Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There also is the distinct possibility that Harry's bride may opt out for no tiara at all and go with flowers or jeweled hairpins. The sad thing is that as we move further and further into the 21st century, the occasions that call for wearing tiaras are getting scarcer.

There also is the distinct possibility that Harry's bride may opt out for no tiara at all and go with flowers or jeweled hairpins. The sad thing is that as we move further and further into the 21st century, the occasions that call for wearing tiaras are getting scarcer.

I doubt Harry's bride will opt for no tiara at her wedding as that would be a major departure from recent BRF tradition . Besides, with a slimmed-down monarchy under Charles, it is very likely that Harry and his wife will attend most official tiara events (normally two per year at least). Harry's wife will need a working tiara then and the easiest way to do it without having to share historic items from the monarch's personal collection is to buy her a new one for her wedding and make it her working tiara thereafter.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Harry's wife wearing more than one tiara on a regular basis.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Harry's wife wearing more than one tiara on a regular basis.

I think you're probably right with this statement. Harry's wife will always be in the position that she is the day that she marries unless something dire happens. We're most likely to see the different tiaras on the Princess of Wales (should William be created Prince of Wales) and then as Queen Consort.

There really won't be a great need for Harry's wife to have more than one tiara.

There are several tiaras in the collection that we haven't seen in years. Although it's been cited that Camilla have the Teck Cresent Tiara, she and nobody else has worn it in decades. There's also Queen Mary's bandeau that Princess Margaret used to wear. Not counting Diana's jewel collection.

There's plenty of jewels for Harry's wife to explore.

I don't know if there's plenty of jewels for her to explore. Its not like they have a free reign to choose what they want from the vault.

I can't see Camilla clutching the Teck Crescent tiara to her bosom and saying 'No!' if Harry's wife wanted to borrow it, as she herself has never worn it. We don't know where the bandeau is either. It may be with Camilla. Of course Camilla has many private jewels too. She could leave a few to Harry's wife as well as her own daughter when she passes, jewellery which could be converted.

My observation is that no royal woman other than the Queen wears different tiaras from the royal collection. A royal woman may switch tiaras but once that switch happens she wears that tiara until the next switch. For example, Catherine wore the Halo Scroll on her wedding day, then she switched to the Lotus tiara and now she wears the Lover's Knot Tiara. I don't think that we will be seeing her in the Halo Scroll or Lotus tiaras again, and if she debuts another royal collection tiara, which I doubt, then we will not see her in the Lover's Knot tiara, at least not during Queen Elizabeth's reign.

Same thing with Camilla, she only wore the Delhi Durbar tiara once and then she started wearing the Greville tiara, there may have been another tiara in between that but there are no photos of her in that tiara, but she has not been seen in the Delhi Durbar after she started wearing the Greville.

With Sophie, I am pretty sure that she has not been spotted in her wedding tiara after she debuted the aquamarine tiara in 2012.

Camilla and Sophie wear other tiaras like Sophie's other aquamarine tiara, the one that doubles as a necklace, but those seem to be private acquisitions or family tiaras. The more I think about it I suspect that Sophie's aquamarine tiara / necklace combo was probably gifted/funded by the Queen and will be the Wessex family tiara.

What that means for Harry's future wife is that, if he gets married during his grandmother's reign, his wife will be given access to one tiara from the royal collection, but switching will be allowed, and she will also be gifted a tiara. Now all of this can get turned on its head when Charles becomes King.

If they do start her out with a new one, I hope they buy it and not cobble it together. There are such beautiful ones that come up for auction. Even better if they can get their hands on with some known providence.

If they do start her out with a new one, I hope they buy it and not cobble it together. There are such beautiful ones that come up for auction. Even better if they can get their hands on with some known providence.

I doubt they would buy a tiara with a known provenance, a Wales bride wearing the tiara will create a provenance anew. Plenty of old tiaras cone up for sale, just walk along Burlington Arcade to see a selection.

Prince Harry plans to ‘turn Dianaâ€[emoji769]s tiara into engagement ringâ€[emoji769] | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

If there's any truth to this, it would ruin any surprise impact from Harry to Meghan. I hope it's false. Besides, he needs to meet with her parents first. When or if I read that Harry is headed to Mexico, then we know why.

No he doesn't. It's far more common, now that people are marrying later in life when they have established lives separate from their parents for the couple to decide together and tell the parents together.

While asking a parents permission is rare now a days, especially in older couples, it is still pretty uncommon to propose when you haven't even met the family. I a, not saying Harry will ask her dad for her hand, but not even to meet hurt parents, even for dinner, is unlikely.

I highly doubt it would be in Mexico. It's not like her dad never leaves. They wouldn't want to broadcast. I am sure dad could come visit.

It's a slow news week/month for them. Very unlikely there's any truth to that.

LaRae

It's a slow news week/month for them. Very unlikely there's any truth to that.

LaRae

Agreed. Harry wouldn't reveal he was talking rings yet. Or want what stone public.

Nor would any jeweller leak the information. Best way to lose a customer. And they aren't about to throw away a royal patron.

Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...

LaRae

I suppose they assume that any engagement ring Harry gives to a future wife would come from jewels belonging to Diana, considering her actual engagement was re-used. The idea makes sense, but whether that is actually what would happen is another matter.

I suppose they assume that any engagement ring Harry gives to a future wife would come from jewels belonging to Diana, considering her actual engagement was re-used. The idea makes sense, but whether that is actually what would happen is another matter.

Agreed, makes sense. Likely hoping make a lucky guess.

Emerald is likely a good guess. It's not likely she would get a sapphire like Kate. I can see the paper claiming if Meg abd Harry do get engaged, and it's a diamond and not emerald, the stones come from the choker. They won't admit to being wrong.

Well, they claimed to have spoken to the jeweler making the ring from the tiara. It almost seems plausible, but I don't think it's entirely true.

There is no direct quote from the jeweler. The identity of the crown jeweler is a known thing. The article claims that Harry has asked Charles for permission to use the jewels, but the jewels are the Queen's. Harry is also not a penniless former Prince of Greece and Denmark who used diamonds from his mother's tiara for an engagement ring.

I'm trying hard to figure out just what article of jewelry Diana actually owned that could possibly be broken up to provide a stone for Harry. I don't follow jewelry all that much so its perplexing to me.

I do seriously doubt that anyone that would have been trusted to take on a project such as making a ring for Harry would definitely not talk to anyone about it or even hint that this is in the works. My take on it is that now that Harry's been out in public (at a wedding no less) with Meghan, tabloids are jumping the gun thinking Harry caught wedding fever and that an engagement is imminent. The only thing they have really to go by is that William proposed with Diana's engagement ring and Harry would do no less.

I'm not holding my breath on any of these "supposed" rumors until its actually made fact by credible sources.

The choker was said to be gifted to Diana by the queen. So the ownership is questionable. Certainly wouldn't be the first time a new piece was made from old. The choker itself was made by jewels from another set.

If he wants a piece with history there are likely other rings in the vaults his grandmother may allow him to use. But besides Kate and Camilla, new rings are more common.

I have little doubt Harry's wife will wear some of Diana's jewels but stands to be seen if her engagement ring is.

There is no direct quote from the jeweler. The identity of the crown jeweler is a known thing. The article claims that Harry has asked Charles for permission to use the jewels, but the jewels are the Queen's. Harry is also not a penniless former Prince of Greece and Denmark who used diamonds from his mother's tiara for an engagement ring.

Prince Phillip aside, I think it's quite romantic and charming when men use family pieces for their fiancee's and/or new wives.

I think it would be neat if Harry does use a family piece (from whomever in the family doesn't have to be his mother's) for his future wife.

LaRae

No, the choker wasn't Diana's. It was on loan to her from Her Majesty. The article was pretty much made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom