthday tiara will inherit her mother's birthday tiara

I believe Estelle will get a new 18th birthday gift tiara.

It would be great if a new, versatile tiara could be acquired for Estelle.

I wonder if Mary, Christian future wife, Isabella, or Josephine will wear Margrethe's Golden Poppies and Naasut tiaras someday.

I hope we never see the Golden Poppies again ,one of my least favourite.
The Naasut Tiara is pretty but it reminds me of a Christmas table decoration.

I don't believe, Victoria no longer wears her birthday tiara, I think that she will give her 18th birthday tiara to Estelle.

What is the provenance of this tiara? Is it owned by the SRF?

There have been reports that it was gifted to Letizia for her Wedding, but not sure if that is really the case

There have been reports that it was gifted to Letizia for her Wedding, but not sure if that is really the case

I think we'd have seen it by now but if it does actually exist it maybe reserved as a gift for Leonor's 18th?

The heiress to the throne should debut with a historic tiara, and not one given for questionable reasons from a jewellery firm who Im sure would love the publicity on such an occasion.

I hope Leonor will start with the shell tiara. That is a tiara with alot of history in the spanish royal family. The prussian tiara is more a greek tiara, and also looks to much like a kitchen utility for my taste :cool:

The shell-tiara is a piece of jewellery art, but a bit difficult to wear. It looks great on Queen Sofia, but the one time Letizia wore it, I did not think she placed it very well. But Leonor has a lof of thick hair, so much to work with for a good hairdresser. So far I dont think Letizias hairdresser always manages to balance and place the big tiaras.

Anyway, I would not be to sure we even get a tiara photo of Leonor for her 18th. We did not get that in Netherlands and Belgium. Maybe more of a Scandinavian tradition, but we can hope.

I don't think we'll get a tiara photo for Leonor's 18th birthday,we may get a new official photo if we're very lucky ;)

If Leonor gets a tiara we may have to wait for a tiara event that Leonor is invited to such as a State Visit gala or Foreign Royal celebration.

I doubt we will see Leonor in a tiara soon, the emphasis will be on her education and I don't see her participating in State Visits straight away.
Regarding the tiaras used by the SRF, Leonor will certainly not wear the big guns until she either Queen (FdL) or really settled in her position:
Loop, Fleur de Lys, Pearl.
In the beginning, Leonor and Sofia will probably share:
Floral, Shell, Prussian (owned by QS), Princess (owned by QL).
Do the Niarchos rubies count as tiara?
But I do hope that QS will gift both the rubies and the Prussian Tiara to the Crown and not give any substantial jewellery in that sense to her daughters.
VF could always borrow something from her uncle in case she fancies a tiara at her wedding.

Doña Victoria Federica could either be loaned a tiara from her grandmother Queen Sofia or wear the Marichalar Meander Tiara.

Princess Leonor turns 18 today. I suspect her first tiara will be the Prussian tiara like many other Spanish royal women. Like I said in a previous post maybe she will inherit the Ansorena tiara.

Now that Kate wore the Strathmore tiara maybe Lady Louise Windsor and Princess Charlotte will wear that tiara someday. Maybe either of them will wear the tiara at their future weddings.

I wonder if Mary, Christian future wife, Isabella, or Josephine will wear Margrethe's Golden Poppies and Naasut tiaras someday.

Looks like will find out if Mary will wear Margrethe’s two gold tiaras someday soon.

When will the first engagements for Princess Isabella and Princess Josephine of Denmark to wear a tiara? Their 18th birthday, sooner or later?

When will the first engagements for Princess Isabella and Princess Josephine of Denmark to wear a tiara? Their 18th birthday, sooner or later?

The second they turn 18 they can wear a tiara.

It will depend on what events they are going to attend. If they start attending the New Year's Court at 18, they will wear tiaras at 18. If not, the question is, whether there are big gala events for them to attend. But I think we can rule out State Banquets for as early as 18.

It will depend on what events they are going to attend. If they start attending the New Year's Court at 18, they will wear tiaras at 18. If not, the question is, whether there are big gala events for them to attend. But I think we can rule out State Banquets for as early as 18.

Given that Christian didn't attend this year's New Year's Court, I doubt that they will start attending when they are 18. Unless the reason he didn't attend is that he still is only the grandson of the monarch and not one of the monarch's children (or siblings); so, if he starts attending next year, they might start attending too (once they are 18).

Given that Christian didn't attend this year's New Year's Court, I doubt that they will start attending when they are 18. Unless the reason he didn't attend is that he still is only the grandson of the monarch and not one of the monarch's children (or siblings); so, if he starts attending next year, they might start attending too (once they are 18).
I'm not really hopeful either. But there is a small chance that Christian will attend next year, since then he's the Crown Prince. Probably we'll have to wait for other gala events to see Isabella and Josephine with tiaras.

Back
Top Bottom