The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She'll have access to a number of them owned by the BRF.

LaRae
I would be surprised if she got access to more than one tiara

Old 07-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I would be surprised if she got access to more than one tiara

I wouldn't be. Probably not right away, but in Charles' reign, she'd be in a similar position to the Countess of Wessex, who has three I believe

Charles seems to like jewelry and more formal occasions- I wouldn't be surprised to see tiara events popular during his reigns

Old 07-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I wouldn't be. Probably not right away, but in Charles' reign, she'd be in a similar position to the Countess of Wessex, who has three I believe

Charles seems to like jewelry and more formal occasions- I wouldn't be surprised to see tiara events popular during his reigns
It is poiible that later in her marriage she is given access to more jewels.

Let's not forget that whilst Sophie now have access to more jewellery, Diana and Sarah oy had the one royal tiara each.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

IF Harry will marry Meghan, i really really really hope they are holding back Empress Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau to her ! It would look so good on her nice dark hair :) I don't think she will recive a new Wedding tiara like Sarah did. They are not expected to attend a lot of tiara events yet and when they do King Charles and later King William will ofcourse lend her appropriate jewels from the family collection.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd rather see Harry's wife (whomever she is) wear something from the BRF collection as opposed to a new tiara.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau

This is a nice piece...I hope to see someone wearing it at some point!

LaRae
Old 08-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I just read an article (I think it was Hello!) that the Queen has given Harry a ruby ring (worth 1 million and that previously belonged to Princess Margaret) to use when he plans to propose.

It sounds unlikely to me; does anyone know anything about such a ring in the vaults?
Old 08-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I just read an article (I think it was Hello!) that the Queen has given Harry a ruby ring (worth 1 million and that previously belonged to Princess Margaret) to use when he plans to propose.

It sounds unlikely to me; does anyone know anything about such a ring in the vaults?
There have been unsubstantiated reports that Prince Harry has an antique or a new ruby that he will have made into a bespoke engagement ring framed by diamonds taken from one of his mother's former tiaras. I wonder.

How many of you think a ruby framed by diamonds suits Meghan of Suits fame?

I haven't heard any gossip reported about a Princess Margaret ruby connection.

We are getting far ahead of ourselves, and should probably slow down ring selection speculation. I wonder if M&H shake their heads about all this engagement speculation and gossip about their romance? More likely they try to ignore most of the outside chatter.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:13 PM
Nobility

That reporting of Harry using diamonds from one of Diana's tiaras for Meghan's engagement ring doesn't make sense. She only ever wore two; the Lovers Knot one (that Kate has since been seen in) and the Spencer one (which I presume was given back to the family).
Old 08-29-2017, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

As far as the ring goes (if they marry) ...I'm hoping for one of the Diana rings either as is or the stone re-set...or taken from one of her pieces of jewelry (she had quite a lot) and set as a ring. I think ruby unlikely. Leaning towards diamonds or emeralds.

LaRae
Old 08-29-2017, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Margaret had a beautiful 3 rubies w/ diamonds ring which is no longer in the Royal vaults as it was sold by her children in the auction of her jewelry in 2006.
Sarah presumably still has the ruby surrounded by diamonds ring Andrew gave her.
Queen Mary received a ruby engagement ring from Albert Victor, don't know what happened to it after he died.
Currently the favored stones seem to be sapphires (Queen mother, Anne - both husbands, Diana/Catherine) and diamonds (The Queen, Camilla, Autumn, Zara, Sophie.) Diana owned a sapphire cabochon ring & received a faceted sapphire ring as part of a gift for her wedding.
I'd love to see an emerald engagement ring (Queen Victoria & Wallis Simpson.) Diana owned a cabochon emerald & diamond ring. Green would look beautiful on Meghan, IMO.
I assume William and Harry inherited Diana's aquamarine ring, although it may be too big for everyday wear, it's a gorgeous piece.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The Aquamarine ring of Diana's is gorgeous...would love to see that worn at some point! It could work for an engagement ring. Seems like I've read that Meghan favors emeralds ...no idea how true that is. She doesn't seem to wear much jewelry.

LaRae
Old 08-30-2017, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Yeah I think an emerald, sapphire, or aquamarine stone with diamonds sounds more like Meghan's style. We shall soon find out.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Diana owned a cabochon emerald & diamond ring. Green would look beautiful on Meghan, IMO.
I assume William and Harry inherited Diana's aquamarine ring, although it may be too big for everyday wear, it's a gorgeous piece.
Do you have a pic of that emerald and diamond ring that Diana owned? I would love to see it.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana's Rings

Not a great pic of the Emerald/Diamond ring but there it is
Old 09-01-2017, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Diana's Rings

Not a great pic of the Emerald/Diamond ring but there it is
That's the sapphire and diamond ring that was bequeathed to William, which he gave to Kate as an engagement ring. So obviously Harry will not be using it for Meghan.

Kate shown wearing the sapphire/diamond engagement ring that previously belonged to Diana, Princess of Wales.

http://n.b5z.net/i/u/10002709/i/kate...ent-ring-L.jpg
Old 09-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
That's the sapphire and diamond ring that was bequeathed to William, which he gave to Kate as an engagement ring. So obviously Harry will not be using it for Meghan.

Kate shown wearing the sapphire/diamond engagement ring that previously belonged to Diana, Princess of Wales.

Scroll down. The emerald and diamond ring is at bottom of the page. (That page showcases all the rings Diana wore)
Old 09-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

No you need to scroll down...there's a pic of the emerald and diamond ring.

LaRae
Old 09-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Commoner

I wouldn't be surprised if Charles or Henry decide to buy a new tiara so it can be pass down in his family. But still, same as other spouses, a tiara from the vault would be loaned to Meghan.

Agree with some for you, Strathmore Rose and Teck Crescent Tiara are gonna be a good choice. Sapphire Bandeau suits her too but I just don't prefer color stone tiara in wedding. (I think the modern design of Teck Circle Tiara also suits her too but sadly it is not in the main line anymore)

Probably Henry and Meghan would take up the role of Edward and Sophie (attending foreign royal events) when Charles becomes king, then it is possible for her to access/own to more tiaras.

OT: I don't think Halo Tiara is THAT small. The tiara doesn't go well with her veil and hairstyle in Kate's wedding so it can't shine and just gets lost. It actually has strong presence (thanks to its sparkle) if there is a good arrangement.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

She would have access to all of those owned by the BRF for all her married life....I would expect her to wear a BRF tiara just as Kate did...they have no shortage of them.

LaRae
Old 09-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
access to all of those owned by the BRF for all her married life
Err, no she wouldn't, this ISN'T Sweden or the Netherlands where the Collection is opened up for Royal ladies to pick which Tiara would go best with whatever they might be wearing for that occasion.
British Royal ladies are loaned a tiara, or two [depending on rank] and wear it for the duration of their life/marriage.
Harry's wife will likely be treated in the same way.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry