Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).

I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.

I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.
Tge Chinese state dinner was before Kate ever wore the Lovers Knot. Since she wore the Lovers Knot at the Diplomatic Corps reception in 2015, she has only worn that tiara which has had 3 outings in all. So I am not sure where the Lotus tiara now is.

The Earl and Countess of Snowden [as the Linleys now are] have little or no use for Tiaras, since they never attend State Banquets or the Diplomatic Reception. Yet the Teck Circle Tiara has not appeared at Auction...
Perhaps it has been sold privately ? Either to HMQ, or elsewhere.
We cannot know until [if ever] it appears in Public again...

Kate probably still has the Lotus; she did for the Chinese state dinner.
(Possibly so she could have a change if she likes).

I doubt Meghan will wear the Halo; now it is too associated with Kate's wedding.

I'm hoping to see something from the vaults that hasn't resurfaced in a long time.

Me too. I'd prefer not to see her in anything Kate has recently worn.

That said, I'm not crazy about the sapphire bandeau. I'm sure Meghan could make it work (not as a wedding tiara, however) but I don't find it the most aesthetically pleasing.

The Earl and Countess of Snowden [as the Linleys now are] have little or no use for Tiaras, since they never attend State Banquets or the Diplomatic Reception. Yet the Teck Circle Tiara has not appeared at Auction...
Perhaps it has been sold privately ? Either to HMQ, or elsewhere.
We cannot know until [if ever] it appears in Public again...

It could be worn also as a necklace so The Countess of Snowden can still wear it even she never attended a tiara event.

I think Harry's wife should INITIALLY be given a 'starter tiara' appropriate to her status as a new [and untested] member of the BRF. Once she has 'proved her worth', she can be given a more significant one.
In my opinion, the Countess of Wessex has earned an 'upgrade' beyond her [pitiful] Wedding Tiara, and acquamarines..

I think Harry's wife should INITIALLY be given a 'starter tiara' appropriate to her status as a new [and untested] member of the BRF. Once she has 'proved her worth', she can be given a more significant one.
In my opinion, the Countess of Wessex has earned an 'upgrade' beyond her [pitiful] Wedding Tiara, and acquamarines..

I don't see what sort of starter she could get, other than the Halo, unless one is specifically purchased for her.
(And if that sort of investment is made, might as well go all out and get something she could use forever, instead of bothering with a starter).

But I agree about Sophie's wedding tiara, it is pathetic.
Wonder why she doesn't have it dismantled and use the stones for something nicer?

My guess is Sophie likes it? Not everyone has the same taste that's for sure!

LaRae

I don't see what sort of starter she could get, other than the Halo, unless one is specifically purchased for her.
(And if that sort of investment is made, might as well go all out and get something she could use forever, instead of bothering with a starter).

But I agree about Sophie's wedding tiara, it is pathetic.
Wonder why she doesn't have it dismantled and use the stones for something nicer?
I do believe a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. As this tiara will not be passing down the main line of the BRF, it is unlikely to be something that is historically relevant to the BRF.

As to size, I think it will be a medium sized all diamond tiara that can be versatile to use.

I do believe a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. As this tiara will not be passing down the main line of the BRF, it is unlikely to be something that is historically relevant to the BRF.

As to size, I think it will be a medium sized all diamond tiara that can be versatile to use.

I can't see a new tiara happening because the cost would attract attention and because there's really no need- there are so many tiaras in the collection going unused or hardly used.

When Sarah married in and got a new tiara, Margaret and the Queen Mother were both still alive and wearing their tiaras and so was Diana. Plus the expense didn't raise eyebrows the way it would now.

If Prince Harry were to buy his wife a Tiara as a Wedding present, NO criticism would be made...

Or if Harry has one made from existing stones in his personal possession paid for privately ...that is not going to raise objections.

LaRae

I can't see a new tiara happening because the cost would attract attention and because there's really no need- there are so many tiaras in the collection going unused or hardly used.

When Sarah married in and got a new tiara, Margaret and the Queen Mother were both still alive and wearing their tiaras and so was Diana. Plus the expense didn't raise eyebrows the way it would now.

You make a good point about there being so many tiaras going unused. I would love to see HM be a little more generous in what she loans out. If she were, then I'd be all for Meghan wearing somehing from the vault. I just wouldn't want another Sophie situation, where the bride is stuck with something wholly unflattering.

Last edited:
If Prince Harry were to buy his wife a Tiara as a Wedding present, NO criticism would be made...

But traditionally, it's a gift given by the monarch right? Well, by tradition I mean HMQ paid for Fergie and Sohpie's tiaras. :lol:

That is correct, but 'times change'...[as this putative marriage shows]...People are FAR more critical in these times of austerity and a gift from a groom to his bride is absolutely beyond criticism...

Hmmm but those were son's wives. Perhaps it would be Charles paying for Meghan's instead...if not Harry.

LaRae

I think that Harry's wife will follow the pattern established by Sophie. She will wear a tiara from the royal collection for her wedding and wear that tiara for a while and then switch to another royal collection tiara. Somewhere along the way we may see her wear a loaner tiara or privately acquired a tiara both of which Sophie has done.

Charles is a very generous man and likes to see the women in his circle well turned out, so I can see Charles purchasing a blingy parure with tiara for Harry's wife but maybe not out the gate since it may not be clear if Harry's wife will be a tiara-phile. I can still see Charles gifting a blingy parure as a wedding gift but the parure will not include a tiara.

One other scenario could be a rich friend gifting a tiara / tiara parure.

I thought Sophie had a new tiara for her wedding...not one from the BRF collection.

LaRae

That is correct, but 'times change'...[as this putative marriage shows]...People are FAR more critical in these times of austerity and a gift from a groom to his bride is absolutely beyond criticism...

Sounds like to me it's a no win situation. If HMQ and Prince Phillip do gift her a new tiara, it'd be criticized they spent lavishly while people are suffering. If they don't and Harry does it, there will be chatter about how HMQ didn't approve of the union even though she had to formally give consent. They might as well just do whatever they want if that's the case.

And speaking of tiaras, if she were to get a new one, I think I finally realized something that would be perfect fit for Meghan. Something like the Modern Fringe the Swedish royal family has would look great on her. It has an element of classic fringe, but modern twist. It's formal enough, yet softer than the traditional fringe. I think that just sums up Meghan.

Last edited:
Ah okay..I thought it was a new design, created for Sophie.

LaRae

I think that Harry's wife will follow the pattern established by Sophie. She will wear a tiara from the royal collection for her wedding and wear that tiara for a while and then switch to another royal collection tiara. Somewhere along the way we may see her wear a loaner tiara or privately acquired a tiara both of which Sophie has done.
What's the difference between a loaner and a tiara from the royal collection? Are they the same thing?

Charles is a very generous man and likes to see the women in his circle well turned out, so I can see Charles purchasing a blingy parure with tiara for Harry's wife but maybe not out the gate since it may not be clear if Harry's wife will be a tiara-phile. I can still see Charles gifting a blingy parure as a wedding gift but the parure will not include a tiara.

One other scenario could be a rich friend gifting a tiara / tiara parure.

What tiara did Sophie acquire privately?
As far as I know, she only has two: the wedding one cobbled together from pieces in the Royal Collection, and the Five Aquamarine.

Is there another?

Charles might gift a tiara to Harry's wife; he is know to have representatives at various auctions to purchase jewelry, so he might even buy something that way.

Sounds like to me it's a no win situation. If HMQ and Prince Phillip do gift her a new tiara, it'd be criticized they spent lavishly while people are suffering. If they don't and Harry does it, there will be chatter about how HMQ didn't approve of the union even though she had to formally give consent. They might as well just do whatever they want if that's the case.

And speaking of tiaras, if she were to get a new one, I think I finally realized something that would be perfect fit for Meghan. Something like the Modern Fringe the Swedish royal family has would look great on her. It has an element of classic fringe, but modern twist. It's formal enough, yet softer than the traditional fringe. I think that just sums up Meghan.

I dont think the Queen or Prince Charles acquiring some jewellery,including a tiara for Harry's wife will attract material criticism. Some will whine, but those will whine at pretty much anything. Camilla has acquired quite a lot of new jewellery in the last 12 years without much criticism.

Charles might gift a tiara to Harry's wife; he is know to have representatives at various auctions to purchase jewelry, so he might even buy something that way.

I will say, that's one of the reasons why, now that Charles has sorted out his personal life, he's becoming one of my favorite royals. He got great appreciation for fine jewels.

Last edited:
As far as I know, she only has two: the wedding one cobbled together from pieces in the Royal Collection, and the Five Aquamarine.

Is there another?

Sophie does have a diamond and aquamarine tiara that can also be worn as a necklace. This first appeared around 2005. She recently wore it in Sweden for one of the weddings (CP & Sofia, if I am not mistaken).

Is there another?

Sophie has three. Her wedding, the five aquamarine, and the aquamarine necklace tiara

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Friday): The Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara

http://theroyalpost.com/2012/10/24/a-new-tiara-for-sophie/

She has also worn a fourth tiara. But it has only been seen once, and is believed likely to have simply been a loan from a jeweler. Not acquired. Though there was some speculation the tiara actually belonged to Philip's mother.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/a6/a2/f6a6a23107324ecbcb4db8e7ff7e79d3.jpg

What's the difference between a loaner and a tiara from the royal collection? Are they the same thing?
Some may refer to a tiara from the royal collection as a loaner but I was referring to the tiara that Sophie wore to an event related to Frederik and Mary of Denmark's wedding. That tiara is believed to be a loan from a jeweler. x

Is there another?

Sophie has worn four tiaras:
- Her wedding tiara from the royal collection;
- Button tiara believed to be a loan from a jeweler;
- Aquamarine tiara from the royal collection;
- Aquamarine necklace tiara believed to be an acquisition.

Just an opinion, I can believe that Charles would gift his daughter-in-law with a nice tiara but I don't think it will be a wedding gift, more than likely it will come later.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why he wouldn't gift her one for her wedding? If the Queen's offerings are slim or said future daughter-in-law had something else in mind, I think he would happily purchase a tiara for her.

I'm not sure why he wouldn't gift her one for her wedding? If the Queen's offerings are slim or said future daughter-in-law had something else in mind, I think he would happily purchase a tiara for her.

The thing is I wish the Queen would just open up the vault and start loaning some of the bandeau and smaller fringe pieces. If we don't see them on Kate and Harry's future wife in the next few years, we probably won't until Charlotte is old enough.

:previous: I agree. I get why she doesn't just give away jewels but I'm not seeing why she isn't more generous in loaning out tiaras or other pieces. Perhaps she thinks royal spouses need to earn them but if that were case, I'd think Sophie would have at least one nicer/grander tiara by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom