The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #621  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:38 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't think Meghan would wear the scroll, but I don't think any tiaras are reserved for Kate but the lovers knot tiara. The lotus would be lovely to see.

Camilla could choose to allow Meghan to wear the Teck as she has never worn it.

I really like the Teck circle necklace. It was worn as a tiara and is far more delicate and modern esthetic. But I have read some places the Linleys have it, and others that the queen does. Not sure who does.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.ca/2...ck-tiaras.html
The Teck circle tiara / necklace is meant to be with the Linley.

The Lotus would be a good one for Harry's wife if Kate is not intending to use it much going forward. Interesting to see if she uses it for the Diplomatic reception this year.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #622  
Old 10-04-2017, 04:46 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,413
If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Its simple geometry gives it a modern 'edge', unfussy and elegant.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #623  
Old 10-04-2017, 05:21 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Its simple geometry gives it a modern 'edge', unfussy and elegant.
Whilst I think the Teck circle is very nice as s necklace, I think it is quite small as a tiara. I would expect Harry's wife to be provided one workhorse tiara, perhaps similar on size to the ones provided yo Sarah, Sophie or Anne.
Reply With Quote
  #624  
Old 10-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Its simple geometry gives it a modern 'edge', unfussy and elegant.
Really...hmmm that would be a 'simple' tiara for a wedding perhaps?


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #625  
Old 10-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Its simple geometry gives it a modern 'edge', unfussy and elegant.
I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?
Reply With Quote
  #626  
Old 10-04-2017, 09:45 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?
Or it remains with the Linleys, as set out in the Roberts book.
Reply With Quote
  #627  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,773
Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).


I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.


I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #628  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,747
I think the diamond bandeau with the sapphire which was last worn by Princess Margaret in the 50's would be nice. As far as i know is removable so they could make a different central piece of diamonds like it is the case the Honeysuckle tiara of the Gloucester's so she would have an changable tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #629  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:12 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,304
Mirabel I too would love to see something pulled out of the vaults...we don't even know what all is in there!

I very much doubt Harry's bride would wear the same tiara Kate wore for her wedding.


LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the diamond bandeau with the sapphire which was last worn by Pricness Margaret in the 50's would be nice. As far as i know is removable so they could make a different central piece of diamonds like it is the case the Honeysuckle tiara of the Gloucester's so she would have an changable tiara.

Oh I didn't know that big stone was removable...hmmmm they could replace that with a number of things then.

I think it would be great to see this worn.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #630  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?
In the book "The Queens Diamonds" by Hugh Roberts it was described as belonging to Viscount Linley.
Reply With Quote
  #631  
Old 10-04-2017, 11:58 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).


I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.


I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.
Tge Chinese state dinner was before Kate ever wore the Lovers Knot. Since she wore the Lovers Knot at the Diplomatic Corps reception in 2015, she has only worn that tiara which has had 3 outings in all. So I am not sure where the Lotus tiara now is.
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old 10-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,413
The Earl and Countess of Snowden [as the Linleys now are] have little or no use for Tiaras, since they never attend State Banquets or the Diplomatic Reception. Yet the Teck Circle Tiara has not appeared at Auction...
Perhaps it has been sold privately ? Either to HMQ, or elsewhere.
We cannot know until [if ever] it appears in Public again...
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old 10-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).


I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.


I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.
Me too. I'd prefer not to see her in anything Kate has recently worn.

That said, I'm not crazy about the sapphire bandeau. I'm sure Meghan could make it work (not as a wedding tiara, however) but I don't find it the most aesthetically pleasing.
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old 10-04-2017, 02:00 PM
duke of poliganc's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The Earl and Countess of Snowden [as the Linleys now are] have little or no use for Tiaras, since they never attend State Banquets or the Diplomatic Reception. Yet the Teck Circle Tiara has not appeared at Auction...
Perhaps it has been sold privately ? Either to HMQ, or elsewhere.
We cannot know until [if ever] it appears in Public again...
It could be worn also as a necklace so The Countess of Snowden can still wear it even she never attended a tiara event.
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old 10-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,413
I think Harry's wife should INITIALLY be given a 'starter tiara' appropriate to her status as a new [and untested] member of the BRF. Once she has 'proved her worth', she can be given a more significant one.
In my opinion, the Countess of Wessex has earned an 'upgrade' beyond her [pitiful] Wedding Tiara, and acquamarines..
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old 10-05-2017, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I think Harry's wife should INITIALLY be given a 'starter tiara' appropriate to her status as a new [and untested] member of the BRF. Once she has 'proved her worth', she can be given a more significant one.
In my opinion, the Countess of Wessex has earned an 'upgrade' beyond her [pitiful] Wedding Tiara, and acquamarines..

I don't see what sort of starter she could get, other than the Halo, unless one is specifically purchased for her.
(And if that sort of investment is made, might as well go all out and get something she could use forever, instead of bothering with a starter).

But I agree about Sophie's wedding tiara, it is pathetic.
Wonder why she doesn't have it dismantled and use the stones for something nicer?
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old 10-05-2017, 09:41 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,304
My guess is Sophie likes it? Not everyone has the same taste that's for sure!


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #638  
Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't see what sort of starter she could get, other than the Halo, unless one is specifically purchased for her.
(And if that sort of investment is made, might as well go all out and get something she could use forever, instead of bothering with a starter).

But I agree about Sophie's wedding tiara, it is pathetic.
Wonder why she doesn't have it dismantled and use the stones for something nicer?
I do believe a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. As this tiara will not be passing down the main line of the BRF, it is unlikely to be something that is historically relevant to the BRF.

As to size, I think it will be a medium sized all diamond tiara that can be versatile to use.
Reply With Quote
  #639  
Old 10-05-2017, 12:15 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do believe a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. As this tiara will not be passing down the main line of the BRF, it is unlikely to be something that is historically relevant to the BRF.

As to size, I think it will be a medium sized all diamond tiara that can be versatile to use.


I can't see a new tiara happening because the cost would attract attention and because there's really no need- there are so many tiaras in the collection going unused or hardly used.

When Sarah married in and got a new tiara, Margaret and the Queen Mother were both still alive and wearing their tiaras and so was Diana. Plus the expense didn't raise eyebrows the way it would now.
Reply With Quote
  #640  
Old 10-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,413
If Prince Harry were to buy his wife a Tiara as a Wedding present, NO criticism would be made...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children Aussie Princess Prince Harry and Prince William 1829 10-05-2017 11:40 AM
Prince Ali bin Nayef, Princess Wejdan (ex-wife), Princess Reema (2nd wife) & Family Reina Royal House of Jordan 97 03-05-2017 04:30 PM
Convertible Tiaras/Necklaces and Versatile Tiaras Josefine Royal Jewels General Discussion 51 03-28-2016 12:59 PM




Popular Tags
belgian state visit to japan best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark english books fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy myth news november 2016 october 2016 parliament picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess elisabeth princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria video games



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises