The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2016, 11:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
In the Uk many of the Jewels are prvately owned by Queen Elizabeth II. So if she wanted she could also leave some of them to Abnne, Andrew and Edward or to her other ghrandchildren and not all of them to Charles. I think they best she could do wioth them would put them all in a Family foundation and give out loans from it.
[...]
Yes, but it is to be expected that she leaves most of it to Charles, because the others would face huge taxes, right? It's her private property, but I think she understands the historical importance from a lot of pieces in her collection. I sincerely hope she will leave almost everything to Charles, which I believe she will (=> she loans pieces to family members, she does not give them away, so I think this is a sign that she wants to keep te collection complete).

As for the other Royal houses, the future for the Norwegian jewels is looking very good IMO (the main pieces will stay with the main line for MM en later for IA).
The Spanish Jewel Future is looking bad, since I doubt Queen Sofia will give everything to her daughter in law. I perfectly see her giving (almost) everything to her two daughters who don't need jewels at all and will probably sell everyting. If I understand Stefan correctly, it is possible that the Cartier Loop tiara and the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiara will stay with the main line. That would be at least something. It would be nice if the Prussian tiara would go to Letizia, since it is her wedding tiara. The Prussian and both Mellerio tiaras seem to be Queen Sofia's personal property, so I really hope she will be smart enough to keep them in the main line.

I hope Queen Margrethe will leave the Baden Palmette and the Aigrette to F&M. It would be nice if princess Benedikte's jewels will return to the vaults, although I highly doubt that too. It's a pity though.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Courtier

18th birthday tiara

in 3 - 5 years three heirs to european thrones will be 18 years old princesses (the duchess of brabant , the princess of orange and princess ingrid alexandra) will the tradition of giving a tiara at the princesses 18th birthday continue ? will they get a new purchase or they gonna be handed a piece that is already in the family ? will younger princesses like Princess Eléonore of belgium ,princess isabella of denmark , princess josephine of denmark, princess Alexia of the netherlands , princess Ariane of the netherlands and princess leonore of sweden get one also ?!

Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Majesty

Leonor, estelle and any female cousins I'd say no. The Swedush royals have an abundance of tiaras. They are shared among the woman. If they need small starter, Victoria and Madeleine's starter tiaras can be worn by their daughters. Victoria has three personal tiaras in her starter, the laurel, and an unseen one mentioned in Lilian's will having been left to her.

Mary has several personal tiaras. When she us queen they will be free for the use of her daughters and daughter in laws. Perhaps a fourth one will be purchased so they all have one (two girls and two wives).

Belgium is really the only one there is much call for a new one. They have so few. I do hope Paola will leave her other jewels to her daughter but the tiara she does have back to the main line. Elizabeth should wear her namesakes tiara.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:25 AM
Serene Highness

I for one hope that Victorias birthday tiara have been buried somewhere. Its absolutely horrific!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Majesty

I don't think that Victoria's tiara has been seen out again, or am i mistaken?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Majesty

In the Netherlands and in Sweden the most important royal jewelry is placed into Foundations to preserve it for breaking-up and fragmentating. My guess is that in Sweden and the Netherlands "the first diadem" for Princess Estelle respectively Princess Amalia wil just be one of the many jewels stacked in the two collections.

By my knowledge Princess Beatrix was the first to be seen with the laurel wreath diadem on her 18th birthday but has since been worn by other ladies of the royal family so -after a few years of exclusive use- her sisters were seen with this as well.

Beatrix as first: Picture.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
in 3 - 5 years three heirs to european thrones will be 18 years old princesses (the duchess of brabant , the princess of orange and princess ingrid alexandra) will the tradition of giving a tiara at the princesses 18th birthday continue ? will they get a new purchase or they gonna be handed a piece that is already in the family ? will younger princesses like Princess Eléonore of belgium ,princess isabella of denmark , princess josephine of denmark, princess Alexia of the netherlands , princess Ariane of the netherlands and princess leonore of sweden get one also ?!

I expect Ingrid Alexandra to get an 18th birthday tiara considering that her aunt got one when she turned 18. I am not sure about Dutch practice though. Did Princess Beatrix and her sisters get birthday tiaras when they came of age ? In any case, Amalia will have plenty of tiaras to choose from in the Orange-Nassau collection if she doesn't get a new one.

On the other hand, I don't expect the Duchess of Brabant to get a new 18th birthday tiara unless it is presented to her by the "people of Belgium", which is highly unlikely these days. She might start wearing her mother's Laurel Wreath wedding gift tiara though. Queen Elisabeth's art deco tiara will probably stay with Princess Astrid and, in any case, it is too big for the Duchess of Brabant to wear while she is still a teenager.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Courtier

my premises for the dutch princesses is on the fact that maxima is a well known jewellery lover and have been buying new pieces for years more than the fact that beatrix got a tiara on her 18th birthday .
as for the the Duchess of Brabant her mother as do crown princess mary also lately both are building up a collection mary has just bought a tiara/necklace and mathilde just wore two new diamond brooches in denmark so if the belgian royal family want to add a new tiara to their collection that would be a great opportunity to buy a one without much public criticism if there would be any at all .
Old 04-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
my premises for the dutch princesses is on the fact that maxima is a well known jewellery lover and have been buying new pieces for years .
I can just picture Maxima jumping out a car and running towards a jewelry store saying, "Sorry- couldn't resist! It's for the girls!"
Old 04-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Majesty

Here are my predictions for future 18th birthday tiaras:

Elisabeth: Wolfers Tiara
Ingrid Alexandra: Diamond Daisy Tiara
Catharina-Amaila: Rose Cut Tiara
Leonor: Mellerio Floral Tiara
Isabella: Mary's Wedding Tiara
Estelle: Victoria's 18th Birthday Tiara
Charlotte: Scroll tiara
Leonore: Madeleine's 18th birthday tiara
Old 04-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

The Dutch have so many small tiaras which are appropriate for young Princesses, and they have a tradition of sharing their jewels. So I don't expect anything new to be bought for any of them. I guess that the first tiaras will be something like the small version of the antique pearl tiara, the emerald tiara with pearls, or the laurel tiara.

Belgium is more complicated, they only have a small collection and not much of a tradition for sharing. Maybe the Duchess of Brabant will get the laurel tiara. But her younger sister will probably need a new one.

Spain? Nothing new, I bet. Probably they will start with the Prussian tiara and later start sharing the Prussian and floral tiara.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra will be very interesting to see. CP Mette-Merit seems too fond of her bandeau to give it up for her daughter. The diamond tiara of Queen Maud seems a bit big for a starter. Märtha-Louise received a new tiara, but since IA is the heir, they might want to give her an heirloom tiara. I'm really curious!

Old 04-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps Princess Elisabteh will get a new tiara from the belgian nobility like her mother did for her Wedding. As for Norway a nice starter tiara for Princess Ingrid Alexandra would be the Vasa tiara but this one is still with Princess Astrid so i think it is not very likely.
I agree that in the Netherlands there will probably be no new tiaras and that they will probbly start with the laurel wreath tiara or the aqumarine tiara or something like this.
In Spain my ghuess is the prussian tiara and the floral wreath tiara as starter tiaras but that will be hard for Letizia to give up the floral wreath tiara.
I also think in Sweden tehre will be now new tiaras and poor Estlle will prbably have to make with her mother's 18th birthday tiara. Let's hope they will give it a redesign. And for Leonore i think she will probably not attend much tiara Events apart from Family occasions.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Majesty

I hope Leonore will wear her mothers wedding tiara and the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara on a regular basis.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

With some good luck, Leonore might attend the Nobels together with the rest of the family. It's still a long time till she's old enough to attend, so it's difficult to say how the tiara events will develop. But I'd be very astonished if she were ever to attend state banquets.

I wonder what the Danes will do. Maybe CP Mary will give/loan her tiaras to her daughters, maybe they get their own. My secret hope is that they will buy Queen Alexandrine's diamond bandeau from Princess Elisabeth. That tiara would be a perfect starter.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
With some good luck, Leonore might attend the Nobels together with the rest of the family. It's still a long time till she's old enough to attend, so it's difficult to say how the tiara events will develop. But I'd be very astonished if she were ever to attend state banquets.

I wonder what the Danes will do. Maybe CP Mary will give/loan her tiaras to her daughters, maybe they get their own. My secret hope is that they will buy Queen Alexandrine's diamond bandeau from Princess Elisabeth. That tiara would be a perfect starter.
I don't see Leonore attending the Nobels. In fact, I am not even sure Madeleine will attend after Victoria becomes queen.

Leonore is currently 7th in the line of succession and about to fall to 8th when CP's second child is born. Furthermore, it is still possible that both Leonore and Nicolas might lose their HRH status if they don't move back to Sweden on a permanent basis by the time they start primary school. The Royal Family will be already crowded in the future with Victoria and CP both having at least two children each, and, accordingly, I really don't expect Leonore to attend many royal functions other than family events like weddings or funerals, especially if she lives overseas. She will still need a tiara for the latter though, but could borrow one from the Bernadotte foundation as King Carl Gustaf's sisters often do.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:43 PM
Majesty

Based on?

The swedish royals show up in large numbers for events like the nobels. We see countess Bernadottes attending the Nobels. They aren't even in the line of succession. As the niece of the queen, even if eighth or ninth in line for the throne, Leonor is a lot closer to the throne then many who attend now. Even if she loses her HRH. Madeleine has also said they are looking on a move.

I don't see Madeleine stopping even when her sister is queen. And I'd not be surprised if Leonor didn't attend some.

But as the royal women, even the crown princess, generally shares tiaras, it is highly unlikely even Estelle would get a new Tiara.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Based on?

The swedish royals show up in large numbers for events like the nobels. We see countess Bernadottes attending the Nobels. They aren't even in the line of succession. As the niece of the queen, even if eighth or ninth in line for the throne, Leonor is a lot closer to the throne then many who attend now. Even if she loses her HRH. Madeleine has also said they are looking on a move.

I don't see Madeleine stopping even when her sister is queen. And I'd not be surprised if Leonor didn't attend some.

But as the royal women, even the crown princess, generally shares tiaras, it is highly unlikely even Estelle would get a new Tiara.
Unless the rumours about Countess Estelles tiara being bought back are true ( Im still hoping)
Old 05-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Based on?

Countess Bettina Bernadotte is always invited to the Nobel Prize ceremony because she is the president of the Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings and member of the Board of the Foundation Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. Count Björn Bernadotte attended in 2009 and he is also involved in Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. Countess Marianne Bernadotte can have been invited in 2012 because she is a relative of the king, but also because of her widely known work at charity organizations. Princess Christina has attended at the Nobel Prize ceremonies, she is the Honorary Chairman/Member of many Royal Academies and organizations and varions charity associations.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Majesty

I hope Isabella and Josephine will wear their mother's wedding tiara and necklace tiara on a regular basis. Same thing goes for the ruby tiara but I doubt it. As for Charlotte I think she will wear the scroll tiara, Marys fringe tiara, and the Lotus tiara. Would love if she wore the Cambridge Pearl tiara but, again, I doubt it. My wish is to see her in tiaras we have have not seen in along time like the Strathmore tiara, the Teck Moon tiara, and Margaret's turquoise tiara.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I hope Isabella and Josephine will wear their mother's wedding tiara and necklace tiara on a regular basis. Same thing goes for the ruby tiara but I doubt it.

If Queen Ingrid's will is kept for future generations, then the ruby parure will be reserved for the crown princess. In other words, after Mary becomes queen, it will pass down to Christian's future wife.

Tags
birthday, jewellery, jewels, tiara, tiaras, young royals