The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I would like to see Meghan in one of the following tiaras (and I will be disappointed if she doesn't wear a tiara!)...assuming they are still intact:

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau
Nizam
Teck Crescent
The Brazilian Parure Tiara (would be fab if she has the same stone for an engagement ring)
George VI Sapphire Tiara

LaRae

Old 10-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

There is one tiara I saw that supposedly no one wears-it's in the Indian Collection. Albert gave it to Victoria. I like that one as well.

Old 10-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I would like to see Meghan in one of the following tiaras (and I will be disappointed if she doesn't wear a tiara!)...assuming they are still intact:

Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau
Nizam
Teck Crescent
The Brazilian Parure Tiara (would be fab if she has the same stone for an engagement ring)
George VI Sapphire Tiara

LaRae
The Nizam is definitely gone. I believe the diamonds were used to cream the Burmese Ruby tiara.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Courtier

I think there will be a tiara commissioned for the wedding. She will likely be given a loan later. I'm also hoping that Charles will be a lot more generous loaning out the jewels in his reign as he likes to gift jewelry to the women in his family as is.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
We most definitely are not going to see Meghan in anything more "grander" or "more prominent" or anything that was "grander" than what Kate wore as a loaner tiara when she married. That is a given.

If she wears a tiara at all, it will be something on the smaller and daintier lines like was loaned to Kate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think there will be a tiara commissioned for the wedding. She will likely be given a loan later. I'm also hoping that Charles will be a lot more generous loaning out the jewels in his reign as he likes to gift jewelry to the women in his family as is.
I'm sure Charles, who has a deep appreciation for things, will do what he thinks is right. I don't think we'll ever see a "gifting" of jewelry from the Royal Vaults but a lifetime loan most probably be the case as it was with the Lover's Knot for Diana.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the info on the Nizam...bummer I liked that one! They've taken apart several of them I like.

I notice there's almost nothing shown with Emeralds either.

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah that's probably true...hmmm well Queen Mary's Bandeau would be a good option then..assuming sapphires are desired.

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We most definitely are not going to see Meghan in anything more "grander" or "more prominent" or anything that was "grander" than what Kate wore as a loaner tiara when she married. That is a given.

If she wears a tiara at all, it will be something on the smaller and daintier lines like was loaned to Kate.

I'm sure Charles, who has a deep appreciation for things, will do what he thinks is right. I don't think we'll ever see a "gifting" of jewelry from the Royal Vaults but a lifetime loan most probably be the case as it was with the Lover's Knot for Diana.
Oh that's not what I meant. I'm simply using that as a sign that he has appreciation for beautiful jewelry on female members of his family and thus more loaner. I agree that vault jewelry won't be gifted.

If a tiara is commissioned, it might be grander than the halo. Kate's wedding tiara was on the smaller scale and part of consideration is probably that she'll eventually be given more tiaras. However, I see a max of one commissioned tiara and one loan from the vault for Harry's wife in the few years following wedding. Basically, it'll have be versatile for different events.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I fully expect Meghan to wear a tiara...I hope it's one of the BRF tiaras in the vault. There's plenty to choose from. Some will be off limits because they are already earmarked and worn by the Queen, Camilla or Kate etc. It's possible they could make a new one...but I hope not.

Tiaras: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: TIARAS & CROWNS

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

The Royal Family's Tiaras - The Royal Family's Jewels

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Jewel Central

LaRae

There is no way Meghan will get a bigger tiara then Kate for her wedding
Old 10-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Who knows what they have in those vaults....will be interesting to see.

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Majesty

Personally I'd love to see the Strathmore Rose brought out and put into excellent condition and used again. Its the one I was hoping to see on Kate but the Halo was just as beautiful.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
Just want to point out that Zara wore a bigger tiara for her wedding than Kate.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
That's sad.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand why people think Meghan can't wear X tiara if it's 'bigger' than Kate's?

Kate was offered a selection and picked what she wanted to wear. Why shouldn't Meghan be allowed the same option?

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Just want to point out that Zara wore a bigger tiara for her wedding than Kate.
Zara wore her mother's Meander tiara. It wasn't on loan from the Queen or the Royal Vaults but was a family heirloom. There's a big difference there.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Personally I'd love to see the Strathmore Rose brought out and put into excellent condition and used again. Its the one I was hoping to see on Kate but the Halo was just as beautiful.
I haven't been a fan of that one...maybe because of how it's been worn..seems odd the times I've seen it.

LaRae
Old 10-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Zara wore her mother's Meander tiara. It wasn't on loan from the Queen or the Royal Vaults but was a family heirloom. There's a big difference there.
But if a tiara is commissioned for Meghan rather than a loan from the vault, then the difference wouldn't be there, no?

As for Kate's tiara, tiaras don't come much smaller than that. She chose that tiara because it worked for her dress and overall look, I don't see why this should limit Meghan. I'm not saying she'll have a huge tiara, but to say it has to be smaller or same size as halo is limiting it to more than needed.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Actually, the point that I was trying to make is that when it comes to a wedding tiara for Meghan, if she even chooses to wear one, is that we won't see one that has more of a "provenance" or history behind it like some of the pieces in the vault that were perhaps associated with Victoria and Albert or Queen Mary and Queen Alexandria. We also won't see a tiara that is a favorite of the Queen's that she still wears.

Actually, I do think that a headpiece or a tiara that is commissioned for Harry's bride will be the most logical way to go. That way, it remains in Harry's family and passed down through generations. Much like Sarah's wedding tiara that we'll probably see the York princesses wear on their wedding day and Anne's tiara that Zara wore.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Actually, the point that I was trying to make is that when it comes to a wedding tiara for Meghan, if she even chooses to wear one, is that we won't see one that has more of a "provenance" or history behind it like some of the pieces in the vault that were perhaps associated with Victoria and Albert or Queen Mary and Queen Alexandria. We also won't see a tiara that is a favorite of the Queen's that she still wears.

Actually, I do think that a headpiece or a tiara that is commissioned for Harry's bride will be the most logical way to go. That way, it remains in Harry's family and passed down through generations. Much like Sarah's wedding tiara that we'll probably see the York princesses wear on their wedding day and Anne's tiara that Zara wore.
Agreed. I think she'll eventually be loaned a piece from the vault that's not in active use by someone else as she attends more events that require a tiara. But it won't be a piece with a lot of prominent history.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan at most will need a wedding tiara and then a spare for other occasions.

She’s not Camilla or Catherine who will have access to everything in due course.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry