The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Garrards and G Collins are a good place to start. Try searching royal jewellers.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
For a look at antique tiaras try

Antique Tiaras - Bentley & Skinner
Thank you.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

This diamond tiara has been sold. It has single and rose-cut diamonds.
Bonhams : A diamond tiara, (illustrated above)

Old 11-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The Teck Crescent is too big and not practical. Kate got a small tiara for her wedding and I doubt Meghan will get such a big one.
Kate was offered her choice of three tiaras for her wedding, and she chose the Halo.

Since she has worn the Lotus recently, I would think Meghan wouldn't wish to select that.

Does anyone know what Tiara was the third offering?
I'm guessing the Halo, the Lotus, and ????
The Lover's Knot???
Old 11-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
So why have one made for her then. No point. Just loan her one for the wedding and any other tiara events during the year (of which there aren't many).

LaRae

Best option is a foundation run by the monarch that oversees royal jewel use for the HRH ladies. I don't see it happening until William is crowned, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Kate was offered her choice of three tiaras for her wedding, and she chose the Halo.

Since she has worn the Lotus recently, I would think Meghan wouldn't wish to select that.

The Lover's Knot???

How do you know about the 3 choices, Mirabel?
Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think everyone is forgetting that there are lots of tiaras in the collection that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. A newly bought tiara can be introduced, but Harry’s future wife will have her pick amongst those that’s already in The Queen’s possessions.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:

The Lover's Knot???
If she had the choice of 3, I highly doubt the third was the lovers knott. I don't see her being given such a large tiara as option for her wedding.

I wouldn't say Kate wore the lotus 'recently'. She wore it back in 2013, which will be at least 5 years prior to the wedding. Now I would rule out the halo, for even though it was longer time period, I don't see the two women wearing same wedding tiara.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:49 AM
Nobility

An article from Camilla Tominey regarding the agreement between William and Harry for whichever one of them got engaged first to give their fiance Diana's engagement ring. And thus Kate received Diana's engagement ring, with leaves Prince Harry with Diana's 18 carat yellow gold Cartier Tank Francaise watch, to give to his future fiance (likely Meghan Markle, who reportedly loves that make and model of expensive Cartier watches).
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...rriage-wedding

Tominey seemingly has good sources, so this is possibly true information.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

I've been unable to find out whether 'the Saudi' Diamond necklaces were 'personal' or 'sovereign' gifts to HMQ.
If a necklace is put on a Tiara frame and offered as a 'lifetime loan' to the recipient [on the basis that it would return to the Royal collection upon death], that might [I think] be possible ? Other [more knowledgeable] posters may know otherwise !
Old 11-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
You know more than I do about these jewels, wyevale, so don't take anything that I think I know as gospel. Ever.

There's probably oodles of different stones and different tiaras in the royal vault that could be used for a remake into a wedding tiara and be on loan. They don't necessarily need to break down and use gifts from foreign heads of state to the Queen for that.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Meghan doesn't wear a tiara and a veil and perhaps just hair jewels with this being her second marriage. Maybe borrow one of HM's brooches to use in her hair? That would be something totally different. Then again, I could be very wrong.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
How do you know about the 3 choices, Mirabel?

It was mentioned in the massive wedding coverage.
However, the report never said which three tiaras.

Obviously the Halo was one; I'm just guessing about the Lotus since Kate has worn it to a state banquet.

But it could have been any three really.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:58 AM
Majesty

When you stated that there were three tiaras Kate had to choose from, I vaguely remembered that from the coverage leading up to the wedding too and I suppose we could go back through the archives here and find it but I just don't have the patience to do that right now.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Me either!

I'm afraid patience is not one of my virtues.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Majesty

If I was meant to have patience, I'd have graduated from medical school a long time ago.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Another question: How credible was the report that Kate had a choice of three tiaras? Did the tabloids really have a hard source for this, or did the make it up? Or partly make it up? Three is such a catchy number, it's the number I'd choose, if I were a tabloid journalist...

But I just can't imagine the the Queen, or the Royal House, or Charles, or whoever, would leave a bride entering the family completely without choice.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:

The Lover's Knot???
I also heard or read about the three tiaras sometimes after the 2011 wedding. And I believe the third choice was the Strathmore Rose tiara but I could be wrong...

Old 11-20-2017, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Another question: How credible was the report that Kate had a choice of three tiaras? Did the tabloids really have a hard source for this, or did the make it up? Or partly make it up? Three is such a catchy number, it's the number I'd choose, if I were a tabloid journalist...

But I just can't imagine the the Queen, or the Royal House, or Charles, or whoever, would leave a bride entering the family completely without choice.
Tabloid speculation that has been repeated for so long its being believed as fact. Its never been confirmed
Old 11-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Majesty

I think that story about the tiaras was just assumed by reporters. I mean yes logically it makes sense that Kate was given choices. I doubt the Queen said here ya go take it or leave it. We don't know though what tiaras those were as far as I know.

LaRae
Old 11-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Majesty

OK folks. A blast from the past. The answer to the question about how many tiaras Kate was given a choice of should be in there somewhere. Enjoy!

Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings
Old 11-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

It seems more credible in retrospect- she has indeed worn three different tiaras. Maybe those were her choices all along.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:00 PM

I saw a post on the Harry and Meghan thread and decided to bring the topic over here. Some one mentioned a magazine stating that Harry intended to use his mother’s brooch for an engagement ring. If what the article stated is true, then the only brooch that would be used is this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1541.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	300785

It looks to be a 4-5 carat oval diamond with a plethora of smaller diamonds to make bespoke a halo or double halo engagement ring.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry