The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #781  
Old 11-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,800
When it come to QEII, I can only think of the Vladimir tiara, which can be worn with the original pearls or with the Cambridge emeralds. And I doubt that Harry's bride will get one of the Queen's personal favourites. Apart from that, the Gloucesters have a palmette tiara with interchangeble centre, but well, that's with the Gloucesters. Queen Mary one wore the sapphire bandeau with an emerald brooch in the centre, but I don't know about a diamond centre piece for that tiara.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #782  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
No she's not going to get one of the Queen's big tiaras. Just pointing out they do at times wear colored stones in their tiaras.


LaRae
__________________

__________________
  #783  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No she's not going to get one of the Queen's big tiaras. Just pointing out they do at times wear colored stones in their tiaras.


LaRae
They do, but not for weddings.

And, you're right about many people choosing a favorite gemstone for an engagement ring, regardless of value.
But I don't see the BRF going that way.
__________________
  #784  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,800
Yeah, not at weddings, that's what I thought. The Queen has several tiaras with coloured stones, Sophie has the two aquamarine tiaras. But no member of the RF has ever worn a wedding tiara with coloured stones.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #785  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Hmmm that's true about weddings, I hadn't thought about that with the tiaras, they wouldn't want to clash with the bridal party.

Harry and Meghan are doing their own thing to some degree. It wouldn't suprise me if they do something not quite traditional with the rings or even the wedding!


LaRae
__________________
  #786  
Old 11-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't understand what value has to do with anything. IF Meghan loves Aquamarines (or whatever 'lesser' stone) and wants that as an engagement ring then why not?


LaRae
Value matters because we're talking about a royal doing the giving, not some random guy off the street. If Meghan loves aquamarines so much (and there's no reason to think she does) then perhaps she'll take to Diana's aquamarine ring and wear it on occasion. But I wouldn't expect her to be given one as an engagement ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Queen Mary's sapphire bandeau hasn't been seen since Princess Margaret wore it in young age. So it should be available as well. Only, I don't think the the BRF is fond of coloured stones in wedding tiaras. So i'd put my money on diamonds, with or without pearls.
The sapphire bandeau is one of my least favorite tiaras and I definitely don't see it as a wedding tiara. I suppose Meghan could make it work if she wore it to a state banquet, for example, but it really wouldn't be one of my choices for her.
__________________
  #787  
Old 11-01-2017, 08:09 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,935
Sadly, I believe that Harry's wife will receive a "new" tiara with no royal provenance just as Princess Margaret received the Poltimore, Sarah received (the most beautiful) mystery tiara, as did Sophie. There is speculation that Sophie's was created from was created from four detachable anthemions from Queen Victoria's regal circlet. However, that cannot be confirmed.

On the other hand, the senior line went royal with Diana receiving the Lovers Knot, Camilla receiving the Delhi Durbar and Catherine the Halo Scroll. All of these have significant historical value but Camilla and Catherine seem to have access to three apiece.

I am guessing it is all about keeping the historical pieces in the family as those of the Snowdon's, York's and Wessexes, when passed to their children are/will be lost to the family as the speed with which the Poltimore left the family attests.

So, either HM has something that can be created or, to my mind more likely, Prince Charles has purchased a tiara at auction. Since he has impeccable taste, here's hoping it is his choice.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #788  
Old 11-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
I love Sarah's tiara too!

I am hoping hoping hoping Meghan gets to use a tiara with provenance. Open the vaults!!!


LaRae
__________________
  #789  
Old 11-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Sadly, I believe that Harry's wife will receive a "new" tiara with no royal provenance just as Princess Margaret received the Poltimore, Sarah received (the most beautiful) mystery tiara, as did Sophie. There is speculation that Sophie's was created from was created from four detachable anthemions from Queen Victoria's regal circlet. However, that cannot be confirmed.

On the other hand, the senior line went royal with Diana receiving the Lovers Knot, Camilla receiving the Delhi Durbar and Catherine the Halo Scroll. All of these have significant historical value but Camilla and Catherine seem to have access to three apiece.

I am guessing it is all about keeping the historical pieces in the family as those of the Snowdon's, York's and Wessexes, when passed to their children are/will be lost to the family as the speed with which the Poltimore left the family attests.

So, either HM has something that can be created or, to my mind more likely, Prince Charles has purchased a tiara at auction. Since he has impeccable taste, here's hoping it is his choice.
Hmmmmm.......I admit to knowing next to nothing about jewels, so this has been fascinating. But I think I might like the idea of Meghan being given a new tiara? So it can be passed down, Meghan and Harry's family line. I'm torn because I get wanting her to get one with some history behind it.
__________________
  #790  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:45 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
When it come to QEII, I can only think of the Vladimir tiara, which can be worn with the original pearls or with the Cambridge emeralds. And I doubt that Harry's bride will get one of the Queen's personal favourites. Apart from that, the Gloucesters have a palmette tiara with interchangeble centre, but well, that's with the Gloucesters. Queen Mary one wore the sapphire bandeau with an emerald brooch in the centre, but I don't know about a diamond centre piece for that tiara.
They could make a new diamond central element which can be placed in the tiara insteed of the sapphire. This way the tiara would also become more versatil.
  #791  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:36 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They could make a new diamond central element which can be placed in the tiara insteed of the sapphire. This way the tiara would also become more versatil.
I do hope they don't give Harry's wife the sapphire bandeau. It's a lovely tiara with quite a lot of provenance;, and I would hate to see it leave the main line.
__________________
  #792  
Old 11-02-2017, 01:46 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do hope they don't give Harry's wife the sapphire bandeau. It's a lovely tiara with quite a lot of provenance;, and I would hate to see it leave the main line.
I can't see that given to her. Loaned for the wedding or other royal engagements, yes.


LaRae
__________________
  #793  
Old 11-02-2017, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,663
Whichever Tiara the lady gets, if it's an historic piece associated with the BRF it will be a lifetime loan...
__________________
  #794  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Assuming there's no objection to sapphires that Sapphire Bandeau would be lovely on her.


LaRae
__________________
  #795  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Ok folks in the know...do we know anything about the following tiara (scroll down at the link)?

Queen Mary's Diamond Lozenge Bandeau


Very art deco/modern looking.



LaRae
__________________
  #796  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:16 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Ok folks in the know...do we know anything about the following tiara (scroll down at the link)?

Queen Mary's Diamond Lozenge Bandeau


Very art deco/modern looking.



LaRae
And just like that, I know which one I hope will come out of storage (please let it be in royal storage) as the next bridal tiara. Gosh, that's lovely...without being boring, which I usually find all-diamond ones to be.
__________________
  #797  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:17 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Also is anything known about the Duchess of Teck Ears of Wheat Tiara? Is it still intact or do we know?


LaRae
__________________
  #798  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
And just like that, I know which one I hope will come out of storage (please let it be in royal storage) as the next bridal tiara. Gosh, that's lovely...without being boring, which I usually find all-diamond ones to be.
I am not a fan of art deco but I actually like that and I think it would suit Meghan.

Here's lots more pics of various tiaras: http://www.thetudorswiki.com/page/Mo...h+Royal+Tiaras


LaRae
__________________
  #799  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Ok folks in the know...do we know anything about the following tiara (scroll down at the link)?

Queen Mary's Diamond Lozenge Bandeau


Very art deco/modern looking.



LaRae
Nothing known about it's current whereabouts, so it could be still sitting in the vaults. At least I hope so! It's about time that it comes out into daylight again, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Also is anything known about the Duchess of Teck Ears of Wheat Tiara? Is it still intact or do we know?


LaRae
Afaik, that tiara hasn't been seen since Princess Alice wore it. I assume that it's either been sold or it is still with her descendants. There is no reason to believe that this jewel could be available for Harry's bride, imo.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #800  
Old 11-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Also is anything known about the Duchess of Teck Ears of Wheat Tiara? Is it still intact or do we know?


LaRae
Its intact, as of 2000 but it doesn't belong to the royal family. It never has.

Thought to be a wedding gift to Queen Mary's grandmother Augusta, it has belonged to the Teck line. Mary's mother inherited the tiara, but she gave it to her daughter in law, Alice. It passed through Alice to her daughter Lady May Abel and her granddaughter Anne Abel Smith. Anne's daughter in laws have worn it on their wedding day. The last being in 2000.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2017/01...f-wheat-tiara/
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children Aussie Princess Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 1897 11-29-2017 04:13 AM
Prince Ali bin Nayef, Princess Wejdan (ex-wife), Princess Reema (2nd wife) & Family Reina Royal House of Jordan 97 03-05-2017 05:30 PM
Convertible Tiaras/Necklaces and Versatile Tiaras Josefine Royal Jewels General Discussion 51 03-28-2016 01:59 PM




Popular Tags
birthday british royal history carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats current events denmark duchess of brabant duchess of cambridge earl of snowdon family general news grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín jewels king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein lord snowdon love monarchy monarchy versus republic news official visit paris prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen silvia question soderberg spanish royal family state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria zog



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises