The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think Meghan will get a sapphire engagement ring, because I think Harry would not want to choose the same thing as William.

I think he'd give her either an emerald or a ruby; if he does, the Grand Duchess with the emeralds instead of the pearls would be very nice.
I think it's possible IF she really likes sapphires. We just don't know what gems she is partial too. Maybe she'll get an all diamond set like the Queen has.

LaRae

Old 10-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Serene Highness

The inner 'ring'of the Godman necklace [minus the drops] would make a fine tiara, if mounted on a frame.
Its in in the Queens possession and has been rarely worn, as the Cambridge emeralds have a far more significant association with the BRF.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...5769464474.jpg

Old 10-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The inner 'ring'of the Godman necklace [minus the drops] would make a fine tiara, if mounted on a frame.
Its in in the Queens possession and has been rarely worn, as the Cambridge emeralds have a far more significant association with the BRF.
That is gorgeous!!!! It would almost be a crime to break that up...but I like the color of those emeralds.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I've heard that too but she doesn't wear much jewelry (even when going to fancy events) that I've noticed so hard to tell.

LaRae
It's possible she doesn't have any.

Many actresses prefer to simply borrow the pieces they wear to red-carpet events, rather than invest in items they will seldom use.
(But IF she marries Harry, she will use them).
Old 10-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Right I know they borrow pieces..but I don't remember her really wearing (red carpet or whatever events) fancy jewelry. She might be more like Kate who doesn't seem to really enjoy wearing those big pieces.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
That's a good one. They could redesign it and take out at least some of the other emeralds and make other pieces of jewelry with it.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Right I know they borrow pieces..but I don't remember her really wearing (red carpet or whatever events) fancy jewelry. She might be more like Kate who doesn't seem to really enjoy wearing those big pieces.

LaRae
She's not the frumpy or fussy type. Her style is pretty simplistic. Same with why we don't see her in prints a lot. She's definitely into monochromatic dressing.

The more I think about it, the more I think she'll likely have an all diamonds tiara as one given to her (perhaps wedding tiara) and maybe another loaner with colored gems. Diamond tiaras are just more versatile and goes with everything. For families with only one tiara, that's usually what they pick, and that's what will happen with Harry's line. They won't get access to the vault at all after Meghan.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
almost be a crime to break that up.
Detaching the drops and putting it on a frame are all reversible steps. If I were a jeweller I would add four more small square emeralds from elsewhere [two either side] in the festoon at either end, so the 'green' is carried through consistently.

The central drop could be mounted as a brooch, another pair as earrings, leaving four 'to play with'...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Detaching the drops and putting it on a frame are all reversible steps. If I were a jeweller I would add four more small square emeralds from elsewhere [two either side] in the festoon at the ends, so the 'green' is carried through consistently.

The central drop could be mounted as a brooch, another pair as earrings, leaving four 'to play with'...
Well if they break it up they might as well do it right and use the rest of the pieces. Earrings, brooch, necklaces etc. Make a smaller parure out of it or something.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Detaching the drops and putting it on a frame are all reversible steps. If I were a jeweller I would add four more small square emeralds from elsewhere [two either side] in the festoon at the ends, so the 'green' is carried through consistently.

That's what I'd do. I think also think the large emerald can be made to be interchangeable as a center piece on a pearl choker or brooch.

But do you think it's likely she'll get a colored gem tiara as wedding tiara to pass down in Harry's line? It just doesn't seem as versatile as diamond tiaras. What if someone wanted to wear a red dress?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

She can get a loaner tiara from the BRF vaults if she wants a different style/color.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
to pass down in Harry's line?
Unless a Tiara is purchased for her [as one was for the Duchess of York], her Tiara won't be passed down. The BRF now loans its historic tiara's to its female members, and [on their death, or divorce] these heirlooms return to the Royal collection, [specifically to he Monarch], thus avoiding taxation, when the entire collection is inherited by the next occupant of the Throne.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I think it's possible IF she really likes sapphires. We just don't know what gems she is partial too. Maybe she'll get an all diamond set like the Queen has.
We don't know whether she is partial to any specific gem. I would have a really hard time answering that question myself. I do know that I prefer silver over gold jewelry - but should every woman have a favorite gem stone?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Sometimes women favor their birthstone, sometimes they don't. I like several different gems which I figure most women do. I also like my birthstone and have a ring made using fire opals.

Of course many women love diamonds as well.

LaRae
Old 10-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Nobility

I have no clue what my birthstone is (nor am I interested in it) - and I guess I am not the only one. And yes, diamonds are fine (although zirconia is cheaper) as they can easily be worn with lots of clothes. My only preference is that it works well with my clothes and in some cases I don't have a clue what the name of the particular gem would be, I only know that it works well with certain items in my closet.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sometimes women favor their birthstone, sometimes they don't. I like several different gems which I figure most women do. I also like my birthstone and have a ring made using fire opals.

Of course many women love diamonds as well.

LaRae
My birthstone is a diamond!

Meghan's birthstone is a peridot; haven't seen any in the Royal collection.
Though you never know...

(Wasn't her engagement ring from her first marriage a diamond? Makes me think she won't get another diamond.)
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Though you never know
I've never seen or heard of any in the British Royal Collection, but Queen Alexandra probably had at least some, as they were VERY popular in the early years of the 20th century.
Who can know what the vaults may contain !?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

For some reason though, my gut feeling is that should there be a wedding, Meghan will opt out for simplicity and perhaps just wear a garland of flowers in her hair. Both Meghan and Kate seem prefer to be minimalistic when it comes to jewelry.
I wouldn't say wearing flowers are more simple. Some gets pretty frilly. Meghan doesn't do a lot of frill in her style. It'll likely be a tiara with a central motif.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

Given her [noted] Feminism, perhaps jewels that make up the Colours of the 'votes for Women' campaign [violet, white and green], might be good ?

So Diamonds, Amethysts and Peridots..? They go beautifully together, and MANY Women of the time 'showed their colours' by wearing such jewels without their Husbands having a clue what they really meant...
Old 10-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Given her [noted] Feminism, perhaps jewels that make up the Colours of the 'votes for Women' campaign [violet, white and green], might be good ?

So Diamonds, Amethysts and Peridots..? They go beautifully together, and MANY Women of the time 'showed their colours' by wearing such jewels without their Husbands having a clue what they really meant...
I can see her having some fun with her jewelry in the future. But for a tiara that will pass down to her family for generations? I have my doubts.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry