The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Courtier

The Spencer tiara has stayed in the family because most of the property goes to the eldest son, they typically don't make acquisitions like that for a second son. Nevertheless I expect a tiara to be acquired for Harry since he will have a dukedom but I don't think that there is a need for a substantial tiara to be acquired for Harry's wife for the wedding or the few tiara events that happen each year that she may or may not get invited to.

Speaking of the Spencer Tiara, my hope was that the Spencers would make that available to Harry's wife but it's been pointed out that will not likely happen because it is earmarked for Spencer men and women (presumably the once who carry the Spencer name) and women who marry Spencer men, but I am still holding out a teensy amount of hope that it will be made available for Harry's wife.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
The Spencer tiara has stayed in the family because most of the property goes to the eldest son, they typically don't make acquisitions like that for a second son. Nevertheless I expect a tiara to be acquired for Harry since he will have a dukedom but I don't think that there is a need for a substantial tiara to be acquired for Harry's wife for the wedding or the few tiara events that happen each year that she may or may not get invited to.
I'm well aware of the property being passed to first son in dukedoms and they don't typically make purchase for second son. However, Harry is the first duke in his line. When it comes to his children, I wouldn't expect a tiara to be purchased for the second son if they have more than one son.

Again, I don't understand why people think she wouldn't have that many to go to in the future compared to the current royal ladies. She'll be in most state dinners. Harry just attended his first state dinner, so I'd expect that he would be at most of them from now on unless he has a conflict. Edward and Sophie actually attend a lot of state dinners, they just don't sit at the head table or get photographed as much.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Courtier

There are possibly three public/semi-public tiara events each year, plus I'll throw in that there are private family events. If Harry and his wife participate in all events then his wife can wear the same tiara to all events. Using Sophie as an example she debuted her wedding tiara in 1999, and the first time she wore a different tiara was 2004.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Courtier

I wonder whether at some point Harry and wife will start representing the BRF abroad (the role that Edward and Sophie currently fulfill); that would also include tiara events...
Old 10-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Probably at some point Harry and his wife will represent the monarch abroad. There aren't that many tiara events however wherever they go - other than visits to other royals or things like CHOGM - and Harry isn't high enough on the totem pole to represent the monarch at that.

A lot would depend on how much longer the Queen lives along with Charles. If William is King in the next 10 years then Harry would represent the monarch at tiara type events more often than if it is 30+ years by which time it would be George and Charlotte in those roles.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just throwing this into the mix. There will be three future events where Harry's wife will definitely need a tiara and those events will be coronations. Charles, William and George's coronations most likely will happen during Harry's marriage. If they have a daughter and she is of age, she also will need a tiara for George's coronation.

I'm just guessing but I think there will be one tiara that is going to be Harry's wife's (which for future generations could be the Sussex tiara or whatever dukedom Harry is granted) and one that will be on loan from the vault. This nicely covers the contingency for George's coronation.

Now that would be what I would call really planning ahead for the future by the BRF.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

There is not going to be royal weddings on European continent for several years since every one is basically already married or young kids. Royal funerals/coronations is basically handled by the heir apparent so that will be William in Charles's reign. The Queen doesn't do much overseas travel anymore. We don't know if Charles will do something similar when he is King. Initially King Charles will want to visit the various overseas realms himself as King plus he will want to call upon his various royal counterparts in person. The same thing with King William. So I don't see a large need for Harry to represent the monarch overseas other than the various normal tours based on the requests of the Foreign office which aren't going to be Tiara events.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Just throwing this into the mix. There will be three future events where Harry's wife will definitely need a tiara and those events will be coronations. Charles, William and George's coronations most likely will happen during Harry's marriage. If they have a daughter and she is of age, she also will need a tiara for George's coronation.
Big maybe on whether Harry and wife will be around to attend George's coronation.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Big maybe on whether Harry and wife will be around to attend George's coronation.
With the longevity in the Windsor genes, I would think its very likely. I was going to quip that perhaps the Queen would even still be around but then reality sunk in and if the Queen was still around, there wouldn't be another coronation.

When George's coronation does happen, Harry's kids will be first cousins to George and most definitely at the coronation. Harry and his wife (if still living) will be aunt and uncle to the monarch.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I agree. I'm not at all convinced Harry will outlive William.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:34 PM
Majesty

It's pretty crazy to think about....the Queen could easily reign another 10 years given the longevity of the females in that family. Charles would be around 80 ...William in his early 40's. Charles could go 20 years as King ...William would be in his 60's and George in his 30's. If William is as long lived and reigns 40 years ...George is in his 70's before he is crowned. Now this is all based on how long lived the Windsor's seem to be..

LaRae
Old 10-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Especially with Harry being a smoker and William isn't.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
:
Depending on timing of things, Harry's daughter could need a tiara for William's coronation. If they get married and have a child within the next two years, the young lady would be 18+ by the time Charles is the Queen's age right now.

And this conversation just got morbid talking about death order of people in their early to mid thirties. You just never know. My grandpa smoked and drank his whole life, and he lived until 93. The other grandpa didn't smoke or drink and died in his 50s.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

No more different than talking about tiaras for people that don't exist yet like Harry's daughter.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Majesty

One thing we do know for sure is that the "Firm" and the monarchy and the BRF are not ones to leave things to chance and handle things when they happen to occur but plan ahead. Its just the way they do things.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Probably at some point Harry and his wife will represent the monarch abroad. There aren't that many tiara events however wherever they go - other than visits to other royals or things like CHOGM - and Harry isn't high enough on the totem pole to represent the monarch at that.

A lot would depend on how much longer the Queen lives along with Charles. If William is King in the next 10 years then Harry would represent the monarch at tiara type events more often than if it is 30+ years by which time it would be George and Charlotte in those roles.
That's what I was thinking as well. That it will depend a lot on the timing. At some point it might be more logical for Charlotte or younger sibling to take over the European royalty events from Edward and Sophie instead of Harry and wife. I don't expect George to take on this role as William never had the role either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
There is not going to be royal weddings on European continent for several years since every one is basically already married or young kids. Royal funerals/coronations is basically handled by the heir apparent so that will be William in Charles's reign. The Queen doesn't do much overseas travel anymore. We don't know if Charles will do something similar when he is King. Initially King Charles will want to visit the various overseas realms himself as King plus he will want to call upon his various royal counterparts in person. The same thing with King William. So I don't see a large need for Harry to represent the monarch overseas other than the various normal tours based on the requests of the Foreign office which aren't going to be Tiara events.
There are many other European royal events than weddings to attend. Edward and Sophie also attend birthday celebrations and anniversaries of a monarch's reign. Especially, in Scandinavia those typically include a tiara event.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No more different than talking about tiaras for people that don't exist yet like Harry's daughter.
True. Instead of worrying about people who don't even exist one could ask what Beatrice and Eugenie will do at the coronations, Sarah only has one tiara. So one of them will need to borrow a tiara from the collection, too. There's always a wider net of consideration at play.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:55 AM
Nobility

The thread is about Prince Harry's future wife, so it kinda makes sense to mention future children as well. Beatrice and Eugenie? Not so much.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Morbid is an unhealthy interest in unpleasant things, like death and disease. I don't think Harry's future children should be compared to either one?
Old 10-07-2017, 01:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I know some people don't like the idea Harry marrying Meghan but morbid? You really would call the thought of him having children with her to be disturbing? Morbid certainly wouldn't be the word I'd use for describing future children.

This thread is about jewelry for his future wife and family. That includes future kids.

I think the issue much if not most people would have with a tiara is why? There is no need for a new one. It isn't like there isn't a whole vault of them. There is no need for tiaras to be reserved for the use of one person alone. If the time comes when Harry has a daughter who needs a tiara to wear, one can easily be loaned from the vaults as well.

As for events on the continent, if Edward and Sophie stop going, it is very possible William and Kate will go. There is nothing saying the heir and his wife cant attend. In reality, most monarchies that is who they send. Charles used to attend such events in the past.

But the reality is George and Charlotte are not likely going to be attending such events for 25-30 years. They are most likely to be allowed to live a similar path as their father, not rushed into full time royal duties. It is quite possible Harry and his wife will be serving in this capacity, after Edward and Sophie step down from doing so.

If they do get Meghan a tiara I hope it isn't new. I would love them to purchase one from the auctions where we see some beautiful historic tiaras go up for sale. Or create a new one from one of the necklaces or other pieces in the royal vaults. I often find new ones quite tacky.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry