Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Teck Crescent is too big and not practical. Kate got a small tiara for her wedding and I doubt Meghan will get such a big one.

Kate was offered her choice of three tiaras for her wedding, and she chose the Halo.

Since she has worn the Lotus recently, I would think Meghan wouldn't wish to select that.

Does anyone know what Tiara was the third offering?
I'm guessing the Halo, the Lotus, and ????
The Lover's Knot???

So why have one made for her then. No point. Just loan her one for the wedding and any other tiara events during the year (of which there aren't many).

LaRae

Best option is a foundation run by the monarch that oversees royal jewel use for the HRH ladies. I don't see it happening until William is crowned, though.

Kate was offered her choice of three tiaras for her wedding, and she chose the Halo.

Since she has worn the Lotus recently, I would think Meghan wouldn't wish to select that.

The Lover's Knot???

How do you know about the 3 choices, Mirabel?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone is forgetting that there are lots of tiaras in the collection that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. A newly bought tiara can be introduced, but Harry’s future wife will have her pick amongst those that’s already in The Queen’s possessions.

The Lover's Knot???

If she had the choice of 3, I highly doubt the third was the lovers knott. I don't see her being given such a large tiara as option for her wedding.

I wouldn't say Kate wore the lotus 'recently'. She wore it back in 2013, which will be at least 5 years prior to the wedding. Now I would rule out the halo, for even though it was longer time period, I don't see the two women wearing same wedding tiara.

Last edited:
An article from Camilla Tominey regarding the agreement between William and Harry for whichever one of them got engaged first to give their fiance Diana's engagement ring. And thus Kate received Diana's engagement ring, with leaves Prince Harry with Diana's 18 carat yellow gold Cartier Tank Francaise watch, to give to his future fiance (likely Meghan Markle, who reportedly loves that make and model of expensive Cartier watches).
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ss-Diana-proposal-engagement-marriage-wedding

Tominey seemingly has good sources, so this is possibly true information.

I've been unable to find out whether 'the Saudi' Diamond necklaces were 'personal' or 'sovereign' gifts to HMQ.
If a necklace is put on a Tiara frame and offered as a 'lifetime loan' to the recipient [on the basis that it would return to the Royal collection upon death], that might [I think] be possible ? Other [more knowledgeable] posters may know otherwise !

You know more than I do about these jewels, wyevale, so don't take anything that I think I know as gospel. Ever. :D

There's probably oodles of different stones and different tiaras in the royal vault that could be used for a remake into a wedding tiara and be on loan. They don't necessarily need to break down and use gifts from foreign heads of state to the Queen for that.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Meghan doesn't wear a tiara and a veil and perhaps just hair jewels with this being her second marriage. Maybe borrow one of HM's brooches to use in her hair? That would be something totally different. Then again, I could be very wrong.

How do you know about the 3 choices, Mirabel?

It was mentioned in the massive wedding coverage.
However, the report never said which three tiaras.

Obviously the Halo was one; I'm just guessing about the Lotus since Kate has worn it to a state banquet.

But it could have been any three really.

When you stated that there were three tiaras Kate had to choose from, I vaguely remembered that from the coverage leading up to the wedding too and I suppose we could go back through the archives here and find it but I just don't have the patience to do that right now. :D

:previous:

Me either! :flowers:

I'm afraid patience is not one of my virtues. :lol:

If I was meant to have patience, I'd have graduated from medical school a long time ago. ?

Another question: How credible was the report that Kate had a choice of three tiaras? Did the tabloids really have a hard source for this, or did the make it up? Or partly make it up? Three is such a catchy number, it's the number I'd choose, if I were a tabloid journalist...

But I just can't imagine the the Queen, or the Royal House, or Charles, or whoever, would leave a bride entering the family completely without choice.

The Lover's Knot???

I also heard or read about the three tiaras sometimes after the 2011 wedding. And I believe the third choice was the Strathmore Rose tiara but I could be wrong...

Another question: How credible was the report that Kate had a choice of three tiaras? Did the tabloids really have a hard source for this, or did the make it up? Or partly make it up? Three is such a catchy number, it's the number I'd choose, if I were a tabloid journalist...

But I just can't imagine the the Queen, or the Royal House, or Charles, or whoever, would leave a bride entering the family completely without choice.

Tabloid speculation that has been repeated for so long its being believed as fact. Its never been confirmed

I think that story about the tiaras was just assumed by reporters. I mean yes logically it makes sense that Kate was given choices. I doubt the Queen said here ya go take it or leave it. We don't know though what tiaras those were as far as I know.

LaRae

It seems more credible in retrospect- she has indeed worn three different tiaras. Maybe those were her choices all along.

I saw a post on the Harry and Meghan thread and decided to bring the topic over here. Some one mentioned a magazine stating that Harry intended to use his mother’s brooch for an engagement ring. If what the article stated is true, then the only brooch that would be used is this one.

IMG_1541.jpg

It looks to be a 4-5 carat oval diamond with a plethora of smaller diamonds to make bespoke a halo or double halo engagement ring.

The article I saw said he was going to make it out of some of his mothers diamonds. They are all just guessing.

LaRae

I think that story about the tiaras was just assumed by reporters. I mean yes logically it makes sense that Kate was given choices. I doubt the Queen said here ya go take it or leave it. We don't know though what tiaras those were as far as I know. LaRae

Love the image conjured! ;) And how would that go? Do they meet up at a tea and HM whips out 3 tiaras from her bag? :cool: "I have a little something here, Kate. Which one do you like?" Or does she send soon-to-be-daughter-in-law into a room with all the jewels with 3 tiaras having a red ribbon tied to them? Or she sends the 3 tiaras over to said future daughter's house on a tray? Just wondering how that whole scenario plays out. :flowers:

Love the image conjured! ;) And how would that go? Do they meet up at a tea and HM whips out 3 tiaras from her bag? :cool: "I have a little something here, Kate. Which one do you like?" Or does she send soon-to-be-daughter-in-law into a room with all the jewels with 3 tiaras having a red ribbon tied to them? Or she sends the 3 tiaras over to said future daughter's house on a tray? Just wondering how that whole scenario plays out. :flowers:

I rather like the silver tray imagery! :D

They sit down for tea and in comes her husbands uncle with the tiaras on a silver tray.

LaRae

I heard Kate visited the palace and the three tiaras were set out for her to view.
But I won't swear that is an accurate depiction.

I really hope it isn't true that Harry is commissioning a ring from his mother's diamonds.
For one thing, Meghan had a diamond engagement ring for her first marriage. It will invite unpleasant comparisons.
And for another, I read somewhere that Meghan really prefers colored stones.

So I am hoping for an emerald or a ruby.

If Meghan likes colored stones she sure hasn't shown it by wearing them. Mostly we see her in plain band type rings.

Diamonds are universal. Regardless if she wore them in her first marriage. Colored stones are much more specific.

LaRae

You can now take this discussion to Meghan's 'Wedding Tiara/Jewelry Suggestions' thread and the 'Future Tiaras and Jewels' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom