Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Meghan (if they marry) wear the Teck Crescent Tiara. Camilla seems to stick to the Greville Honeycomb tiara and her family tiara so why not ;)

Have said for a long time that i would love to see Empress Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau back in use too. But maybe that's too small for a wedding...

Or if they choose to marry in Scotland, then the Strathmore Rose Tiara should be used ;)

Last edited:
I would love to see Meghan (if they marry) wear the Teck Crescent Tiara. Camilla seems to stick to the Greville Honeycomb tiara and her family tiara so why not ;)

Have said for a long time that i would love to see Empress Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau back in use too. But maybe that's too small for a wedding...

Or if they choose to marry in Scotland, then the Strathmore Rose Tiara should be used ;)
It too would love to see the Teck Crescent back in use, and I don't think that Camilla would mind passing it over.

As for the sapphire bandeau: It's more substantial than the Cartier halo tiara, which was worn at a wedding. ;). But I don't think that we will see coloured stones in a British Royal wedding tiara.

They BRF ladies don't normally trade their tiaras around though once they 'take posession' of them do they?

I figured the most likely candidate for Meghan would be the Sapphire Bandeau or perhaps the Lotus.

LaRae

I think HMQ will have a tiara made for Meghan and it will be gifted.

That honestly sounds like the best and most logical solution all around. It'll be something that will remain in Harry's family and passed on down through the generations. :D

If the Queen doesn't commission it herself, I can see Charles doing it.

If Harry's bride receives a tiara as a gift, I hope that they'll buy a nice antique tiara for her. The new designs are rarely successful, imo.

All these tiaras are just so beautiful. Whatever one she is honored to wear it’s sure to be lovely. I like the Strathmore Rose.

I think HMQ will have a tiara made for Meghan and it will be gifted.

If this happens I hope they use stones with meaning/connection to the BRF.

LaRae

That honestly sounds like the best and most logical solution all around. It'll be something that will remain in Harry's family and passed on down through the generations. :D

If the Queen doesn't commission it herself, I can see Charles doing it.

More realistic, it will get sold within two generations. That’s why historical significant jewels/jewelry won’t be used. Harry’s grandchildren will not be royals. No need for tiara. It’s something that can be easily sold off. Just like we have seen with Margaret’s, Kent’s and Princess Mary’s jewelry.

A tiara can just be borrowed when needed.

So why have one made for her then. No point. Just loan her one for the wedding and any other tiara events during the year (of which there aren't many).

LaRae

More realistic, it will get sold within two generations. That’s why historical significant jewels/jewelry won’t be used. Harry’s grandchildren will not be royals. No need for tiara. It’s something that can be easily sold off. Just like we have seen with Margaret’s, Kent’s and Princess Mary’s jewelry.

A tiara can just be borrowed when needed.

Death duties have to be paid and thats the main reason for Margaret’s jewels being sold. Harry’s decendents will have to pay as well.

Too much of real importance has moved out of the core family. Borrowing is good.

If Harry's bride receives a tiara as a gift, I hope that they'll buy a nice antique tiara for her. The new designs are rarely successful, imo.

I have wondered if there is a jewelry store online with tiaras for sale? I would just love to look at them. When I do an online search, the only thing that comes up are beauty pageant tiaras. However, I know that if Meghan wears a tiara that isn't loaned to her by the Queen, it will either be antique or custom made.

I have wondered if there is a jewelry store online with tiaras for sale? I would just love to look at them. When I do an online search, the only thing that comes up are beauty pageant tiaras. However, I know that if Meghan wears a tiara that isn't loaned to her by the Queen, it will either be antique or custom made.

My guess is they contact the auction houses or their go between and say hey looking for a tiara...or if they hear of a private sale etc.

If you like looking at tiaras...go here:

More British Royal Tiaras - The Tudors Wiki

LaRae

Garrards and G Collins are a good place to start. Try searching royal jewellers.

I don't see the worry about 'Harry's line selling'. Honestly I don't see the need for the queen to 'gift' her any tiara, old or new. She could simply loan Meghan a tiara. I highly doubt Kate 'owns' all the ones she has been loaned. I would actually love to see Meghan in the Lotus. It's a beautiful tiara and Kate seems set on wearing the lovers knott now. The reality is Kate will one day be queen and she will have plenty at her disposal.

I would love to see the Teck tiara Loaned to her. If her and Harry's possible daughter or daughter in law needs a tiara in the future, it can be loaned to them with the understanding it remains belonging to the main line.

I love the Strathmore rose, and I think Meghan could pull off the across the forehead look. Same with wearing the lotus.

If they do gift her a new one, I hope they go to the auction houses. There are such beautiful pieces that come up for auction. I don't want some horrid new design as we have seen. Or they could turn a necklace into a tiara, either new bought (like Mary's) or one already in the collection.

I don't think Kate owns any ..no need really.

I agree..if they get Meghan one please let it be an old style.

LaRae

I don't think there is need for a new tiara as long as there is appropriate tiaras lying in the vault that haven't been used for ages.

If the court jeweller is going to make a new tiara for Harrys wife, i hope It's made from already existing jewels in the British Royal Family OR from jewels that Diana left to her sons. So it has some kind of "family history".

If they buy a tiara, they should go for a versatile piece that makes a nice necklace as well. That way, the next generations might get more use out of it. If it's a piece without royal providence it doesn't even matter that much if it's sold off at some point. And let's face it: their children will have to pay taxes on the inheritance, and they will have to sell something in order to fund it. Be it the tiara or other objects. You can't deny them a inheritance in order to avoid taxes.

Anyway, I'd still prefer a loaner from the royal vault, just because I love to see these royal pieces be worn by generation after generation. There are some tiaras that haven't been seen in many decades. I'd say: get them to the jeweller for a thorough check-up, and then distribute them among the ladies in the family (as loans, of course).

If they were to consider buying a tiara, they may think about just putting the word out among the extended family - Gloucesters, Kents, Lascelles, Snowdons and see if there were any family tiaras that may want to be turned into cash ...would be nice for the Wales to buy it back into the family. The Gloucesters have quite a few beautiful tiaras that unfortunately just dont have the opportunity to be worn.

I think the bell epoque while lovely kind of reminds me of a 'bridal tiara' and I don't mean a royal one. I think if they buy her a tiara, and she is like Sophie and only has one for some time, she needs a bit more substantial IMO.

Looking at some auctions, there are some coming up. Not sure that fond really.

tiara ||| sotheby's l17052lot9jnvzen

This one is certainly unique :ermm: Comes with matching earrings and necklace.

crown ||| sotheby's n09694lot5v92ten

A LATE 19TH CENTURY DIAMOND TIARA | Christie's

Lovely but a bit small, better as a starter for say a daughter
A LATE VICTORIAN PEARL AND DIAMOND TIARA | Christie's

Sad this one sold recently, if they wanted color gems this one was beautiful

pendant ||| sotheby's ge1705lot9lpzben

This one also is sold, but interestingly it is said to have been worn at the coronation of the queen and possibly her father's

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24169/lot/338/

Ones with provenence come up from time to time. A star tiara owned by the Calabria family was sold in October. And a beautiful what looks like wheat and poppies tiara from the Wurttemberg family as well. If I was a royal, especially some of the families that don't have many, I'd keep my eyes on these auctions for when such pieces pop up.

Or a necklace that could be converted, either from royal collection already or again an auction. Be good to do as Mary did, and have it so that it can be converted back and forth, gets more use.

Lovely necklace though again would be quite delicate

van cleef and arpels ||| necklace ||| sotheby's l17052lot9f4dmen

I actually like the interesting shape of this one

bracelet & necklace combination ||| sotheby's l17052lot9cnyzen

With the right base, could even look pretty as a forehead one.
van cleef and arpels ||| demi-parure ||| sotheby's n09694lot9khnken

I think if Meghan and Harry are to marry, the Lotus Flower tiara would be a good choice considering it has been recently used and therefore probably in decent condition. The Stratmore Rose, as lovely as it is, has become dated when it comes to usability. But perhaps I'm wrong and she'll pull a Princess Sofia and wear the sh.t out of it.

The Teck Crescent is too big and not practical. Kate got a small tiara for her wedding and I doubt Meghan will get such a big one. The Sapphire Bandeau tiara would then be a better option but perhaps they'll dust off the Halo tiara and use that for a wedding again.

I do hope the Turquoise will be used again. It's magnificent.

countessmeout: great choices and the more I look at the Barberini Sapphire tiara, the more I fall in love with it. It's a floral piece, but the gemstones make it such a unique one.

Last edited:
The Teck crescent tiara is not so very big, imo. The Duchess of Teck even used to add a double row diamond riviere to the base to make it appear more substantial.

I think that Kate was given a choice of some tiaras, and that she preferred the Cartier. It might be difficult to find anything smaller in the vault for Harry's bride, unless the lozenge bandeau is still in there.

Perhaps one of [the SEVERAL] Saudi Diamond necklaces given to HMQ might serve [stuck on a bespoke Frame] ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those necklaces are beautiful. I think one factor that would figure in with a decision to make something else out of them would be if they were personal gifts to HM, The Queen or gifts to the sovereign. That makes a big difference in what HM can or cannot do with gifts of jewelry if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom