Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She can get a loaner tiara from the BRF vaults if she wants a different style/color.

LaRae

to pass down in Harry's line?

Unless a Tiara is purchased for her [as one was for the Duchess of York], her Tiara won't be passed down. The BRF now loans its historic tiara's to its female members, and [on their death, or divorce] these heirlooms return to the Royal collection, [specifically to he Monarch], thus avoiding taxation, when the entire collection is inherited by the next occupant of the Throne.

Last edited:
I think it's possible IF she really likes sapphires. We just don't know what gems she is partial too. Maybe she'll get an all diamond set like the Queen has.
We don't know whether she is partial to any specific gem. I would have a really hard time answering that question myself. I do know that I prefer silver over gold jewelry - but should every woman have a favorite gem stone?

Sometimes women favor their birthstone, sometimes they don't. I like several different gems which I figure most women do. I also like my birthstone and have a ring made using fire opals.

Of course many women love diamonds as well.

LaRae

I have no clue what my birthstone is (nor am I interested in it) - and I guess I am not the only one. And yes, diamonds are fine (although zirconia is cheaper) as they can easily be worn with lots of clothes. My only preference is that it works well with my clothes and in some cases I don't have a clue what the name of the particular gem would be, I only know that it works well with certain items in my closet.

Sometimes women favor their birthstone, sometimes they don't. I like several different gems which I figure most women do. I also like my birthstone and have a ring made using fire opals.

Of course many women love diamonds as well.

LaRae

My birthstone is a diamond! :flowers:

Meghan's birthstone is a peridot; haven't seen any in the Royal collection.
Though you never know...

(Wasn't her engagement ring from her first marriage a diamond? Makes me think she won't get another diamond.)

Though you never know

I've never seen or heard of any in the British Royal Collection, but Queen Alexandra probably had at least some, as they were VERY popular in the early years of the 20th century.
Who can know what the vaults may contain !?

For some reason though, my gut feeling is that should there be a wedding, Meghan will opt out for simplicity and perhaps just wear a garland of flowers in her hair. Both Meghan and Kate seem prefer to be minimalistic when it comes to jewelry.

I wouldn't say wearing flowers are more simple. Some gets pretty frilly. Meghan doesn't do a lot of frill in her style. It'll likely be a tiara with a central motif.

Last edited:
Given her [noted] Feminism, perhaps jewels that make up the Colours of the 'votes for Women' campaign [violet, white and green], might be good ?

So Diamonds, Amethysts and Peridots..? They go beautifully together, and MANY Women of the time 'showed their colours' by wearing such jewels without their Husbands having a clue what they really meant...

Last edited by a moderator:
Given her [noted] Feminism, perhaps jewels that make up the Colours of the 'votes for Women' campaign [violet, white and green], might be good ?

So Diamonds, Amethysts and Peridots..? They go beautifully together, and MANY Women of the time 'showed their colours' by wearing such jewels without their Husbands having a clue what they really meant...

I can see her having some fun with her jewelry in the future. But for a tiara that will pass down to her family for generations? I have my doubts.

My birthstone is a diamond! :flowers:

Meghan's birthstone is a peridot; haven't seen any in the Royal collection.
Though you never know...

(Wasn't her engagement ring from her first marriage a diamond? Makes me think she won't get another diamond.)

I don't know that she won't go with diamonds again...those are kinda universal. But the trend lately I've seen has been colored diamonds and/or other gems.

I think Topaz would be gorgeous (Diana's) on her...as I've said before.

Hopefully we will find out sooner rather than later!

LaRae

I think Topaz would be gorgeous (Diana's) on her...as I've said before.

LaRae

I really don't see that ring as an engagement ring. It's a cocktail ring design and it's just too gawdy for regular wear. Doesn't mean Meghan wouldn't end up with the ring even if it's not engagement ring.

I know we've been talking about tiaras, but what about Diana's private jewelry? I believe the wedding gifts she received were hers to do what she's pleased with except for the royal family pieces. I know there were quite a bit from foreign royals too. Some have obviously gone to Catherine, but what else have we not seen that could potentially go to Harry's wife?

It would have to be re-worked...not as it is in the current form.

As far as Diana's jewelry goes I've said before too that it would be cool if they used a gem from her collection for the stone in an engagement ring.

LaRae

It would have to be re-worked...not as it is in the current form.

As far as Diana's jewelry goes I've said before too that it would be cool if they used a gem from her collection for the stone in an engagement ring.

LaRae

It'd have to be cut down significantly and Topaz rings are much more of cocktail ring than an engagement ring. It's best if it's kept in the current form and Meghan can wear it at events in the future. If the stone wasn't topaz, I'd say otherwise. I just don't see topaz for an engagement ring. I'm sure Diana has other jewelry they can pick a stone from if that's what Harry really wants.

Diana's preferred stone was clearly Sapphire, as Catherine's is..

Perhaps Harry's wife might care to differentiate herself ?

Last edited:
Diana's preferred stone was clearly Sapphire, as the Catherine's is..

Perhaps Harry's wife might care to differentiate herself ?

I know I would!
That's why I suspect Meghan will prefer an emerald or a ruby.

Anyway, gemstones such as topaz or peridot are generally considered inferior to emeralds, rubies, and sapphires.

Last edited:
I know I would!
That's why I suspect Meghan will prefer an emerald or a ruby.

Honestly, this is what's so fun about a royal engagement/wedding. We get to speculate on things like this and look at all that pretty stuff.

IIRC from pictures what little jewelry she does wear is yellow gold and diamonds as the stone (If any). I think she has a watch that is either sterling or platinum.

Simple and understated seems to be the theme.

LaRae

I don't understand the idea that X stone is inferior just because it's X stone. If the person loves them they aren't inferior in any setting.

LaRae

I don't understand the idea that X stone is inferior just because it's X stone. If the person loves them they aren't inferior in any setting.

LaRae

I think the better way to think of it is typically an engagement ring is something a woman wears forever (in the old days when marriage lasted til death), and it's an investment piece typically. It's not something that would be switched out all the time. Topaz is much more of a party piece. And of course the price tag attached to it reflects as it is a supply and demand situation.

Simple and understated seems to be the theme.

LaRae

Even her more expensive pieces like her Cartier watch or the Cartier love bangle, they are the more understated and timeless pieces.

Even her more expensive pieces like her Cartier watch or the Cartier love bangle, they are the more understated and timeless pieces.

Yes mostly classy quality type pieces. I know some folks won't like it but she does appear to have similar tastes to Kate. Which generally I think is a good thing when it comes to clothes/jewelry.

laRae

For Meghan:
Pink argyll diamond for the engagement ring
Aquamarine bracelet for the wedding present (Diana's)
The Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara as the loaner state tiara events

These are the earrings she seems to be wearing most often to galas; but of course she also has been seen wearing other earrings (with and without hanger):

Another one with hanger - (I like this one better)
Something small
Something black
Very tiny

I like all those.

LaRae

For Meghan:

Is the diamond already owned by the BRF or do you just mean in general?

LaRae

I think there is little chance of that, and besides it's too substantial for for a Woman wholly unused to Tiara wearing. Something less overpowering is needed imo.

I think the better way to think of it is typically an engagement ring is something a woman wears forever (in the old days when marriage lasted til death), and it's an investment piece typically. It's not something that would be switched out all the time. Topaz is much more of a party piece. And of course the price tag attached to it reflects as it is a supply and demand situation.

Old days? That still happens!

I think if it's a nice stone Topaz could be a unique engagement ring ...and let's face it, Meghan isn't going to be 'trading up' on engagement rings...whatever she gets.

I just like to see different or unique things. Unusual stones, chocolate/yellow diamonds etc etc.

LaRae

I think there is little chance of that, and besides it's too substantial for for a Woman wholly unused to Tiara wearing. Something less overpowering is needed imo.

I think of that as a Queen or Camilla tiara.

LaRae

Old days? That still happens!

I think if it's a nice stone Topaz could be a unique engagement ring ...and let's face it, Meghan isn't going to be 'trading up' on engagement rings...whatever she gets.

I just like to see different or unique things. Unusual stones, chocolate/yellow diamonds etc etc.

LaRae

I'm a bit jaded. :lol: I'm sure it still happens for a few, but majority of marriages do end up in divorce.

As for Topaz, it's not about trading up. But let's not trade down either. I just find cocktail rings inappropriate for engagement rings. We can do fun, and I'm sure knowing Harry, it will be fun, but let's keep it in the ballpark. :lol:

I'm a bit jaded. :lol: I'm sure it still happens for a few, but majority of marriages do end up in divorce.

As for Topaz, it's not about trading up. But let's not trade down either. I just find cocktail rings inappropriate for engagement rings. We can do fun, and I'm sure knowing Harry, it will be fun, but let's keep it in the ballpark. :lol:

Hmmm I think it's still around 50 percent not sure about the majority thing.

Anyway...the thing is with this couple I think about anything is possible...he's clearly not going to just fall in line with how things have always been done. I don't see it as trading down if it's a stone she likes ...regardless about 'conventional wisdom' or what 'everyone' says. She may hate Topaz ..who knows! lol She really doesn't seem to wear colored stones ...makes me lean more to diamond. Whatever she gets I hope it's something the personal jewels the boys inherited from Diana's collection.

LaRae

For Meghan:

I love pink diamonds!!

Right I know they borrow pieces..but I don't remember her really wearing (red carpet or whatever events) fancy jewelry. She might be more like Kate who doesn't seem to really enjoy wearing those big pieces.

LaRae

Kate has been wearing more significant pieces from the Royal vaults lately, though (one example is that gorgeous Grenville necklace she wore to the Spanish state dinner).

Probably the same will prove true of Meghan.
Even someone who dislikes wearing jewelry would be tempted by some of those pieces!

As always, I can come up with off the wall ideas that I know are 99.9% never going to happen but I've hit on an idea for Meghan that I'd really like to see happen.

First off, from what I've read about the Strathmore Rose tiara, if it was to be restored and strengthened up for Meghan, it might be nice to be able to individualize it with stones that could be uniquely Meghan. This sentence drew my eye on the Strathmore Rose. "The individual elements can be dismantled and worn as brooches, and according to Hugh Roberts were originally able to be substituted by single sapphires."

OK. So we have the tiara we'd want to work with. Now, what stone could be uniquely Meghan? My suggestion is the ametrine. Its not a widely known gem, its only available from one place in the world. Bolivia near the Brasilian border and to me, suits Meghan's heritage. The ametrine is a natural mixed gem that is both amethyst and citrine. I have several pieces of jewelry with ametrines and love them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom