The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I suspect a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. Plenty are available on London at quite attractive prices. The will allow the current collection to remain intact and pass down the main line of the BRF

Hmm- I doubt it actually because there are so many in the collection going unused that it seems like a wasteful extravagance. Easy enough to keep it in the main line by making it a lifetime loan instead of personal property.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What may be an alternative here is to create a new tiara for Harry's bride with the jewels set in the tiara being some that were actually from Diana's jewelry box. This way, both boys have presented their wives with something memorable from the mother they loved dearly as they get engaged and married.

It would be along the lines of the DoE using his mother's diamonds to create the wedding bracelet that he had designed and had made for the then Princess Elizabeth. We've seem Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring and the Lover's Knot tiara that is a big association with Diana. With having a tiara created for Harry's bride, in future years as she attends tiara functions, her own tiara with the jewels passed down from Diana will make a stunning go to piece.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:18 PM
Commoner

Sorry to be a buzzkill but I think we need to consider the possibility that if Prince Harry does marry Meghan Markle, they won't have a big church wedding with a tiara. Now I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong but if Prince Harry were to marry a divorcée they would most likely follow the model set by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall with a civil ceremony followed by a religious blessing. Princess Anne's second marriage was also a smaller ceremony without a tiara. I'm sure Meghan is a lovely woman and I don't think the royal family will care on a personal level that she has been married before but just going by the precedent that's been set I don't think we'll see her wear a tiara if she does marry Prince Harry. That's just for the wedding, I sure there will be plenty of tiaras afterward.
That aside I think Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau would look stunning on her.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What may be an alternative here is to create a new tiara for Harry's bride with the jewels set in the tiara being some that were actually from Diana's jewelry box. This way, both boys have presented their wives with something memorable from the mother they loved dearly as they get engaged and married.

It would be along the lines of the DoE using his mother's diamonds to create the wedding bracelet that he had designed and had made for the then Princess Elizabeth. We've seem Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring and the Lover's Knot tiara that is a big association with Diana. With having a tiara created for Harry's bride, in future years as she attends tiara functions, her own tiara with the jewels passed down from Diana will make a stunning go to piece.
Which of Diana's jewels do you think could be used for this tiara?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Gentry

I think Harry's future wife will get Diana's Saudi sapphire jewels and the huge sapphire and pearl choker.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by malluu View Post
Sorry to be a buzzkill but I think we need to consider the possibility that if Prince Harry does marry Meghan Markle, they won't have a big church wedding with a tiara. Now I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong but if Prince Harry were to marry a divorcée they would most likely follow the model set by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall with a civil ceremony followed by a religious blessing. Princess Anne's second marriage was also a smaller ceremony without a tiara. I'm sure Meghan is a lovely woman and I don't think the royal family will care on a personal level that she has been married before but just going by the precedent that's been set I don't think we'll see her wear a tiara if she does marry Prince Harry. That's just for the wedding, I sure there will be plenty of tiaras afterward.
That aside I think Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau would look stunning on her.

Charles and Camilla were

1 charles the future head of the church so held to different standards

2 Camilla was involved in the breakup of the guest marriage which is a no go for most remarriage in the church

3 they were an older couple who already had a large religious wedding

None of these apply to Harry. Harry is not the future head of the church. He was not involved in Meghan's divorce. And neither are they older, or have either already done a church wedding.

Anne was older, a mother if two and gas the big church wedding. Many second marriages under those conditions choose a smaller event. She also had to marry in Scotland which ruled out larger venues, because of the Anglican Church.

They will have a much smaller wedding but no reason to believe they'd pull a Charles. There was a lot of controversy of him only having a civil one.

As for the Saudi sapphires I hope not. Kate us already so associated with the sapphires and not simply the ring. Diana has other jewels. Pick another coloured set for Meghan.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:12 AM
Majesty

A Tiara for Meghan Markle? | The Court Jeweller

Would love to see her wear any of these. Although I doubt she will wear the fringe tiara.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've said it here before- the Strathmore Rose worn bandeau style would be spectacular on Meghan. Unique and pretty and I think, pretty instantly iconic.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:36 AM
Majesty

I think these conversations are perhaps a bit premature. That said, I think Harry's wife may end up with a tiara being acquired for her.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm whomever he marries, surely they have enough tiaras laying around for her to use?

LaRae
Old 05-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hmmm whomever he marries, surely they have enough tiaras laying around for her to use?

LaRae
Of course they have enough tiaras, but any tiara given to Harry's wife will end up leaving the main line. To keep the collection in tact, it is expected (as in the case of Prince Andrew ) a new tiara and parure will be acquired.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

ANY tiara from the Royal collection that Ms Markle has use of, must and will be a loan. No-one would want to see it leave the Royal collection either through descent or [God forbid] through Divorce..
I think a purchased one would be best, as there are fine ones available on the London market.
If one is loaned from the Royal collection, I would rather see Sophie's Aquamarines go to Ms Markle, and Sophie 'upgraded' to the Cartier Sapphire Bandeau. Sophie has 'proved her worth', whereas Ms Markle is [for the moment[ an entirely 'unknown quantity' [in Royal terms].
Old 05-18-2017, 12:22 AM
Aristocracy

I think a lifetime loan of a tiara already in the main line would be the way to go for Meghan. The Teck Crescent would be good as its not associated with anyone recently. It is a full circlet, though, which might pose a challenge.

Now, here's a thought -- Prince Charles has always liked commissioning new pieces of jewelry for Camilla, and I can see Harry wanting to do something special like that for Meghan. Converting an existing bracelet would work nicely for a smallish easy-to-wear tiara or hair ornament.

The Queen has some lovely diamond ears-of-wheat elements that were QV's which would make a perfect tiara for an American bride. This ears-of-wheat thing gets my vote.

If I was Meghan, I wouldn't want a store-bought tiara. It's too ... shades of Fergie, and the low expectations that brings.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:46 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Although I very much like the wheat ears idea, I don't think it would happen as Queen Victoria, herself, designated them as heirlooms of the Crown and have been passed down from queen to queen and I don't think they'd ever be made available to be fashioned into anything besides what they are right now.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Queen Victoria's Wheat-Ear Brooches

I don't see Meghan as being the type of person to want anything ostentatious and large and if its to be a "signature" tiara for her (on loan of course), maybe the way to go would be to get the Strathmore Rose tiara up to snuff for Meghan's use. This tiara was also a prime candidate for the wedding tiara for Kate when she married William. I really like this one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Stra...5IEJ0B0bhI40M:
Old 05-18-2017, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

I have always liked the Strathmore Rose. Alright, let's go with that. Worn high, not across the forehead. A perfect bridal tiara. The Double Meander and the Teck are sort of clunky for a bride.

Okay, now for her second tiara she'll get on the eve of her first Diplomatic Reception:

The Queen's City of London diamond fringe necklace converted into a tiara! A traditional fringe would suit Meghan perfectly.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

What about Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet? Is it still in the BRF?

LaRae
Old 05-18-2017, 06:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
What about Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet? Is it still in the BRF?

LaRae
No, the coronet went from the main line to the Earls of Harewood. So it is no longer in the royal collection. And besides this: after the death of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (in 2011) the coronet -almost likely- has been sold.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I have always liked the Strathmore Rose. Alright, let's go with that. Worn high, not across the forehead. A perfect bridal tiara. The Double Meander and the Teck are sort of clunky for a bride.

Okay, now for her second tiara she'll get on the eve of her first Diplomatic Reception:

The Queen's City of London diamond fringe necklace converted into a tiara! A traditional fringe would suit Meghan perfectly.

The Diplomatic Reception has only a few royals attending. It's not like a garden party or a state dinner with a much larger royal party. It's basically the monarch and heir and their spouses. So Harry and his wife may never attend the Diplomatic Reception.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
No, the coronet went from the main line to the Earls of Harewood. So it is no longer in the royal collection. And besides this: after the death of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (in 2011) the coronet -almost likely- has been sold.
Too bad...gorgeous piece.

LaRae
Old 05-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Diplomatic Reception has only a few royals attending. It's not like a garden party or a state dinner with a much larger royal party. It's basically the monarch and heir and their spouses. So Harry and his wife may never attend the Diplomatic Reception.
Actually it requires more members of the Royal Family cause there are many ambassadors and diplomats attending. In the past the Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra and other members of the Royal Family had attended.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry