Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Catherine has worn the Lotus Tiara, maybe Harry's future wife will wear that tiara as well. I doubt it but it would be great if she wore it as a wedding tiara.

If only a future wife were in sight. It might be a very long wait till this question gets answered.

Maybe she'll get a new tiara first, and after some years a loaner from the vaults. The Strathmore rose tiara would be great. I don't really think that she'll wear the srcoll, since this was Kate's wedding tiara.

I just found out from a fellow member that Camilla may have the Teck Moon tiara. If so, it gives me hope that Harry's wife may wear it on her wedding day. :)

I just found out from a fellow member that Camilla may have the Teck Moon tiara. If so, it gives me hope that Harry's wife may wear it on her wedding day. :)

It's said that Camilla has the Teck tiara but she hasn't worn it. I think it should go to Catherine.

It's not impossible, of course, that Prince Harry's future bride may have her own tiara ;)

If it's such a huge tiara, probably not. His wife might not want to wear a lot of false hair on her wedding day to anchor the thing.

(But she might not want to wear the same one Catherine did, either).

There's probably a few others in the vaults though.

Imo the Teck crescent tiara if fairly small, which is why Queen Mary's mother added a double row diamond riviere at the base. Imo the tiara is too small for Camilla's hair and it would be a perfect starter tiara for a new princess.

The British Royals don't seem to go for tiara sharing. That's why I think that Princess Harry won't get one of the tiaras Katherine has worn.

The article said the Teck tiara has a huge circumference, and needed false hair to hold it. That's why I said a bride might not want to wear it on her wedding day.

Would like to see Empress Marie Feodorovna's sapphire bandeau again. Maybe that could be a possibility for a wife of Harry ?

I'm very partial to the sapphire bandeau and hope to see it again. Though I think that Harry's wife will receive a "white" tiara as her first tiara. Maybe the sapphire bandeau can be her second tiara, after several years of marriage?

Now that Catherine has worn the Lotus Tiara, maybe Harry's future wife will wear that tiara as well. I doubt it but it would be great if she wore it as a wedding tiara.

Given the fact that Serena Linley wore it as her wedding tiara prior to the death of Princess Margaret when the piece was returned to the vaults I cannot see it being used as a wedding tiara again for some years.

Personally I can't see Harry's wife getting married in a tiara which was previously worn by her sister-in-law Catherrine. To me that seems a bigger obstacle than Serena Linlay's wearing it, as I believe that it is considered as Catherine's second tiara now.

I have a real feeling that, in the next reign, we will see the british family form a foundation like the Dutch & Swedish families. In fact it may already being collated with the return of jewels from Princess Margaret being the catalyst. It will probably be an expansion on the items Queen Victoria designated "for all future Queens'".

I believe that Catherine wore this tiara because the Halo Scroll, her wedding tiara for which matching earrings made at a wedding gift, was unavailable as it was on loan to Cartier as part of the Cartier: Style and History exhibit at the Grand Palais.

I think that also accounts for the lack of further photos wearing the Lotus Tiara. But also means it's available for others to use.

I have a real feeling that, in the next reign, we will see the british family form a foundation like the Dutch & Swedish families. In fact it may already being collated with the return of jewels from Princess Margaret being the catalyst. It will probably be an expansion on the items Queen Victoria designated "for all future Queens'".

There isn't a need for a foundation. The sovereign to sovereign transfer is tax free so the tiaras and jewelry just goes to the next monarch and it can be loaned out when needed. The collection has been maintain thru several monarchs this way and new stuff got added thru the years.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What if Harry doesn't marry until he is in his 50s?
George will be needing a tiara of two for his wife.
And Cambridge baby 2 will need a tiara for herself or his spouse.

Harry's wife, if she receives one at all, will probably receive only one simple tiara.

Last edited:
I think Harry's wife will receive a new tiara.

There isn't a need for a foundation. The sovereign to sovereign transfer is tax free so the tiaras and jewelry just goes to the next monarch and it can be loaned out when needed. The collection has been maintain thru several monarchs this way and new stuff got added thru the years.

You are forgetting that a large portion of what HM has now was left directly to her by her Grandmother, Queen Mary. These are the items now at risk.
Also, Queen Mary decimated the historical collection with the items that she gave to her daughters in law. Lost to the main line were important items like the Sapphire Circlet, the Cambridge Sapphires & the (now) Gloucester Turquoise parure. Thankfully it appears that much of what Princess Margaret was given has been returned to the vaults. This has been confirmed to some degree by Catherine wearing the Lotus Flower tiara & the Cartier Scroll tiaral The only piece not confirmed safe is the Turquoise Flames of Love set.

You are forgetting that a large portion of what HM has now was left directly to her by her Grandmother, Queen Mary. These are the items now at risk.

The items are "at risk" only insofar as the Queen decides to distribute them widely. She appears to have demonstrated no such signs so far, so it is hardly, IMO, a real risk.

Also, Queen Mary decimated the historical collection with the items that she gave to her daughters in law. Lost to the main line were important items like the Sapphire Circlet, the Cambridge Sapphires & the (now) Gloucester Turquoise parure. Thankfully it appears that much of what Princess Margaret was given has been returned to the vaults. This has been confirmed to some degree by Catherine wearing the Lotus Flower tiara & the Cartier Scroll tiaral The only piece not confirmed safe is the Turquoise Flames of Love set.

Most of what Queen Mary "decimated" had been purchased by her in her lifetime. Surely she was entitled to dispose off it as she deemed appropriate?

Most of what Queen Mary "decimated" had been purchased by her in her lifetime. Surely she was entitled to dispose off it as she deemed appropriate?

and, with hindsight, we can look back and mourn the loss of these items. The problem arose because a lady of Queen Mary's rank and generation would not have seen a time when her descendants would not need major jewels & tiaras on a regular basis. She herself dressed for dinner each night complete with Jewels & tiara. When you look to her great grandchildren only the children of the Queen & Prince Phillip (or their wives) have regular use for major jewels. The others will probably sell off what they inherit from their parents to pay Death Duties.
Even the items held by the Princess Royal may well be sold by Peter & Zara at some time in the future unless there is an agreement that they will be returned to the vaults upon the death of HRH.

Last edited:
What if Harry doesn't marry until he is in his 50s?
George will be needing a tiara of two for his wife.
And Cambridge baby 2 will need a tiara for herself or his spouse.

Harry's wife, if she receives one at all, will probably receive only one simple tiara.
By the time George marries Catherine will most likely be Princess of Wales and the current Queens tiaras will have been re-distributed to Camilla and Catherine, leaving the smaller halo tiara and lotus tiaras available for the younger set. There are so many tiaras in the BRF, that there can hardly occur a shortage of tiaras, imho.
Maybe we have to accept that the RF cannot accumulate tiaras for ever and ever. It has long been common practice that old pieces of jewellery are distributed between the children or even re-set to make new pieces. In the same time it was an accepted idea that the ladies would get new and modern jewels as well, so that they were up the the current fashion. All in all this made the jewel collection of the RF rather grow than deminish. And last not least I would say that the idea of the historic value of heirloom pieces is fairly new, so we can't mearsure Queen Mary's distribution completely by modern standards.

The Queen Victorias sapphire tiara and the Cambridge sapphires are certainly a loss from modern perspective. But they were given away in a time when every lady of the upper class would need a sufficiant casket of jewels. There was no way to see that the descencents would one day no longer have tiara occasions to attend.
The items are "at risk" only insofar as the Queen decides to distribute them widely. She appears to have demonstrated no such signs so far, so it is hardly, IMO, a real risk.

Imo the Queen has adopted the more modern perception that heirloom jewels should be kept to the main line of the family. Also she is the first Queen to know that some of her grandchildren and most of hre great-grandchildren will no other tiara occasions than their own weddings. It seems that she stopped giving away tiaras as presents. From all we know, Catherine was loaned her two tiaras, there is no sign that she's owning them. Therefore it is likely that future brides and Princesses will be loaned tiaras as well. Therefore I don't see much of a danger for the collection.

Imo, the last tiaras that were really given as a present were the pine cone aquamarine tiara and the greek key tiara of Princess Anne. And the pine cone tiara was only one of the more insignificant tiaras of the Queen Mum, while the greek key tiara has never been worn by any Queen at all. (Which is a pity, of course.)

Imo, the last tiaras that were really given as a present were the pine cone aquamarine tiara and the greek key tiara of Princess Anne. And the pine cone tiara was only one of the more insignificant tiaras of the Queen Mum, while the greek key tiara has never been worn by any Queen at all. (Which is a pity, of course.)

It is hoped that the Meander tiara comes back to the vaults at some time. It would provide a tangible link to Prince Philips family for future generations.

It is hoped that the Meander tiara comes back to the vaults at some time. It would provide a tangible link to Prince Philips family for future generations.
That would of course be a great solution, since it is a lovely tiara too. As a matter of fact we really don't know under which conditions the tiaras have been given to Princess Anne. The only thing we safely know is that she owns the festoon tiara. As it was a gift from a shipping company and has no other royal connection it wouldn't be a loss to the royal vault.

The Meander Tiara was given to the Queen by Princess Alice for a wedding present. She never wore it but Anne does. We don't know if she actually gave it to Anne or its on permanent loan. Zara and Autumn and the grandkids have no tiara needs other than a wedding day. So if tiara is still owned by the Queen, it will pass to Charles as monarch and return to vaults when Anne doesn't need it anymore.

If the Queen felt the need to save some of Queen Mary's tiaras that her cousins sold off. She could have bought them back before they were auctioned.

Many of the tiara's the senior royal brides wear on their wedding day are theirs as a lifetime loan, I think. I believe that Scroll Tiara is on loan to Catherine whenever she have to wear it.

Has Sophie worn a tiara from the Queen's vault or just the wedding tiara? She is the closest scenario to Harry's wife. Married to the son of the monarch, sister in law to monarch not in the direct line. Kate as a future PoW and Queen will have more tiaras options and not stay with the wedding tiara of the Halo which is sort of starter tiara. The Halo will probably go back in to the vault to return when George marries.

Has Sophie worn a tiara from the Queen's vault or just the wedding tiara? She is the closest scenario to Harry's wife. Married to the son of the monarch, sister in law to monarch not in the direct line. Kate as a future PoW and Queen will have more tiaras options and not stay with the wedding tiara of the Halo which is sort of starter tiara. The Halo will probably go back in to the vault to return when George marries.

Yes the aquamarine flower tiara she worn at the Weddings in Luxemburg and Sweden is onme tiara the Queen has also worn in the 60's.

Since 2012 the Countess of Wessex has worn the five aquamarine tiara at least four times. This tiara was seen on the Queen only once, at the 1970 Canadian tour. For a long time it was thought that this tiara had been dismantled to use the stones for the Queens other aquamarine tiara. But then Sophie suddenly wore it at the pre-wedding in Luxembourg and we know it's still intact.

Yet we don't know if it is a loan or a gift. So imo it doesn't tell us much about Princess Harry's wedding tiara.

Well it hard to guess a tiara for a person that doesn't exist yet. But it shows that future Harry wife will probably have access to another tiara in addition to a wedding one. Charles could be super generous in his reign and loan out several different tiaras to his future daughter in law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom