Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie's piece was reportedly made-up of Queen Victoria's circlet if I am not mistaken. I too think that his wife will get a new one but with the Queen you never know. After all she has held on to most of the jewels rather than pass them down. I do think it would be nice for Harry's future wife to get at least on historic piece. Teck circlet tiara maybe.

What about the Essex tiara? I think it's a lovely piece of jewelry.

Last edited:
Are there any photos of the Essex tiara or the Manchester tiara?

I think Harry's wife will be loaned a historic piece. Once Charles becomes king she, Kate, Camilla & Anne will carry the bulk of royal duties so she will need a significant piece for official state duties.

I think Harry's wife will be loaned a historic piece. Once Charles becomes king she, Kate, Camilla & Anne will carry the bulk of royal duties so she will need a significant piece for official state duties.

I would sure hope so. After all he isn't going away unless the Royal Family disappears.

I prefer for his wife: the scroll tiara, the papyrus tiara or the teck tiara. The first two have a nice history of staying with the "spares"

You find pictures of the Essex and Manchester Tiaras here...
Thank you for the photos. :wave:
I don't think in this economy they'll buy a tiara. I just hope to God she doesn't get a cut-and-paste one like Sophie's....and yes I know it's historical. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Sophie's first tiara is not the best. Her second one is nice though.

I prefer for his wife: the scroll tiara, the papyrus tiara or the teck tiara. The first two have a nice history of staying with the "spares"

Do you have a picture of the papyrus tiara? :flowers:

Sophie's piece was reportedly made-up of Queen Victoria's circlet if I am not mistaken. I too think that his wife will get a new one but with the Queen you never know. After all she has held on to most of the jewels rather than pass them down. I do think it would be nice for Harry's future wife to get at least on historic piece. Teck circlet tiara maybe.

The origins of Sophie's tiara have never been confirmed, and I remain sceptical of the link to the circlet of Queen Victoria.

That said, I do agree that it is unlikely that Harry's wife will receive a tiara with material royal lineage.

I too remain unconvinced about Sophie's tiara but that is what I have read.

I think that when you consider all of the jewels the Queen's has it would be nice of her to share. On the other hand if Harry's wife got a new tiara she would not be forced to give it back to the family so both sides have positives.

On the other hand the economic situation in England, at the time of his engagement, could determine what his wife gets. I don't think the public would be pleased about the royals spending money on a new tiara when there is some already in the family.

Any thoughts on which of Diana's jewels might go to Harry's future wife since they appear to be sharing her jewels? Perhaps his wife might get the diamond eternity band Diana liked so much or her sapphire brooch.

Last edited:
If Henry were not to marry until Charles was King and assuming most of the Queens jewels pass to the crown, would Harry's wife get a more elaborate/historical tiara as now daughter in law to monoarch do you think? Because until William and Kate have kids Harry would still be heir to heir if Charles is King so maybe different then Sohpie because Edward was never heir or heir to heir?

If Henry were not to marry until Charles was King and assuming most of the Queens jewels pass to the crown, would Harry's wife get a more elaborate/historical tiara as now daughter in law to monoarch do you think? Because until William and Kate have kids Harry would still be heir to heir if Charles is King so maybe different then Sohpie because Edward was never heir or heir to heir?

Could be possible. I don't think Charles (or Camilla) would be as stingy. The "senior" royal ladies would be able to borrow more often. Since Wills got the ring I'm hoping Harry will get the Saudi sapphire parure for his bride.

The origins of Sophie's tiara have never been confirmed, and I remain sceptical of the link to the circlet of Queen Victoria.
See Sophie's jewellery thread, posts 94-96 and post 111.

See Sophie's jewellery thread, posts 94-96 and post 111.

I am aware of the previous posts on these topics, but, with due respect, is there any confirmation at all of the view set out in these posts?

The investigation and evidence was comprehensively detailed some years ago in the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board.

Since Buckingham Palace generally does not comment on such matters and the RJOTWMB does not have permanent discussions (in contrast to TRF), members can choose to either accept it or not.

moz-screenshot.png
r1470672410jh7.jpg
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

What about this tiara?

If link doesn't work Brunei jewelry forums, pg 6, post 101.

I think the future Princess Henry will have a new tiara like Ferguie did. Kate will perhaps have the teck tiara or the girls of great britain tiara.

I think the future Princess Henry will have a new tiara like Ferguie did.

Thats my view as well. Alternatively, she may get something cobbled together like Sophie did.

Thats my view as well. Alternatively, she may get something cobbled together like Sophie did.

That might be a good idea. Almost a half-way point between the two ideas. I just hope it doesn't look like Sophie's first one.

I think the future Princess Henry will have a new tiara like Ferguie did. Kate will perhaps have the teck tiara or the girls of great britain tiara.

I would love to see the Teck Crescent tiara emerge--but it has a large circumference and I think it would be uncomfortable for Catherine. The Queen will most likely never give away the Girls of Great Britain--it's her favorite tiara and was a gift from her Grandmother--besides, it is very lightweight and is her signature piece. I still think one of the bandeau tiaras of Queen Mary will be seen on Catherine.

I would like to see a smaller version of the Teck worn by Prince Harry's wife.

I would love to see the Teck Crescent tiara emerge--but it has a large circumference and I think it would be uncomfortable for Catherine. The Queen will most likely never give away the Girls of Great Britain--it's her favorite tiara and was a gift from her Grandmother--besides, it is very lightweight and is her signature piece. I still think one of the bandeau tiaras of Queen Mary will be seen on Catherine.

It would be lovely to see one of the bandeau tiaras re-emerge!

Perhaps harry's wife will get something historical. Afterall there is plenty to go around. Harry or wife doesn't deserve to get the shaft because he is second son.

At least the Scroll tiara is out of the list of potential tiara's for Harry's future wife.

No doubt, I believe his wife would get the Lovers knot...question...what happened to Sarah tiara? Thought it was so beautiful

No doubt, I believe his wife would get the Lovers knot...question...what happened to Sarah tiara? Thought it was so beautiful

Who would get the tiara? Kate or Harry's wife.

As for Harry's future wife....my vote goes to the Cambridge's lover's knot tiara or the Teck.

I believe that Sarah's tiara is with her as it is a new tiara, so therefore hers really was a gift from the queen.

Could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom