The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 05:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't think Meghan would wear the scroll, but I don't think any tiaras are reserved for Kate but the lovers knot tiara. The lotus would be lovely to see.

Camilla could choose to allow Meghan to wear the Teck as she has never worn it.

I really like the Teck circle necklace. It was worn as a tiara and is far more delicate and modern esthetic. But I have read some places the Linleys have it, and others that the queen does. Not sure who does.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.ca/2...ck-tiaras.html
The Teck circle tiara / necklace is meant to be with the Linley.

The Lotus would be a good one for Harry's wife if Kate is not intending to use it much going forward. Interesting to see if she uses it for the Diplomatic reception this year.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Royal Highness

If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Its simple geometry gives it a modern 'edge', unfussy and elegant.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
If the Teck Circle is no longer with the Snowdens,has returned to the Vault [and I PRAY it has] It would be ideal for Harry's wife..

Whilst I think the Teck circle is very nice as s necklace, I think it is quite small as a tiara. I would expect Harry's wife to be provided one workhorse tiara, perhaps similar on size to the ones provided yo Sarah, Sophie or Anne.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Really...hmmm that would be a 'simple' tiara for a wedding perhaps?

LaRae
Old 10-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?
Old 10-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't remember it being on the list for the jewels that her children have sold. So perhaps, that, along with the Lotus, was just a lifetime loan?
Or it remains with the Linleys, as set out in the Roberts book.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).

I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.

I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

I think the diamond bandeau with the sapphire which was last worn by Princess Margaret in the 50's would be nice. As far as i know is removable so they could make a different central piece of diamonds like it is the case the Honeysuckle tiara of the Gloucester's so she would have an changable tiara.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Mirabel I too would love to see something pulled out of the vaults...we don't even know what all is in there!

I very much doubt Harry's bride would wear the same tiara Kate wore for her wedding.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think the diamond bandeau with the sapphire which was last worn by Pricness Margaret in the 50's would be nice. As far as i know is removable so they could make a different central piece of diamonds like it is the case the Honeysuckle tiara of the Gloucester's so she would have an changable tiara.

Oh I didn't know that big stone was removable...hmmmm they could replace that with a number of things then.

I think it would be great to see this worn.

LaRae
Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
In the book "The Queens Diamonds" by Hugh Roberts it was described as belonging to Viscount Linley.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.

I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.
Tge Chinese state dinner was before Kate ever wore the Lovers Knot. Since she wore the Lovers Knot at the Diplomatic Corps reception in 2015, she has only worn that tiara which has had 3 outings in all. So I am not sure where the Lotus tiara now is.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

The Earl and Countess of Snowden [as the Linleys now are] have little or no use for Tiaras, since they never attend State Banquets or the Diplomatic Reception. Yet the Teck Circle Tiara has not appeared at Auction...
Perhaps it has been sold privately ? Either to HMQ, or elsewhere.
We cannot know until [if ever] it appears in Public again...
Old 10-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Me too. I'd prefer not to see her in anything Kate has recently worn.

That said, I'm not crazy about the sapphire bandeau. I'm sure Meghan could make it work (not as a wedding tiara, however) but I don't find it the most aesthetically pleasing.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The Earl and Countess of Snowden [as the Linleys now are] have little or no use for Tiaras, since they never attend State Banquets or the Diplomatic Reception. Yet the Teck Circle Tiara has not appeared at Auction...
Perhaps it has been sold privately ? Either to HMQ, or elsewhere.
We cannot know until [if ever] it appears in Public again...
It could be worn also as a necklace so The Countess of Snowden can still wear it even she never attended a tiara event.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

I think Harry's wife should INITIALLY be given a 'starter tiara' appropriate to her status as a new [and untested] member of the BRF. Once she has 'proved her worth', she can be given a more significant one.
In my opinion, the Countess of Wessex has earned an 'upgrade' beyond her [pitiful] Wedding Tiara, and acquamarines..
Old 10-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think Harry's wife should INITIALLY be given a 'starter tiara' appropriate to her status as a new [and untested] member of the BRF. Once she has 'proved her worth', she can be given a more significant one.
In my opinion, the Countess of Wessex has earned an 'upgrade' beyond her [pitiful] Wedding Tiara, and acquamarines..

I don't see what sort of starter she could get, other than the Halo, unless one is specifically purchased for her.
(And if that sort of investment is made, might as well go all out and get something she could use forever, instead of bothering with a starter).

But I agree about Sophie's wedding tiara, it is pathetic.
Wonder why she doesn't have it dismantled and use the stones for something nicer?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Majesty

My guess is Sophie likes it? Not everyone has the same taste that's for sure!

LaRae
Old 10-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I don't see what sort of starter she could get, other than the Halo, unless one is specifically purchased for her.
(And if that sort of investment is made, might as well go all out and get something she could use forever, instead of bothering with a starter).

But I agree about Sophie's wedding tiara, it is pathetic.
Wonder why she doesn't have it dismantled and use the stones for something nicer?
I do believe a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. As this tiara will not be passing down the main line of the BRF, it is unlikely to be something that is historically relevant to the BRF.

As to size, I think it will be a medium sized all diamond tiara that can be versatile to use.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I do believe a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. As this tiara will not be passing down the main line of the BRF, it is unlikely to be something that is historically relevant to the BRF.

As to size, I think it will be a medium sized all diamond tiara that can be versatile to use.

I can't see a new tiara happening because the cost would attract attention and because there's really no need- there are so many tiaras in the collection going unused or hardly used.

When Sarah married in and got a new tiara, Margaret and the Queen Mother were both still alive and wearing their tiaras and so was Diana. Plus the expense didn't raise eyebrows the way it would now.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

If Prince Harry were to buy his wife a Tiara as a Wedding present, NO criticism would be made...

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry