The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

This might be the Tiara assigned to Harry's future Wife.. Originally owned by Queen Mary, and [either] commissioned by her or purchased by her from Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia [during her exile].
The Sapphire [?] centrepiece is thought to be detachable, allowing other coloured stones to replace it, making it extremely versatile.
In the Vault, and unseen for decades it it here worn by the young Princess Margaret.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mags.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	300155  

Old 03-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Do we know if it's still intact?

LaRae

Old 03-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Do we know if it's still intact?
No we don't, but it hasn't appeared at Auction, nor has their been a whisper about its destruction. Its one of the MANY 'Mysteries of the Vault'.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah one can hope then!
Old 03-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I would love if they took one of the historic necklaces and set them as a tiara. They have some fantastic pieces, add some new bling via an old piece.
Yes as long as it's a better design than Sophie's wedding tiara.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The second. Daenerys specifically asked the double meander, which is the second, which belonged to the queen mum.

The first is more commonly referred to as the Greek keY, though it is in a meander style. And it belongs to Anne. I don't see Harry's wife wearing it.
Yes, the Double Meander. The aigrette portion has already been removed. But I still have my fingers crossed for the Strathmore Rose.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The second. Daenerys specifically asked the double meander, which is the second, which belonged to the queen mum.

The first is more commonly referred to as the Greek keY, though it is in a meander style. And it belongs to Anne. I don't see Harry's wife wearing it.
Thank you, Countessmeout.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
Yes, the Double Meander. The aigrette portion has already been removed. But I still have my fingers crossed for the Strathmore Rose.
I always have to have a picture. I see what you mean. The 5th picture down makes it look luscious. That would indeed look beautiful on a head of dark hair.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Strathmore Rose
Old 03-15-2017, 11:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Yes as long as it's a better design than Sophie's wedding tiara.
I was thinking more along the lines of a full necklace being converted. Thinking like CP Mary's new one. Not a cobbled together disaster like Sophie.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I always have to have a picture. I see what you mean. The 5th picture down makes it look luscious. That would indeed look beautiful on a head of dark hair.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Strathmore Rose

I actually think it could be sensational if worn bandeau style by Meghan, if she and Harry do marry. She could pull that look off.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Totally agree. While the Strathmore is lovely, worn on top of the hair it doesn't have much wow. If worn on the wedding, like the halo, would get lost under the veil. But worn bandeau style across the forehead, would look fantastic. And I think Meghan has enough style she would take that chance, and rock it.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I actually think it could be sensational if worn bandeau style by Meghan, if she and Harry do marry. She could pull that look off.
Agree.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

That Strathmore Rose tiara is just beautiful! A shame we don't see it.

LaRae
Old 03-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If I'm remembering right, the Strathmore Rose was a top contender in the guessing forums leading up to William and Kate's wedding and actually was my favorite with the Halo being second. I have to admit that I was glued to the TV set and holding my breath waiting for Kate to walk out of the hotel and into the car to head to Westminster Abbey.

For some reason though, my gut feeling is that should there be a wedding, Meghan will opt out for simplicity and perhaps just wear a garland of flowers in her hair. Both Meghan and Kate seem prefer to be minimalistic when it comes to jewelry.

As Harry's Duchess, I would imagine that she'd be pretty much like Kate but the idea of being a bit "different" such as wearing a bandeau does fit with the image I have of Meghan. Will be interesting to watch.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If I'm remembering right, the Strathmore Rose was a top contender in the guessing forums leading up to William and Kate's wedding and actually was my favorite with the Halo being second. I have to admit that I was glued to the TV set and holding my breath waiting for Kate to walk out of the hotel and into the car to head to Westminster Abbey.

For some reason though, my gut feeling is that should there be a wedding, Meghan will opt out for simplicity and perhaps just wear a garland of flowers in her hair. Both Meghan and Kate seem prefer to be minimalistic when it comes to jewelry.

As Harry's Duchess, I would imagine that she'd be pretty much like Kate but the idea of being a bit "different" such as wearing a bandeau does fit with the image I have of Meghan. Will be interesting to watch.

I think I disagree with Kate going minimalist with jewelry. That was true early in her marriage, but we've seen her wear three different tiaras in just five tiara appearances, and she's been wearing the Queen's magnificent wedding gift bracelet on the regular. Plus those earrings at the BAFTAs- wow. She gets more and more comfortable using the big stuff every year.

I imagine Meghan or whoever Harry marries will go through a similar evolution over time, but I'm about 90% certain she'd wear a tiara on her wedding day, if only to play to crowd expectations. (It was rumored, though never confirmed, that Kate considered not wearing one and was urged to reconsider)

I love the idea of Meghan in the Strathmore as a bandeau. It didn't occur to me before last night, but now it would delight my tiara loving heart so 1) Harry, I'm going to need you to get on making that engagement happen and 2) Meghan, I'm going to need your stylist to come to this board for inspiration, k?

:)
Old 03-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Didn't Catherine already wear the Strathmore Rose? It would indicate it's one her working tiaras.

British royals usually don't share tiaras.

Edit: Wrong tiara. Catharine wore the Lotus Flower
Old 03-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Didn't Catherine already wear the Strathmore Rose? It would indicate it's one her working tiaras.

British royals usually don't share tiaras.

No, Catherine has never worn it. You may be thinking of the Lotus.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^ Yup. Thanks for the correction.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

If she wore it...I've totally forgotten about it.....hmmm

LaRae
Old 03-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Majesty

I suspect a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. Plenty are available on London at quite attractive prices. The will allow the current collection to remain intact and pass down the main line of the BRF

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry