Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't Meghan wear her wedding tiara for all formal occasions? Why a spare?

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, I do think that a headpiece or a tiara that is commissioned for Harry's bride will be the most logical way to go. That way, it remains in Harry's family and passed down through generations. Much like Sarah's wedding tiara that we'll probably see the York princesses wear on their wedding day and Anne's tiara that Zara wore.

Hmmm that makes sense too since eventually Harry's family will have more distance from the Throne.

LaRae

I still don't see a special tiara being made for Meghan, although I could be wrong.

Like the York princesses and Zara, they will use family heirlooms that remain within the family as the generations pass and the closeness to the throne gets more and more remote with time. This will eventually happen to Harry's family and his descendants so having a special "family" heirloom created at this time will be something that passes down in the family rather than return to the royal vault.

Meghan could wear a 'made for her' tiara over again. Most likely she will only have 2 or 3 tiara events a year anyway.

LaRae

Look at it this way too. When the Duchess of Cornwall's daughter, Laura, married, she wore her mother's Cubitt-Shand tiara that was a family heirloom from Camilla's family. It will continue to be passed down the line as the generations progress. It has no providence whatsoever with the BRF and even though Camilla will be Queen, none of her children will ever be seen wearing something from the royal vault.

Over time, its nice to have family pieces that have their own bit of history to it and remain within the family. This is what would happen should a tiara be created for Harry's bride. Its the start of their own family tradition.

If Meghan marries Harry and goes to lots of events that require a tiara, it could get boring wearing the same tiara to every occasion. Also, different dress styles and hair styles look better with certain tiaras.

Look at it this way too. When the Duchess of Cornwall's daughter, Laura, married, she wore her mother's Cubitt-Shand tiara that was a family heirloom from Camilla's family. It will continue to be passed down the line as the generations progress. It has no providence whatsoever with the BRF and even though Camilla will be Queen, none of her children will ever be seen wearing something from the royal vault.

Over time, its nice to have family pieces that have their own bit of history to it and remain within the family. This is what would happen should a tiara be created for Harry's bride. Its the start of their own family tradition.

Well this makes sense... but of course Meghan doesn't have that so clearly either one will have to be made or a "lesser" tiara from the Queen's vault will have to suffice for the wedding and then Meghan can have a spare?

So which is more important for the tiara Meghan wears:

1) That it is smaller than Kate's? This could be hard - hers was basically a headband.
2) That it has a less storied history than the tiara Kate wore? I guess I could see that.

What was the tiara Diana wore when she got married? Since Kate got both the ring and apparently Diana's watch too - would it be wrong if Meghan wore that tiara?

Diana wore her own family tiara to the wedding. The Spencer Tiara. Meghan won't have access to it. It belongs to Earl Spencer.

LaRae

And I don't think Meghan wearing Diana's tiara is a good omen. Just as I think Kate having Diana's ring is a bad omen.
Is it set in stone that Meghan's tiara has to be smaller than Kate's? Who came up with that rule.

When Kate wore the halo scroll we knew it was a ‘starter’ tiara. Kate has worn three different tiaras during her marriage and will have access to everything as Queen

Meghan may wear a ‘bigger’ tiara at her wedding but she will have access to a much more limited selection as a royal.

Last edited:
I definitely would like to see Meghan in a tiara. I don't really have a preference but if she were to wear something from the vault, then I think the Strathmore Rose would be a great choice, especially if Meghan were comfortable wearing it across the forehead. She could definitely pull that look off.

I fully expect Meghan to wear a tiara...I hope it's one of the BRF tiaras in the vault. There's plenty to choose from. Some will be off limits because they are already earmarked and worn by the Queen, Camilla or Kate etc. It's possible they could make a new one...but I hope not.

Tiaras: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: TIARAS & CROWNS

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

The Royal Family's Tiaras - The Royal Family's Jewels

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Jewel Central

LaRae

Who thinks it might be the LOTUS TIARA, (a bit heavier than the HALO TIARE).
it would look beautiful with MM hair in an updo! I think she can carry a bit more than DOC did.

When Kate wore the halo scroll we knew it was a ‘starter’ tiara. Kate has worn three different tiaras during her marriage and will have access to everything as Queen

Meghan may wear a ‘bigger’ tiara at her wedding but she will have access to a much more limited selection as a royal.

in Sweden it seems everyone can wear which ever tiara is available. I wish the BRF would go with this idea.

What was the tiara Diana wore when she got married? Since Kate got both the ring and apparently Diana's watch too - would it be wrong if Meghan wore that tiara?
Lady Diana Spencer wore the smaller of the two Spencer family tiaras at her marriage to The Prince of Wales. Both Diana's sisters and her brother's first wife also wore this tiara at their weddings. Her father (and later her brother) allowed her to keep the tiara to wear when she wished as it was easier to wear than Queen Mary's Lover's Knot. It is now back in the possession of Diana's brother, Charles, 9th Earl Spencer. The next wearer will probably be his wife, Countess Spencer, or one of his daughters at their marriages.

Meghan is not a Spencer, and so will not have access to the Spencer family tiara.

I believe we can rule out any tiaras that someone in the RF is already using.

Camilla has: Greville, Teck Crescent, Delhi Durbar.

Kate has: Cambridge Lover's Knot, Lotus, Halo.

Sophie has: Five Aquamarine, Her own wedding tiara.

It's possible some of these have been returned to the vaults by now, but maybe not.

So what would Meghan be most likely to get, if she doesn't receive a wedding tiara?

She's unlikely to get the Strathmore, it being SO fragile, even if restored it is [perhaps] too English in its motifs to be appropriate ?

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau [pirctured],last seen decades ago, worn by Princess Margaret would be good, if it is still in the Vaults ? No record exists of it being sold, either by Margaret or her heirs, so it's with the Windsors SOMEWHERE..

If Meghan is into sapphires that would look great on her.

There may be more tiaras locked way in vaults too that haven't seen the light of day in who knows when...maybe they will get dusted off.

LaRae

The Brazilian Parure Tiara would look great on her too.

LaRae

It is rumoured that she prefers Emeralds, but replacing the central Sapphire with an emerald [perhaps Queen Marys' carved emerald brooch] wouldn't be too difficult.

If Meghan is into sapphires that would look great on her.

There may be more tiaras locked way in vaults too that haven't seen the light of day in who knows when...maybe they will get dusted off.

LaRae

I don't think Meghan will get a sapphire engagement ring, because I think Harry would not want to choose the same thing as William.

I think he'd give her either an emerald or a ruby; if he does, the Grand Duchess with the emeralds instead of the pearls would be very nice.

It is rumoured that she prefers Emeralds, but replacing the central Sapphire with an emerald [perhaps Queen Marys' carved emerald brooch] wouldn't be too difficult.

I've heard that too but she doesn't wear much jewelry (even when going to fancy events) that I've noticed so hard to tell.

IF this is true and they go with emeralds I hope they get really good quality stones to make her tiara since I don't think the BRF has one with emeralds she can use?

LaRae

I don't think Meghan will get a sapphire engagement ring, because I think Harry would not want to choose the same thing as William.

I think he'd give her either an emerald or a ruby; if he does, the Grand Duchess with the emeralds instead of the pearls would be very nice.

I think it's possible IF she really likes sapphires. We just don't know what gems she is partial too. Maybe she'll get an all diamond set like the Queen has.

LaRae

The inner 'ring'of the Godman necklace [minus the drops] would make a fine tiara, if mounted on a frame.
Its in in the Queens possession and has been rarely worn, as the Cambridge emeralds have a far more significant association with the BRF.

That is gorgeous!!!! It would almost be a crime to break that up...but I like the color of those emeralds.

LaRae

I've heard that too but she doesn't wear much jewelry (even when going to fancy events) that I've noticed so hard to tell.

LaRae

It's possible she doesn't have any.

Many actresses prefer to simply borrow the pieces they wear to red-carpet events, rather than invest in items they will seldom use.
(But IF she marries Harry, she will use them).

Right I know they borrow pieces..but I don't remember her really wearing (red carpet or whatever events) fancy jewelry. She might be more like Kate who doesn't seem to really enjoy wearing those big pieces.

LaRae

The inner 'ring'of the Godman necklace [minus the drops] would make a fine tiara, if mounted on a frame.
Its in in the Queens possession and has been rarely worn, as the Cambridge emeralds have a far more significant association with the BRF.

That's a good one. They could redesign it and take out at least some of the other emeralds and make other pieces of jewelry with it.

Right I know they borrow pieces..but I don't remember her really wearing (red carpet or whatever events) fancy jewelry. She might be more like Kate who doesn't seem to really enjoy wearing those big pieces.

LaRae

She's not the frumpy or fussy type. Her style is pretty simplistic. Same with why we don't see her in prints a lot. She's definitely into monochromatic dressing.

The more I think about it, the more I think she'll likely have an all diamonds tiara as one given to her (perhaps wedding tiara) and maybe another loaner with colored gems. Diamond tiaras are just more versatile and goes with everything. For families with only one tiara, that's usually what they pick, and that's what will happen with Harry's line. They won't get access to the vault at all after Meghan.

almost be a crime to break that up.

Detaching the drops and putting it on a frame are all reversible steps. If I were a jeweller I would add four more small square emeralds from elsewhere [two either side] in the festoon at either end, so the 'green' is carried through consistently.

The central drop could be mounted as a brooch, another pair as earrings, leaving four 'to play with'...

Last edited:
Detaching the drops and putting it on a frame are all reversible steps. If I were a jeweller I would add four more small square emeralds from elsewhere [two either side] in the festoon at the ends, so the 'green' is carried through consistently.

The central drop could be mounted as a brooch, another pair as earrings, leaving four 'to play with'...

Well if they break it up they might as well do it right and use the rest of the pieces. Earrings, brooch, necklaces etc. Make a smaller parure out of it or something.

LaRae

Detaching the drops and putting it on a frame are all reversible steps. If I were a jeweller I would add four more small square emeralds from elsewhere [two either side] in the festoon at the ends, so the 'green' is carried through consistently.

That's what I'd do. I think also think the large emerald can be made to be interchangeable as a center piece on a pearl choker or brooch.

But do you think it's likely she'll get a colored gem tiara as wedding tiara to pass down in Harry's line? It just doesn't seem as versatile as diamond tiaras. What if someone wanted to wear a red dress? :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom